Fakemon Central

bury the year

Well, actually, what I have in mind when it comes to the time traveling aspect correlates more with the theme of Old vs. New. I'm thinking the villain team's motive is to bring the region back to a time where the leader's ancestor ruled as a tyrant or monarch. The leader of this villain team is completely enamored with the past (the Old) and refuses to see the region change (the New). The professor is an inventor who views changes as a natural and beautiful occurrence and is, naturally, opposed to the villain team's desire of stopping new changes. And since he's an inventor, I like the idea that he studies ways of imitating Pokemon abilities and such to adapt to his inventions to better the region.

As for the name, Kairos is too similar to Kalos so we need something different. Fora sounds pretty good although we don't want to use that exact word. To change it up a bit, let's call it Forra.

EDIT: I've drawn the professor and I think we should name him Prof. Olive for the following reasons: it fits with the naming scheme (professors are named after types of trees and, in this case, the professor is named after the Olive tree) and olive oil is a common cooking ingredient in Greek/Roman/Italian dishes so it fits the region.

[spoiler=Prof. Olive]32fkBGG.png[/spoiler]

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've been gone and unaccessed to an actual keyboard, hence my hiatus from posting.

An idea for an antagonist group that I've had for a while is two rivaling gangs, one playing the "evil" alignment and the other playing the resistance for their own cause. I was thinking of the evil group being named Team Black Hole, whose goal is to catch every Pokemon in the world (not just one of each, but literally EVERY Pokemon in existence.) I'm still thinking of reasons why they would do that, and what they would do if they did, but it's a good place to start.

The resistance team would be named Team Supernova or something. Their cause is to undo any actions done by Team Black Hole and return any captured Pokemon to their natural habitat. Their headquarters has its own mass Pokemon healing center for any Pokemon hurt under the hands of Team Black Hole. They also run an adoption center where any traveler can take good care of them so long as they don't fall under the hands of TBH again.

As for Fakemon, I've had an idea that Wailmer should have an alternate evolution from Wailord:

Name: Wailnar
Species: Narwhal
Typing: Water / Ice
Abilities: Dry Skin / Water Veil
Evolution Line: Wailmer --(Level 40)-> Wailord OR --(Level 40 + Water Stone)-> Wailnar
Ht / Wt: 34'7" (10.8m) / 550 lbs (249 kg.)
Appearance: If you don't know what a narwhal looks like, here's a picture.
Pokédex Entry: When on their wintering grounds, Wailnars make some of the deepest dives ever recorded for a marine Pokemon, diving to at least 800 meters over 15 times per day, with many dives reaching 1,500 meters.
BST: HP:150/ATK:70/DEF:50/Sp.A:120/Sp.D:50/Spe:60= Total: 500

If we are doing the old vs. new theme, then the current state of the region should be poverty stricken. After all, Greece is having a debt crisis right now. It could also be the reason that this evil organization is gaining prominence, as they believe that the current age is the reason that their region has fallen into despair and thus he wishes to change it back to the old ways, obviously believing that he is the best suited to rule to this new, old kingdom. 

If we go with the idea of having two evil teams, I propose that the other is a group of guerrilla terrorists that are seeking to further destabilize the region and thus put themselves in the position of holding all essential resources, and thus gaining control of the current region. Obviously their goal would be to harness innovation for destruction and power. 

Then we have the in-betweens of the two extremes, which is where the hero would lie, as he seeks to usher in an age of innovation, but not for destruction and power, but instead for bring a new form of prosperity to the region.

As for the topic on creating a Tumblr for it, I see how that would expand the community, but I fear that it may become too big for us to handle alone, and then I also see it spiraling out of the club's hands and becoming something independent from Fakemon Central. I am for confining it to this forum, perhaps even this thread.

You could definitely mix Greece and Italy and make a hellenistic (sp?) based region as this includes both of these countries (and Cyprus) I believe?

I like the theme of Ancient/Modern and I also have some other theme ideas. However, both of these could easily be tied in with why Team [X] wants to bring the region back to an era several hundreds of years back in time.

