The Grand Crossover RP - Pathway to Origin [IC/PG-13/Moved to NCM for Finale]

Merci

[spoiler=Tsunugai's Dream Sequence]Everything went quiet after LERNA had done what she had to do, at least to Tsunugai...

And for good reason. The overwhelming despair showed him seeing the constant murder of his own parents repeatedly. It was the reason for joining the Divine: to save the fate of his parents, to undo the need to kill to make a living, to give him the responsibility to protect them and nobody else. Why must he be reminded of this fateful moment? The shedding of innocent blood that could have been avoided. But alas, it was not meant to be. But because his mind will never forget such a tragic event, he's left with the everlasting torment of what could have changed. But with the Door of Origin, he can change all that. He can return everything to what was considered peaceful, but it will be because his parents would not be killed in cold blo-

THAT'S ENOUGH!!

A familiar yet strangely weaker presence entered Tsunugai's mind. He appeared to be a high class knight wearing royal armor.

Why are you letting this despair overcome you?

Tsunugai said nothing, speechless.

Don't you get it? Despair is the true lie! You have the hope inside you, along with what has been given to everyone?

Tsunugai was unable to speak. Even if he wanted to, something kept his mouth shut.

To prove LERNA wrong, I shall give you a fraction of my power, overwhelming as it is when very little of it is used.

Finally, Tsunugai was able to force out a single word: Why?

Because, you and I are not so different. I lost my parents as well. But unlike you, they were killed to whom I was immune to.

Tsunugai was now able to speak, albeit having to force it out.

T-thank you. I-I will not let you down. But...before you proceed...what is your name?

The presence gave a warm smile, knowing why he asked that.

Richard...Richard Mason. Now, it's time you change the tide of this battle. GO!

And with that, the intangible presence of Richard disappeared once more, but not without leaving his power to Tsunugai's command. And as soon as he prepared to use it, his visions changed drastically. It was of his friends/Paladins: Rose, Velvet, Seth, Cyrus, Forcas. They were standing in front of them. And then he remembered something important. His despair led to new hope when he became a Paladin. And although he lost his memory, he got it back, and it gave him a reason to not let history repeat itself again. He will protect as many people within his own ability, and nothing will stand in his way to return the multiverse to normal.

With that, he gave a smile to his friends as they faded away, and his vision faded into white...

Much to the surprise of those in the surrounding area, a pillar of light encompassed Tsunugai, his power increasing tenfold. As a result, the attacks of the separated members of the Trinity Armor did nothing. In retaliation, legendary concentrations of lightning surged throughout each member of the Trinity Armor, incinerating it to pure nothingness. When the pillar disappeared, all that was left, was Tsunugai in what appeared to be a new transformation. It seems as though Redemption mode is different with all who possess such an incredible source of power.

And with a mere point of his left index finger, Xansvita's Dark Thundaga spell was destroyed by a superior spell full of light. And with this power,

He then turned his attention towards the Familiar. Tsunugai didn't speak, but appeared before Xansvita in blinding speeds. And without a second thought, the two were consumed in a dome of light, impenetrable from the outside. Once more, Tsunugai had brought another to his perception, one of which he makes the rules, and his enemies have no power towards him. And now the time for him to suffer was at hand. Again, Tsunugai said absolutely nothing. How could he? The power he had legitimately prevented him from speaking, as his voice would hold power as well, literally.

And to start things off, Tsunugai unleashed a Lightning spell unlike any other at Xansvita, knocking the wind out of him...

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Try the second compressor, Riley," Azumi instructed as she tried as she might to fully repair The Jaws of Hell. She managed to construct a replacement mount for the right arm, allowing its weapons to be refitted with ease. However, the left arm was still dysfunctional; it couldn't move around regardless of Riley's input. That was before and after the two had taken the massive risk to try and repair The Jaws of Hell in the midst of the battlefield.

"Anything?" asked Azumi.

"Nope; left arm's still buggered," Riley replied, "We're probably gonna have to take a trip back to your universe to get it fixed."

"Damn it, that could take days," Azumi muttered to herself, before looking back up where Riley was sitting, "Well did you still wanna test the new mount I made?"

Riley was already on it. He turned The Jaws of Hell around and fired a few rockets out into the distance, without a care in the world where they were headed.

"Done annnnnnnd..." he also fired the main cannon up in the air, blowing away a few tiles in the process, "Done. New mount works perfectly."

"Well... watch where you're firing next time, please,"

"What do you mean...? Oh... whoops,"

That wasn't the only mistake he made. Apart from sending a few useful tiles down to the ocean of despair, he also fired the rockets in Emiya's direction.

Xansvita

Xansvita scowled as Tsunugai seemingly effortlessly destroyed the Trinity Armor and the Chrono Twister. The attack was so powerful, so pure, that there was simply no negative energy left that could return to Xansvita, much to the Familiar's displeasure. Meanwhile, Alister had managed to destroy the Iron Imprisoner, but because his attacks weren't nearly on the level of Tsunuga's, the Iron Imprisoner's life force managed to return to its creator.

It was then that Xansvita was drawn into Tsunugai's mind. At the sound of the Lightning spell, Xansvita protected himself with a Dark Reflega, and while he was able to fire back the attack towards Tsunugai, the lightning seemed to change course just as it was about to hit Tsunugai, firing off to the sides rather than harming the one who called it forth. Xansvita tapped his foot against the surface, realizing that he was unable to become one with the shadows.

"Impressive," he said. "We'll give you this, at least. You will be much more difficult to deal with than that oversized chicken. At least there, we were able to trap him in a dimension of our design. How ironic to almost immediately be drawn into another's." Holding his black flame sword at the ready, he prepared a Dark Aeroga to protect himself. With the dark winds shielding him, the flames of his sword began to spread out, surrounding him with a shield of dark flames, where all who dare to strike through them would feel despair. "Tell us something, paladin. If we kill you, does that mean we get to leave your little world? Or are you the only one who gets to decide who comes and who goes?"

ADR-11 / ADR-12 / Eria

With Yuki's help, Eria was able to stand up again. She placed her hand over her heart, taking deep breaths. "It's horrible, having our emotions be played with like this. Then again, I always had to bend the will of water creatures in the past. Is this… is that they felt like?" She looked at Frankram, considering what she could have been thinking earlier when she first saw him. She stepped forward, but Arthur grabbed her arm to keep her back.

"Leave him," Arthur suggested.

Eria shook her head. "I can't."

"Why not?"

"As much as I really want to get back at him giving me these stupid ears, I'm not just going to leave him here to die."

Arthur let go of her hand and sighed. "Alright. If that's what you want."

Eria approached Frankram, kneeling down beside the scientist and putting her hand on his shoulder, giving him a soft shake in an attempt to wake him up.

"I'm going to go help the others out," Arthur told Eria. "Think you'll be okay?"

Eria nodded. "Don't worry about me, Arthur."

Arthur wanted to say more, but ADR-11 commanded its host to do otherwise. Enemy Titanomachia has been destroyed. Enemy LERNA is currently occupied with other opponents. Recommended action: Report to Mother posthaste.

Arthur turned to MirageGaogamon, the Agent allowing Arthur to think that he was in control of his own actions. "Alright then. Stay safe, Eria. Let's go, MirageGaogamon!"

MirageGaogamon nodded, holding out his hand for Arthur to jump on. He placed Arthur on his shoulder, but ADR-12 thought it best to maintain its own illusion of MirageGaogamon having free will. "Don't worry, Eria. Soon, this fight will all be over." MirageGaogamon looked at Arthur, and the two of them nodded in agreement. No doubt their Mother was aware of the events that had unfolded. At the very least, Eria had indeed proved herself to be useful by calling upon the aid of the Egyptian Gods. However, one of them was nowhere to be found. With so many people going after LERNA, the Agents went in search of their Mother.

Slifer & Obelisk

Slifer and Obelisk had a moment of hesitation, feeling their connection to Ra growing weaker while their attacks destroyed the last of the Unversed blocking their path.

Don't hesitate, Slifer said to Obelisk telepathically. Ra would want Us to continue fighting.

You don't think I know that? Obelisk asked. First We shall destroy this Witch, and then, We shall save Ra!

Agreed!

Unwrapping himself from Obelisk's arm, Slifer prepared to gather more energy within both of his mouths, while Obelisk did the same with his hands. Together, they shouted, "LET'S END THIS!"

Tsunugai merely breathed in with his nose, and exhaled out unfathomable gusts of wind, dousing the flames instantaneously. And without actually moving his lips, Tsunugai began to speak in a booming voice. This is my world. You will never kill me, as I decide what you can do here. I can kill you if I wish, but allowing you to suffer is much more fitting. Plus, you seem to not understand. You've succumbed to the lies of a soul who only believes despair to be the truth. Many warriors that fight for the light used hope when all is lost. Despair is the true non-existence, and this power shall prove what hope can do. With a mere flick of his fingers, Tsunugai unleashed a powerful ball of light, shattering the wind barrier of despair instantaneously.

Do you now see how useless despair is?

Tsunugai summoned light-infused spikes of stone from underneath Xansvita, knowing he might avoid it.

Hope is the reason why evil always falls to the blades of the warriors of light!

Fire pillars then came down, continuously chasing Xansvita until he was hit by one.

Despair comes from those who wish to fight for something that has no foundation to begin with! Despair is merely an attempt for those who walk in darkness hide their cowardice! Hope is where all strength lies. Hope is infinite, and now you will see how much there is to fighting for what is noble and true when all is truly lost! Until you understand that despair is meaningless, you will have no authority! I will see to it that LERNA also comes to know this, regardless if she is willing to learn. Now then, shall we continue, or will you continue to boast on what is truly your inferiority complex?

"BECAUSE"

It felt as if a cold hand had just grabbed her heart. And it was squeezing with all its might as Lydia stood a bare few metres from LERNA. From a distance, it is always hard to gauge the size of things. But things become terrifyingly real once you are literally face to face. Her hands shook beyond her mortal control as she stared into the eyes of the contempt-filled beast. Her skin was like ice, and she shivered in both fear and from the cold. This was her final stand, and for a last stand, she so desperately wanted to run.

HOPE DOES NOT EXIST.
HOPE IS A LIE.
DESPAIR IS TRUTH.
I WISH FOR EVERYONE TO LEARN THIS TRUTH.
AS I DO.
SO SHALL YOU.

Those words pierced her mind like a hangover after the biggest night ever. Through human instinct she brought her hands to her ears, but it didn't help. All Lydia felt inside was cold, absolute zero. Was this the despair LERNA wanted? If so, then it was just downright terrifying. There are many forms of fear, but this one, trumped them all. Lydia could not find her voice as LERNA charged up her assault, and she stood there petrified as the hydra fired. She could not fight back, for where she stood, LERNA's darkness consumed all.

~A Fate Accepted~

The force of the blast sent her flying towards the abyss. Cuestick flew from her hand whilst the Tome scattered its pages like a wounded bird; the damage done to her red robe caused it to fly away in tatters. Time slowed down immensely as she fell; every metre feeling like an eternity. The dark ocean below was getting closer, and it was incredibly inviting. All she thought as the plunge occured was this: "Damn..."

Her fall created too small a splash, and no one would even have noticed her do it.

