Fakemon Central

bury the year

Well, since Shedinja has been one of my favorites, I thought I'd try my hand at giving him a decent evolution. Hopefully it turns out OK.

Name: Resurinja
Species: New Life Pokemon
Typing: Bug/Ghost
Abilities: Wonder Guard
Evolution Line: Nincada --(Lv. 20 w/ Empty Slot in Party)--> Shedinja --(Level Up w/ Max Amie Bond)--> Resurinja
Appearance: Basically a mound of Shedinja that have been fused together into a spider-like entity.
Pokedex Entry: With a new lease of life, it has an unparalleled respect for its trainer. It warns its trainer of dangers or threats that he or she would otherwise be unaware of.
BST: 81HP/130Atk/85Def/85SpAtk/75SpDef/75Spe = 531

Good? Bad? Too reliant of movepool?

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, since Shedinja has been one of my favorites, I thought I'd try my hand at giving him a decent evolution. Hopefully it turns out OK.

Name: Resurinja
Typing: Bug/Ghost
Abilities: Wonder Guard
Evolution Line: Nincada --(Lv. 20 w/ Empty Slot in Party)--> Shedinja --(Level Up w/ Max Amie Bond)--> Resurinja
Appearance: Basically a mound of Shedinja that have been fused together into a spider-like entity.
Pokedex Entry: With a new lease of life, it has an unparalleled respect for its trainer. It warns its trainer of dangers or threats that he or she would otherwise be unaware of.

My problem with this is that Shedinja is inherently a gimmick Pokemon. Trying to fiddle with that gimmick (at least to me) inherently ruins the concept. I think it'd be cool to have a third alternate evolution of Nincada instead, something like a samurai (or even a pirate!) to contrast the ninja idea that Ninjask has.

Also, I really oughtta post my own Fakemons soon. Just been too busy with finals.

@Red: Do the alarm mouse Pokemon need the Normal typing? Because Fight-type attacks will hurt them bad. They would be better as pure Steel in my opinion, and the signature move could be Steel-type as well. The only thing they would miss is STAB on Boomburst (if they even learn it) but not taking x4 damage from Fight should be a bigger plus.

@Red: Do the alarm mouse Pokemon need the Normal typing? Because Fight-type attacks will hurt them bad. They would be better as pure Steel in my opinion, and the signature move could be Steel-type as well. The only thing they would miss is STAB on Boomburst (if they even learn it) but not taking x4 damage from Fight should be a bigger plus.

The type is based on what they look like and frankly I couldn't see it as being a pure normal OR pure steel type. If one type would be removed it's the steel type because they do look more like a normal type than a steel type [hence normal being the primary type] imo. I don't see how the type combo is an issue really because while technically it would be 'more beneficial' for a Pokemon to not have certain type combinations, we do have plenty of examples where these exists (and some can still be brought into meta gaming) in the actual games.

Yeah I was thinking that the signature move is going to be steel type actually, as it would have something to do with them hitting their hard ended tails on their steel ear drums to create a whole lot of noise.

For the move I'm thinking either

type: Steel

atk type: Special / Sound based

acc 100

power 70

PP 10-15

secondary effect - might cause opponent to flinch

OR

type: Steel

atk type: Special / Sound based

acc 100

power 60

PP 10-15

secondary effect - does massive damage to a sleeping Pokemon, Pokemon damaged by this attack wake up, strikes all Pokemon on field.

Name: Resurinja
Typing: Bug/Ghost
Abilities: Wonder Guard
Evolution Line: Nincada --(Lv. 20 w/ Empty Slot in Party)--> Shedinja --(Level Up w/ Max Amie Bond)--> Resurinja
Appearance: Basically a mound of Shedinja that have been fused together into a spider-like entity.

While I love Shedinja I gotta say that I agree with Phosphorous about it being a bit of a gimmick Pokemon and I'm not sure it would actually benefit from an evolution. The whole thing about it is that it's ridiculously fragile but avoids damage as long as it's not super-effectively hit. Giving it improved stats [especially in the HP department] kind of pulls away from what the whole entity of this Pokemon actually is.

The type is based on what they look like and frankly I couldn't see it as being a pure normal OR pure steel type. If one type would be removed it's the steel type because they do look more like a normal type than a steel type [hence normal being the primary type] imo. I don't see how the type combo is an issue really because while technically it would be 'more beneficial' for a Pokemon to not have certain type combinations, we do have plenty of examples where these exists (and some can still be brought into meta gaming) in the actual games.

You are right, the typing is not really an issue. It was more of a suggestion because I personally dislike when a Pokemon is apparently good (decent BST, movepool, etc.) but is held back by an unnecessary type combination. One example of these Pokemon is Aggron, who doesn't appear as a rock Pokemon and yet is part Rock-type, which makes it x4 weak to Fight and Ground and his impressive DEF stat is wasted.

