Anime and Sometimes Manga Club

Nicο

Holy moly Desperado is in this club

Display Name/nickname you want: Toshino Kyoko, but there's also Hina

Link to anime/manga list: http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Bidoofmydoof Here's a very outdated list

Favorite Anime: Gosick, NHK ni Youkoso!, Shiki, Serial Experiment Lain

Favorite Manga: Pandora Hearts, Kanaete Aizen

Favorite Character: Victorique, Ichimaru Gin, Sunako Kirishiki, Charles zi Britannia's warm, loving smile

Anything else worth mentioning?: Don't call me a shameful fujoshi, please.

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Holy moly Desperado is in this club

Display Name/nickname you want: Toshino Kyoko, but there's also Hina

Link to anime/manga list: http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Bidoofmydoof Here's a very outdated list

Favorite Anime: Gosick, NHK ni Youkoso!, Shiki, Serial Experiment Lain

Favorite Manga: Pandora Hearts, Kanaete Aizen

Favorite Character: Victorique, Ichimaru Gin, Sunako Kirishiki, Charles zi Britannia's warm, loving smile

Anything else worth mentioning?: Don't call me a shameful fujoshi, please.

Accepted.

So it looks like I'm still gonna be behind on my things, probably after winter anime even starts, didn't really get to anything for the last 2 days. On the last episode of Beyond the Boundary, but only found that to end up being okay.

On a random note, I started watching Non Non Biyori...and I wish I followed it since it aired. Got to episode 8, and if back while the season was ongoing this would've been one of my AOTS for sure. This is downright amazing, holy shit.

Now I'm a petty person, I don't like switching subs, so I'm sticking with FFF who did it up to episode 8 instead of just watching the rest of the already-finished show with another subber. I sure hope FFF finishes it soon...

Still behind, Non Non Biyori included (wish I hadn't made the mistake of starting so many shows after a slower, peaceful summer), at... episode 8. No idea when I'll finish though.

And it's currently tied for my second favorite of the fall season along with Nagi no Asukara, which I haven't caught up with, either.

Beyond the Boundary stayed okay, Refrain stayed amazing, probably up to finishing Outbreak Company next (was hilarious how they specifically planned for a movie they worked so hard on to be shelved xD). Went over board and watched 28 episodes yesterday though, finishing Chihayafuru's second season + OVA in just 2 days (new record). This thing needs a third season. As does Non Non Biyor-

I suppose I should worry about a second season first.

Still behind, Non Non Biyori included (wish I hadn't made the mistake of starting so many shows after a slower, peaceful summer), at... episode 8. No idea when I'll finish though.

And it's currently tied for my second favorite of the fall season along with Nagi no Asukara, which I haven't caught up with, either.

Beyond the Boundary stayed okay, Refrain stayed amazing, probably up to finishing Outbreak Company next (was hilarious how they specifically planned for a movie they worked so hard on to be shelved xD). Went over board and watched 28 episodes yesterday though, finishing Chihayafuru's second season + OVA in just 2 days (new record). This thing needs a third season. As does Non Non Biyor-

I suppose I should worry about a second season first.

Catch up to Nagi. Shit got real in the latest episode. Realer than it already is.

I kinda dropped Boundary, been wondering if I should bother catching up to the ending just so that's another show not in my backlog. Outbreak ended nicely but not greatly, just an almost satisfactory ending that leaves the possibility for another season up in the air. Chihaya I do kinda need to watch though, Karuta's fun, yet I've never seen this, something is wrong.

I sure as hell hope Non Non gets another season. This right here would've joined Kaikimonogatari in brightening up my entire week and helping me survive through five days of studying and stuff, and I'd definitely be following season 2.

Catch up to Nagi. Shit got real in the latest episode. Realer than it already is.