The sea of despair crushed at her, and dragged her down. Lydia struggled for all her life to get to the surface, but every painful beat just brought her down even more; until, finally, she just could no longer fight it. Trapped beneath the waves, her appendages began their transformation towards Troyhood. And as always, drowning was a good time to reflect. "*Sighs* So, this is it huh? This is the last hurrah for my universe? A universe frozen eternally in time? Well, at least I won't worry about not being remembered. When I'm gone, so too will it. Well, it wasn't all bad really; I did my best. I might not have been a hundred percent serious, but I tried. Isn't that what's most important, the trying? Sure you can be powerful like Sarah, or have awesome ties to people like Itsu, but it is the everyman who does the work in the end. I guess that's what I never realized when I was doing it. I acted like a spazz all the time, Zac must've hated it. How the hell did he even put up with me all those years? I must have been a nightmare. *Sighs* Zac, I'm sorry. I should've been a better friend, or at least, one that didn't drive you like a car. But I know what you'd say: You'd say you didn't mind, you were having fun. You liar. But, in the end, it CAN'T end like this. I can't just give up. LERNA MUST be stopped, at any cost. I can't just give up. I can't just allow her to win for no good reason. I CAN'T!"

~Deep Within Isamy's Vault~

Amongst the doodads of Isamy's grand collection was a deck of eight cards who had been gathering some serious dust. To those near them they would hear an occassional beastial roar; especially now. Various animalistic roars resonated from the deck, in fury, in pain and in... disgust? "Not yet!! Not yet!! Not yet!! Not yet!! Not yet!! Not yet!! Not yet!! Not yet!! NOT YET!! Perhaps I can help? Who are you? Me? Just a fan of dramatic tension. We'd prefer a name. I see, well then; call me Omega. Fine, Omega. But this is a rather short notice on an escape plan. Yes, I know this is short notice, but your mistress needs you. I'll guide the way, you provide the magic. Now go! Time's a ticking after all."

The deck of cards roared loudly as they rose up, guided by a black & white orb that had floated near to them. The card orbited around the orb until each was in alignment. I opposing II, III opposing IV, V opposing VI & VII opposing VIII. Crackles of energy spun and cavorted around the orb faster, and faster, and faster. The orb gave off a brilliant light that illuminated the vault. When the charge built up to its greatest, the orb let off a powerful burst of golden energy that shot upwards and out through a dimensional portal and out.

~LERNA's Barrier~

By some miracle, the portal cut into LERNA's barrier. The havenly gate opened wide, releasing the golden light that blasted into the sea of despair, and striking headlong into Lydia. The waves caused by the blast rose high, and nullified the attack the gods had made on LERNA.

~Mind's Eye~

It was... a white void. A very foggy white void. Lydia floated amongst the emptiness, until, suddenly, she realized that she was naked. In fright she covered her breasts; until, she realized something was amiss. Risking a peep, Lydia found herself with some Barbie doll anatomy; on all three fronts no less. "The hell?" she remarked.

"Not quite, unless you count the human mind as hell."

Risking her way through the haze, Lydia followed a glowing fire that burned in the emptiness. As she followed it, forms became apparant amongst the emptiness. "Welcome Lydia, long time no see Sorceress" came a voice.

As she approached the mass, Lydia broke through the emptiness to land on a platform that resembled a park: The park where she had first met Zac so many years ago. The swings were there, as well as those things that are on the giant spring. What she didn't remember however, was a random collection of animals in the park. There were eight in total, with the lead being a fierce looking fox with a burning tail. He was sitting patiently, though his tail gave a slight wag as he finally caught sight of her. The others of the group included a large and muscular polar bear with ice crystals growing from its shoulders, a dolphin that was floating on a still wave, a hedgehog that was purple and had electricity running along it's absurdly large quills, an armour plated rhino, an eagle with a Revlon Wind, an owl that had lights in place of its eyes, and a bat with nothing but darkness inside its skull. "You're the Dizasters, but, how? You guys were stolen by Isamy. You should be wherever she hides awya her junk."

The animals murmured amongst themselves at the indirect insult of being described as 'junk'. The next elected speaker was the dolphin, as he chose to speak next. "Quite, Sorceress. Technically, our physical forms are still there; our true spiritual selves have made their way here to provide you with our aid."

"Okay, but, it might be a little late. Right now I'd sya my body has just lost a serious amount of weight and, well, I guess it won't be worrying about its skin either. Oh god don't tell me this is some weird mental limbo the mind goes to when it becomes one of those weird stickmen. Great, perfect. What a wonderful torture. You get to spend eternity getting your hopes up just to get them torn down again" she moaned.

The Dizaster Spirits looked amongst themselves, and their one hope's sanity was slowly slipping. The owl shrieked loudly to get her attention. "You are not a Troy yet child, not with our power protecting you. No wlisten child, we are here to help you. We will augment your power with our own, so that which you may smite this wicked witch once and for all!"

"But what about her copy power? Couldn't she just read me and counter?"

It was the Revlon Eagle's turn to speak next. "We have accounted for this, so we will aid you there as well. Our spirits shall overlay themselves over yours, so that even though LERNA may try to read your being, we will intervene. She will then read us, only getting a fraction of your soon to be might. This was the same trick performed by the Sliferok entity, so naturally it will work for us as well. And, as there are no other objections or questions: Lydia, are you ready to receive our power?"

The Spirits looked in earnest to Lydia, who mulled the question over carefully. "What will happen afterwards?"

The bat turned its head, and the vacant emptiness in his eyes seem to drown Lydia in darkness. "We will be forced from your body and you will return to your normal self, sans the Troy conversion you were suffering before our intervention."

"Well, let's do it then. There's no point leaving a decision like to tomorrow as, if LERNA wins, tomorrow will never come. I accept Dizasters, so let's do this!" she declared.

The animals roared in unison, and faded from sight. Their vacancy was short-lived as they circled around her, their respective element floating like a symbol above them. There was a question that was weighing on her mind heavily, but right now seemed like an inoppertune time to ask. "We Dizaster give our power unto you so. So you may right the wrongs of your foe. Through our will and our might. You will bring victory to this fight. (That was so corny.) Sorceress, hold now this power in your heart. Do not let despair tear it apart. We shall all light the way. And bring hope back to this blighted day! We Dizaster give our pledge, and bring our Sorceress a hopeful edge!"

The platform was filled with light as the Spirits exploded into their standard colours, and they united with their sorceress. Her eyes, nose, ears and mouth all expelled golden light, as a new power was born.

~LERNA's Barrier~

As the hydra gave her private celebration of her triumph, the light that had invaded her barrier gave her a feeling not felt for a long time: Terror. The light was made of such a disgusting quantity of hope, and it freely roamed her barrier like it owned- Oh, it was gone. But, why did it appear? Surely all of those wretched fools should be drowning in despair, aside from that unnatural light that continued to keep Hope alive...!!!!

The oceans were in pain, they roared and rippled in agony as that disgusting light of hope burst forth from beneath its comforting blanket. LERNA roared in fury as a golden speck launched up from the waves.

~Sailor Stars~

The golden light stood before LERNA, so arrogant and so hopeful. It's very winking was pure mockery to her. She roared again in fury as she fired pure darkness from her active mouth. It didn't get far as the attack failed to get near the speck, whose light just dispelled the empty black attack. The speck launched off against, high into the sky and around, to form an enormous golden cicle, one that was three stories high at least. Once it was done with its great circle, the speck began frantic scrawling of a line that moved from point 1 to point 4, then to point 7, then to point 2, then point 5, point 8, point 3, point 6 and back to point 1.

The speck had drawn an immense eight pointed star in the air, and, with its job, finished, it dived into it. The Wheel of Eight lit up, it's existence spinning and spinning. As it rotated fully, a single loud sound emanated from it. The sound, of a lock opening.

The ring then completed it's eighth cycle, and stopped. The unlocking sound emanated from the wheel, and, it opened. The points of the star opened the door, allowing an entity access. It was Lydia, and she was ready for action. Now the same size as the door, she broke free from the bindings. By the Power of Eight, her attire had ascended to the greatest level of awesome. She wore a glorious golden breastplate that lowered into a sweeping skirt that blew in its own wind. There was the symbol of an 8-pointed star below the breastline. She wore golden high heels with ivory vines riding up her legs until the knees. Two golden armguards covered her arms, and they two bore the 8-pointed star sigil. Upon her head was an ivory-white circlet with wings riding through her flowing hair. She was kept aloft by two enormous golden wings, their light ignoring the reality warp caused by the barrier.

"Hello LERNA" Lydia greeted nonchalantly.

She reached forwards, and something rose from the depths. Cuestick flew from the waves that tried to contain it, and it stoof before her like a toothpick. It embraced the light she emanated, and grew in size, and in design. The crescent moon evolved into a full moon as the shaft became a smooth and ascened to the length of a full sized staff. The original star pattern was gone, and now there were 6 points forming from the circular center. Four pointed diagonally from the circle, while the other two pointed upwards and down to the base of the staff. The circle, if you would care to look, now consisted of a full sun, with a crescent moon overlayig its right side. The eyes of sun was planted with a glowing white stone, while the moon had a black stone. Each star point also bore a stone, each of red, light blue, dark blue, purple, brown & green.

The newly formed Uneclipsed fit quite well in her grip, and the design wasn't too shabby either. "LERNA!" Lydia calle dout, her voice carrying immense weight and depth that rumbled in the barrier, "LERNA. You have chosen to bring nothing but pain and misery to anyone. Your end game plan was to drown the whole multiverse in the despair you feel. No, that's not right. You plan to drown all in the despair you embody. Because, that's all you are, aren't you? You are nothing more than an empty shell operated by a fleeting feeling. You told me, right to my face that despair is the only truth. Well, you're wrong. Lies, if believed in enough become truths one day. And if knowing the truth means knowing only despair, then I'm happier with the lies. You believe despair always win, that it will always destroy hope. WELL YOU'RE WRONG! Though hope may fall to despair like the sun giving way to the moon, eventually the moon must give way to the sun, so that hope may rise from despair. Your scheme might have been clever LERNA, but you forgot the biggest flaw. Well, no, not true is it? You didn't forget it, because you didn't know it to begin with. Even if the multiverse is flooded with despair like you desired, eventually hope will rise up like the first bloom after winter. Winter is not eternal, and the winter you hope to bring won't be either. Hope will rise up, and no matter how many times you try to crush it it will CONTINUE to bloom. Because THAT is the one truth. Despair and hope are a constant, and neither can exist without the other. Because if hope never existed, then people will never have had what allows despair the spring, because they wouldn't have believed in anything to begin with. All of us, Counter Corp & Divine alike have something to wish in, to believe in. And it is purely by your selfish desires that you have already destroyed countless hopes. Do you know why you gave in to despair LERNA? It's because you gave up! You gave up in the game of Life, because you found it too hard. Well I'm sorry sweetie, but that's Life for ya. It's not meant to be easy, and only the weak give up! It has been said that history is only ever written by the winners. So that's why YOU'LL never be remembered LERNA, for you are nothing more than a sore loser throwing a temper tantrum! If you don't like it, you deal with it. And I know this LERNA: You'll try to rationalise it once again with your own faulty logic, well NOT THIS TIME! I think it's about time you saw the light LERNA, so that all may see what you truly are deep inside!"

