Fakemon Central

bury the year

Well, actually, what I have in mind when it comes to the time traveling aspect correlates more with the theme of Old vs. New. I'm thinking the villain team's motive is to bring the region back to a time where the leader's ancestor ruled as a tyrant or monarch.

Yup, I mentioned something along the lines before too. I'm not sure how everyone else thought about the idea though but it looks like you have the same thought, Renegade.

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For the record, are there any Minotaur Pokemon? Cause if we're doing Greece, then that's gotta be manditory. Question is, though: Do we make it a stand-alone legendary in a labyrinth? Or do we just make it an evolution of Tauros in the Crete area?

For the record, are there any Minotaur Pokemon? Cause if we're doing Greece, then that's gotta be manditory. Question is, though: Do we make it a stand-alone legendary in a labyrinth? Or do we just make it an evolution of Tauros in the Crete area?

I like the idea of Evolving Taurus into a Minotaur.

I feel like as well as having influence from Greek culture, the story and pokemon should take influence from historic greek religion.

I like the idea of Evolving Taurus into a Minotaur.

Take a Tauros to the past and if it gains a Level there or in an specific location, it evolves into a Minotaur Pokemon.

Wow. Being busy means you miss a ton.

So... anyone care to fill me in on what's been happening?

I will try: Apparently it was decided that the new Region will be based on Greece, and the plot will be Ancient vs. Modern, or Past vs. Present, involving time traveling to the past. In the previous page the nature and purpose of the villain(s), protagonist and supporting characters were discussed.

Anyways, I am not convinced with the idea of traveling as far as Ancient Greece because of the conflicts with technology, clothes and Pokeballs that were already mentioned. I'm thinking the character could be traveling back to 10~20 years instead, where such technology and fashions should already exist. Which means that something drastic had to occur between those 10~20 years. Maybe a devastating war or some kind of catastrophe (glaciation, flood, etc.)?

Well, maybe we can travel to a time in the past that still has a lot of the basic pokemon technology but the setting has a lot of elements alluding to the ancient timeline (e.g. certain landmarks and such are still standing) and this time will be before the crisis hit the region. The crisis could be the cause of some pokemon species' extinction as well.

Take a Tauros to the past and if it gains a Level there or in an specific location, it evolves into a Minotaur Pokemon.

That specific location being Crete, of course. Either that, or more specifically the labyrinth.

Name: Minauros
Species: Minotaur
Typing: Normal/Dark
Abilities: Intimidate/Anger Point (Hidden: Sheer Force)
Evolution Line: Tauros --(Level up in Crete area in the past)--> Minauros
Appearance: A Tauros on two legs; longer, sharper horns; a beefier nose, skull, torso, and arms; and he fur around its predecessor's neck goes down to its thighs. Instead of having three tails, it has one tail twice as long and thick with a black, furry end. Also, it may or may not be holding an axe. 
BST: 125/120/115/60/90/90 = 600

EDIT: Btw, I found this custom-made Pokemon game on Deviantart that I think y'all should check out:

http://th3sharkk.deviantart.com/art/Pokemon-Evoas-0-0-3-423355852

Well, I don't see why taking it to ancient times would be a problem? technically the character could still wear the same clothes, the pokedex and other gadgets might not work in the past but any new pokemon seen in the past will have their data added when returning to the present. We already know that apricorns were used in the past to capture pokemon so that could definitely be used instead and if the pokemon on hand cannot be used in the past the character could always receive a 'second starter' when they time travel for the first time (much like in gen 6). To make it more interesting the 'second starter' could even be a 'fossil pokemon' so they receive a live pokemon that can only be obtained through fossil revival in the future?

Going back in time will introduce new game mechanics but that is not a bad thing at all! Going back a few years wouldn't bring new game mechanics, is not as exciting as going really far back in time and frankly only seems like a 'lazy solution' to a minor problem.

About Tauros evolution. Yes, this is one of the things I meant by 'ancient forms', having Pokemon that can evolve due to time travel or when levelled up in a certain era (maybe split evos depending on the era it evolves in even!). However, I think we need to hold back on creating said evolutions for a while. It seems we're going to focus on plot and game mechanics first, after that we will start creating pokemon etc and be voted on.

Well, I don't see why taking it to ancient times would be a problem? technically the character could still wear the same clothes, the pokedex and other gadgets might not work in the past but any new pokemon seen in the past will have their data added when returning to the present. We already know that apricorns were used in the past to capture pokemon so that could definitely be used instead and if the pokemon on hand cannot be used in the past the character could always receive a 'second starter' when they time travel for the first time (much like in gen 6). To make it more interesting the 'second starter' could even be a 'fossil pokemon' so they receive a live pokemon that can only be obtained through fossil revival in the future?