Pollution - Could introduce the concept of alternate types due to pollution. i.e. a Goldeen being caught in a specific area could be Water/Poison (which would give it a possibility for some alternate move sets and maybe even a change in abilities and stats); that certain Grass type Pokemon, such as Sunflora, would receive Ghost as a secondary type if trained for x hours / levels in a certain area; or that exposing certain Pokemon to radioactive items either causes them to change into an alternate typing form or maybe even cause alternate evolutions (definitely a possibility for a Poison type Eeveelution). This would also be a good way to deal with the increasing amount of Pokemon in the National Pokedex as it adds something new while not actually requiring you to catch 50000 additional Pokemon to fill it up (like they did with the Mega Evolutions).

Obviously the evil team could be arguing that bringing the region back to the ancient times would be good as the modern world is dying because of the way modern humans live and act.

Economy - Running with the idea that we are talking about Greece, we can use their state bankruptcy as an inspiration here as well. Due to the way politicians have been running things the region is in a state of economic crisis, the evil team wants to bring the region back to it's "glory days" when they were one of the richest and most powerful regions on the planet (Roman Empire / Alexander the Great).

I would say these are better motivators than an ancestor that was a tyrant. Usually the teams aren't as transparent any more (Team Plasma being a sort of PETA-esque organisation and Team Flare wanting to make things more beautiful don't necessarily sound bad) and the leader quite often seems to have a hidden agenda that the grunts or even the admins are not aware of (which usually revolves around harbouring the powers of a legendary pokemon).

It would be neat to include actual time travel as a part of the plot, possibly a post elite 4 thing where you go back in time to prevent something from happening? (could pay homage to Back to the Future as well haha).

I also believe the starters should reflect the theme in some way as well. Exactly how this would be done should be voted upon though by the community.

This turned out to be a very long post... enjoy! :P

EDIT: Hi fives Vigilante for thinking of the exact same thing as me

I like the idea of the region having economic troubles but we shouldn't have the story favor the villain team in regards to solving that issue. Instead, let's have the region in a state of gradually recovering from their economic issues but not fully recovered. The leader of the villain team believes that the progress is too slow and his plan is the only way to truly save the region. In a sense, he wants the right thing (to save the region) but he goes about it in the wrong way; he just doesn't realize it. And, remember, let's try not to be too preachy about the story. This is Pokemon after all.

Caliborn_worldbuilding.png

I am so in. So I suppose I have to throw in a fakemon as per protocol.

Name: Hiburn (High Burn)

Species: Engine Pokemon

Typing: Steel/Fire

Gender Ratio: Genderless

Abilities: Speed Boost / Light Metal / Levitate(Hidden)

Evolution Line: Slowgin --(Level 38 with Klang or Klinklang in party)--> Steamotion --(Level 49 holding Charcoal)--> Hiburn

Appearance: Hiburn is an articulate steam engine, like its previous forms; and black in colour. The guard is shaped like a smile, bars crisscrossing as sharp teeth. A single red eye is at the centre of its circular front. They have wheels to move about, though they can occasionally be caught slithering like snakes.

Pokedex Entry: Hiburns sometimes carry around Slowgin or Steamotion as cargo cars. They are capable of running non-stop for hours in a straight line, provided they come across no obstacles; rather than getting tired, they somehow gain energy.

BST:  Hp 80/Atk 100/Def 100/Sp.A 80/Sp.D 60/Spe 120 = 540

I like the idea of the region having economic troubles but we shouldn't have the story favor the villain team in regards to solving that issue. Instead, let's have the region in a state of gradually recovering from their economic issues but not fully recovered. The leader of the villain team believes that the progress is too slow and his plan is the only way to truly save the region. In a sense, he wants the right thing (to save the region) but he goes about it in the wrong way; he just doesn't realize it. And, remember, let's try not to be too preachy about the story. This is Pokemon after all.

wait, if we're making a community region shouldn't this be discussed in more detail later on when the inspiration for the region along with theme for the generation etc has been voted on?

wait, if we're making a community region shouldn't this be discussed in more detail later on when the inspiration for the region along with theme for the generation etc has been voted on?

Well it sounds like the idea of having just a club based region is being tossed around too. So which are we doing? A YCM Forum community region? A YCM & Tumblr community region? Or club only region?

I wish to join the club and contribute with the Community Region. I was working on a region previously, a hack I had wished to develope called Pokemon Gold rush. Which featured a Misten Region which was an area covered in vast mountains where the major income and source of work was through mining. Much of the game was going to be based in caves or on mountains and feature many crystal like pokemon. Here's an example of the map and routes.

MistenRegionLabled-1-1.png

Other than the general look and order of towns, I haven't put  much effort into it. I also have a bunch of fakemon (I do not have them currently but can soon) that I would like to post here.

