The Grand Crossover RP - Pathway to Origin [IC/PG-13/Moved to NCM for Finale]

Merci

Onboard the Inch of Will:

The person-sized container hissed open, the front panels parting to reveal a very elaborate red and black suit made of an exotic fabric, with spikes emerging from places, and topped by a black helmet with a yellow mark resembling Yusei Fudo's criminal mark, a symbol that Itsu was known for using as her personal insignia, along with the Signer Marks. From the back of the helmet, a flowing crimson mane went down to the armor's waist. However, a static-like field around the armor faded, and it sprang to life, slowly getting up, as if from a long sleep. "Where...When...are we?" The armor croaked in a voice suspiciously like Itsu's.

"Gentlemen..." Bradbury introduced. "This is the Theta-Eta-San-Lambda-Rho-Chi Armored Gestalt Containment Unit. Itsu referred to the gestalt entity within, made up of 6 A.I.s, as 'Teslarc'. Teslarc, this is Otto Skorzeny, Alexander Abernathy, and Samuel Hainz."

The smooth helmet looked to the people around them. "Why are we online again? I thought Iota-Psi sealed us away when she ascended beyond transhumanism." They look to Alexander, or at least seem to, since the faceplate doesn't show any face. "What happened while we were offline? What happened to Iota-Psi?"

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Camelot, Rooftop Battlements

"This is the second time I've given out my name in a very short amount of time. My name's Ed." As soon as he said that, Chandra disappeared, along with several people that were in the courtyard. Ed guessed they were all newcomers going to orientation by the new Counter Guardian. Oddly, Ed did feel a little dejected. He gave his name out twice and all the people he gave it to left. He knew Chandra would be back and Clerano wasn't that far off, but they left him alone to his own haunting thoughts. Chandra reappeared just as fast as she disappeared only to jump off the battlements all the same.

Ed turned to look at scenery once more, noticing a mountain that was there early was gone, before leaving with everyone else to go to the lobby. He hopped over the battlements before landing with a dull thud. Ed hung back, walking slower than the rest, as to avoid anymore confrontations.

Camelot Castle, Below the Battlements
Clerano notices Ed as he flies over and lands next to him, electing to walk the rest of the way. He stays silent for a few moments, seeming to gather his thoughts. There was a lot going through his mind, and not only about the coming mission. That things could back to how they used to be before they went so horribly wrong seemed like an unattainable dream, but the chance to attain the seemingly unattainable was too strong to ignore, and he knew that he wasn't the only one who felt that way. Coming out of his momentary reverie, he turned his head to look over at Ed as they continued walking towards the Courtyard. "I didn't see you at the gathering. How long have you been a part of the Counter Corps.?"

FLASHBACK!!: Isamy's Vault

Aesir had done many things to try and break the containment field surrounding Kuro no Tsurugi. He tried scratching it with one of his hidden blades. He tried crushing one of the black eggs he carried with him and scattered it at the area he scratched, to see if anything could get inside. He even fired a few bolts that were infused with his Esper. And yet none of it was working. Deciding the field itself was impenetrable, Aesir tried his hand at finding a possible key for the field until...

"What are you doing, here?" Aesir looked up as he heard this, only to see a familiar dark-skinned man, with a tattoo in the shape of a 'J' across his bare chest. This was Jecht, father of Tidus, and more powerful than most casuals could give him credit for. But Aesir knew better; he had sensed true power within this man, from the moment he locked eyes with him.

"These artifacts don't belong here," Aesir stated flatly, "They belong in their own universes,"

"Yeah, well, there's nothing y'can do about it," Jecht replied.

"I've gathered."

"So how do I know you're not actually one of them Counter Corps or something?"

"You don't. I've managed to fool Isamy into getting me this far, knowing that even if she were to be capable of mind reading, my Esper would render me immune."

Jecht was none too happy with that response; Aesir could see it in his eyes. He flexed the arm that had a single, steel gauntlet equipped, before withdrawing the sword on his back, and thrusting it in a manner that it was inches from Aesir's face. Aesir only gave a light smirk, which Jecht raised an eyebrow to.

"I dunno what you think you've accomplished, but you sure as hell won't get away with it," threatened Jecht, "I've access to some powerful allies on my side of the field; I've even got a guy who's near as makes no difference a god. And if any of them see you on the other side, they'll move in for the kill."

"I'd like to see them try," with that, Aesir pressed the button of a device he had found, and vanished from the vault altogether.

Camelot - Castle Lobby

Having nothing better to do, Sarah found herself taking a seat inside the lobby... followed closely by Aesir, who took a seat nearby. Both were just minding their own business when all of a sudden, Sarah had been thinking about the book, wondering if she could ever get it back.

"Hey," she said, getting Aesir's attention, "I know you're probably the wrong person to ask since you're new here, but... do ya think we can get the artifacts back?"

"In all honesty, I doubt it," Aesir replied after a heavy sigh, "I should know; I recently attempted to get one back myself,"

"I take it it failed?"

"Certainly. All the artifacts are surrounded by a barrier, which from my experience is beyond impenetrable. After I found out the hard way, I was... confronted."

'A Divine sheet-head, no doubt,' Sarah growled angrily as the thought crossed his mind, "Did you kick his ass?"

"I already achieved all I was ever going to while I was there; a fight would've been unnecessary as well as unwise," explained Aesir, "Besides, I sensed a powerful aura from the one that confronted me. He would've been too strong to suddenly engage in combat."

"Oh," Sarah sunk back down again, "Y'know, we were warned about a couple of guys on the Divine's side..."

