Fakemon Central

bury the year

Rinne, as for your fire dog starter, how about Embark? A combination of ember and bark. The typing is kinda strange though with it being a secondary Ghost-type in its later evolutions. I would've gone with Fire / Dark.

This is what I had posted concerning the name.

Also, does anyone have any thoughts on the Pokemons I've made?

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is what I had posted concerning the name.

Also, does anyone have any thoughts on the Pokemons I've made?

Woops, must've missed it again.

I'd make it Fire/Dark, but I feel that Houndour/Houndoom already fills that design niche, and I want to take this starter in a slightly different direction. I do like Embark, though.

Has the idea of creating a community based region ever been tossed around here? If not, I think it would be a fun thing to do. It would obviously take some time and some dedicated members but it would be really cool if we could pull it off.

[hr]

Also, been working on the grass starter for my region, and I decided that it was going to be unicorn based, but I wanted to get your guys' opinion on the final evolution. First off, do you like the name Floracorn(Flora + Unicorn) or Floraquin(Flora + Equine) better? And then there is the design. Would it be better to stick true to unicorn mythology and just keep it land restricted or should the final evolution have wings, thus becoming a pegasus? 

I kind of tried to do that but the interest was very low. Like people voted but nobody seemed keen on submitting designs :/
We could use the group in an attempt to try again ofc :)

I think it would be neat if it grew wings and became a pegasus tbh. Pegascinth perhaps for name? (pegasus + hyacinth)

I kind of tried to do that but the interest was very low. Like people voted but nobody seemed keen on submitting designs :/
We could use the group in an attempt to try again ofc :)

I think it would be neat if it grew wings and became a pegasus tbh. Pegascinth perhaps for name? (pegasus + hyacinth)

So what if I made its third evolution a unicorn and its mega evolution a pegasus, perhaps gaining the ability levitate(or a self made ability that does about the same thing), because I am probably going to make it Grass/Fairy type

As for the region thing, I think it would be fun to do, the problem would be the same people winning over and over again with each submission. 

I've started to work on my grass starter, I think it is coming along nicely. My scanner is screwing up right now, so until then I will have to cope with this

2e21pqb.jpg

2nsm99t.jpg

I got kinda lazy in the second evolution, so the coloring isn't too great(not that I am good at coloring anyway), but all in all I am fairly pleased with it. I have decided to go with Floraquin for the final evolution and then have it Mega Evolve into a Pegasus, gaining a custom ability that renders ground type attacks useless as well as possibly getting rid of all accumulated entry hazards and field effects(ex. Rain, Hail, Trick Room, Haze). 

I'd be up for a community-based region. I have some ideas kicking around and it'd be nice to jointly flesh them out. It'd be fun to combine your pegasid Grass starter and my cerberus Fire starter and move into that Greek-themed region that was booted around earlier.

I would love to get a community-based region going, and a greek themed region is a great idea. Not that it is required, but is anyone around here good at spriting that we could employ to turn even the crummiest of drawn art(i.e. mine) into something that we can actually use. If not, it isn't like that is too big of deal, but I feel like it would get more people involved

That would be freaking amazing! So it looks like this is a go for us, we just need to decide a few things. Chief among them is how we are going to get the community involved and how we are going to set up voting and what not. The two obvious options to me is to either have them vote in this thread, through a poll or what not OR we can set up a thread entirely dedicated to creating this region. That would mean that we allow anyone to give us suggestions and ideas then do voting through a poll on that thread. 

I think the simplest, and best, option is to just have the members of this club vote of what content gets accepted or not for the new region. I mean, that is why they join: to have discussions and contribute to Fakemon. Allowing people who aren't part of the club to contribute their ideas wouldn't be very practical considering the biggest reason may be that they have no interest at all in the subject.

I think the simplest, and best, option is to just have the members of this club vote of what content gets accepted or not for the new region. I mean, that is why they join: to have discussions and contribute to Fakemon. Allowing people who aren't part of the club to contribute their ideas wouldn't be very practical considering the biggest reason may be that they have no interest at all in the subject.

So are you saying a community region but only involving members of this club? That sounds reasonable. May very well get us a few new members, lol. 

Well what do you mean by community-based region? As in the entire YCM community (and by this I mean the ones who are interested) contributing to create this region? I'd always assumed you mean the members of this club all working to create a region with its own fakemons, gym leaders, elite four, villain team(s), etc.

Well yeah, what I had originally thought was that we would put different aspects of the region up for people to vote on. Now this would mean not only Fakemon, but also towns and details about gym leaders and evil team motive. I am following the progress of one now called the Omnis Region that even goes so far to hold voting to decide on a Fakemon's typing and ability if something is widely disagreed. Literally everything about the region is decided by the community. But, if we want to just do it so that it is just a club thing only, I can completely get behind that as well. 