Going back in time will introduce new game mechanics but that is not a bad thing at all! Going back a few years wouldn't bring new game mechanics, is not as exciting as going really far back in time and frankly only seems like a 'lazy solution' to a minor problem.

About Tauros evolution. Yes, this is one of the things I meant by 'ancient forms', having Pokemon that can evolve due to time travel or when levelled up in a certain era (maybe split evos depending on the era it evolves in even!). However, I think we need to hold back on creating said evolutions for a while. It seems we're going to focus on plot and game mechanics first, after that we will start creating pokemon etc and be voted on.

I def. agree that we should go to ancient times and use apricots. I do believe that the time machine should not allow the transfer of pokemon. Something along the lines of "pokemon transported in this machine currently seem to die as well as machines breaking. We need to come up with some solution before you can transfer pokemon and machines". And that solution is discovered after you complete the pokemon league. I believe that apricots should be used in the past as well as fossil pokemon as starters. I do believe that we should have the native people of the past saying stuff like "what strange clothes..." etc.

I def. agree that we should go to ancient times and use apricots. I do believe that the time machine should not allow the transfer of pokemon. Something along the lines of "pokemon transported in this machine currently seem to die as well as machines breaking. We need to come up with some solution before you can transfer pokemon and machines". And that solution is discovered after you complete the pokemon league. I believe that apricots should be used in the past as well as fossil pokemon as starters. I do believe that we should have the native people of the past saying stuff like "what strange clothes..." etc.

Yeah that's what I thought, it would be hilarious if when walking down busy streets you can catch characters gossiping about the boy/girl that dresses really weird (or even ugly) and that they just generally keep commenting on it. Or maybe some people fall absolutely in love with their fashion and after a few visits you could find some people that are attempting to mimic the style!

It would be cool if the pokemon obtained in the present day can't go back in time but that raises the question as to whether pokemon can be brought from the past to the present? One way we can make it possible for pokemon to be obtainable and transferrable from the past to the present is to have it so that technology becomes unresponsive while in the past so the Pokeballs will simply just not work. An item could be obtained post elite four that solves this problem which would grant full access to both time lines with any pokemon :)

I don't think we should have a second set of starters and, even we do, they definitely shouldn't be fossil pokemons. That would mean going back to the Prehistoric era. That would be millions of years before human history would've even begun. But a second set of the starters wouldn't be necessary in general because the characters wouls start in the present. I believe it's best to use one set of starters for both timelines because it's still the same region after all.

The trainer going to the past would cause an uproar because of the dohickeys he has that do what their Apricots do.

The character's apparition in the past would trigger the second plot, the ancient region's governors actively trying to capture(kill?) them as witches or whatever. Cue second rival?

Hell, he could be the one to indirectly introduce the idea of Gyms and the League to the past.

I liked the idea of having to obtain a second team of pokemon for the ancient region. I'm also for Mugendramon's idea for a second plot and rival.

So if the idea of have Tauros have an evolution as a minotaur, would a snake pokemon from modern times get an evolution to become a hydra? I imagine a hydra pokemon to be a legendary or pseudolegendary.

I agree with Blu that fossil pokemon not be needed as startes. Obtainable, sure, but not necessary as starters, if seperate starters will be used for the ancient region.

As far as the new notion for going in the past only a decade or two vice all the way back to another era. I'm indifferent. I feel going only a decade or two would be easier to do, not sure why, though. But whatever is voted on that regard is fine by me.

The character's apparition in the past would trigger the second plot, the ancient region's governors actively trying to capture(kill?) them as witches or whatever. Cue second rival?

Hell, he could be the one to indirectly introduce the idea of Gyms and the League to the past.

The sub-plot could be interesting, although we're definitely not gonna be killing anyone (in the typical violent/execution sense at the very least).

Instead of gyms, "gym" battles, the Elite 4, and the Champion should be fought in colosseums. It would definitely fit the region and the timeline.

I'm also for the idea of using apricots for the past timeline.

A lot of talk went on today, wow. Alright, time to add my two cents.