Isamy's Castle - Training Room

Meanwhile, Jecht was a massive mess inside the training room. It all started with 8 dummies in armored suits, positioned in a way in which they'd surround Jecht. And then all hell broke loose. Jecht started by slashing the one facing him into pieces, before sending a bright blue beam behind himself, blowing up some of the others. His feet touched the wall, and, with a bright orange aura surrounding him, Jecht lunged straight for another live dummy with an outstretched gauntlet. As he snatched the dummy by the scruff of the neck, Jecht spun around and tossed the dummy into another one with all his might, also blowing them up. Jecht landed on his feet and other hand as the aura dispersed around him, only to see that a total of two dummies were standing amongst the chaos.

Summoning a gargantuan rock just above his hands, Jecht jumped up high with the rock in tow, before slamming the rock down on the last two dummies like a giant meteor, which undoubtedly crushed the two dummies into nothingness, as well as a few that were already broken to begin with. Jecht puffed and panted as he stopped attacking the dummies; it was good to vent out the frustration that he had, but it was tiring all the same. He was just about to pick up the pieces when...

"COME TO THE THRONE ROOM RIGHT NOW, AND FAST! WE'RE HEADING OUT IN ONE MINUTE!"

'Jeez Isamy, not so loud next time, huh?' as this came across his mind, Jecht stepped out of the training room and trudged down the hallway.

The young man addressed himself as a Keyblade Master Nero. Arthur was impressed, even though Nero looked to be a couple years younger than him. Suddenly, Nero had disarmed Arthur, taking his Keyblade, and although Arthur could easily take his Keyblade back, since there was no way Nero could prevent him from simply recalling it, Arthur listened to what he had to say. When he was finished, he returned Arthur's Keyblade to its owner. Arthur looked over his Keyblade again, telling him "You have an interesting philosophy." However, in a flash, Arthur had grabbed the hand in which Nero held his Keyblade, while holding his own Keyblade against Nero's throat. "So you're saying we should charge right into death, just like that?"

Arthur looked into Nero's eyes, pressing the Keyblade closer against Nero's throat, before finally stepping back. "Can't say I agree with you on that. I'll happily fight if need be, but I don't see why I can't be afraid of death. If anything, I'd rather be scared of death than just be mindless killing machine who will fight whenever someone points him in the right direction. I'll be afraid of dying if I damn well please, alright? I'd rather fight so I don't die. If I have to fight, I'll fight so I can keep living. Simple as that." He turned to face the pillar of light, heading towards it, but taking one last look at Nero before continuing onwards. "Or does that still count as running away to you?"

Isamy's Castle, Throne Room

At last the pieces were falling into place.  Madara was recording the presence and existence of each being he passed and came across as he entered the throne room.  There, at the throne itself, Isamy sat.  How dull and dreary.  She commanded this entire army, and yet she sat.  What use is strength if you do not exercise it?  He made his way over to the throne, and took a dishonest knee before his queen.  As long as he was putting up this act, he might as well do it to he fullest.  He said nothing, and kept his head low.  Surely her Majesty would give Madara her orders and go into full detail about where they were going, what they were after, and what to expect.  Though he already knew most of this, he had to remain ignorant to better gather the information he did need, and seal the fate of each and every unwary Divine member inside the castle.  Madara could feel the tension in the air.  He had already sewn the seeds of mistrust, and they began to flower as Madara showed his undying loyalty Isamy.  It was now a brief matter of time before she either scolded him for his bold behavior, or applauded him for his allegiance.  Regardless, either action would draw the divine away from him.  And when he later assisted them, they would see misjudgment, and carry a new torch for the ninja.  He would doctor their wounds, defend them when they were surrounded, and provide cover for those in need.

For now.

Camelot Castle, Lobby

Kratos stepped over the broken wall he himself had created and stood silently at the back of the throne room.  So far, besides the furry one and the quiet one, Kratos trusted no one else.  He was now ill prepared, and his strength would be cut in half for the next two days.  Regardless, he had to prove his worth.  While his Spartan Rage magic was rebuilding, his inner rage was still at it's maximum capacity.  The trick to controlling his rage, was always being angry.*

The remaining Counter Corps arrived in droves, and together they were about to venture into the battlefields.  Whether they liked it or not. 

Syke Huageras : ???

Many times Sykes could have interrupted this Madara, many times he had been wrong, many times Sykes had to think what he would have done if he was an angrier and more unruly man. It was the only thing he could do to pass the time as Madara stole every iota of air in the room to make his speech that had no effect on Sykes's mentality whatsoever. He merely waited for the man to finish and said nothing as he went back to Isamy's castle. Sykes turned to Ophelia, he supposed she thought he would have attacked the man, but that would have been something foolish. There were only three of them, really, to eliminate a third of the power so soon would not be wise. Sykes turned from Ophelia. "Do well to remember, that underestimation is the primary cause of a powerful beings defeat." Sykes warned, and then disappeared in his own manner to tend to other matters.

Nero

Nero smirked, he admired the attitude of the newest keyblade warrior. "I'm just saying, don't let your fear of death keep your from fighting to your fullest. It's perfectly fine to fear death as long as that fear doesn't get in the way." Nero started walking towards Arthur, both slowly making their way toward Camelot Castle. "Don't think just because I have a low tolerance for fearing death that I'm some kind of killing machine. I don't fear death because I've done it before, but as a Keyblade Master of Light, I don't take the act of taking life from someone lightly. If you want to master your keyblade and fight for light, then that'll be that. I believe Sora gave you that keyblade for a reason, and if I can further his intentions, then I will with all my might." Nero said, as a final tribute to Sora's will. Nero could only wait for Arthur's reply as they both walked toward the lobby.