I wish to join.

Here's a sea monster for your Greek-based region.

Name: Cetyllan (Cetea+Scylla+Leviathan)

Species: Sea-serpent Pokemon

Typing: Water

Abilities: Swift Swim/Hydration (HA: Marvel Scale)

Evolution Line: Cetyllan (Lv 33) -> Charybathan (Lv up under water [Dive]) -> Krakeidon

Appearance: It is 4'7" long. This Pokemon looks like a black eel except for the fact that is has two flippers on the underside of the upper portion of its body. Its underbelly is a pale grey. It is adorned with three large grey scales that appear to be a sort of crown above its yellow eyes. Four fins line the underside of its tail.

Pokedex Entry: A serpent Pokemon that schools in calm shores. They are left alone for the locals know they are the young of sea monsters.

BST:

Name: Charybathan

Species: Whirpool Pokemon

Typing: Water/Dark

Abilities: Swift Swim/Hydration (HA: Marvel Scale)

Evolution Line: Cetyllan (Lv 33) -> Charybathan (Lv up under water [Dive]) -> Krakeidon

Appearance: Charybathan is larger than even the largest of Cetyllan, stretching to beyond 8' in length. They are also black in color and its flippers now have two long spines that are brown in color. Its crown spreads over its face, appearing like an armored mask that is also brown. Large, pentagonal, rigid plates have grown along its spine that reach down to almost a third of its total length. Its four fins have also grown a single spine.

Pokedex Entry: By inhaling, Charybathan can cause Whirpools that render sailors shipless. It is the subject of many tales of 'sea monsters'.

BST:

Name: Krakeidon (Kraken+Poseidon)

Species: Sea-monster Pokemon

Typing: Water/Dark

Abilites: Pressure/Unnerve (HA: Marvel Scale)

Appearance: It has two plesiosaur-like flippers below its midrift that it uses to support itself upright. In this way, it stances itself similar to a cobra, with a dragon-like mouth filled with sharp teeth. Above its flippers, its back plates have grown around its body, creating a shell-like collar. Around its face, its scales form a sort of helm. Its crown is ever more impressive. Its 'tail' consists of four tentacles, each lined with six suction cups. In the center of these, are two thinner, longer tentacles not unlike a squids. Each tentacle retains its four spined fins. Its spines, back plates, crown, and helm are now tinted red.

Pokedex Entry: A ferocious Pokemon with a dispostion of a deity. It slumbers in the depths of the oceans as to not be disturbed.

BST:

Im no good with base stats.

• 2 weeks later...

Place Holder for the Starters I had in mind for Misten Region

Grass Flying

Vine Pokemon

Fire Dark

(Alien Telepath ygo) Flame Lizard Pokemon

Water Fighting
(Atlantean Heavy Infantry ygo) Shield Pokemon

saiseethrough and HerzGeist are as well. I finally have my computer back as well, so we can actually do stuff with this project if people are so willing.

I am totally ready to get the project underway! I am remastering the grass starters that I posted earlier a bit, and I still need to get their mega evolution done.

totally willing. just an idea, phosphorous, but you should (or have someone) create a list of accepted fakemon for the region on the original post. That way ppl can know what types are in excess, which 'species' is abundant (fish/dogs/birds/etc), and such. You wouldn't need to put down everything, but maybe their name and type(s).

I apologize for my inactivity, but to be honest I didn't post anything because I didn't know what to comment on.

This is a random idea, but Instead of ancient/modern theme, how about sky/undergrond? It could be a futuristic setting where humans populate both the sky (airships, flying on Pokemon, etc.) and the underground (caves, underground cities, etc.). There could be two teams like RSE Magma and Aqua, where the Sky team wants everyone to live on the sky, and the other team basically wants to send everyone below the ground.

As for the city the region will be based on, from the mentioned Greece, Antartica and China, I vote for Greece, but I think Russia or another eastern countries besides China or Japan, such as Malaysia, India or Thailand, would also be interesting locations.

My opinion on where it the region will draw inspiration from is Greece. But as far as plot goes, I am not too thrilled with sky vs. underground, as it just mirrors land vs. ocean too much. Of course Pokemon games are subject to some repetition, but copying and pasting a conflict like that just isn't appealing. I feel like the idea of ancient vs. modern is a step towards a more comprehensive and interactive game plot than Pokemon games are accustomed to having, and I think that is a step in the right direction. I am not opposed to the idea of two teams, but I would prefer them to be more unique than remastered Team Aqua and Team Magma organizations.