Lydia raised her hand on high, and her light became immense. It became so bright that all the Troys began writhing in pain, frozen in their places. But that was not the amazing thing, as from all the hearts of those who believed came a single shining sphere of light. It was their hope made incarnate.

The spheres floated before their bearers for a brief moment, before they joined up with that who called them, Lydia. All the spheres of hope, even the enormous ones of both remaining Egyptian Gods, united into one glorious sphere of light. "IT'S TIME TO SHOW YOU THE LIGHT LERNA! FOR HOPE SPRINGS ETERNAL!"

A single burst of light emanated from her sphere, and it ran through like a shockwave. LERNA was the closest recipient, and the wave of light quite painfully peeled away the world bubble she had made, shattering it like glass and leaving only her highly damaged form behind. The Troys she had called forth as well as the ones still fighting evaporated into smoke, having been blighted from the world. But that was not enough, as the wave of pure hope utterly annihilated the ocean of despair whilst the wave of hope reached up to the sky. The dark clouds were forced into oblivion as the wave fought with the red sky. It heaved against it, but ultimately failed as the light shattered the red sky, leaving a pleasant blue sky with a few fluffy clouds overheard.

The dark ocean desperately tried to fill the void, but it failed as the light went for the same infinity as it did, until, the ocean was gone. In its place was a verdant meadow of infinite pretty flowers and lush green grass. The platforms everyone had been standing on shattered, but a light breeze slowly floated them down to the meadow below.

Tsunugai's Perception had tried valiantly, but it had shattered like glass as well. While the paladin was most likely okay, only god would know what the wave of hope was doing to Xansvita.

As Lydia reduced her light, she could see the contempt in LERNA's face. "Why some glum chum? Oh right, because this isn't your barrier anymore, this is my world now. And as far as I or the multiverse is concerned, you have no place in it. Any last words LERNA?"

What was happening. What was happening what was happening what was happening what was happening what was happening what was happening what was happening what was happening what was happening what was happening what was happening what was happening what was happening what was happening what was happening what was happening what was happening what was happening what was happening what was happening what was happening what was happening what was happening what was happening what was happening what was happening what was happening what was happening what was happening what was happening what was happening what was happening what was happening what was happening WHAT WAS HAPPENING WHAT WAS HAPPENING WHAT WAS HAPPENING WHAT WAS HAPPENING WHAT WAS HAPPENING WHAT WAS HAPPENING WHAT WAS HAPPENING WHAT WAS HAPPENING WHAT WAS HAPPENING TO HER PRECIOUS, PRECIOUS, PRECIOUS, PRECIOUS, PRECIOUS, PRECIOUS, PRECIOUS, PRECIOUS, PRECIOUS WORLD OF DESP-

Despite her greatest efforts, it was all over. All, all, all, all of it, over. How was this possible? HOW WAS THIS... possible? How was it possible?

Everything had been destroyed. Shattered. What was once a wonderful army of Troys were now gone. What was once wonderful dark clouds were now clear blue skies. What was once a beautiful ocean of raw negative emotions was now a disgustingly peaceful meadow. And most of all, what was once despair was now hope. It wasn't supposed to be possible. She had embodied despair, in its purest possible form, and yet she ended up being defeated anyway. Everything she understood about the multiverse and all of existence had been defied, all of her reasoning and logic, the very basis she used to comprehend entities, crushed into dust. How was this... how was this... how was this... how could it ever be possible?

The very world washing away at the unmoving body of the gigantic hydra, cleansing it of its corruption, everything that made up its being began to evaporate along with the many Troys. It was the only natural result. After all, in this reality of pure hope, there was no room for something like despair.

When all the excess negative energies had been shaved away, the only thing left was the core, the 'heart' that originally dictated the monster.

光ガリーナ

A tall, yet frail magical girl was standing alone amongst the grass, overlooking the radiant meadow with steel gauntlets but no weapon or shield to call her own, both having long since been disposed in favor of gigantic heads with powerful fangs and existential-analyzing powers. The girl's wavy blue hair was resting along a brown cape she wore, and had descended all the down a good length of her black, thigh-high boots until a light breeze came towards her, blowing her hair and cape to the left. Also being blown by the breeze was her red skirt, which was overlaid by a steel grey armoured corset. A sense of regret could be seen in her deep, aquamarine eyes, which gazed at the horizon that was lined by a vast, never-ending array of flowers and a sunny blue sky.

She had come here to contemplate on what the hell she was thinking by thoughtlessly encouraging Elison to become a Magical Girl, without taking into consideration of what that meant for her. When she became a magical girl, she had made the wish to protect her little sister forever. That was her reason for forging the contract. And even after everything that had happened, she continued to uphold that wish. She wanted to protected her little sister and ultimately carve a normal life for her again with the magical powers that she possessed.

That feeling was the only thing that kept her from falling into despair.

And by letting go of it, that was how the story of Galina Hikari was supposed to end.

~Sailor Stars - Violin Ver.~

"You..."

But here, as if someone had plucked a book out from the infinite possibilities of time and space simply to give it an epilogue, here she was.

Her look of contempt melted away into a melancholic expression as her legs buckled, letting the weak body collapse to her knees in front of the one who'd somehow bested her.

Maybe... maybe she was wrong after all. Unable to put up a mental wall of despair between herself and others anymore, all she could do now was accept this logic.

"Stupid magical girl." The girl remarked, even though she herself used to be one as well. "This is exactly why I tried to kill you. People like you always pull off the stupidest things."

The reason why she had let herself become LERNA, a monster that cursed all that it could, wasn't because of Kyubey at all, it wasn't because he had tricked her into becoming a magical girl in the first place. No matter what kind of magical girl she'd become, magical girls spreaded hope, and nothing would change that. It was actually because, as Lydia said, she had simply given up to the pressures of life. Because of it, she'd destroyed what little she had left and set about doing the same for others.

"Hey."

Watching Lydia blankly, a small smile began to grow on her face. Not a deranged one, of insanity or of sadism, but a sincere one. Deep inside what remained of her mind, she entertained the notion - was it possible, that had she not given up, she would be standing where that other girl was now? In a multiverse filled with alternate universes, time anomalies, and ever-unknown properties and factors, something like that was nearly impossible to tell.

"Do you think,"

Muttering this in a soft voice, her eyes started to close, almost as if she were getting sleepy.

"That somewhere, somehow, in some other life,"

Then again, considering that she'd been constantly awake wrecking havoc and plotting to spread despair for several years as the Witch of Infinite Possibilities, it was understandable.

"...we could've been friends?"

Having managed to finish her question, a small tear ran down her cheeks as her own existence finally caught up with her, and allowed herself to complete fall back down onto the grass, her arms held out as if to hug the sky. Her eyes staring up at the wondrous, magnificent pure sky, something she never thought she'd see again, they slowly started to close, and once they had, she felt more peaceful than she ever had in her entire life. She fell to sleep, and did not wake up.

Instead, her human body wilted into ash that were picked up by the breezes. Then by some miracle they turned into bright lilies and were carried off into the skies.

This is how the story of one of the greatest monsters known to the multiverse ends. And this is how the story of Galina Hikari ends.

But perhaps, sometime in the distant future, this would be how the story of a newborn girl, unrelated to either the monster nor the magical girl, begins.

V̵o̸͙ḭ́d ̙̤̗E͖̲̳̻͙m̩̝i͇͟y̶͖a̯

Having been wandering around the barrier of despair in search of sustenance, it looked as though most of the beings - while containing exorbitant amounts of energy - were too far to reach for the void warrior, and slightly too powerful to risk approaching. Just as it was contemplating what to do, whether to leave this realm while it had the chance or to join the fight in hopes of being able to feed upon these combatants, it was interrupted by three rockets falling out from the sky and exploding directly upon it. A critical hit.

"GIGIGIGIGIIGIGIIGIGIGI!!!"

Its upper left arm and entire lower body obliterated by the unexpected blast, the twisted creature was left in flames to writhe about just as it was about to hit the sea of despair below - only for the sea to be replaced by air, then grass. How odd. But that didn't change the fact that it was BURNING TO DEATH, the flames spreading up until they entered into its cranium and brain, and as it cried out inhumanly, these pathetic sounds died out as the entity itself ultimately gave way. And with it, the corrupted soul from within.

The Throne of Heroes in charge of regulating the omniverse was, suffice to say, displeased. A certain corrupted soul had returned to be purified and restored. It seemed the guardian they sent out ended up succumbing to corruption from the shadows before dying, failing in his task to prevent others from opening the Door of Origin. Enough energy already had been expended in order to provide transport into the Shadow Realm Prime and the Desert Seth, neither of which were simple tasks.

Were it an individual or an organization, it may have been in panic. But it was no such thing. It was a force transcending countless universes. All life subconsciously desire to survive, and as a result, the Throne formed as the embodiment of their endless combined wills. Hence, it concluded that the failure of EMIYA was due to the wrong type of hero being chosen.

While EMIYA, the Counter Guardian of Wrought Iron, had a strong sense of justice, he was unused to directing people into proper positions and disabling threats that could not be taken down in one-on-one battles. That was why a more powerful hero was required to be brought forth, one whom could both fight Isamy on an equal stance and correctly lead the the force that Emiya had assembled. The "contingency", who were deemed the 'Counter Corps', even if they were stubborn, difficult, or otherwise unseemingly.

The Throne of Heroes did not waste time in deliberating, selecting a far more suitable spirit from its Akashic Records. One that not only knew the previous leader, but also held a strong conviction to be involved in the ongoing events, which it deemed itself to have much experience with.

This new soul was summoned immediately. Replacing its predecessor as the next hero to save reality.

To serve as the Counter Guardian of War.

~ Manten - Fate/Zero ~

CM1Hkg9.jpg

A bright beam of light suddenly came out of nowhere within Lydia's world, not too far away from where LERNA had been defeated, and just as it connected with the grassy grounds, a new being materialized. Walking out of the light as if it were some kind of elevator, the beam then faded away, leaving this strange new person alone amongst the Counter Corps and the Divine.

In appearance, he wore a crown over his head, an elegant blue fur-lined cloak over plated armor that seemed to be combined with a robe or skirt at the lower end, and without a doubt, he held an aura of majesty despite his young and short appearance. This was especially due to the sheer power that he seemed to possess, his existence alone being too painful for any evildoer to look at. He emitted so much power that he could probably flatten mountains with hardly any effort at all.

The king observed his surroundings, the meadow and the multitudes of no-doubt stunned warriors from across the multiverse, his expression slightly confused at the peaceful landscape despite having being made to believe that he was supposed to arrive in a desolate realm of despair. But all thoughts of that disappeared as his gaze stopped in a certain direction.

Then, muttering an ancient Brythonic word under his breath, he gripped his sword tightly and swung it out; a concentrated gust of wind was unleashed, and from a distance Darcy found the orb violently yanked out of her grasp. But instead of falling down, the wind then retreated back into the sword, bringing the orb along with it all the way over to him until it was close enough for him to grasp with his free hand.

