Anime and Sometimes Manga Club

Nicο

Thanks for the heads up, YCM Waifu. If you get ahead and think it is worth my time then let me know. I'll probasbly read the manga if I do since I'm also not too great with older animation. Might just be put onto the list until next year though. Next year I'll likely make my resolution to read more manga.

Also, Agro's accepted. I can do that, right?

And in other news I am very close to being done with Fate/Zero. It is...way way better than Fate/Stay Night. Normally that's not saying much but it is really damn good.

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, you can. I never really updated with you being the co-host because I don't remember you replying to the question, but if you're fine with it then yeah. Since it seems like you are, I'll do that.

Okay... finished Chobits... for the most part I still feel the same way, though despite those "typical ecchi situations" the real love was all mostly a huge heaping pile of innocence. Even though as you can imagine a good part of it is human and persocom (there is still some that doesn't directly involve persocoms, though). Another good part of it was family love, which also still isn't just about living beings, but it still pulls together okay, that kind of thing is why I love Clannad so much. I was about to question some of the things that happened but it ended up with answers I could personally buy. Not too much though, but overall. I can still say it was just okay for the most part, but it was still a very interesting experience now that I know about the whole declining birth rate thing.

Display Name/nickname you want: Syo Kurusu

Favorite Anime: Uta no Prince sama (in my weeabo days)

Favorite Manga: Yotsuba (in my weeabo days)

Favorite Character: Hiroomi Nase

Anything else worth mentioning?: I'm a noob singer, utau user, and voice actor lol

This right here is some great taste. Welcome to da club.

Yeah, you can. I never really updated with you being the co-host because I don't remember you replying to the question, but if you're fine with it then yeah. Since it seems like you are, I'll do that.

Yes. This much closer to being your boyfri-*shot.*

Okay... finished Chobits... for the most part I still feel the same way, though despite those "typical ecchi situations" the real love was all mostly a huge heaping pile of innocence. Even though as you can imagine a good part of it is human and persocom (there is still some that doesn't directly involve persocoms, though). Another good part of it was family love, which also still isn't just about living beings, but it still pulls together okay, that kind of thing is why I love Clannad so much. I was about to question some of the things that happened but it ended up with answers I could personally buy. Not too much though, but overall. I can still say it was just okay for the most part, but it was still a very interesting experience now that I know about the whole declining birth rate thing.

I suppose I'll pass on it then. Thanks.

So I'm thinking my favorite of this season is going to be No Game No Life. Only problem is that it's not the type of anime to really wait a week for. Much better for binge watching if you ask me. Second is likely Chaika-Coffin Princess. At this point I've pretty much dropped Irregular and Black Bullet. Captain Earth is the only other thing I can recall keeping up with and only barely. Lot more eh than I'd thought it'd be.

Yeah, I really need to watch No Game No Life. I already broke the number of shows I was going to watch by watching Is the Order a Rabbit? And although it's very cute, it spends practically no time in school, and the setting is also different in the sense that it cannot be in Japan, it isn't really something that does anything. So I wonder why I like it think I can watch one more. 

Of what I've already started and know, Mekakucity Actors would probably be my favorite of the season. I've been dropping things the past few seasons because I started being smart and stop watching what I really don't like mostly, but as I've already said, I don't think I have to this season. Unless some really dumb ending(s) make me wish I had. I can make a complete list from what I like most to least and it won't be that long, and I don't dislike any of them.

Edited list #2 

1. Mekakucity Actors
2. No Game No Life
3. Haikyuu!!
4. JoJo's Bizzare Adventure: Stardust Crusaders
5. Dragonar Academy
6. Love Live! School Idol Project 2nd Season
7. Mangaka-san to Assistant-san to
8. Is the Order a Rabbit?
9. Inugami-san to Nekoyama-san
10. One Week Friends

That Chaika thingie too though. If Outbreak Company's author is behind it, I feel it's worth a look, but from the trailer, the character design doesn't seem to mesh to well with the backgrounds imo, and especially the girl's colors.