I'd be up for a community-based region. I have some ideas kicking around and it'd be nice to jointly flesh them out. It'd be fun to combine your pegasid Grass starter and my cerberus Fire starter and move into that Greek-themed region that was booted around earlier.

Sweet! I already have some Pokemon I already made plus some Titan God Pokemon like my now completed Sun Pokemon.

Name: Heligriff (From Helios/Helius and Hippogriff.)
Species:The Sun Pokémon.
Typing: Fire/Psychic.
Abilities: Drought-Forewarn. Flame body (hidden.)
Gender Ratio: M:100/F:0.
Egg Groups: Monster/Flying.
Steps/Cycles: 31620/124.
Evolution Line: None.
Leveling rate: Slow.
Base friendship: 15.
Ht / Wt: 9'06 (2.9m)/1989.1lbs (902.2kg.)
Pokédex color: Yellow.
Body style: Quadruped body.
Appearance: A yellow 4 legged bird with 2 pairs of wings that look like they're made of fire. Its' fore looks like Entei's legs but with black, stone-like bird feet, with 3 front toes and 1 back toe, while its' hind legs looks like a horses' hind legs but with black feet that looks like a mix between horses' hoof and birds foot, with 2 front toes and 1 back toe, to replace the hoofs. On each of its shoulders are black shields with intricate gold designs and they have small blades poking out. He has a red tail like Articuno. He has the same like Entei but with more flare and has a golden sun crown along with 3 gold arrows on each side of his head. 
Pokédex Entry: Each time this Pokemon walks, it burns with each of his steps; even on air. When it flies in the sky, it appears a second sun is in the sky.
BST: HP:140/ATK:70/DEF:95/Sp.A:140/Sp.D:140/Spe:80= Total: 665.
(Custom or Signature)Moves:
(Custom/Signature) Name: Smoldering Storm/Type: Fire/Category: Special/PP:5/Attack:120/Accuracy:100/Description: The crown and head arrows of Heligriff glow in Red/Orange/Yellow light then its whole head engulfs in flames and shoots out a whole wave of fire at the enemy. May cause flinching or burn and has a medium critical-hit ratio. Burn is inflicted on the using Pokemon.
Other/Trivia: This Pokémon is the mate for life, and only, of Selunias, the moon Pokemon; an egg that hatches to a Legendary Pokemon, the third of the Legendary Sky Trio, results from their "meeting" sometimes. They can sometimes combine their signature attack to create an aurora of death. This creature is based on the Hippogriff and influenced from Helios/Helius and Apollo.

if we do a community based one I'd suggest to create a tumblr for it as well as it's easier to keep track of submissions, suggestions and set up polls through that site (also it can be easily moderated by the personal tumblr's of the people in the club). We should put which part of the world the region should be based on up to the community (again) rather than just run with Greece that won the poll in the one I set up a while back (but the interest was too low to keep going :/)

I'd suggest having Greece, China and Antartica as some poll options (but we should also take suggestions from the community) ^^

I personally would like Greece or China. Antarctica doesn't seem too feasible. o-o;;

Another thing to consider would be the underlying theme. From land vs. sea (RSE) to nature vs. technology (BW) and creation vs. destruction (XY), I think the thematic approach should be the first thing we consider, along with the regional theme.

I'll make a tumblr in the next few days, although I don't understand why we don't just keep it to this thread.

I'd say we stick with the recent trend of basing regions on the Western countries like BW and XY so I say to go with Greece or, maybe, Rome/Italy. Then for the underlying theme: Old vs. New (as in culture, government, etc.). This would fit perfectly if we're doing a region based on Greece or Rome/Italy since they have a wonderful past and present to explore and adapt to the Pokemon world. Furthermore, this could be an opportunity to look into time traveling perhaps. I could also see the professor of the region being based off of Leonardo da Vinci in the vein of he is a famous inventor.

I can see the beginnings of an RP plot line here. I like the idea of sticking with Greek theme, but I wouldn't be opposed to a Rome/Italy placing either. If we wanted to dabble with time travel, we can have the professor's field of study be replicating the powers/effects of Pokemon, or harnessing the power of Pokemon and say that he is particularly interested in one of the region's legendaries. That legendary can have rule over time. If we go with a Greek theme, perhaps it can be based on the Greek god Chronus or the Greek titan Kronus. Of course, there is the problem of already having two legendaries that dabble in time manipulation(Dialga and Celebi).

As for region name, Kairos, means time in Greek or there is Fora, which is also means time.

Archived