Isamy's Throne Room

And like that the magical traitor himself reared his long hopefully soon to be severed off head. Radamanthys smiled as his prey was definitely a bold creature that dared showed his face in front people who would suspect him of high treason. Naturally this was some kind of insult. Either Madara simply forgot that Radamanthys, Dorian, and Butlerok watched him disappear into the portal to nowhere, which in and of itself is a kind of insult, or Madara did not see the group as a threat. Either way Radamanthys was going to make sure this particular thing was going to spend an eternity atoning for these highest of sins.

But that would have to wait surely. It seemed like the villains of the Multiverse were starting to all make it to the Throne Room. Radamanthys looked around at all of the strange and new faces different being from different worlds. It was very interesting indeed. Butler and Ragnarok thought were busy pointing out "people" they knew to Dorian to see if it could jog any of his memories. Unfortunately, Dorian didn't even try to get to know his teammates even when he was alive, so there is no reason for him to remember any of them. But this new Dorian was a lot more humble, he didn't intend to be as stand-offish as he was originally. Being in hell one tends to enjoy the company of others that aren't torturing you. Like they say misery loves company. 

After a while team decided that it would be best to actually think about the whole Madara issue. While it seemed the grand leader somehow decided to treat it as nothing more than...well anything. All three of these characters know that some people are not to be trusted. Maybe Isamy hasn't been around the villains enough to know exactly how villainous a villain can be. Or maybe she is so confident in her own prowess that she actually doesn't care about what Madara may be plotting. Either way he lack of response was a tad disheartening. At a whispering tone Dorian thought it would be best if he contributed his first two cents on the issue. So if what Ragnarok told me was true then Isamy actually found this Door to Origin place. If that's correct then we're headed there now. No matter what we have to make a beeline directly to the door and that means no engaging the enemy unless we absolutely have to. Butler, Ragnarok, and Radamanthys all nodded at this plan...which made Dorian very nervous. Why did Radamanthys not beat him for talking and giving plans like he was in charge? Why would he agree to not fighting? What does the judge actually have in mind?

Actually Radamanthys thought process was pretty simple. If the group makes a run for the goal no matter where it is that man-thing will either have to pursue chase OR let whoever is pulling his strings get involved. Confrontation was unavoidable it was just who was going to be on the receiving end of this beating.

Camelot Castle, Lobby

Blaze lands and steps through the wall after Kratos, standing a few feet off to the side of him. He stays silent for a few moments, then does a half-turn to face Kratos. "There are not many who could topple a mountain in a single blow, or cool molten rock. What is your name?" Blaze was curious about the Spartan Warrior standing a few feet away from him. He had not seen his like before, and wondered just what kind of man he was.

Shadronus Domain

Shadronus, bored as usual, notes that the Divine have been summoned by Isamy. He summons another screen with and sees that the same thing is happening for the Counter Corps. So...things are about to be set in motion once again. Shadronus stands, the screens moving away and growing larger, the chair he is sitting in vanishing as he moves away from it. He stands in the middle of the room, several smaller screens appearing and hovering close by, the position of the screens staying the same relative distance to his position. While the larger screen shows the overall meeting areas for both groups, the smaller screens shows each person, the data on each person in another, smaller screen that is attached to the screen showing a display of each person. Paying the smaller screens no mind, Shadronus instead elects to focus on the two larger screens, for the moment, waiting to see what will happen next in each location.

Camelot Castle, Lobby

Kratos knew he would eventually, now or later, have to use his rage solely as hostility for those who sought to leave other universes in ruin.  Though this machine proved difficult to him, the heat that it produced from it's feet could prove to be an invaluable resource to all of the Counter Corps later (especially Kratos).  Finally opening up, as the machine did a half-turn towards him, Kratos was willing to speak.  

"My name is Kratos.  A cursed name given to me by my bastard father and whore of a mother.  And if you'd really like to know, I almost ruined this place in the process of removing that mountain.  What with the sudden eruption," he said with a glare to the machine, as he folded his arms and placed one leg behind him onto a stone column.  "If I hadn't hesitated, I could've simply removed the mountain in one swing.  But I hesitated, and did not use my full potential.  Now it has cost me two days," he said finally.

"Though with someone of your destructive power, I doubt those who oppose us will stand the same chance that mountain did.  So what manner of machine are you?  You use fire much like those of Hades' army, but you are powered like the magic of the Sisters of Fate and Hephaestus."  Kratos could not deny his curiosity for long.  Though he knew this place was far from his home, he had to get a better understanding of his allies in order to cooperate with them to the best of everyone's abilities.  Then he began to think.  This Counter Corp team.  They were much like his brothers, the Spartans.  Though they had differences, though they fought amongst each other, they fought for the sake of the good of others.  They were just, and powerful.  Perhaps he had rushed not to be judged by others, but by himself.  Perhaps working with these people and things.  Perhaps, he could draw strength and build his rage against their enemies, and not each other.  He smiled slyly, thinking to himself about how much this machine reminded him of Hephaestus.  

Isamy's Throne Room

There.  They had entered the room, those who first came across Madara.  One of the Judges of Hell, Radamanthys, it proclaimed to be.  It's allies stood with him.  But Madara knew this simply by reading their pulses.  Oddly enough, their pulses were in perfect harmony.  "They must be very close," he thought to himself.  How cute.  Then their breathing patterns changed to that of malice.  Yes, Madara could sense the disgust within them.  The hatred they spewed in his honor.  It was wonderful.  They were as strong as they were hateful.  There was no fear in their hearts, but there was confusion among one of them.  His did not quiver, but it wandered.  Perhaps Madara could use this to further his advantage.  He mentally marked this note, and began to focus only on Dorian's pulse.  Whatever they were discussing, it made the man nervous.  This would be an interesting turn of events.