But the Pokemon should be fine as a Normal/Steel: as you mention, there are Pokemon with arguably bad typings that can still take on the metagame; and you can always pair the Alarm mouse with a Ghost type for predicting Fight attacks in battle.

Anyways, for the signature move I would go for the first one and maybe raise the BP to 80~90.

The second one is interesting, but it would be too situational. It wouldn't be that different to Wake-Up Slap, and that move is rarely used in the metagame, as it is usually better to leave the opposing Pokemon sleeping and attack with something else.

@venoshock

Haha yeah I see what you mean, but I tend to design first and make the rest up from there so changing the type doesn't really work in this case [and the combo would be completely new as well! :D].

Cool, I was leaning towards the first one anyways. I'm not sure if I should increase the base power though or just add that critical hits lands more easily though?

In other news, I made 2 more Pokémon also based on clock stuff that I've submitted to Omnis, so feel free to check them out here and here

I had a dream last night, where these creatures started popping out of the ground:

Stage 1:

Name: Klumpling
Species: Sod Pokemon
Typing: Grass/Ground
Abilities: Grass Pelt/Limber
Evolution Line: Klumpling --(6 Klumplings in party)--> Moundrone --(6 Moundrones in party + Leaf Stone)--> Hillga
Appearance: A clump of dirt about a foot in diameter with some grass on its pack.
Pokedex Entry: Since the creation of Earth, Klumplings and their elder adaptations have assisted in maintaining the landscape's richness in soil and grasslands. It is a rare sight to see one popping out of the ground, but one can most likely see one or more crawling towards a hole to fill it.
BST: 20HP/15Atk/35Def/10SpAtk/20SpDef/10Spe = 110

Stage 2:

Name: Moundrone
Evolution Line: Klumpling --(6 Klumplings in party)--> Moundrone --(6 Moundrones in party + Leaf Stone)--> Hillga
Appearance: As the evolution requirement states: A bunch of clumps of dirt packed together about 3 feet in diameter and about 5 feet tall. Contents of dirt contain more rocks, clay, and in rare cases a Pokemon fossil (obtainable as a real item.) Grass on its back is longer, covers more of its body, greener, and some flowers. Body has attached two short arms and two stubby feet made of dirt.
Pokedex Entry: A collective adaptation of its predecessor, this Pokemon is often spotted near catastrophic damages done to landscape usually caused my meteors, explosions, falling debris, or even extractions dug by archaeologists. It was rumored that this Pokemon is moderately territorial and will attack another Pokemon on site for digging into its local landscape. 
BST: 110HP/50Atk/70Def/50SpAtk/100SpDef/20Spe = 400

Stage 3:

Name: Hillga
Evolution Line: Klumpling --(6 Klumplings in party)--> Moundrone --(6 Moundrones in party + Leaf Stone)--> Hillga
Appearance: The smallest known Hillga's body is about 8 feet across the waist and 12 feet tall. Almost completely covered in luscious green grass and flowers. If lucky, you can see one with a small tree growing on its back. Arms and legs grow out to be up to 8 feet long and up to a foot in diameter. According to botanists, they have a vague skeletal system composed of ancient stones and fossils.
Pokedex Entry: The legend of these creatures are often passed on amongst adventurers and archaeologists. Nicknamed "ground giants", the sight of one can either be the luckiest day of your life... or the last. Anything the giant sets eyes on has potential to be consumed by it, making it grow in size. One of the stories of legend tells a tale of a Hillga that consumed everything in the landscape within a 5 mile radius, growing up to 300 feet across the waist and a quarter of a mile high.
BST: 250HP/80Atk/120Def/80SpAtk/120SpDef/50Spe = 700

Finally got done with one of The Titan Pokémons; I introduce the moon titan.

Name: Sekartes or Selunias (From Selene, Hekate/Luna, and Diana/Artemis.) Can't decide on the name.
Species: The Moon Pokemon.
Typing: Rock/Dark.
Abilities: Levitate-Keen Eye. Storm Drain (hidden.)
Gender Ratio: M:0/F:100.
Egg Groups: Mineral/Fairy.
Steps/Cycles: 30855.
Evolution Line: None.
Leveling rate: Slow.
Base friendship: 15.
Ht / Wt: 7'06 (2.3)/1631.4 lbs (740.0 kg.)
Pokédex color: Blue.
Body style: Quadruped body.
Appearance: It kind of looks like a long bodied, navy blue Suicune, but with doe horns instead and without the tail frills. She has two white Umbreon rings on all four shoulders, with black filling in it, with silver Cresselia rings between them; it almost looks like a face and they can light up with green lights. It has small teeth and a gray mane, like a Lion's and not like Suicune's. It has white paws with orange pads and black claws that show when it's about to attack. The bushy tail is navy on the top and white on the bottom. Two red half crescents on the side of its mouth, along with a noticeable vertical slit on its mouth, and silver, furry elf ears.
Pokédex Entry: Stories have told of this being, whenever it runs on the land, sea, or air, the living things around it spread with new life; even helping mothers during birth.
BST: HP:120/ATK:90/DEF:130/Sp.A:100/Sp.D:135/Spe:90= Total: 665.
(Custom or Signature)Moves:
(Signature/Custom)Name: Empress Arrow/Type: Psychic/Category: Special/PP: 10/Attack: 100/Accuracy: 100/Description: The user shoots a beam of light blue light, in the shape of an arrow from their mouths. May cause freezing and has a high critical-hit ratio. This can inflict not very effective damage to Dark type Pokemons.
Other/Trivia: This Pokemon is named after 4 moon goddesses from Greek Mythology but it is based on 6 goddesses, including 1 from another religion, and their animal symbols. Many of the goddesses she's is based on have a lot of dealings with fertility and that is where the birthing mothers part of the entry comes from. This Pokemon is the mate for life, and only, of Heligriff, the sun Pokemon.

