[FINISHED] Yu-Gi-Oh! Character Deck Tournament: The Reboot

Considering it's been some time and people have (hopefully) gotten over their boredom over this tournament, I decided it's about time we all participated in another where you play as your favorite characters from the anime/manga in a (for the most part) fair environment. If you are interested in joining, please read below.

How to Join

- Entires due by November 25th and deck lists due by November 27th.

- Post here first stating your YCM username and DN username. You may at this time also choose which character you would like to enter as.

- You may change your character any time before the deck deadline.

- When you have built a deck you see fit to use following the rules below, PM me the decklist for review and confirmation of its legality. (If you would like advice for your deck or help testing, just ask me) Make sure to include a list of the cards in your deck that are your character's for ease of process.

- You may change your deck as much as you wish before the deck deadline, but once the deadline comes around you must show me your most recent deck list and you may not change it without penalty.

The Rules:

- These will be double elimination matches on Dueling Network following Advanced Format.

- Only two people can play as each character in the tournament, one being the "alter ego".

- At least 16 of the cards in your deck must be cards your character has played, including copies, in their Main Deck from the anime or manga. Some characters may require more or less. Links are provided below to lists of cards characters have used.

- Mystical Space Typhoon, Dark Hole, and Limiter Removal are excluded from counting as "character cards".

- Stick to your character's cards as the focus for the deck as much as possible. It is okay to have secondary engines or to play the deck different from the character, but the non-character cards in your deck should not operate exclusively without your Character cards or build the deck in a way where character cards are only fodder. (Ex. You should not be running a Mermail deck with some of Shark's cards, or using a Laval deck with some of Jack's cards in it.)

- You are allowed a side deck consisting of no more than 10 cards your Character doesn't use, in addition to any number of cards they do use, and you can never side out to have less Character cards in your deck than the minimum for your character.

- The Extra Deck may include only FOUR cards not in the character's Extra Deck unless otherwise stated, including copies. Of these 4, only 2 may be the same card. (IE, you can have 2 Maestroke, 1 Utopia, and 1 Gagaga Cowboy, but not 2 Maestroke and 2 Utopia or 3 Maestroke and 1 Utopia)

- You must use AT LEAST 2 of each Monsters, Spells, and Traps your character used. IE, you cannot just use 21 of their monsters. Certain characters do not apply.

Example off the base for a Character deck. The remaining open slots can be any other cards within the guidelines, whether or not the character used them.

Cards currently  banned from use:

Black Luster Soldier – Envoy of the Beginning

"Dragon Ruler cards"

Elemental HERO Absolute Zero

Elemental HERO The Shining

Evolzar Laggia

Exodia the Forbidden One

Number 11: Big Eye

Chain Material

Machina Fortress

Archlord Kristya

Lightpulsar Dragon

Sixth Sense

The following cards are limited:

Power Bond

Gear Gigant X

Characters who are currently banned from use:

Anyone without at least a large enough card pool to use 21 of their cards in the main deck.

Yusei Fudo

Paradox

Crow Hogan

Kyosuke Kiryu

Bruno

Any other characters from ZeXal

The following characters are playable. They are linked with the cards you can use for them

Yugi Muto

Seto Kaiba (Need 21 Character cards)

Mai Valentine (May use one of each Harpie Lady #1, 2, 3 as Character cards. Only 3 Extra Deck cards not theirs)

Chazz Princeton (21 Character cards)

Syrus Truesdale (21 Character cards)

Atticus Rhodes (Can use Metalmorph as a character card)

Jack Atlas (21 Character cards. Stardust counts as a Character card. Only 3 Extra Deck cards not theirs)

Velian Crowler (Only need 1 trap)

Austin O'Brein (Volcanic Recharge is a character card. Only need 1 trap)

Akiza Izinski (21 Character cards.)

Sayer (Psychic Lifetrancer is a Character card)

Carly Carmine (Only need 1 trap)

Rua (21 Character cards. Only 3 Extra Deck cards not theirs)

Tron (21 Character cards. Only 2 Extra Deck cards not theirs. Numbers Owned are Character cards)

Shark (21 Character cards. Only 2 Extra Deck cards not theirs)

Jesse Anderson (Need 21 Character cards. Crystal Raigeki and Crystal Blessings count as character cards)

Tyranno Hassleberry

Zane (Need 21 Character cards)

Gauche (21 Character cards. Only 3 Extra Deck cards not theirs)

Aporia (Just Aporia's deck. Need 18 Character cards)

Dextra

Aster Phoenix (Need 21 Character cards)

Titan (Savage Colosseum is a character card)

Adrian Gecko

Quattro (21 Character cards. Only 2 Extra Deck cards not theirs)

Reggie MacKenzie (No "Agent" cards)

Jaden Yuki (21 Character cards, only 2 Extra Deck cards not theirs)

Kaze

Dragan

Reginald Van Howell

Misty Tredwell (Do not need traps)
Vector (Includes Dr. Faker's cards)

Entrants

Name/DN username/Character/Deck accepted

Dem the Dragophile/StrikeOfTheChampion/Tron/Yes

GLaDOS/YRPOtaku169/Mai/No

Vlaine/Vlaine-bateryman-/Yes

Bringerofcake/Bringerofcake/Shark/Yes

Venoshock Voltex/Frex/Aporia/Yes

TFMegamanlan/Nexucon Prime/Jesse Anderson/No

kanokarob/kanokarob/Misty/Yes

Deathsdelano/Deathsdelano/Chazz/Yes

D.A./SightlessReality/Carly Carmine/Yes

BailasGale/BailasGale/Reggie/Yes

Brackets

chartour3.png

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

But...other than Phantasmal...Mai doesn't HAVE an Extra Deck...

You mean to tell me I can only use THREE EXTRA DECK MONSTERS?!?

This is a tournament about using your character's cards to win, not using cards that just so happen to use your character cards as fodder. People have done very well as Mai in the past. Also, updated the first post with all of the entrants.

This is a tournament about using your character's cards to win, not using cards that just so happen to use your character cards as fodder. People have done very well as Mai in the past. Also, updated the first post with all of the entrants.

I'm screwed.
There is so much Harpie support out there that Mai never used.

[quote]But...other than Phantasmal...Mai doesn't HAVE an Extra Deck...

You mean to tell me I can only use THREE EXTRA DECK MONSTERS?!?[/quote]

The deck is actually more ridiculous then you think, the reason for mai having a limited ED is from when Supreme and I tested the deck. It does alot of shenanigans with the extra deck[if you know what you are doing anyways]

Deathsdelano here and there. Picking Chazz, and sending the decklist now.

Archived