Camelot Castle, Lobby
"My name is Blaze Firasta, a name I chose for myself. I don't have the luxury of a past, beyond my wretched imprisonment for 85 years as I was experimented on and augmented. When I finally escaped, it was to a new world, already thick with war. I joined that war and fought in it for 12 years before arriving here. As to magic...I can't say I know anything about that. In this form, everything about me is technological in nature, though I don't pretend to know what kind of enhancement I received before escaping my prison." Blaze's expression goes sour as he remembers his time trapped in Shadronus's Domain. It lightens as he remembers his wartime years fighting against Mavericks, but not by much. He takes a deep breath, lets it out slowly, then grimaces to himself as he remembers what it was that he wanted to do, but wasn't able to due to having it interrupted. "Geez I need a bath. You know, that eruption? It was a controlled one, borne of years of practice and training during my imprisonment. Creating carefully controlled and directed shockwaves allows a sleeping volcano to erupt, and if you hadn't stopped me, I would have created a wall and trench around the mountain in very short time. I've done it numerous times before, and I don't simply stomp on a mountain like some uncaring giant that's ignorant of the lives of others."

Shadronus's Domain

Shadronus's attention is momentarily drawn to a conversation between Blaze and Kratos, and for the first time in what seems like an eternity, but in actuality has only been half a century. Shadronus is, at first, unable to discern what kind of emotion he is feeling, but soon recognizes it as regret. Yes...he had not been a very gracious host when Blaze had come to him, having happened across his realm by pure chance. It was only after he had come out of his madness and discovered the secret to stabilizing his body, and ascending to Godhood, that Blaze had finally managed to escape, and only because Shadronus no longer cared to chase after his creations by then. At the time, he had only been sorry that it had cost him another of his creations, though the feeling had been greatly diminished by the knowledge that he had several of that kind of machine in his domain, and that it was not difficult for him to replicate it. Perhaps he should have been concerned of more than that.

Isamy's Throne Room

Oh Lord in Hell! Did he just look at us? This is what Dorian screamed inside his head. The original Dorian wouldn't have even entertained the notion of another creature condescending to him like this. Of course that Dorian was also not as strong as this one. Bennu Dorian had the strength (and painfully enough the experience) to know what truly stronger people looked like. No longer did he need to have someone show off overtly powerful moves to prove there dominance not just the mere whisper from someone of Madara's caliber was enough to get him on edge. Dorian realized that the long haired dude didn't actually look at him as it was he became aware of their presence. Odd things Cosmos allows one to do. But that didn't help at all. Dorian realized that his wavering uncertainty was going to be a hindrance to the mission. Nevertheless it was still there.

Fortunately Dorian was the only with this mindset. Radamanthys could only smile wider and wider as the vile "man's" existence was still a thing. His face was simply begging for Madara to do something. It was simply a predators smile looking at its prey. His aura was starting to become visible and quite the issue as he was subconsciously entering his attack stance for one of Gliding attacks. See for Radamanthys who is in charge of an army he never had to hold back. In fact the twins were so nonchalant about how Hell was operated that one could say the three judges were actually in charge. Needless to say holding back wasn't something that he ever got used to when not dealing with Lord Hades. 

Luckily a hand was put on his shoulder and whoever this was caught the most wicked glare. Luckily it was simply Butlerok who was already in battle mode. The master bodyguard hitman was ready to take things seriously. The team had a logical sounding plan and they were going to achieve it. We have no time to lose our cool. Lady Isamy is about to tell us the details of this leg of the journey and we shall not be the ones to get distracted. Butlerok's piercing glare set Radamanthys back on track and it even firmed up Dorian's resolve...a tad. Nevertheless the group stood still and waited for what Isamy had to say. Hopefully this wouldn't turn into the same thing that happened in Desert Seth, where some super powerful entity was waiting on the other side. The combinations that  they had pulled out weren't going to be repeated this time. Of course they could try something else if the situation called for it. 

Camelot Castle, Lobby

Controlled eruption?  Was that even possible?  Mind you, Kratos understood control chaos, but this was. . .somewhat different.  He'd obviously made a mistake, worrying too much for the sake of others not understanding the machine's intent.

"Well it's clear now that you meant no harm to this place.  I however, was overcome with the same evil that caused my father to kill his own.  Fear.  I was sure this place would be covered in ash if I had not removed that mountain.  Obviously, I was wrong," he said as he leaned completely against the wall now, closing his eyes.  A machine that has more than a mindless 'set to kill' programming.  It was the first Kratos had ever encountered.  The others were. .  .well, he was uncertain of them.  Out of all of these beings in one room, Kratos did not expect to understand the workings of a machine before he understood the mind of any of these men.  It was strange, but oddly enough he was okay with it.  And to say this machine was imprisoned.  He knew what that was like.  Before he killed the gods.  Before he had slain the entire army of Hades, Kratos was trapped under the fingers of Zeus, like a rat under a man's foot.  But we all prevail somehow, some way, or another.  Now they stood waiting.  Not long from now, unbeknownst to Kratos, he would be pulled inside another magical vortex that would take him to one of the last battle fields he would ever know.  And he would have to weigh every life that he encountered.  Carefully.