I'll get started on Heligriff sometime this week. This 3/4 day break from this site helped me have more time on developing this Fakemon. 

@A moron: Except for the exaggerated BST of the evos which can be easily fixed, your Pokemon look good.

@EP: The moon titan looks good. I would go with "Selunias" for her name because it sounds more feminine, and the Pokemon is 100% female.

However, I would nerf the signature move because it has 3 effects, which is too much in my opinion, even for a legendary, when the highest number of effects that official moves have is 2 (e.g. Cross Poison). Personally I would stick with the freeze chance (maybe higher than the standard 10% chance to make the move more unique) and higher critical ratio.

@A moron: Except for the exaggerated BST of the evos which can be easily fixed, your Pokemon look good.

I suppose so. I intended the bogus stats to compensate for the evolution method. A Klumpling evolves when you have 6 of them in your party (at a certain level, which I didn't put in for some reason.) Once it becomes a Moundrone, all of the Klumplings you have disappear, leaving only it. Having to grind them all for that result is what makes the stats worth the effort.

I guess I can look up the stats of the most powerful Pokemon, then I could water it down.

[spoiler=EDIT]
Klumpling
BST: 20HP/15Atk/35Def/10SpAtk/20SpDef/10Spe = 110

Moundrone
BST: 110HP/50Atk/70Def/50SpAtk/100SpDef/20Spe = 400

Hillga
BST: 250HP/80Atk/120Def/80SpAtk/120SpDef/50Spe = 700
[/spoiler]

@EP: The moon titan looks good. I would go with "Selunias" for her name because it sounds more feminine, and the Pokemon is 100% female.

However, I would nerf the signature move because it has 3 effects, which is too much in my opinion, even for a legendary, when the highest number of effects that official moves have is 2 (e.g. Cross Poison). Personally I would stick with the freeze chance (maybe higher than the standard 10% chance to make the move more unique) and higher critical ratio.

Thanks! I wasn't so sure about the flinching thing so I added it for an extra effect; I didn't know about that either. 

Name: Alciccultus (Alciel + occultus)
Species: The Hidden Sun Pokemon
Typing: Dark/Fire
Abilities: Black Sun (Summon a drought for 5 turns, and cannot be overridden by any other weather. Also, contact moves have 50% chance to burn.)
Gender Ratio: Genderless
Egg Groups: Undiscovered
Steps/Cycles: 30855
Evolution Line: Nil, nada, none.
Leveling rate: Very Slow
Pokédex color: Black
Appearance: When entering a battle and not attacking or defending, it appears as a black sphere with a single eye in the middle of it, and surrounded by eight black spheres around it. Vague gold lines can be seen making always changing patterns on the main sphere. When attacking, the main sphere faded away, and the eight sub spheres transforms into the form needed for the move. When defending, the sub spheres disappears, and in the main sphere, a hole that looked like a mouth appeared.
Pokédex Entry: An obscure being that dwells on the deep parts of the world. Once every several centuries, this Pokemon surfaced, and blocked out the real sun, and covered the world in a total darkness. Not much else is known about it.
BST: HP:150/ATK:120/DEF:130/Sp.A:120/Sp.D:130/Spe:50= Total: 700
Signature Move: Black Sun Rising (Acc:- Power:- Target: Field PP:5)
Levitates the user until the user is switched out. For 5 turns, increase the power of Dark-type moves by 30%, and cuts all other pokemon's accuracy by 2 stages.

Will probably be fixed.

I would like to join! :D

[spoiler=Serpent Fakemon]

2rm6pg8.jpg

[/spoiler]

I don't have much on them yet beside their typing and appearance, but I plan them to be a part of the starters in the region I am currently working on. They are the only Pokemon I have for this region, and I truly don't have a name for it yet, lol, but I am planning on most of the Pokemon to be related to mythology, folklore, and legends. 