I am not for the idea of only going back a decade or two, as I just don't find that to be interesting, but I believe that has been worked out anyway with the use of apricots and whatnot, and I think that is a great idea. While I was originally for the idea of bringing Pokemon into the past from the start, it raises another question of how you guys propose to get your Minotaur-esque Tauros evolution? I am not for a second set of starters, but I do love the idea of a second plot line that was proposed. Anyway, back to bringing Pokemon to the past, I think you should be allowed to have a total of six Pokemon from the present in the past. That way you can bring your team along, and then at certain points perhaps you are able to contact the present and the professor is able to switch out one of your current Pokemon with one you left in the present. Then of course you can also make use of whatever Pokemon you catch in the past. Once you complete the second story line something should be put in place so that you can move easily between the two time periods as well as have complete access to all your pokemon in both periods.

thinking back to suggesting the fossils as secondary starters I don't know what I was thinking, oh well! But yes the second plot and second rival is something I am all for and it would be fantastic if you can notice things changing in the present day after the protagonist visits the past (it would be great if there's a museum somewhere and you'll be able to notice new things every now and then that relates to what the protagonist was up to or even being able to find sculptures or paintings etc where he/she is depicted).

The whole deal with time travel and on-hand pokemon definitely needs to be sorted somehow, maybe the starter pokemon is given to you in a special kind of pokeball that can handle time travel? So that the first time you go you can bring your starter with you but all other pokemon (that are not in apricorn balls) must be left behind? Obviously this restriction can be lifted after completing the elite four or something as the professor has managed to invent something that makes any pokeball operable within the past as well as the present.

About era-evolutions, we have lots of possibilities here but it's definitely something that we don't need to focus on at this point. We can vote on it being a thing or not but what pokemon might have these and stuff can be put on hold, we should sort out more important things first (mainly getting the draft for a plot together)

What we have so far:

- Region is based on Greece and surrounding area

- Region is slowly recovering from one of the worst financial crises the region has ever faced (though the struggle is still evident)

- The 'evil team' (™) wishes to bring the region back to it's glory days in the ancient era.

- Time-travel will be a core element for the plot which will bring various new game mechanics and restrictions upon the protagonist

What needs to be discussed/settled:

- Professor's/Professors' area of study (time travel seems unlikely as it's usually very Pokemon focused)

- 'Ancient Forms' / 'Era-Evolutions', yay or nay?

- How does time travel affect pokemon obtained in the different eras?

- Anything else / did I miss anything?

What needs to be discussed/settled:
- Professor's/Professors' area of study (time travel seems unlikely as it's usually very Pokemon focused)
- 'Ancient Forms' / 'Era-Evolutions', yay or nay?
- How does time travel affect pokemon obtained in the different eras?

- Anything else / did I miss anything?

1. I have made a suggestion for the professor several pages back. Professor Olive who is both the Pokemon professor of the region and a famous inventor. His area of studies is Pokemon powers (their abilities/moves/etc.) and how to emulate them in an artificial form (this is where his inventions come in to play). His name, by the way, is a reference to the Olive tree (every professor is named after a type of tree) as well as olives and olive oil which are common cooking ingredients in Greek/Roman/Italian cuisines.

2. Nay on Era-Evolutions indefinitely. Ancient Forms may still be okay on the condition that they can only exist during the past. The way Ancient Forms should work is when certain Pokemons from the present are brought to the past, they change into their Ancient Forms and remain that way until they are brought back to the present. Ancient Forms can change a variety of features of the Pokemon.

3. Look at 2.

Now here are some other suggestions I have:

1. The "Ancient" League, which includes gym battles, Elite 4, and the Champion, are fought in colosseums. Gym battles will naturally take place in small-scale colosseums while the Championship is fought in a grand colosseum in the biggest city (maybe the capital). This is a reference to, obviously, colosseum battles of Ancient Rome but it also references the Olympics which is of Greek origins.

2. Speaking of Olympics, the new "contest" feature this time around will be Olympic-like sports played with both trainers and Pokemons.

3. Archaeology feature that allows for characters to find clues about missing objects in the past before traveling to the present and finding these objects - now artifacts. Artifacts can be sold for high prices amongst other things.

4. Pokémon Α™ Version and Pokémon Ω™ Version. Respectively, they are fully called Pokémon Alpha and Pokémon Omega. Alpha and Omega are the first and last letters of the Greek alphabet. This references the disparity between the "Ancient" and the "Present" timelines. Furthermore, the quote "I am the Alpha and Omega" plays into the title because while both are different timelines, they are the same region. There are also other quotes relating to Alpha and Omega such as "I am the First and the Last, " again, referring to the timelines.