Isamy's Throne Room

Two ticks.  His heartbeat skipped twice, before being set back into tone by his allies.  And the one who's name Madara did know, this Radamanthys.  He was reckless.  Lord of Hell.  Madara's Lord of Hell was known all to well from his own universe.  It was a subject he had actually controlled.  After all, the gates of life and death. . .  .no time to think that even with hundreds of locks on his mind that no one could read it.  He had to maintain his disgusting existence that they hated so much.  After crossing that threshold. . . his mind strayed again as a smile crossed his face.  A sinister aura tickled Madara's back, and reminded him so much of Sasuke's own.  Though it was vile, it's power was balanced on presence alone.  Without the locks in place on Madara's own mind, there would be no presence to tickle him.  He simply forced himself to quiver.  Only seeing Madara's back, perhaps he had convinced the Judge that he feared him.  The quiver was more of a laughing shake, but Madara couldn't help himself from thinking very end of his mind, that this team who were concerned with him so much, would be the first through that door.  He had a choice, and standing among the divine was the decision he made.  With Ophelia and--despite his displeasure--Sykes waiting in the wings, he only had to remain patient.

"Good, good.  Continue your reverberations of emotion.  Disgust.  Hatred.  Spite.  Those who cross the threshold first will be the first to witness this Perfect trap."  It was already settled.  Shortly after they crossed onto the other side, he would unlock every barrier, remove every hold, and let nothing hold him back.  For a moment, he was so focused on his own intent, that he let slip a lock in his mind, and seeped his presence into the active world, causing the ceiling around the throne to cave and it's base to shatter and sink, if only for a moment.  He quickly regained his composure and locked his mind again instantly.

Camelot, Lobby

Not before, Ed was sucked back into social convention, but at least it was someone he had already became acquainted with. "A gathering, eh? So that's where most of you people disappeared to. As for how long I've been here...I've been here since the very beginning. I was acquainted with Emiya, the former Counter Guardian and leader of the Counter Corps. I was fascinated with his abilities and he taught me a few things, even offered to teach me, but as you can see, he's not here anymore. I've seen many good people come and go, including a close friend from the world I'm from. I knew what I had to do was difficult, but I didn't imagine it would this kind of difficult. I never thought I'd get close to so many people only to have them go. I hastily threw myself into a war I didn't even understand nor was I prepared for. Technically speaking, I should be dead." Ed slid his hand over his face and through his hair after his little tangent. "Sorry for that. It's just...it's just been hard, you know."

Camelot Throne Room

Clerano nods as Ed speaks. He is all too familiar with the evils of war, and the inevitability of lost comrades. Those who are able to keep most of the comrades they make in war are the fortunate ones, and those who are able to keep all of their comrades are fortunate beyond comparison. Sadly, being so fortunate seems an impossible dream, now matter how petty or grand the squabbles between countries, realms, worlds. Not matter how great or small, it was always the same. Even so, there was always a bright spot in the darkness, no matter how small, and Clerano always strove to find it. "Those that died in this conflict knew what they were signing on for. They, like you, may not have known the full portents of what awaited, but they did what they knew had to be done. I do not think that they would wish to sacrifice themselves so that others could live, only to have one of their comrades allow himself to become so strongly affected by it that they fall short in a crucial moment, and follow after them before his time."

Clerano knew that it was presumptuous of him to speak in such a manner to a person who had been around for longer than he had, and clearly knew more about the situation than he did. However, he also felt that there were times when a person could use a gentle reminder that, though comrades may be lost, they certainly would not be forgotten, nor would they forget those that survived, or want them to follow after before their time. With this in mind, Clerano comes to a full stop, turning to face Ed. "Let's do your fallen comrades proud by surviving to the end and telling their stories, shall we? In that way, they, like us, may continue to live on through their stories and legends far after they or we have passed on."

Camelot Castle, Lobby

Blaze shrugged Kratos finished speaking. "It was a small thing, and though you were lacking in information, that does not mean that your actions would have been wrong under different circumstances. Fear is not the enemy. It makes us aware that something is wrong, draws our attention to that fact so that we are aware of it. The measure of a man isn't whether or not he feels fear, but whether or not he has the courage to face that fear, and the will to hone it into a tool that can be used." Blaze raises a hand to place on Kratos's shoulder to at once let him know that there is no grudge held, and that he is not alone in this. "Shall we join the others? It would not do well, I think, to miss something by lingering apart from them, even if in the same room."

Darcy

As the Divine gathered, one of them walked right in and knelt before Isamy, as if to openly show his loyalty. Having been here early enough to hear Dorian's report, and seeing the discomfort Dorian's group was showing to the guy who was kneeling in front of Isamy, Darcy could hazard a guess that was the Madara he spoke of. Interesting, you'll be one to watch carefully then. I don't want to get caught off guard in case they're right about you. Without moving, Darcy swept her gaze across the room, watching the rest of Divine slowly enter as she awaited the information about the next realm they were to travel to.

Chandra

Noticing Ed walk in accompanied by someone else, Chandra moved across to join them again, hearing what Ed had said about being here from the first battle and his lost allies. "Stories are a good way to remember those who fought with you and those you lost in battle." Looking across at the two of them, Chandra smiled before continuing with, "Even so, new allies and friends will emerge over time, and while remembering those you fought with isn't a bad thing, it's better to look forward to the future than dwell on the past. In any case, it seems its almost time for the next battle to begin." With that her smile grew wider, looking forward to the upcoming fight.