"For all the Counter Corps: Emiya has failed in his duties, and I have come to replace him. My name is Arthuria, former king of Britain. It is now my duty to lead you." He spoke out in a clear and charismatic, yet surprisingly high voice. "As for you, Divine, you may choose to either join us or stand your ground-"

"Can you not see that both sides are exhausted, 'Your Highness'? You cannot expect them to resume fighting against each other in such pitiful states." The familiar voice of Viligance replied nonchalantly, the animate suit of armor emerging out from a nearby portal of darkness. His sword was sheathed. "I propose a ceasefire, for now. LERNA has caused enough disruption between your Corps and my Divine, and both sides require rest in order to be back to full power. Do you accept?"

Arthuria raised an eyebrow, and then held up the artifact he was holding just in case the fully-armored knight had forgotten it. "Did you not want this?"

"At first." Viligance admitted. "However, Isamy has proven to be more competent than I expected, and found the Key on her own. You are welcome to try and stop us, but you will undoubtedly fail. Divine!" The last word spoken intensely, like a command, he had his gauntlet point towards the portal he had come through. "For all the Divine, and all those who wish to betray the Corps to be granted a part of the Door's power, come through here!"

Though the king obviously looked like he wanted to do something, his gaze turned to the warriors who were fresh out of battle with LERNA, and decided that it couldn't be helped.

"Counter Corps!" Arthuria called out, and with a swing of his sword, a portal of light materialized opposite the one of darkness. "Though I know I am not Emiya, I shall continue his work of aiding you all in saving the multiverse from the clutches of villains like the Divine! For all of you who served with him, and if there are any of you in the Divine that want to do the right thing, come through this portal!"

Then, with that, both knights turned around to return to their bases in what seemed to have just been the conduct of an unspoken rule of chivalry.

As before, the Divine would be returned to Isamy's castle, randomly scattered about it. Viligance would take the time to gauge how many members they gained and how many they lost later, but for certain, high casualties had been suffered by going to the Desert Seth.

But as for the Counter Corps, they would find themselves in a place very, very different from Unlimited Blade Works...

Arc 3

The Divine, Isamy's Castle

yZ0EvZT.jpg

She had found it. She had finally found its presence. It had the right frequency, the right shape, the right...Origin-ness.

The dark sorceress was sitting down upon an emerald throne, within an elegant European throne room, and those who entered would likely think that it was out of place compared to the traditional Japanese castle it had been built within. Needless to say, this construction had been enclosed in an artificially-generated pocket dimension with twenty-four sky trenches installed above it, and was mostly free from the distortions that were plaguing most of the multiverse, although it wouldn't last much longer. It had been twelve hours since the defeat of the Witch of Infinite Possibilities.

While it appeared as though she was doing nothing, sitting on a throne, she was actually conserving her energy as multitudes of avatars made from her being roamed the multiverse, continuing to collect more artifacts and search for more potential Divine members to join their group. Things were going well, and though she'd lost powerful entities such as Butlerok as BlackWarGreymon, they were replaced by others whom were just as powerful, just as useful.

"Would you like me to call the Divine here?" A noble voice asked from nearby. Turning to face him, it was Viligance, a magically-moving suit of armor whose only duty was to serve the current Maximus. Isamy shook her head in response.

"No. I've taken a long time to find it, and I've done so much damage already to the fabric of reality. I can't afford to mess up here." She replied calmly, with a smile. "Give me some time to pinpoint the exact dimensional coordinates. Let's allow our warriors just a little more time to themselves, since after retrieving a psychic recording of the battle from Wynn's brain, I can't help but admit that I'm extremely impressed with their performance against LERNA. They deserve it."

"So they will be on standby?"

"Yes. Perhaps call for them in about fifteen minutes. Now that the Key is within our grasp, I can't afford to make any mistakes."

"Very well."

The animate knight nodded before walking away, leaving his mistress to lie back down on her throne and resume using up her energy to maintain the avatars.

Counter Corps, Camelot

The Divine had it good. While the castle had very few bathrooms, the place itself was relaxed, regulated, clean, and self-regenerating, meaning that any and all damage inflicted upon the structure would repair itself given enough time. Overall, it was a relatively peaceful place.

The same could not be same for Camelot.

castle_ruins_by_sourshade-d9neox3.jpg

The once-magnificent kingdom of Camelot had now become a ghost town overridden by the forest, and even the stunning castle - equipped with anachronistic weaponry and equipment in the armory - that stood at the very center was not only invaded by nature, but quite chilly, lacking any heating whatsoever. A dragon occasionally flew by in the skies, but it seemed uninterested in whatever they did. The sky was murky and greyish, with an abundance of clouds that seemed to grow darker with every passing minute. Apart from the dragon, there were no signs of life.

That is, except for a king-like figure, currently standing by a balcony on the castle's highest floor, in deep thought as he inspected the orb obtained from the Desert Seth, attempting to unravel its secrets.

This world was his inner world, his personal reality marble, and for all those who had grown up on Earth, they would recognize his name and status. He was in fact Arthur Pendragon, the ancient King of Britain, and now the leader of the Counter Corps. Though he looked young, and with a thin enough face to even resemble a girl, the look in his eyes told that he was much older.

As most of them came fresh from the battle with LERNA, given a mere twelve hours to recuperate, there was little doubt in his eyes that they had been through a lot. With the darkness, all the Troys, the fear, and the hopelessness, it had been equivalent to a hellish warzone, and indeed they'd lost far more members in it. Now, they truly understood what was at stake here.

The Counter Guardian had taken the time earlier to search for new recruits for the Corps, as his predecessor did, but right now he was focused on the orb, the one he had taken the moment he'd been summoned. It was supposed to act as a sort of map to the Key of Origin, but he may need another ten minutes in order to figure it out...

Lost in thought, for now, he decided to let the Counter Corps prepare themselves, letting those from the last battle recover from that colossal warzone and prepare them for what was to come. Under him, there was no way that they were going to give up.

"You shall not win, Isamy." Arthuria muttered to himself, in a deep yet oddly feminine voice.

Inch of Will's Landing Site, Unlimited Blade Works:

The repaired Manta-class Light Cruiser was ready to fly once more, and not a moment too soon. The sun had set, and while Bradbury had activated the external lighting for his new crew, the entire realm was beginning to fall apart thanks to Emiya's corruption and demise. It seemed like Byrne, Tyranitar, and company were doomed to die in a void of collapsing matter when a shadow gathered them together, closing the doors and declaring loudly. "I have come with a message from the new Counter Guardian, and the new head of the Counter Corps! We are to go...here!" He raised his invitation, and the entire ship phased out of existence just as the Unlimited Blade Works did as well...

The Skies Above Camelot:

The shining burst of the invitation's acceptance would be the first thing that the new arrivals to the ruined castle would see as the Inch of Will emerged from the portal and drifted down towards the courtyard below. The survivors of the Unlimited Blade Works could see that not much was there of their savior. He was clad in a black cloak with faintly-glowing red designs across its length, and a hood that covered his face, but his Germanic accent was quite peculiar. Eventually, Bradbury was able to touch the ship down so it could be opened up once more, and the mysterious German stepped out of the ship to survey his surroundings.

Ancient Greece, Rome, 700 B.C.

The crowd roared with anticipation as their gladiator emerged from behind a large, creaking, bronze metal gate.  He was tall, at least seven feet, extremely muscular, and sported a golden helmet with Spartan colors.  He was also dead.  He stepped forward and fell to his knees.  His head, you could say, exploded shortly after he stepped into the piercing sun, and his helmet rolled to his side.  The body collapsed forward to reveal an extremely long chain glowing in hideous power.  It flared red and at it's end was a blade whirling backwards to it's owner.  It's hilt was grand but disturbing.  The head of a demon that was regurgitating the actual steel that had obliterated the warrior's head.  The crowd was silent, if only for a moment, and then erupted in cheers as they watched a giant stone hand come down upon the arena, and raise the remaining contestant into the air.

He was six feet tall, bald, and had the scars of a man who had seen more than his fair share of combat.  His physique was excellent and his fighting prowess excellent.  But this was but a dream for the God of War.  The stone hand lifted him into the sun which had suddenly vanished.  The hand was attached to the Titan of Earth, Gaia.  And her evil eyes pierced his soul.  They ripped and shredded his very fibers and caused him to become nauseous.  He began to spin.  Around and around he would spin, going faster and faster, wondering when it would end.  But when he awoke, this was nothing like Ancient Greece.

The Skies of Camelot, Just over the Castle

He had become a meteor and was plummeting at immense speeds towards the castle's roof.  He panicked and began to turn frantically trying to get his bearings.  Finally upright (albeit a bad idea) he remembered the Wings he took from that dam Icarus.  He would risk it, and try to slow his descent.  He spread the wings wide and had begun to slow, if only so much.  Unfortunately, his wings had begun to burn because of the heat surrounding him.  He would make a crash landing right in the middle of the throne room and cause a ruckus unless someone miraculously managed to stop him.

Camelot

Ed was one of the first to enter the portal created by the new Counter Guardian, appearing in one of the top floors of the castle. Good, thought Ed, as he wanted to be alone for a while. He wandered around for a bit, looking for a place to settle and mull over what happened. Ed finally found a balcony overlooking the forest and the innards of the castle. He hopped off the balcony and onto the battlements, being too lazy to find the actual way to them. He removed his sword and sheath from his waist and wedged himself between two battlements. Leaning his sword against shoulder, Ed looked out at the forest, with a faraway look in his eyes.

To start things off, Ed had made some new friends in the form of Sora, Nero, and Kenpachi and Yachiru, as well as reuniting with his old war buddy and friend, Lyon. Kenpachi and Yachiru were killed by an someone unusually powerful, leaving the bodies deformed. All that was left was Yachiru's head, which is now protected by an elven spell encased in ice floating safely in the void along with an unknown creature and a powerful ice user named Kiotsu. Kenpachi's body was a compressed ball of flesh that was taken by an anomaly of intersecting universes. Ed had nothing to return with to the Soul Society as he had died in the fight with Kiotsu. The only good thing that came out of that fight was an increase in power that he couldn't even use consciously. Upon fighting LERNA, Ed felt especially useless aside from the fact that he wasn't able to kill anything. Nothing he did mattered and he wasn't able to understand just about everything that happened. Ed sighed and turned his head to look at the courtyard of the castle.

Sora turned into a Familiar and he wasn't even able to confront it. And to top it all off, Ed had no idea what the hell happened to Lyon. He didn't see him at the conclusion of the battle, so it was safe to assume he was dead. What was he gonna tell Kate if he ever got back from all of this? All that was left of Team Kenpachi was him and Nero, and Ed didn't really know Nero all that well. He had no one to go to, no one to talk to. He was all alone in this war he no longer understood. Near the end of the battle, LERNA unleashed words of despair that shoved a splinter into his mind, letting his preexisting madness and despair to run wild in his mind. Yuki, a girl spawned from Thermopylae, gave hope to everyone, which brought his mind back to it's natural order, albeit more unstable than ever before. Ed remembered the ring Emiya gave everyone, but Ed thought it would be of no use. He closed his eyes and leaned his head back against the battlement.

Ed was a torn and battered man. He was a dead man living on foreign and borrowed time, his mind was splintered and unstable, he was weak and powerless in the face of battle, and he was guilty for being alive, for being one of the two surviving members of Team Kenpachi. He was broken and alone. Ed pulled out the strip of cloth he retrieved from Kenpachi's body before it was stolen. He replaced his headband with the piece of tattered white cloth, forever reminding him of the miseries of the past.