Oh yay, activity. Anyways, my rankings for the season(Strangely enough I'm actually not  following a lot of shows this season, shame on me).

1. GochuSagi: THIS s*** IS AMAZING. AMAZIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIING. IT'S LIKE NON NON BIYORI ALL OVER AGAIN.

2. Ping Pong: THIS s*** IS ALSO AMAZING. AMAZIIIIIIIIIIIING. I'M SMILING.

3. Haikyuu: ALSO AMAZIIIIIING. Smooth-ass animation, good OP/EDs, and so far it's fun. I just hope the pacing doesn't become tedious later on.

4. Isshuukan Friends: Muh feels probably ain't survivin' dis s***. T'is gud.

4. Bokura wa Minna Kawaisou: As much as the main couple annoys the hell out of me, this is fun to see. Ties with Isshukan.

5. Atelier Eschatology: Oh god yes this is everything I wanted from an Atelier anime.

6. Chaika: The BONES anime that I have hopes in. So far so good, hope we don't get romance though, as delicious of a loli as Chaika is.

7. Mekakucity Actors: Enjoying it well, I want more Ene.

8. Kenzen Robo Daimidaler: After a great first episode, the next two were kinda boring, but the fourth episode revived my hopes. Oppai.

9. Captain Earth: Ehhh, could be good later on, but my excitement is on the other BONES anime.

10. JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders: Already read the manga, pretty much just following for Sun and D'Arby.

The rest I've either dropped or didn't have time to follow. I know, short list, forgive me, I usually follow a lot more...

That Chaika thingie too though. If Outbreak Company's author is behind it, I feel it's worth a look, but from the trailer, the character design doesn't seem to mesh to well with the backgrounds imo, and especially the girl's colors.

Chaika's fun, should try it out. It's pretty much the usual shounen fantasy, but so far it's well-done.

1. GochuSagi: THIS s*** IS AMAZING. AMAZIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIING. IT'S LIKE NON NON BIYORI ALL OVER AGAIN.

Ah, you can compare it to a lot of soLs really, and the reason why I am not enjoying it nearly as much might be because it just feels like a worse K-On! to me, especially with dat Cocoa. You can't tell me you can't see it, it some way... I wish I could feel "IT'S LIKE NON NON BIYORI ALL OVER AGAIN." I guess it does try in terms of it's setting though, like Non Non Biyori. I can never give it enough props for that. I think I'm being too hard on it because there is no way it's equal to a 5 min anime despite it being a yuri short. So I'll edit that.

I dropped C3-bu 4 eps in. I thought it would be more fun than that, and my other forum has had the admin put it up as an "inspirational" anime, but I can't see either of those 2 points much. Felt way too boring to me. It's funny because I did view the preview of the 5th ep, and it was a fanservice episode, and I still decided to drop it. Funny because it's the kind of thing to likely not feel too in your face about it I guess. Maybe I shouldn't have explained that. 

With that last episode Chaika got a bit into the "Incest but not really because turns out they're just childhood friends" but I really don't find myself caring because the two's relationship is just really awesome and pretty funny. The ending of the episode was amazing sort of dumb though. I'm really liking the action though. The characters have things thought out. Strategy, hell yeah.

No Game No Life has been my fave so far. I just lose it when watching the show. And, honestly, I like the palette.

Mekakucity Actors is apparently the show of the season I absolutely should watch. I've been meaning to and will get to it soon.

Edit:

Forgot to mention that on Friday I checked out another new anime. Called Sidonia no Kisha. It has a ton of similarities to Attack on Titan but I actually sort of liked it. This is something that might want to be checked out if now just for it's animation. Lots of 3D Models. Not just the mechs or enemies. Even characters. And it doesn't actually look too bad.