Isamy's Castle, Throne Room

Another joined the Divine in the Throne room.  The first female Madara had come across since he had met Ophelia.  This one was completely human, and she was unsure about her feelings towards Madara.  Or, so said her breathing.  It was interesting to see the diversity of the Divine a they plagued the Throne Room.  Now he simply had to decide who to antagonize first.  His focus shifted back to Dorian.  His pulse fluctuated and his breathing told different stories.  But the Judge.  His structure was even more strange.  Not because it was not human, but because it was calm.  Madara let his thoughts drift away, attempting to clear his head.  He decided that, instead of blankly analyzing his allies from a distance, he would simply read their surroundings, and get a closer look once they had crossed onto the next realm.  

Camelot Castle, Lobby

A hand to the shoulder.  It had more emotion than most others Kratos had come across.  This machine.  Blaze.  It was odd to befriend it, but it was for the best.  Kratos nodded in response,  while no change in his mood was visible.  He overheard conversation coming from just outside of the lobby and peered out of the lobby entrance to see the gentleman he came across on the rooftops, Ed.  He was with two others, only one of which Kratos recognized.  This man, who's name he did not recall, but whose weapons Kratos did remember, was comforting Ed.  Then it occurred to Kratos just how young Ed was compared to himself.  "I wonder how much war he has seen before this?  Without experience, his mind will break."  But Kratos didn't know what experience Ed had.  He would find out of course, but only after Arthuria finally spoke.  The female who accompanied Ed was clad in armor and a plated skirt.  She wore odd glasses on her head that Kratos did not understand, but she carried herself with the pride of a seasoned warrior.  She, Kratos was certain of, was not poorly experienced.  She would do well out in battle, and perhaps was the best candidate to partner with Ed, aside from Kratos.  Kratos walked Blaze over to the three approaching the throne room, and stood firmly in front of them.  He was never good with greetings, so he began to yell.

"I AM THE GOD OF WAR!  I WILL MAKE YOU SUF--, ehem.  My name is Kratos," he said sticking a hand out towards any of the three who would accept it.  He had already met Ed, but it was only the polite thing to do.  "If you'll have me, I'd like to make right, all of my wrongs.  Including that last bit."

Alexander Abernathy, on the Inch of Will

""Iota Psi"...? ... oh, right, you mean Itsu...," Alexander uttered.  His heart grew heavy, dreading having to retell of how Itsu had succumb to despair and become Thermopylae.   "Where... do I even start...?"

With some help from Umbris, as well as Russell Oxford and the other Duel Monsters from Alex's Deck, the lombax informed Teslarc of what had transpired in the Witch's Barrier.  By the time they had finished the retelling, Alexander was very close to tears....

Sayer, Isamy's Castle

"Hmm... ... a very tempting offer, Vigilance," Sayer replied, his voice oddly having dropped its usual smug undertone, "but I, too, have a few targets that need to be dealt with as well.  Besides, going on this next mission sounds far more entertaining than assisting in your assassination attempt. But, of course," Sayer added with a slightly bored tone, "when you are ready to make the jump, give me a buzz, and I'll have my R.O.D.s take you to Camelot."  With that, Sayer exited his own room, still keeping a R.O.D. focused on Vigilance as he made his way into the Throne Room.

Ratchet and Clank, Camelot Castle

"... yup, just as I remember," Ratchet sighed out as he heard Kratos' sudden outburst from across the room.  "... I wonder how Jak and Sly are doing...?" he added in an aside to himself, reminded suddenly of the green-haired, long-eared young man with the orange "weasel", and the humanoid raccoon thief.  What had become of them during all of this chaos?

In the midst of his thoughts and reminiscing, Ratchet had not noticed that he had begun walking forward, only being snapped out of it as he bumped into Kratos from the left.  "... gyah! Ah, s-sorry, Kratos!"  Ratchet blurted out as he began to apologize profusely.

Camelot Castle

Kratos felt a thud again his side, and turned down to see the furry talking cat once more.  "Ratchet, was it?" he said examining the Lombax.  His memory still hazy, Kratos tried to recall where he knew the Lombax from, but he was still having clouded visions of blood and lightning bolts.  Zeus was still plaguing his mind even in death.  Coming to his senses, Kratos nodded at Ratchet, accepting his apology.  "A simple mistake, my friend."  Unfortunately, because Kratos was so poor with casual conversation, his face remained frozen in rage.  He did not blink or breathe too heavily.  And if you looked into his eyes, you probably saw your reflection, except it was being brutally murdered by a bald man covered in ashes, screaming at the top of his lungs, "I WILL MAKE YOU SUFFER!"

"I trust we'll all be doing battle together.  What do you five make of a joint effort?  Teams if you will.  First one to decapitate their opponents and return with the head on a hand made pike is the victor?"

Chandra

As she walked forward to take the handshake, some little furry humanoid bumped into Kratos. Ratchet, that's what he said it's name was, before turning to the group as a whole and requesting them to work together as a team. "I have no problems with working with you guys as a group, so long as burning is an allowed substitution for decapitation. Being a pyromancer and all I don't actually have any bladed weapons to use for decapitation. My name is Chandra by the way, Chandra Nalaar." Moving forward, she took the still offered hand for a handshake, before moving back next to Ed, on the opposite side of where Clerano was standing.

Viligance

The suit of armor watched as Sayer left without a question or complaint, and once he was gone, Viligance turned towards the sole remaining R.O.D with a very slight aura of amusement being emanated out from his figure. Had the man truly not remembered? Or had he simply chosen to ignore it, believing it to be impossible? Whatever the case, it mattered not. Isamy had discovered the Key as expected, and things were finally beginning to progress after millenniums of stagnation.

"Once the Divine have left, I will go. Wait for my word." He commanded the eye.