??? <Camelot>

"You do possess a certain amount of skill to be able to sneak up on me, entering my own realm without my noticing." Arthuria had turned around to face a man he had not seen before, he was briefed on the situation, but he did not have Emiya's memories. Emiya and the man now in front of Arthuria had met only once, but it was clear then and it was clear now, he was an independent seeker of the door.. "I do not wish to face you in combat, if you could allow me to hold the orb for just a moment..." Arthuria reached for his blade's handle whilst being sure to keep a tight grasp on the orb within his opposite hand.

"Pity..." He had gotten him again, the man was behind Arthuria once more. With a swing of his mighty blade he cut through air and only air, for the man had ducked Arthuria's swing. It was quick and it was fierce, the snatch that would give this man the map to the destination the Counter Corps had fought so hard to learn about. Arthuria wanted another swing at the man but he was gone yet again, on the other side of the room with a thin white light coating his body. It wasn't speed, it was something else that was giving this man his ability to seem to be anywhere. "Emiya's energy signature is no longer present, however, I suppose the race must continue with you and that woman of chaos." The man commented as Athuria was about to charge, but there was no need, as the orb was flying through the air and was now being caught by Arthuria's free hand. "Until next we meet, Counter Guardian." With that the man was gone, leaving Arthuria with more questions yet to be answered.

Plains of Hope

After the hell that they've all gone through, Alexander could finally breathe out a sigh of relief. "It's... finally over," he whispered softly, holding Izumi closely.

"... then, why does it feel like we've only come up short?" Umbris said as he approached.

Alexander did not know how best to answer the Umbra Panther's question, for even he wasn't sure how much he would like the answer.

"Still," Ratchet said as he hopped off of Giant Clank, who then returned to his normal size, "we won, right?"

"... not yet...."

"Ratchet!" Alister Azimuth called out as he zoomed in toward the young lombax on his hoverboots, a worried yet relieved look on his face. As he was just a few yards away, Azimuth disengaged his hoverboots, running the rest of the way over to Ratchet, who also approached him, until they both met together in an overjoyed hug.

Alexander could not help but to smile at the more proper reunion of Ratchet and Alister, but as he looked on, his smile steadily drooped down into a slight frown, for he knew there was a chance that this reunion would be short-lived. "Umbris... hold onto Itsu... I mean, Izumi, for me," Alex uttered as he passed off the still catatonic young woman over to the Neo-Spacian before getting up and approaching the other two lombaxes.

Releasing his hug for a moment, Alister looked into Ratchet's eyes, the eyes that were inherited from his father. "Are you alright?"

Ratchet gave a slight nod, clearing his throat from both the emotions welling up and from all the coughing he had been doing recently. "Yeah, I'm okay, it's just...," Ratchet said, pausing as he looked down, "... I... I don't know what to say...."

"Hold on for a second, Alexander," Alister spoke up, looking away from Ratchet to turn toward the other lombax, stopping him from speaking. "Just...." The General heaved a deep sigh as he gathered his thoughts on what to say next. "Look... I know what you're going to say, Alex... ... ... I would want nothing more than to join with you two, to fight alongside you and... to catch up on time lost...." As he spoke, Alister's mouth began to quiver, trying his best to contain his emotions, especially for what he was about to say next:

"... but I can't."

Ratchet's heart felt as if it had been suddenly trampled flat. He was momentarily struck numb, not moving even as Alister hesitantly stepped away. Ratchet wanted to shout out, beg Alister to reconsider, ask why he wouldn't change his mind.

It was Alexander who spoke for him. "But, why?" he began, trying his best to remain composed even though his patience with Alister was growing thin. "Alister... why can't you come with us? You don't belong with the Divine, Al. You're better than that--"

"Even so," Alister uttered out, his voice beginning to croak, "I can't... I can't just leave now...."

"What for? Alister, you're making a huge mistake by staying with them!"

"But I can't stop now. Not when I'm so close--"

"Are you even thinking about Ratchet?!"

Now Alexander was crossing a line. ""Thinking about Ratchet"?! Why do you think I'm doing this?!!" Alister snapped back, rage erupting from his eyes almost immediately. "I'm doing this so that Ratchet won't have to suffer, so that our race never had to suffer! I AM thinking of Ratchet--!!"

"Clearly not!!" Now it was Alexander's turn to be furious. "If you were thinking about Ratchet, you would not have hurt him the way you just did!!" Alex yelled, pointing at the younger lombax, still numb with shock, to emphasize his point. "You would choose to break his heart just so you can accomplish your goal?? A goal that could just as well undo the very fabric of reality?!! How is THAT considered "THINKING OF HIM"?!!!"

"STOP!!" The two elder lombaxes were caught off-guard by the tearful cry coming from Ratchet. The young lombax dropped to his knees, his heart aching and trembling, his breathing almost shallow. "Stop it, just...," Ratchet tearfully pleaded to the two arguing adults.

"... Ratchet--"

"Stay away, Alister," Alexander snapped coldly, shooting Azimuth a frigid, furious glare, stopping the Elder in his tracks. "You've done enough." When it was certain that Alister would not approach or protest, Alexander turned his gaze away from him to turn his attention toward Ratchet, who was now reduced to tears, the occasional cough shaking his body in place of a sob. As Alexander tried his best to console the crying Ratchet, Alister continued to back away, tears now welling in his eyes.

"I'm sorry... I'm so sorry...." Turning on his heel, Alister began to run toward the portal leading to the Divine's Castle, putting all of his energy into not turning around, to not look back.

"... there is still more that I must do... otherwise, I...."

Even as Ratchet called out for him, trying to get him to stop, Alister could not allow himself to answer his pleas.

"... Alexander... please, take care of him as I could not...."

Unable to hold back his own tears any longer, Alister activated his hoverboots once more, jetting the rest of the way toward the portal.

"... well, that was fun," Sayer remarked indifferently as he finished watching "As the Lombax Turns", giving a brief stretch to loosen his joints. "Time to get back to the grind, I suppose." With that, Sayer made his way back to the Divine's Castle.

Meanwhile, some of the crew, voluntary and otherwise, of the recently-evacuated Inch of Will entered the Barrier through Arthuria's portal, assisting those who hadn't the strength to move on their own in evacuating the area. A tow truck was even brought in to extract the Duelhog, whose fuel and energy had been depleted from the use of the "Little Doctor".

As this was going on, Rodin wandered over to a small flowerbed, where Jecht had knelt down next to the now lifeless body of Jeanne.

"Jeanne, Dies"

"... she looks so peaceful, doesn't she?" Jecht asked as he sensed Rodin approach, in a quiet tone that was truly foreign to someone as larger-than-life as Jecht. Indeed, Jeanne did appear to be in a peaceful sleep, hands folded over her midsection, her white hair spread out neatly, framing her still body.

"... Bayonetta's not gonna like this when she finds out...." Rodin uttered, kneeling down in order to retrieve Jeanne's body, only to be stopped by Jecht.

"Hey, buddy. Do me a favor... give the poor girl a proper Sending, will ya'?" jecht asked calmly.

Rodin couldn't help but give a sad, knowing chuckle. "A Sending, huh? If only Umbra Witches can truly experience that...." He didn't have the heart to tell Jecht outright that an Umbra Witch's soul was to be taken into the depths of Inferno upon her death, and that a Sending would be completely out of the question.

Jecht heaved a grunting sigh as he straightened himself out. "Welp, it's back to ol' dugout for me, then," he said as he started to make his way to the Divine's portal, but then stopped for a moment before turning back, going over to Rodin as he was carefully cradling Jeanne's corpse. "Hang on...." Reaching a hand up to Jeanne's face, he carefully brushed her hair to the side, finally showing her face in full view. His hand then hovered over to one of her hands, holding it up slowly to his mouth, planting a small kiss on the back of her hand. "... 'bye, Jeanne...." With a sad smile, Jecht finally left to return to the Divine's Castle....

Xansvita groaned in annoyance as the paladin had started lecturing him. While he couldn't blame Tsunugai for preferring to watch Xansvita suffer, he found it hard to be impressed by what the paladin had to say. "Of course we understand that you worthless humans find strength in hope!" Xansvita cried out, his five voices howling in anger. "That's why we long to see you all crushed beneath our boot. We wish to see you all live a life of endless misery, where no hope shall shine upon you! Anguish shall force you to stagnate, hatred will lead brother against brother!"

Xansvita jumped backwards, landing on his hands before pushing himself off against, dodging as Tsunugai called down pillars of flame until Xansvita finally stood up, holding up his right hand, holding off another fire pillar by shooting rounds of Firagun to push it back, but the Tsunugai was persistent with his words. "Cowardice? You may be brave, we'll give you that, but despair is just as powerful as your hope. No, it is stronger than your hope! Despair crushes your silly dreams of victory, reminding you of just how weak you are. You say that despair is the true non-existence, and we agree. That is we wish to spread despair. So that you can all wallow in regret, wondering what more you could have done to change your fate, only to find no answer."

However, much to Xansvita's shock, the inner realm of Tsunugai's mind had shattered, and Xansvita was once again within LERNA's Barrier. However, his shock soon turned to horror, as he could see the brilliant line created by Lydia spreading throughout the entirety of the Barrier. As they light spread to him, he could feel his skin burning, the light like poison to his very existence. "There is no choice," Xansvita said, holding his hand up, sliding within a Corridor of Darkness, avoiding what little of the light followed him in.

Unfortunately, Ra was still waiting for Xansvita in the realm of Betwixt and Between. The Egyptian God immediately reacted by calling upon a wave of lightning, but Xansvita merged into the shadows of his realm, avoiding the strikes. In spite of this, Tsunugai's words echoed in Xansvita's mind. Was he truly a coward for needing to go on the defensive? No, these were simply survival tactics. A mere necessity, if a rather disgusting one.

"Why do you hide, coward?" Ra demanded. "Returning here only guarantees your demise." Ra focused his lightning on the shadow, but the shadow split into four smaller shadows. Ra looked around, watching as the shadows began to crawl along the walls, before finally unleashed of circle of flames around him, only for new Unversed to appear before the shadows. Each of them looked as though they dressed in a dark purple cloak and wearing mortarboards.

All four of these Unversed - the Mimic Masters - summoned a book, which absorbed a portion of the flames. Closing their books, the forms of the Mimic Masters began to shift until they resembled dark blue silhouettes of Sora, Ventus, Roxas, and Xion. Opening their books, flames shot right back at Ra, but the Egyptian God only laughed. "You would dare use My own flames against Me?"

Xansvita's laugh echoed above Ra, the Familiar standing upside-down in the air above him. Four Iron Prisoner's appeared around him, facing Ra. "You have to admit, though, 'Your' flames do make for an excellent distraction!"

Ra roared, charging towards Xansvita, but the Iron Prisoners commanded a pure white cage to appear, large enough to contain the Egyptian God. Ra tried to turn into pure flames to phase through the cage, but a dark barrier kept Ra within.

Each of the Iron Prisoners evaporated into pure energy, flowing into the clones of Xansvita's former "others". Xansvita himself turned in the air, setting his feet at the top of the cage. "Isn't this just adorable? A big cage for a bird bird!"

"I am not a bird! I am a God, and you will learn to respect Me!"