5. The Mascot Legendaries are related to the Alpha and Omega theme in that they are both the same Pokemon but existing separately in different timelines. In a sense, they are technically one Pokemon but they exist as two individual beings. And because of their time-related powers (amongst other powers), they can cross time and even confront one another while still existing as two separate beings.

im hands down with Blu's depiction of the region's professor. Love his name, and his intention with his inventions.

era-evolutions, im okay with. i don't really think they'd need to change back once exposed to the present timeline. but, whatever the club votes on that is cool with me.

colosseums are always cool.

finding artifacts and the like can be a drive for some of the club member's characters, or maybe some NPC's. An NPC could be someone who'd purchase said artifacts. It also drives another way to obtain a good amount of currency during the RP. To me, it just adds another interesting facet to the whole story, which I'm all for.

the whole Pokemon Alpha and Omega versions. Once again, Blu = genius. Question. Am I to believe that as an RP'r, we'd be 'playing' one of these versions? If so, what'd be the difference between the two? Because being exposed to different pokemon, as how the games make versions differ, than one another doesn't make too much sense to me as far as the world of an RP would go.

the last thing, im not sure i understand.

the whole Pokemon Alpha and Omega versions. Once again, Blu = genius. Question. Am I to believe that as an RP'r, we'd be 'playing' one of these versions? If so, what'd be the difference between the two? Because being exposed to different pokemon, as how the games make versions differ, than one another doesn't make too much sense to me as far as the world of an RP would go.

the last thing, im not sure i understand.

Well, while I'm hoping we'll make an RP of this. The names are just an idea for what the games should be called; they don't exactly need to be the titles of the RP. Although, the simplest way would be to have RP with both titles so that every single pokemon would be available.

Are you referring to my Mascot Lengendaries idea? If so, what I mean by it is that the two legendaries are originally the same pokemon but this pokemon has changed drastically throughout the centuries. And since we're exploring time travel, the legendary pokemon from the present can travel back in time and confront its past self. It's like saying you travel back in time and confronting a past version of yourself - you're still the same person but you exist as two separate beings.

era-evolutions, im okay with. i don't really think they'd need to change back once exposed to the present timeline. but, whatever the club votes on that is cool with me.

This was what I was intending really, I guess the name I quickly gave it wasn't clear etc. basially era evolution refers to a new evolution method (level up Pokemon while in past/present timeline). This could be great for creating some branched evolution lines, eeveelutions and just a new kind of evolution in general (the Tauros thing was mentioned previously as an example).

The name and the legendaries are spot on I believe and I think the idea for the professor is pretty neat too! 

I'm all for the Ancient League thing but I'm guessing this would become available post-elite four (kind of like Kanto league becoming available in gen 2 after beating the champion)?

Relics is a great idea! Suggestion: certain items can be 'dropped' in the past, to then be recovered in the present and sold for a higher price and some items might even change and become something else that's more useful? Like dropping certain berries makes them more potent or if they are planted in the past you can come back to several trees carrying that berry etc.

I'm all for the Ancient League thing but I'm guessing this would become available post-elite four (kind of like Kanto league becoming available in gen 2 after beating the champion)?

Relics is a great idea! Suggestion: certain items can be 'dropped' in the past, to then be recovered in the present and sold for a higher price and some items might even change and become something else that's more useful? Like dropping certain berries makes them more potent or if they are planted in the past you can come back to several trees carrying that berry etc.

Yeah, I mentioned before that the Ancient League will only be unlocked once the Modern League has been defeated. Yup, like 2nd generation except with this, you get both a new set of leaders to deal with and another set of Elite 4's and Champion.

Ahh, I like the name Relics way better than Artifacts, so we should use that if we do decide to add this feature. The suggestion is also really cool. You can drop certain stuff in the past to increase the value once you find them in the present. Although I don't think berries would survive that long (it's over centuries after all) but maybe you plant certain berry seeds and they'll grow into giant trees or something.

Have we decided on the name of the villainous team yet? 'Cause if not, I'd like to throw the name Team Set out there... and see if it sticks.

As for why I've come up with it, I'll explain below:

- Set was the first Egyptian deity to become demonized, according to the Shin Megami Tenshi wiki. As such, it's a subtle reference to the team being evil.

- Set is the Egyptian deity of chaos (as well as storms and deserts, but that's not relevant). This somewhat goes in tandem with the team's motive to change things back to the past, as changing things around in the past can cause chaos

- You don't want a team name that's too close to what the team's trying to achieve, 'cause otherwise it spoils the surprise factor :/

Thoughts?

Archived