Isamy

"U...huh. I appreciate your report, but maybe you think too ill of Madara? Not everyone in the Divine is inclined to reveal their life stories after all." That was Isamy's only response to what Dorian - if it was Dorian, since she'd been surprised to come across him again after his presumed death at the hands of LERNA - perceived to be a very serious issue. Knowing that he would most likely want a better explanation than this, she sighed and decided to go on.

"And as for the whole female and being taken through a portal thing, that would probably be Ophelia. She's a Reyvateil, a mere experiment of my father's, and I gave her access to the castle so that she could refine my trajectory of the Key of Origin." The immortal sorceress explained with a shrug. "I hardly know anything about her, but  wouldn't be surprised if her pathetic state compelled her to play pranks on my Divine. And last of all, if there was really some sort of betrayal going on, then explain," she gestured towards Madara, who had just entered the throne room, "why he's here right now?"

Leaving it at that, she decided to wait a little longer for the rest of the Divine to come, and while she did, the shinobi had gone up and knelt to her. His loyal allegiance was admirable, and she felt lucky to have come across such a strong warrior. Although, judging by the way he'd looked at her, he seemed to not be aware of the reason she had to sit in the throne practically all the time. She didn't like that. She didn't like being given that kind of look, especially from a zombie that was far inferior to her status as an Omni.

Of course, now that she no longer needed her avatars to search for the Key of Origin, she had no more use for them. She no longer needed to conserve her energy in order to maintain control over several different avatars scattered across time and space. It was time to clarify her status once and for all.

Isamy stood up and let out a deep breath, recalling back all avatars and letting them be reabsorbed back into her body. She didn't even notice as the ceiling above her collapsed, as it was obliterated within the surge of darkness energy that was flowing into her. She could feel her power returning to its original, intended state.

"There." She said in satisfaction, and though her outer appearance hadn't changed, the sheer amount of power she radiated was insurmountable. Once it was done, she turned towards the Divine. "Now then, my fellow Divine, I'd best inform you all of what awaits. Let's make this quick."

Arthuria - (being very medieval, the throne room is a bit small)

"We shall be heading to a place called the Sphere Forest of the Periphery." Arthuria began explaining in a cool, collected voice, letting his feminine voice ring throughout the lobby. "Or at least, that would be the approximation in English, since the original word is written in Faerie and sounds like 'Foraoise Réimse an Imeall'."

"It is a very difficult world to find, since it's in the form of a tiny rogue planet that travels about the galaxy without letting itself be caught by the sun's gravity, its magic resisting solar winds. And tiny really does mean tiny, so much it would just a few hours to walk around. Its size is made up by its extraordinarily dense core which provides Earth-like gravity and an atmosphere, with protons and electrons locked together simultaneously into superpositions..."

As the Counter Guardian started to go into details, he realized that many of the less astronomically-aware members of the Counter Corps who came from simpler times were getting more and more confused with this.

"To put it simply, it's a round, forest world that borrows light from the suns of other worlds. We'll have roughly two hours before it overheats." He summarized, and then went on. "This 'planet', if you could even call it that, is where..."

"...where the Key of Origin resides. You could say the forest is its safehaven." Isamy told the Divine, and then sighed for some reason. "Admittedly, I don't know what sort of monsters await there, but if I had to guess, there'd probably be some idiotic ghost bound to the Key in whatever form it has, acting as a guardian. I can deal with that myself."

She casually smashed the back of her scythe into the floor for emphasis to show off her power, causing it to shake and forming a crater. All the broken sections of the throne room were noticeably pulling themselves back together via a magic-based self-repairing spell, but it was a gradual process that would take another few minutes to repair all the damage.

"Truth be told, I have no reason to bring any of you along, except for the sake of having warriors bare witness to my penultimate success. Be honored to be able to accompany the Herald of Chaos and Entropy!"

<!!ISAMY MAXIMUS HAS JOINED THE DIVINE!!>

Wait, what? Frowning suddenly, the so-called herald didn't seem to be pleased by something, by the phrasing of a certain problem that didn't seem to exist in that timespace. She flicked her finger into the air in order to fix this something, whatever it was.

<!!THE DIVINE HAS JOINED ISAMY MAXIMUS!!>

Much better. She nodded to herself before continuing with her speech.

"For you Divine, your only job will be to fight and distract the Counter Corps, since I have a feeling that they'll be there as well. Keep them occupied until I find the Key's location. And just in case there are any other enemies, you'll all be given a spell that will allow you to bend any creature you encounter to your control through willpower - however, the stronger or smarter it is, the harder it will become."

Then, as if to conclude her speech, she whipped up a swirling dark vortex by her with a swoop of her scythe.

It wasn't like Isamy didn't care about the Divine, or about what awaited them. Why, it was possible that they would end up entering a vacuum, thereby killing the whole lot. But no matter what happened, no matter what tragedy might transpire, it would be fixable. As an Omni, it simply wouldn't threaten her. As long as she obtained the Key of Origin, nothing else mattered. Before the Door, all things were irrelevant, because all things could be rewritten and changed, be it time or space, life or death, or anything else.

That was why she could afford to do this - to hurl unsuspecting warriors into the depths of the unknown, like she hurled countless universes into the depths of oblivion.

With this in mind, she faced the team.

"Once you enter through that portal, you will not return here again. Only two things will happen: Either you stay alive long enough to accompany me on the Pathway to Origin, and gain a part of the Door's powers as promised, OR you die in the process. If you really want that power so desperately, then let your own abilities guide you."

A smile formed on her face, a creepy one that contrasted against her otherwise cute and innocent look.

"Be sure not to die, my Divine."

"Records show that the Counter Corps had a hard time of organizing themselves in the Desert Seth. Hold out your hands." The former king stated, once he had concluded with his explanation of the forest.