Xansvita shook his head and sighed. "Why argue semantics now? At the very least, can we agree that 'You're' our prisoner?

"For now," Ra snarled. "But soon, you'll regret that."

"You seem to have a very different understanding of the word 'soon' than we are used to. Then again, we suppose that Gods such as 'Yourself' have a different concept of time that we simply do not understand. Now then, if you'll excuse me, I need to check in on my master."

Opening a Corridor of Darkness, Xansvita once again left the Winged Dragon of Ra behind while the four Unversed called forth their own flame swords, charging directly at the Egyptian God.

Xansvita arrived at a horrifying sight. The wondrous darkness of LERNA's Barrier had been replaced by a lush, green meadow. Even worse, he could no longer feel LERNA's presence. Although Xansvita was loathe to admit it, the almighty Witch of Infinite Possibilities was no more. Xansvita could feel hatred brewing inside of him, a burning desire to avenge his fallen master. He held his hand against where his heart should be, knowing that these feelings were of a despair born from hatred. However, the very idea of such a thing made Xansvita smiled. With LERNA gone, it meant that Xansvita had the responsibility of living up to legacy, to carry on her will.

Representatives of the two factions that had participated in LERNA's defeat seemed to have agreed to a temporary ceasefire, and were talking about returning to their bases, even offering other people to defect to another side.. Why the man from the Counter Corps didn't take the opportunity to just go into the portal that the living suit of armor from the Divine had made, that was anyone's guess. Nevertheless, Xansvita appeared next to Vigilance in an instant, placing an hand on his metallic shoulder. "We happily accept your invitation." Transforming into a stream of shadows, Xansvita shot straight into the portal, laughing as he considered how the Divine would react to the idea of working alongside LERNA's final Familiar.

Closing in on the Rooftops of the Castle of Camelot

As he got closer to the castle his presence pierced the air and caused a shrill whistle that could be heard near and far.  It was too late for his descent to be slowed any further now.  And anyone near the roof would surely be caught in the crash.  And what a crash it was.  The roof of the castle caved in immediately and several floors later at the foot of the King's throne, Kratos had left a crater in the ground three times his size.  Dizzy and confused, he slowly got to his feet, holding his head.  He stumbled a bit before landing back on his buttocks, still weary from his landing.  When he could finally see clearly he was surrounded by wounded soldiers who looked as though they wanted nothing to do with him.  "Where am I?" he asked finally, his throat dry and itchy.  His weapons were in tact, and they glowed with malice.

The last thing Kratos remembered was. . . .that dream.  No.  Nononono.  Before that.  Yes.  He was atop Mount Olympus.  And Zeus was. . . Zeus was dead?  That's right.  Athena showed up and for once in Kratos' miserable life he did the right thing.  Instead of giving hope away, he shared it with the world, before crawling to the Mountain's Edge in an attempt to at last be free from his misery.  But here he was in an unknown location, his wounds healed and his weapons in tact.  But what of his magic?  He lifted a palm and held it close to the ground.  A bright pulse of lightning briefly lit up his hand before fading away.  His magic was indeed fine.  So what was he doing here?  

His dizziness settling, he stood straight up at last without stumbling or tilting.  "What is this place?" he demanded.

Plains of Hope:

Yuki slowly woke up on a bed of flowers, sensing a nearby shadow getting closer and closer to her. Strangely, this approaching darkness, draped in magical darkness that seemed all too familiar, reached her, and, too weak to stop it, she watched as gloved hands descended to her...and picked her up, cradling her against his black cloak. Once more lacking clothes thanks to the Synchro Summon, she weakly grasped the cloak, trying to see her rescuer. However, he replied to her. "Rest, Geistkind." The stranger told her with a suave voice with a high-class German accent. "You have earned it."

Camelot:

Foster was happy the tow truck was there to bring the Duelhog back to the Inch of Will, because now, it, along with Foster's busted RIG, needed repairs. The onboard Ener-D reactor could be used to in conjunction with the ship's fabrication units to build the requisite parts, but it would take quite some time and effort, and that was just the RIG alone. The poor olive-green jeep had sustained some damage from its battle with the Jaws of Life, and the fuel cell probably needed to be replaced completely. Setting the fabricators to begin their manufacturing protocols, the weary soldier looked around. "Anyone know where a guy can get some rest around here?"

The enigmatic shadow-cloaked German walked back through the portal Arthuria had formed, and tried his best not to attract too much attention.

However, it was hard when you were a figure wrapped in black carrying a nude young woman who was literally on everyone's minds a short while ago.

Now that Alexander had the time to thoroughly examine Izumi, who was now unconscious from her ordeal, he could see that the former Familiar, from just above her wrist on her right arm along the outside of that arm to where the Wings Mark of the Dragon rested against her flawless skin along her outer right arm to the shoulder, and then across her chest to her neck and up to the existing crack where her eyes had revealed itself, had a massive fracture where many pieces of porcelain were flaking off. The substance Itsu had coated herself in and created a shell out of was virtually indestructible, and with parts of her exposed, testing that invulnerability wasn't an option. But, since the weakness in the shell already existed, what if force was applied to the area around the cracks, such as a crowbar hooking to the inside of the shell? Could she simply be pried and cracked open like a lobster, or was a more delicate option the route that should be taken to free her?

Camelot: Inside the castle

Clerano walks the halls of Camelot, his weapon floating at either side, the center of each part of his weapon even with his shoulder. A castle of such splendor, yet in such disrepair...such a thing had not been seen or heard of since the darkest days of his world. He's still having difficulty coming to terms with the events that had transpired immediately before his arrival.

Elrios: Location Unknown
     Gone...it was all gone. It was all their fault, the demons that had invaded before. It had to be. How else could the El Stone disappear so completely? A continent once at peace for the longest time, All of Elrios was in a great upheavel. Forests burned, the waters dried, the clouds evaporated from the sky, and the seas grew cold. Everywhere, life was dying off. Without the El Stone, the source of life for this world, everything would fall to ruin. Rumors told of an unused portal within the abyss that led to other realms, and so now here Clerano stood, at the edge of it all. There was nothing left for him here. His mother died during the demon invasions, and his few friends succumbed to illness shortly after the El Stone vanished without a trace. Clerano spread his arms wide and let himself fall forward, over the edge, and down...down...down into the deep abyss. He fell for several moments before he realized it, the fact that there was no portal. There was only an endless, bottomless darkness, and he had foolishly cast himself into it.
     Suddenly, a pain coursed through Clerano, his hands shooting up to clutch his head, and as the pain reached his peak. He saw something. It was his home, his mother, his friends, all alive and well. "What is...Is this what could have been?" The Abyss around him gave no answer, for it had none to give, but in that moment, something else DID answer. Instead of falling head first, Clerano now felt as though he was weightless, and facing the right way up. Before him there stood a man, a man that offered him a choice...and a chance.

Camelot Castle: The Courtyard

Clerano comes out of his thoughts and stops short. Not far from him is another person. Battered, torn, beaten, but still alive. He was the first person that Clerano had seen since coming here, save for the one that had brought him. Looking at the man, Clerano finds himself wondering just how many fights the man before him had already seen. Regardless of the answer one thing was for sure. The man standing before him looked like hell.

Ayame

The Ocean of Despair seemed to be fast disappearing, leaving instead only grass in it's wake, and with a clear sky above. Taking the chance even as the void creature that was once Emiya died, she drew into her the remaining fragments of Lyon's mind, removing them out of the ocean before it disappeared. As she landed, with the remains of Lyon's fragmented memories and his magic being absorbed and integrated into her mind and magical core respectively, she saw the ice-hewn and black ink dragon inscribed blade that the absorbed memories recognised as Lyon's sword. Picking it up, she examined the heft of the blade and the magic stored within, finding to her interest that the black flame magic it wielded came from the engravings on the sword and just powered by mana, rather than from Lyon's own magic. With her mind made up from that revelation, she carried the blade with her, returning her staff to it's usual resting place on her belt and just holding the sword as she walked to the Divine's portal.

Once through, she found herself in a room, with a bed on one side and a small desk holding a few simple swords on the other side. Smiling at that piece of good fortune, she removed one of the swords from their sheath, placing it carefully flat on the desk before using the sheath to hold her new sword and connect the sheath to her belt. As she expected to be called soon for Isamy to figure out just who and how many had betrayed the Corps for the Divine, Ayame simply sat down on the bed and started to meditate, sorting out all the fragmented memories from Lyon, as well as those from all the other beings that ended up being pulled along with the remnants as she did.

Darcy

As the orb was forcefully ripped away from her, Darcy flew directly at it, darting past the Counter Corps girl who had tried to chase her for it in the process. Unfortunately, before she could reach it, the Counter Guardian that seemed to be replacing their previous one managed to get a hold of it. To her shock and somewhat annoyance, she was within range to hear that Isamy had managed to retrieve the Key to the Doorway anyway, even without the Orb. As to that, she was of two thoughts of that, annoyance that managing to obtain the orb, even if she did then lose it, was a waste, and glad that their path seemed a lot closer to its destination than before anyway. Thinking on that, she followed Viligance through the portal, ending up back in the same room she had prior to that mission.

Sitting down on the bed, she quickly ran through some meditation of her own, reaching down to check the status of her own core. Annoyingly, it was considerably drained again, even more so than the first realm, mostly due to her attempt at channelling the Dragon's Flame as an attack and boosting it with her energy, rather than using it to boost the power of her own magic as she had prior to that. Focussing down onto the part of the Dragon's Flame that was currently still within her own body, she opened the connection to the part of it that was within Isamy's Vault and, in the same method as earlier, drained all but a tiny flicker of the Flame into her own body, using it to bolster her energy levels until she could find a chance to rest and recover her own power.

Isamy's Castle, Upper Levels

Silence is a beautiful thing.  It has so many uses, both practical and impractical.  And it means so much.  But this was how he liked it; so silent that it was disturbing to be in the same room with that man.  

He sat with his back to the door, Indian style in the middle of the room with his right arm extended, palm open.  Floating closely to his right hand was a sphere of pure white energy, and it playfully bobbed up and down matching the movement of his eyes.  He closed the palm of his hands and the whisp faded away into nothing once more.  The others whom he did not yet know had finally returned, and being a new recruit he wouldn't dare step out of line.  He had to keep himself under low profile for as long as possible.  With Isamy's sudden acquisition of him and her promises of, "rewriting your entire universe" he couldn't help but be intrigued.  She knew of him, but did she know everything?  After all, he was undead.  How could she possibly gather the needed information about someone who, technically, doesn't exist?  And yet he had been studying this entire realm from within this one room gathering information he shouldn't have had access to at anytime.  Silently he sat studying, his eyes fixated on the blank wall in front of him.  He could feel their presences and many of them were strong.  It was like the Great Ninja War all over again, but with clans and villages that had never existed before today.

Camelot Throne Room

Kratos turned around when he heard voices.  One was young and somewhat feminine, but belonged to a king.  The other belonged to a magical man.  He vanished and reappeared instantly, shocking Kratos with his movements.  The magical being dodged the King's blade and reappeared at the front of the Throne Room before disappearing once again.