So, I still need to get to episode 4, which I probably will very soon, but No Game No Life jumps straight to at least my second favorite. JoJo reference and that chess match, especially the speech(s) to raise the moral and stuff probs my favorite parts. Palette, is to die for actually pretty good too.

Ever since episode 2 Mekakucity Actors has been kind of like a musical, but actually good, because anime, only one song near the end per ep, not spontaneous or loud, like, people do talk over it pretty much every episode. Oh yeah, and it's not like anybody suddenly gets the idea to sing at that exact time. That doesn't happen. It just has inserts a lot. But I guess I already covered that with the whole not spontaneous thing. So yeah, it isn't like a musical after all.

But yeah. I'm still wearing Ene because adorbs, short name, etc, but Shintaro is my favorite for being Ene's master an otaku neet hikkikomori, why am I saying this goes with Kayura, Nags, and that guy from Outbreak Company for otakus who are for some reason some of my favorite characters. 

Ah, yeah. That Sidonia thing. Right, the 3D is the only thing actually tempting me to try it out, cause of my not being such a mech guy. 

So, I still need to get to episode 4, which I probably will very soon, but No Game No Life jumps straight to at least my second favorite. JoJo reference and that chess match, especially the speech(s) to raise the moral and stuff probs my favorite parts. Palette, is to die for actually pretty good too.

People were hyped about the game of rock-paper-scissors. That chess match should have made their brains explode. Finally, somebody who agrees with me about the palette. We're destined for eachother.

Ever since episode 2 Mekakucity Actors has been kind of like a musical

Sudden loss of interest.

, but actually good, because anime, only one song near the end per ep, not spontaneous or loud, like, people do talk over it pretty much every episode. Oh yeah, and it's not like anybody suddenly gets the idea to sing at that exact time. That doesn't happen. It just has inserts a lot. But I guess I already covered that with the whole not spontaneous thing. So yeah, it isn't like a musical after all.

Well if you are saying good things about it then I'll definitely make sure to check it out. Raine's the one who highly recommended it but he also loves Guilty Crown so...

But yeah. I'm still wearing Ene because adorbs, Suits you short name, etc, but Shintaro is my favorite for being Ene's master an otaku neet hikkikomori, why am I saying this goes with Kayura, Nags, and that guy from Outbreak Company for otakus who are for some reason some of my favorite characters.

I'm not surprised you'd like that type.

Ah, yeah. That Sidonia thing. Right, the 3D is the only thing actually tempting me to try it out, cause of my not being such a mech guy. 

It should really be checked out just for the animation. I'm interested to see how this fairs and what it may say about the future of anime. It really does look pretty solid and if it popularizes a bit I wouldn't actually mind.

Well if you are saying good things about it then I'll definitely make sure to check it out. Raine's the one who highly recommended it but he also loves Guilty Crown so...

Yeah I like the whole. Um. Way they deal with the introductions and I well, uh... my brain thinks it's too tired to function so I'll just go to bed.

I'm glad I started checking out the airing stuff after Guilty Crown aired though, yeah... I mean, I have heard a lot of bad things about it, and the only good things, literally, did come from Raine from statuses that I just saw and kind of facepalmed because he's trying to explain that the MC is a good character because of his faults, if he has so many it just seems like there is no way. Um yeah. so... night.

But yeah. I'm still wearing Ene because adorbs, short name, etc, but Shintaro is my favorite for being Ene's master an otaku neet hikkikomori, why am I saying this goes with Kayura, Nags, and that guy from Outbreak Company for otakus who are for some reason some of my favorite characters. 

I'm hoping to see more of her, cause the fact that she's only been in episode 1 so far is not very pleasing.

Though I don't really mind, cause Kido is a good alternative. <3

Beyond that, Mekaku's art is a hoot, especially in the latest episode. F*cking Steins;Gate/Madoka sh*t going on.

I'm hoping to see more of her, cause the fact that she's only been in episode 1 so far is not very pleasing.