With this in mind, he waved her hand towards the warriors standing before him, and what appeared to be ruby-like marble stones materialized into them.

"These Counter-stones will serve as our main way of communication when separated. If you need to contact someone, say the recipient's name and tap it once, allowing you to convey your voice to them, and it's possible to do this with multiple people at the same time. Tap it twice to cut off the connection. But keep in mind not to lose or damage the stone, since in an unknown area like the Sphere Forest, it is difficult to say what could happen."

Thrusting both of his arms forward, space within the castle lobby began to bend as a bright portal was slowly being created, widening itself so that it would be enough for everyone. The air around them grew thicker, and then, as if remembering something, the blue knight looked over his shoulder to face the entire team.

"This isn't just a mission. This is a war. I can't guarantee that everyone here will make it back alive...but because you all chose to stay, I can do nothing but believe in your conviction to do what's right. Thank you. For everything."

Then she turned back towards the portal.

"There's nothing left for us to do. Onwards, Counter Corps!"

Ophelia

The Reyvateil opened her eyes. She was floating all by herself within a large, sphere-shaped room in which gravity did not seem to exist and in which the walls were composed of primary adamantium, a near-indestructible metal mostly known for composing the overall structure of Wolverine.

Within the protection of this place cut off from the outside, she waited to see how her partners would deal with the oncoming teams before proceeding onwards with her own plans.

"They're coming." The cybernetic girl muttered in a tone of amusement.

Isamy's Throne Room

Dorian smirked as he was right on the money this looked like it would be the final stretch. Funny how death didn't even stop him from seeing this to the end. One would think that it was destiny. Also Isamy did mention the identity of this mystery woman known as Ophelia. It was interesting to say the least that someone would simply just have access to the castle like that. Surely this was more disconcerting than any news he may have had. Nevertheless the plan was simple. Go find the Door of Origins first and bo-guard the living Hell out of it. Once more it looked like Isamy herself was actually going to join the fight. At that point this didn't become a contest as it simply was one sided slaughter-fest. Unfortunately there was still this Madara character to think about. Surely someone of this caliber was strong enough to know that Isamy was derp levels above the rest of the combatants. There must be some kind of trap for her once she crossed the other side. 

This made everything a lot more clear to Team Dorian. They now had to run interference. As quickly as the portal opened those three shot through like bullets trying to ensure that they were the first ones on the other side.

Camelot Castle

Ed never expected to get such positive feedback from Clerano and Chandra, two people he hardly knew. "Yes, I'd like that very much. Stories of the fallen are the best legacies." They finally entered the lobby where Kratos was waiting to meet them. He brought with him a friend, and stuck his hand for a shake, but not before some loud outbursts, with one directed at a furry creature, that caused Ed to jump. "Ah, Kratos, good to see you again." Ed accepted his hand. "As for teams, that's a great idea. I was think about it myself actually. I was on a team once before this." Ed realized too late what he had just said. No, Ed thought, we went over this, no more thinking about the past.

"As for the decapitation, you can go right ahead, I'll be just fine without ripping any heads of bodies." But Chandra was obviously a lot more excited about decapitation than Ed was. While they were talking, Arthuria began her explanation about their mission. She gave them all red stones for communication since organization outside of teams was difficult for the Counter Corps. "Alright then, to the forest planet we go."

Blaze is having to work very hard to keep himself from laughing at Kratos's random outburst. As he shook Kratos's hand, the topic turned to the formation of a team, and the number of severed heads to be acquired. Blaze grinned with the bearing and ferocity of a seasoned warrior at the mention of battle. "I'm afraid you guys are going to have to make do with ashes, for the ones that I finish." Blaze Flares momentarily, his battle aura momentarily rising before being brought to heel once more. "Let our enemies perish by our raging fists and burning souls." Blaze takes his communication stone and places it in a compartment in the center of his chest plate, where the middle of the sternum would be. The chest plate seals shut, keeping the communication stone safe from harm and ready to use at any time. When the portal is opened and the order to move out is given, he goes into it, keeping pace with the other four of his team.

Clerano readily agreed to the formation of a team. Fighting in a group was always the best idea, as he discovered back on his home world. "I'll handle ranged fighting and support. There are some spells I know that can prolong our fighting capability and renew our stamina and energies." As Arthuria hands out the stones, he puts his in a compartment at the center of the back of one of his gears, making sure that it is safely stowed and the gear seamlessly sealed shut once more. He then walks with the others through the portal that lead to their first team mission, and his first mission as a member of the Counter Corps.

fwlo2o.jpg

Predaking refused to acknowledge the spartan, as Arthuria started speaking about the Counter Corps' destination. Hearing the knight speak of a Planet made the transformer a lot more comfortable than the current setting. The space they were currently in was crammed enough for one of Predaking's size at any rate. He could not help but look down on those who did not understand the basic principles of the laws binding the universe.

The armored leader proceeded to hand over a strange stone over to each of the gathered, calling them Counter stones. "I am left to wonder as to why you would choose such arcane and complicated method as this, rather than simple intercoms. That said, taking a look at this place... such a primitive means is not all that surprising. And I used to be a fossil."

Soon enough however, it seemed as though reality started shifting around those present. "A Space Bridge...? But this place completely lacks the equipment! What is more, our destination is a moving target! Your foolish demeanor will snuff us all!"

The predacon was panicking. He took one heavy step towards Arthuria and aggressively shook his fist at him. "Moreover, did you not say we were inside your mind? Teleporting while linked to a being like this is insane! Please, for all of our sakes, do not go on with this madness."

Archived