"What magic is this?" he pondered aloud.  So many questions circled his brain but he had to keep calm.  This boy before him was very powerful, and he didn't want to disrupt that power if he could help it.  Since he had gotten no answer yet from those in the Throne Room, he drew his Blades of Chaos, and looked to the gaping ceiling.  Throwing them forwards he pulled himself upwards and shot to the roof to get a better view of the area.

Landing with a thud, someone else was already there.  Kratos said nothing as he took up a battlement opposite the gentleman on the roof and began to survey the area.  It was a lavish place, but it was also dying.  It reminded Kratos of Gaia's back.  Though full of life, it was in danger.  Finally Kratos decided to speak up and question the stranger since they were the only two there.  "You there," he called.  "What is this place?  I seem to be lost.  And I wouldn't mind leaving.  I have to save my people and I can't do it from here."  His back still to the opposing battlement, he remained gazing over the landscape.

In a realm far removed from that of the Divine and the Counter Corps.

A man sits in his chair and views the arrival of the new players, and those that survived the last battle. The expression on his face speaks of barely restrained boredom as he views the events playing out before him. How perfectly droll it all was. Given the current crisis, he had been quite right to keep his domain only loosely and indirectly connected with the realm that he had once inhabited. This man, a person named Shadronus Zeravo who had ascended far past the point of any mere mortal to attain the glory and power of being an Outer God, takes a deep breath and exhales it as an all too audible sigh. He was so very bored, and the events he saw unfolding at Camelot's Castle were doing nothing to help. In an attempt to ease his boredom, he turns his attention to the castle of the Divine. With any luck, something of interest would be happening there.

Camelot, Rooftop battlements overlooking courtyard

It wasn't long before Ed's sulking was disturbed. A hulking man appeared from the sky with a thud near him. Ed barely moved his head to look at the newcomer. "Shadows of the past, shades of Kenpachi, eh?" Ed mumbled under his breath. Speaking louder, Ed continued, "No, I don't mind a bit of company, just don't expect much from me. To answer your question, I have no idea what this place is, though I would assume it's the Reality Marble of our new leader. And just by being here, you're saving your people."

While Ed was giving the rundown, another newcomer appeared, though Ed didn't notice at first. After a bit of silence between the two, Ed finally noticed the young man with strange weapons hovering near him standing in the courtyard. "The recruits keep getting weirder and weirder."

The World of Hope

Butlerok literally sunk to the bottom of the sea of Despair he/they simply mourned the death of Dorian but the least they could do was actually watch this thing with LERNA actually play out. Butler sat stood and watched as LERNA herself was actually being overtaken with hope. It seemed that the magical girls he had so incidentally tried to kill while he was first getting used to Being a Kishin had somehow converted everything that was despair into some other kind of emotion. Hope. Butler himself was not foreign to this emotion. In his previous life as a bodyguard he knew how important hope was to the success of certain missions. Especially when dealing with someone like Dorian who had people gunning for his head all the time. Nevertheless  Butler was happy to see the Witch of Infinite Possibilities be shot down and it seemed that everything was reverting back to its original starting point. 

You see master, everything went well. Butler said to what might as well been the spirit of his floating in the air (aka nothingness).

Butler closed his eyes as he was ready to quietly float in this pool of happy emotions for all of eternity...Luckily he wasn't the only one who had an opinion in the matter. Ragnarok was definitely not ready to throw in the towel just yet. While the main body of Butlerok didn't have the energy to move, Ragnarok was going to use some of own power to actually get them out of this situation. Unfortunately Butler was a sleep at this moment and he didn't seem to care about life anymore. Ragnarok could see that something was happening up above and it looked like the fighting had stopped. So Ragnarok took on his black dragon form and literally swam himself out of the sea of hope dragging Butler along like a ragdoll. 

DON'T LEAVE YET WE'RE COOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMII...

Ragnarok was almost looking at Vigilance's back as the portal was about to close. It seemed as if they might have been the last member of the Divine to actually escape.....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Isamy's Castle

And once again Dorian was back. He barely remembered the place, as it seemed so long ago that he actually did begin his epic journey there. In actuality it had been a full year For Dorian since his death in LERNA's barrier. To simply survive in Hell he chose to forget a lot of the events and people he had to deal with and only highlighted the important parts. He remembered Isamy and her need for a door. He remembered Butler, Ragnarok, and all of his spirits that he lost. Not much other than that though in terms of the this journey. He looked around at the lavish castle as he hoped that would trigger some memories. Unfortunately nothing so special, but it was still a nice castle. He somehow made it back to his old room and he was hugging his old clothes till an annoying, demanding, and hyper aggressive voice came thundering behind him.

WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING!!!! This of course was his new boss Wyvern Radamanthys, one of the three Judges of Hell. Dorian could only hang his head in shame as the new the mammoth man would not be happy with whatever the answer was. We are here to retrieve the cloth for Lord Hades and that's it! There is no time for lolly gagging! Radamanthys said as he took off his helmet looking around at this lavish castle. Radamanthys was simply annoyed with the fact that he actually had to do this work. Each second here was a constant reminder of the ineptitude of the twins. He just wanted to get what he came for and go back home to prepare for another Holy war. Sir, do you honestly think you could beat Isamy? Dorian said humble yet defiant. Of course this defiance was met with a fist to the face that knocked him through a wall and out into the hall. Explain yourself worm! I admit for a normal human you've done good surviving in Hell, but nothing gives you the right to talk to me that way. Dorian picked himself up and wiped the blood from his mouth and stepped back inside to check on his clothes. He sighed because he knew this behavior was going to be the new norm. I'm just saying Isamy may seem timid, BUT she didn't flinch in the presence of the twins' real bodies. If I recall the twins can't even leave Hell without some fake human corpse around because no world could handle there presence. Yet should stood in front of you all and didn't flinch a muscle. Sounds like someone who is pretty sure of themselves to me. That is all I'm saying Sir. Radamanthys readied his fist again, the boy had used to many words, but then he thought about it. There may have been something advantageous to going along with this whole Door to Origin business anyway. Hmmm, interesting, I shall let you live for now. The tall man proceeded to turn away. Dorian looked confused. Unless the new Gold Saints once again figured out how to do the sealing move on specters there were only three entities in existence that could actually "kill" him, Hypnos, Thanatos, and Lord Hades. Of course there are things worse than death like going back to Hell so Dorian just counted his blessings and didn't say anything.

What Dorian couldn't have predicted is the funness that came from walking through one of the Divine portals. Out of nowhere the ripple that Vigilance had created and opened right in front of Radamanthys. ...IIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!The massive specter simply lifted an eyebrow as he was suddenly glomped by some weird black ink creature. Dorian turned around sharply to see an unconscious Butler and Ragnarok clinging to Radamanthys. Ragnarok simply scanned the area clearly tired from all of the effort he just exhausted but he actually noticed Dorian. Immmpossible...heh...I should have known you were to stubborn to die. The thing sunk right back into Butler's body and Dorian was already in tears of happiness. This was the first genuinely happy thing that had happened to him since death. Though he would be the only one seeing it that way. Radamanthys misunderstood what happened as some kind of atttack on his person meaning that he had to kill these creatures. I shall make sure they get quality suffering in Hell. Radamanthys said as he raised his fist and was about to strike down these two creatures. Dorian then tried to imprison Radamanthys in a cage of fire and the super specter looked at boys tears. Seriously? All the seriousness. Why this was intriguing. The spineless non-human waste did something noble and specter like. Dorian's respect level went from zero to one in Radamanthys eyes. These guys are pretty special to me so I would like it if you left them alone. And why should I care what you would like to happen? Odd though, they seem pretty much undamaged just horribly deprived of energy. Radamanthys spoke in a more peculiar and inquisitive tone. Radamanthys exhaled through his nose and literally blew away the flames. Dorian was naturally shocked and went into a more aggressive stance. Radamanthys then picked up Butlerok with one hand and started glowing purple. Then the same purple energy started surrounding Butlerok. Cosmos doesn't always have to be used for destructive purposes its just better when it is.

Dorian watched on as Butlerok was becoming less and less pale (well relatively pale anyway) and within seconds the former Butler now Kishin came to his feet. Butlerok opened his eyes and he could believe the first thing he saw was Dorian alive and well. In a weird uncharacteristic slip Butlerok ran and hugged the young master. At first it was just Butler then Ragnarok came out in his chibi form and also hugged the newest specter added to Hell's ranks. Master. LORD FANCY PANTS!! You're alive! Ummmm, kinda. Its better to say I'm on some kind of work release program. And this man here, the one that saved you both, is my supervisor Wyvern Radamanthys, The Celestial Fierce Star and one of the three Judges of Hell. Radamanthys just stood still with his eye twitching, all of this emotion for a low class worm was...weird and discomforting. Wait you actually went to Hell? There actually is a hell? Ragnarok and Butler asked respectively. Yes  and...ugh yes. Its a long story, but let's just say I'm going to need your a lot more now. I literally don't remember a lot. 

With his eyes rolled Radamanthys actually found himself not making eye contact with Butler. There was a disturbing aura around. It wasn't the intense suffering that he had gotten used to in Hell. It was something different. Insanity wrapped in tranquility. Just something altogether disconcerting. To think that the worm actually had someone like this under his command. Interesting. This was worth another respect point. I'm sure whatever information you both need to share can be shared with the group now can we leave here, I'm now actually intrigued by this place. The group decided that they could walk and talk and save some time on the next mission. Knowing Isamy they might not get much rest to prepare. 

Clerano raises an eyebrow. Weird? Him? Then again, someone who could seemingly defy gravity was a rarity where he's from, so it wouldn't surprise him that it's a rarity in other places as well. He drifts over and lands a few feet away from Ed, the gears on either side of him maintaining their position relative with his shoulders. "I think we've all reached the point where weirdness is common. My name's Clerano Arven.May I ask yours?" Clerano gestures towards Ed and the other man as he says this, unsure of either of them at the moment, but knowing that if they are there, they must be there for the same reason that he is, whatever that reason may happen to be.

|_)Shining Star Lydia(_|

Though powerful and near omnipotent right now, Lydia melted at the sight of LERNA... no, Galina. Her eyes gave off that warm and soft look of care, and understanding that only a friend could give. "That's the beauty of the multiverse Galina" she replied to the question.

As the lilies blew off on the winds of hope, there was only one thing left to say. "Somewhere out there, in a far off universe... we already are."

She sighed as the magic wore off, the threat averted and a major disaster gone. In a shower of golden sparkles she returned to her original size and attire, the duty done. And now she was falling softly on the breeze she had created, until her feet touched the soft meadow below. Normally now she would have celebrated, but, now just didn't feel like the time. When she adopted that great power, there was one tragic little memory still lodged in her mind. Those that were lost.

|_)Thdswk Rearkfkjfk JerIIIIIIIIIIIIII!!!!!!(_|

Back before all this occured, the Reaper was watching the fight with gusto. The despair vapours were like a sweet summer breeze in autumn, and it looked so hopeless for the others, until. The Reaper was forced to avert her eyes as that horrible light of hope filled the area. She couldn't even gaze upon it it was too bright. "IT'S TIME TO SHOW YOU THE LIGHT LERNA! FOR HOPE SPRINGS ETERNAL!"

What? Is? That?! The wave of pure hope was coming fast, and the Reaper, was, terrified. It hit her dead on, and she was flying with it. "AAAAHHHHHH$*w^%*w()w*%w(%&(w&(w*%(*w(*%(w!!!!" she cried as her form broke apart.