Of course all this is subject to votes by the group

I agree. I suggested the sky/underground plot to put more ideas on the table, but you are right in that Ancient vs. Modern would be more interesting. To throw another idea, what do you think of the protagonist gaining the ability of traveling back in time with the aid of a legendary Pokemon (or Dialga itself)? So instead of visiting 2 regions (e.g. Pokemon Silver/Gold), the character would be able to visit the Past of the same region and find different items, Pokemon, etc., or even challenge the Gym Leaders and E4 of that time. Not straight from the start of course, but perhaps after beating the E4 or encountering the Legendary Pokemon of the plot.

Think of "Zelda: A Link Between Worlds" but in Pokemon.

But I guess we should first be working on the main plot and region before jumping to side-quests and other things.

I agree. I suggested the sky/underground plot to put more ideas on the table, but you are right in that Ancient vs. Modern would be more interesting. To throw another idea, what do you think of the protagonist gaining the ability of traveling back in time with the aid of a legendary Pokemon (or Dialga itself)? So instead of visiting 2 regions (e.g. Pokemon Silver/Gold), the character would be able to visit the Past of the same region and find different items, Pokemon, etc., or even challenge the Gym Leaders and E4 of that time. Not straight from the start of course, but perhaps after beating the E4 or encountering the Legendary Pokemon of the plot.

Think of "Zelda: A Link Between Worlds" but in Pokemon.

But I guess we should first be working on the main plot and region before jumping to side-quests and other things.

Well, while we need to be looking at main plot and region, I like the idea of maybe having the main character beat the main story and then be told that their journey isn't over. The past is being threatened by bla, bla, bla and they have to go and stop them. Unfortunately, they can only be sent back without their Pokemon. But, they are free to travel between the two time zones. So it allows them to start over with a completely different story line, allowing them to choose a new starter(perhaps from a new set of starters, idk) and then they have to save the past. After doing so, the troubles in the time stream are repaired and they have access to all their Pokemon regardless of the era they are in and they retain the power to travel between them

Now this looks interesting! And a Greek-based Community Region?! So in!...I guess I should create a Fakemon, and in honor of the current Greek theme I will utilize one of my favorite myths.

Name: Charybtex (Charybdis + Vortex)
Species: Ocean Swallowing Pokemon
Typing: Water
Abilities: Arena Trap/Storm Drain     Hidden Ability: Drizzle

Evolution Line: Unknown Prevo(Male) -Level Up to Level 37, while it knowns Whirlpool-> Charybtex
Appearance: Charybtex has a low to the ground, quadrupedal body. Its lower body is severely underdeveloped, a testament to its incredibly low speed. It's underdeveloped form is in great contrast with the swirling maw that is its mouth. Resembling a cross between an alligator's mouth and a buzz saw, Charybtex is responsible for creating massive whirlpools and tearing apart entire ships. It's dark blue hue make its hard to spot in the waters, and most sailor are not able to avoid the monster's prime, if a bit unorthodox, hunting abilities. 
Pokedex Entry: Known by ancient sailors as 'the one who swallows the sea', Charybtex has quite the infamous legend surrounding. Charybtex almost never leave deep water, but prefer to stay near an ocean-front cliff, where its sister Pokemon, Scyllatch can most commonly be found. 
BST: 87/105/145/88/120/15=560

Well, you know I'm still voting for the Old vs. New (Ancient vs, Modern) theme. And I think we've already reached a consensus that the region will be based on Greece. Although it will be based primarily on Greece, we should definitely add elements of both Rome/Italy into the region as well just like Unova is not purely based on New York alone and such. Since it seems people really like the time traveling idea, I have a suggestion that we should intertwine it into the story. Basically, there will be points in which the character(s) must travel back to the past in order to accomplish something e.g. foil the villain team's scheme. To make things interesting, we will have [b]two[/b] pokedexes. One for pokemons unique to this region that only existed in the past and one for the present (basically we'll split one pokedex into two and buff up each with official pokemons). We could also two sets of pokemon leagues (gym leaders, elite 4's, etc.) but you can only access the ancient league once you beat the modern league. Finally, to tie in with the professor, a machine that emulates dialga's (or a new legendary) time powers will be used for time traveling.

Archived