Though I don't really mind, cause Kido is a good alternative. <3

Beyond that, Mekaku's art is a hoot, especially in the latest episode. F*cking Steins;Gate/Madoka sh*t going on.

They may not all have joined up yet, but considering all of the Mekakushi Dan has been introduced, it isn't very likely she won't be in the next episode, and there is still her past to deal with. They actually dealt with Hibiya & Konoha's intros before Ene's past, which I guess due to already knowing the characters, I'm getting more out of seeing them earlier than the manga did.

Well actually, it's more like a faithful adaption of when each song came out this way. but regardless, now, she pretty much has to appear, so that will be sweet.

And yeah, the art. I know I keep mentioning it, but that glimpse of it, like the latest ep I mean, we got in ep 14 Nisekoi is just so great, only Shaft man. I'm not really a fan of them, but only Shaft.

I haven't actually been all that impressed by Shaft most of the time, but because there is still a lot of the way the PV's for the original songs' artstyle is in there, omgggg, it blends so well with the extra bits they're doing, like the only 1 I truly love.

Kyoani. In terms of the art, I do find Haruhi, K-on, and maybe the key works somewhat similar, but then they've got Lucky Star, Hyouka and Nichijou, all what seems to be quite different. Doesn't mean they don't do well every time, with the art and animation, at least. Well, I'm not sure any other studio has a similar enough theme to their style, so Kyoani's probably my favorite too.

Chuunibyou, Tamako Market, Free!, Hyouka, K-On and Kyoukai no Kanata have very similar art styles.

Heck, Mitsuki Nase is pretty much Mio, but with red eyes.

Oh yeah, I forgot some.

But yeah... I feel like saying all of those are that similar is more to do with just the character designs, not necessarily the little things they do, like Chuunibyo's kind of outlining differently, or the backgrounds which can seem more different at times, like I don't know quite how, but I kind of feel that Hyouka is. Even the tone of color feels so different I guess that I just couldn't think it was all that similar when it kind of was, you are right. 

The other ones do seem to be more similar for sure, though.

Yeah. Just because the artwork design of the characters is similar, it doesn't mean KyoAni can't produce original, quality, beautiful scenery. And their animations are very sharp, I really liked the fights on Kyoukai no Kanata.

The only Shaft anime I've seen before Mekaku is Madoka. I feel so behind. ;_;

Though I'm kinda underwhelmed by the lack of mention of If Her Flag Breaks. From what I've seen, it's comedy keeps me entertained, but it's dark twist keeps me interested.

That and Inugami and Nekoyama. This one is so jam packed with Yuri fan service, it's fitting that they had to make it a short. I love my shorts.

Kanojo ga Flag is interesting, though for some reason it doesn't strike me as amazing. There are a lot of clichés (incest reference, trap, reverse trap, typical tsundere) but I like how it mixes a dark twist to a harem anime.

Yeah. Just because the artwork design of the characters is similar, it doesn't mean KyoAni can't produce original, quality, beautiful scenery. And their animations are very sharp, I really liked the fights on Kyoukai no Kanata.

I'll admit I was pretty bored with Kyoukai no Kanata, but I do believe KyoAni does action well, should come in handy more often, hopefully.

The only Shaft anime I've seen before Mekaku is Madoka. I feel so behind. ;_;

Though I'm kinda underwhelmed by the lack of mention of If Her Flag Breaks. From what I've seen, it's comedy keeps me entertained, but it's dark twist keeps me interested.

That and . This one is so jam packed with Yuri fan service, it's fitting that they had to make it a short. I love my shorts.

If Her Flag Breaks, well, I was pretty interested before they revealed any of the anime visuals, but as it doesn't strike my fancy, I passed. 

Inugami and Nekoyama, yes. I did list it last page. Admittedly very low, but what can you do when shorts don't give you much to talk about. Still awesome. 

Archived