In a flash, the wave demolished straight through her, and wiped even the Chaos she returned to clean away. ADR-11 & ADR-12 would search for naught, for a mother no longer there. Thankfully, there human shells would protect them, but, without Mother, the ADR-10s were rendered inactive, as there was no longer a need to control their hosts.

And, from what used to be the Reaper, two masses escaped. They were a pair of eggs with a tan colouring and green spots who fell in freefall for a moment, before the new properties of the universe carried them on the wind, following a specific trail. Though Lucario mourned for his friends lost, the miracle of Hope brought those two Pokemon Eggs right back to him. They shook and shaked in his presence, their forms breaking.

Hatching from the eggs were a very perplexed Eevee & Bagon, who seemed very happy to see Lucario & Flygon.

|_)~Moe~ Scientist Frankram(_|

Eria's shaking didn't really help, as Frank had expended a lot of energy to protect the others from Obelisk. He had stayed that way during the entire events, and peacefully lay down in the pleasant meadow to recover in his catatonic state.

|_)Okama Queen Ivankov(_|

The despair had gotten to Ivankov quite a bit, and all her worst of the worst memories kept replaying until, a bright white just blew them away. Sitting on her knees, Ivankov stared up at the Shining Lydia, like an enormous golden goddess she were. And with a few careful words she blasted away despair, and brought sunlight to a hopeless and empty world.

And what a beautiful world it was, filled with hope and potential. Iva had to dab a tear away from her oversized eyes, and then faded aay back to Camelot with the others who would follow.

Camelot Castle Roof Top

" . . .just by being here, you're saving your people. . ." quite a statement.  "What do you mean by--" but before Kratos could answer, a more strange man appeared on the rooftops to join Kratos and the fellow comrade.  "My name's Clerano Arven.  May I ask yours?"  Kratos stopped at this, recalling his code.  " 'A warrior only gives his name before he kills or is killed.'  That was the Spartan code.  But I suppose I'm not in Sparta anymore," he said taking a step forward.  "I am Kratos.  Former God of War and bastard child to Zeus.  I trust that with your greeting you mean no foul intent."  Kratos stared Clerano Arven up and down observing his posture and nature.  His entire being was strange.  He floated like a winged hellspawn, but he had no clear flying abilities.  His weapons also floated, which Kratos assumed to be magic.  Were all of the inhabitants here as strange as Clerano?  Regardless, Kratos had to figure out what to do next.  He was not the patient type.  After all, he climbed through hell and back, literally.  There wasn't time to stand around.  

"Tell me.  Do either of you know where I may sharpen my blades and gather my strength.  I must prepare myself for the inevitable.  I am a warrior and I must fight," he said with urgency.  He leaned back against the battlement next to Ed and awaited a reply.

Lucario remained conscious long enough for the two eggs to hatch in front of him, happy tears falling down as he realized who the two young ones were. "Espeon... Salamence... welcome back...." This was all Lucario managed to utter before slipping into unconsciousness, his paw falling just short of petting Eevee's head....

... ... ... ... ... ...

When Lucario awoke, he found himself in the medical bay of the Inch of Will, being closely observed by a Nurse Joy, as well a muscular, humanoid male Audino wearing medical scrubs.

"Oh, thank goodness, you're awake!" Nurse Joy spoke, relieved that Lucario was finally conscious.

"Indeed," replied the Audino, the name "Raphael Valentine" visible on the badge pinned to his scrubs, "but he may not be completely out of the woods yet. We'll need to conduct a few more tests before we clear him--"

"Wait, what's happened...?" Lucario asked, coming closer to his senses as he started to look around frantically. "Wh-where is everyone? Eevee? Bagon?! Flygon!!"

"Calm down, Lucario," said Raphael urgently. "You could hurt yourself if you make anymore sudden movements."

Nurse Joy nodded in agreement. "And don't worry about the little ones, Lucario. They are currently being taken care of in the Nursery Ward right now. Rather strange, though," she added as she touched a finger to her chin. "They seem very aware of their surroundings, not like most freshly hatched newborns."

Lucario breathed a small sigh of relief upon hearing this, but his relief was almost instantly dashed by a sense of horror. "But, wait! What of Flygon? Is he... okay...?" Lucario's question drew out slowly as he got a closer look at Raphael's and Nurse Joy's somber expressions.

"... I'm so sorry, Lucario...," Nurse Joy tearfully responded. "We did all we could, but...."

"In addition to severe hypothermia," Raphael spoke, trying his best to keep a straight face, "Flygon had suffered several injuries, no doubt from the fight with the Witch LERNA and Arceus-knows-what-else. We attempted to resuscitate him at the Duelhog as you all were extracted from the Fields of Hope, but... ... time of death was roughly eleven hours ago...."

(

Lucario's heart felt as if it had been utterly shattered. Despite his best efforts... he could do nothing to save his friend. In spite of the fact that Tyranitar was still alive (having not joined in the battle at the Desert Seth and the Witch's Barrier) and Espeon and Salamence being reincarnated as their younger selves... Flygon, Feraligatr and Silver were still gone, and Lucario could do nothing to stop their deaths.

Lucario could do nothing more than mourn the loss of his friends, howling out in anguish as Nurse Joy and Raphael did their best to comfort him....

Elsewhere on the Inch of Will...

The wolfman, Samuel Hainz, joined Alexander and Umbris in studying Izumi's outer porcelain shell. trying to figure out the best way to remove it without harming the poor girl within.

"Hrrm... ... ah, yes! I fink I've got it!" Samuel exclaimed jovially, waggling an index finger.

"Really?" Alexander perked up as Samuel made his declaration. "How're we gonna break the shell?"

"Jedi Force Trick!" Samuel happily replied as he tapped the tip of his finger against the tip of his nose.

"... ... okay, I know you're just *EFF!*ing with us now," Umbris irritatedly blurted out. "C'mon, Sam, this isn't the time to play games!"

"Cor blimey, gov! I were just makin' a reference!" Samuel replied defensively. "Yeah, sure, I don't right 'ave Jedi powers, right, but I've got sumfink just as good: me Psychic ability," he said, tapping his forehead this time. "That, and a pretty good knowledge of certain Jedi powers and 'ow they're used. Basically, I'm bloody well gonna be utilizin' the shatterpoints in the chuffin' porcelain armor. Just a few, wee doses of kinetic force, and I can 'ave Miss Solace out of this fin' in no time!"

Umbris blink a few times, impressed by what Samuel just described. "Wow, Sam, I... Sorry, I take back what I said earlier. That actually sounds pretty amazing!"

"As long as it can get Izumi out of Thermopylae's shell, that's fine by me" Alexander spoke. "You sure it won't hurt her, though?"

"Don't worry yor wee 'ead, lombax," Sam replied confidently. "I'll be focusin' on the shell directly, and only that."

Alexander nodded, managing a small smile. "Thank you, Samuel."

The barrier had shattered, but he did what he could to ensure a message was sent to those who wish to spread the lies of despair on others who can change their fate...

The power from Richard had dispersed. All Tsunugai could see is a blinding light surrounding him. But it felt similar to the power he was exerting, but far more powerful altogether. When he could see again, he saw only a lush field of grass, something he hadn't seen in a while. But then he remembered his little victim, and the fact that he escaped. No matter. The time will come when he'll show no mercy. It was then that Richard entered Tsunugai's mind once more, but with something else in mind to bring up. You've done well with my power, so I'll just let you keep it for later purposes. said Richard nonchalantly. Tsunugai just chuckled and gave a small smile. His smile then went away as he sighed.

And now I must return to the Divine.

After all that you have said, after all you have fought for, you're going back to that thief?

Isamy? What are you talking about?

When I ascended into the unknown, I became knowledgeable of many universes, along with the intent of many individuals.

What are you getting at?

Isamy stole your pendant as a form of blackmail.

Tsunugai was speechless and had nothing to say for the moment. This whole time, he thought he was doing the right thing. He thought he could get his pendant back in remembrance of his allies, but have a new life where he can protect his parents once more. But now that he realized that Isamy came to him to mess with his head. Is it truly worth being a chooser of your own fate if the one who offered it merely forced it down your throat?

Now do you see what has been hidden from you for so long?

Tsunugai merely nodded, but he did have some questions.

We'll discuss more of what I have seen later. Right now, I need you to take my hand. We're getting what rightfully belongs to us. But know this: we won't be able to enter our separate universes again until Isamy is dealt with and the Key to the Door of Origin is in the hands of those who wish to return the multiverse to what it once was.

Tsunugai took Richard's hand, and into the unknown they ascended, disappearing from sight...

~~~

Isamy's Vault

The two warriors reappeared within Isamy's Vault unscathed. "Where are we?" asked Tsunugai. "This is the vault where our common enemy has the items of many universes. For all that we know is alive and fighting for either side, the missing item from their world will appear here." explained Richard. The Vault itself appeared to have no end, but it was filled very much so with items that are alien to the two warriors, or at least Tsunugai. "Search around. Our items will glow the moment we get close to them." The two then began to look around. Being sure not to touch many of the items there (As anything within the Vault could have unpredictable properties), the two searched frivolously for their unique items.

Some time later, Richard noticed a small shine in his right eye. Looking in the direction of it, he saw what he was looking for. A ten-thousand karat ruby. When he picked it up, it was as if the destructive properties that were slowly destroying his universe had come to a screeching halt, but would be left as is. "A ruby?" he asked. "The most valuable ruby in my universe. It's also the final failsafe towards the defenses of the Spire where I have my responsibilities. As far as I'm aware, my enemies have taken advantage of this, and my Lady-in-Command is doing something about it while I'm gone." he explained. Tsunugai was impressed. The fact that Richard is so high up in the ranks seems great. But then again, he's a Paladin, so he most likely has more to boast about.

It was then Tsunugai saw it. His pendant. He'd finally found it. But for some reason or another, he still couldn't open it. It was as if there was a magical lock on it. How he's be able to unlock it is beyond him. But regardless, he got what he needed to get. It was time to leave. "Okay, so where are we going to now?" "Because of the destruction of the previous Counter Guardian, a new one had taken his place. We are going to Camelot." Tsunugai's heart dropped. "Relax, for it is not the Camelot you know that is home to the Bastard King." Tsunugai sighed a sigh of relief with that. "Take my hand." Once more, Tsunugai took Richard's hand, and would now become part of the Counter Corps.

<RICHARD MASON HAS DEFECTED FROM THE DIVINE>

<TSUNUGAI TAMASHI HAS DEFECTED FROM THE DIVINE>

~~~

Camelot

Black clouds covered the smoke-filled sky. All that could be seen were consistent lightning bolts. After enough time passed, one gigantic thunder bolt appeared, crashing down on the balcony before Arturia and causing a flash of light to encompass the entire castle. When the blinding flash subsided, the clouds disappeared, and all that was seen by Arturia was Richard and Tsunugai, on their knees and swearing their allegiance to the Counter Corps. "We are here to serve the Counter Corps and put an end to the suffering of the multiverse." said Richard. "With our powers at your side, victory can be achieved, if you'll allow it." Hopefully, the new Counter Guardian will accept their offer to join the Counter Corps.

Of course, the more the merrier...

Archived