@Renko: Iunno. This one just... doesn't seem that much like a Pokemon to me. Maybe it's the appearance or the very complex nature of both the ability and the signature move, but something just seems off to me.

@Vigilante: Although I like the drawings, I'd appreciate a bit more written information before I can let you join. :3

So what if the bicycle turns out to be a Pokemon?

Name: Pedamorph
Species: Bicycle
Typing: Ground/Steel
Abilities: Zen Mode/Light Metal
Appearance: It's a bicycle at first, but when it's health is low, it folds out. In this form, it's entire body is composed of the metal tube that it was made out of, it's head is the seat with the reflectors as its eyes, and the handle bars are its ears. It's legs are the wheels.
Pokédex Entry: Believed to be the spreading curse of the world's bike shop, when this man-made contraption is not treated well by its rider, it folds out into its stand-up form and attacks. The rider is then subject to proving his/her bond with it by catching it in a Pokeball, where if successful, the rider can bring it out and ride it as he/she pleases. If not, it wanders into the wild, waiting to strike another unwary traveler.
BST: HP:100 ATK:50 DEF:80 Sp.A: 40 Sp.D: 70 Spe: 60 = Total: 300

Komodo Dragons that know Taekwondo, anyone?

Name: Dratial
Species: Yellow Belt
Typing: Dragon/Fighting
Abilities: Limber/Vital Spirit/Thick Fat (Hidden)
Evolution Line: Dratial --(Evolves at Level 36)--> Kokwon --(Evolves at Level 64 w/ Expert Belt)--> Taemodo
Appearance: A cute little lizard donning a fighting robe held together with a yellow belt. What more do you need?
Pokedex Entry: It scraps with other Fighting-type Pokemon such Machop to hone its skills. It shrugs off any blows it suffers in the pursuit of becoming stronger
BST: 100/50/40/31/33/36 = 300 BST

Name: Kokwon
Species: Red Belt
Typing: Dragon/Fighting
Abilities: Limber/Vital Spirit/Ice Harness (Hidden)
Evolution Line: Dratial --(Evolves at Level 36)--> Kokwon --(Evolves at Level 64 w/ Expert Belt)--> Taemodo
Appearance: Its eyes are more dragonic, and give off a look of pure venom, even if it doesn't mean to. Its tail is exposed from its fighting robe, and it wears a red belt instead of a yellow one. Not to mention that it's much beefier in the muscle department.
Pokedex Entry: Locking eyes with a wild Kokwon means it will instantly attack. It prefers to fight instinctively, and will never obey trainers that try to give it one order too many.
BST: 135/70/55/46/48/66 = 420 BST

Name: Taemodo
Species: Black Belt
Typing: Dragon/Fighting
Abilities: Limber/Vital Spirit/Ice Harness (Hidden)
Appearance: Aside from the obvious (bigger and stronger, black belt inside of red), there's only one key difference about Taemodo, and that's the sheer number of scales it has over its body, which completely cover it. Unlike its prevos, Taemodo bares its teeth quite often.
Pokedex Entry: With over 10,000 years of experience fighting other Pokemon, it can easily judge the strong from the weak. It bathes in molten lava when not practicing its martial arts, which stiffens the scales to resist the blows of the next fight it partakes in.
BST: 190/100/80/66/68/96 = 600 BST

@Admiral: Komodo Dragon + Taekwondo looks a bit random but it doesn't really matter as anything can be a Pokemon. When I read "Komodo" I instantly thought in a Dragon/Poison Pokemon.

Anyways, the Pokemon look awesome: I really like that high base HP and resistance to 1 of 3 status of your choice. Please consider Bulk Up and possibly Drain Punch in their movepool.

That's a good point: Drain Punch would look out of place on a taekwon Pokemon; but a kick version of it as signature move could be done for him for that Bulk Up + recovery combo.

Dragon Tail would fit this Pokemon too, to avoid being phazed out.

I was thinking that Magma Armor is not that good, and the Hidden Ability spot could be used for something better, because:

1. The moves that cause freeze have a low chance of doing so.

2. Most of those moves are Ice-type, and this Pokemon shouldn't be taking Ice attacks.

For instance, not sure if it would turn the Pokemon overpowered, but how about giving him Thick Fat? It compensates the weakness to Ice, gives him virtually a x4 resistance to Fire, keeps the Freeze immunity from the original Magma Armor AND gives immunity to Burn.

I thought on that too, and even one of my fake Pokemon has a similar ability, but the problem is that there are only a few of kick-based moves and most of them are Fight-type, the most important being Hi-Jump Kick, Low Kick and perhaps Blaze Kick; Mega Kick would hit hard too, but it's Normal-type. We would have to make a bunch of new kick moves with a wide array of types for such ability to be useful.

Archived