I kinda dropped Boundary, been wondering if I should bother catching up to the ending just so that's another show not in my backlog. Outbreak ended nicely but not greatly, just an almost satisfactory ending that leaves the possibility for another season up in the air. Chihaya I do kinda need to watch though, Karuta's fun, yet I've never seen this, something is wrong.

I sure as hell hope Non Non gets another season. This right here would've joined Kaikimonogatari in brightening up my entire week and helping me survive through five days of studying and stuff, and I'd definitely be following season 2.

Actually, Boundary, since you haven't finished it, I would say isn't worth the effort unless a satisfactory sequel comes along, because the ending reeked of needing explanations, but I did find it okay. I just know I need to catch up with things, especially Nagi, but since I'm so far behind it'll depend more on my/my brother's mood as to what I watch.

watched 28 episodes yesterday though

How can you watch that much in one day. That's impossible, I don't even

By about 3/4 of the season (when I took a break of watching most things) I wasn't really sure of any of my favorites except my top favorite, and I still really need to get into reading the manga for that (Magi).

Now that I've finished Freezing Vibration I know that's my second fav of the season. The feels on that last episode, man! It literally made me cry! (note that I'm not mocking Michiru when I say "literally", I think she's actually really cute)

Since I'm back on an actual keyboard, time for an update:

I finished Arpeggio of Blue Steel (or at least the first season of it, hopefully.) I don't know about you guys, but I enjoyed every minute of it. Every character is lovable, even Kongou, the main antagonist. The animation really fits the action sequences and made everything look much more epic. As far as Gunzo, the main protagonist... he's not too bad for a prodigy. Seeing how he was able to command a ship relatively monstrous to him and take out several other ships relatively larger than the ship the way he did just gives me goosebumps.

I'm debating whether or not to watch the season finale of Log Horizon. There's nothing stopping me, but I just couldn't get myself to watch it on my phone while I was away.

Looking forward to what the new anime season has to offer on Crunchyroll. Hopefully some new shows will debut soon.

B)

Since I'm back on an actual keyboard, time for an update:

I finished Arpeggio of Blue Steel (or at least the first season of it, hopefully.) I don't know about you guys, but I enjoyed every minute of it. Every character is lovable, even Kongou, the main antagonist. The animation really fits the action sequences and made everything look much more epic. As far as Gunzo, the main protagonist... he's not too bad for a prodigy. Seeing how he was able to command a ship relatively monstrous to him and take out several other ships relatively larger than the ship the way he did just gives me goosebumps.

Looking forward to what the new anime season has to offer on Crunchyroll. Hopefully some new shows will debut soon.

I almost didn't like Kongou throughout the entire show. I pretty much warmed up to her on the last episode, so that doesn't feel like the show made great progress in terms of antag likability for me, but everyone else sure was lovable. And hey, it's action was amazing. That Maya reveal too man, I feel stupid for not predicting some things sometimes and that was kind of one of them.

As for Crunchyroll, yeah they will, earliest looks to be in 2 days. Though looking at what they've already announced for Winter, really only Saki, The Pilots Love Song, and Seitokai Yakuindomo (watching the first season now and strangely enough, I can compare it to Ixion Saga DT the most due to the sheer number of dirty jokes... though like DT, I find it very funny) I am pretty interested in. Which is good but that isn't even all of it yet.

One episode is around 24 minutes, but for convenience's sake, let's assume one episode is exactly 30 minutes. In which case, 2 episodes would be one hour, or 1/24th of the day. 28 episodes boil down to 14 hours, which is pretty possible for a day actually. I watched Bokurano, a 24-ish episode animu, I started at just before lunch, and I finished the anime at almost midnight of the same day. Bad mistake cuz my feels and I pretty much cried, but point is it's pretty possible and not that hard.

And that show has a Michiru? Guess I'll find time to watch it then.

One episode is around 24 minutes, but for convenience's sake, let's assume one episode is exactly 30 minutes. In which case, 2 episodes would be one hour, or 1/24th of the day. 28 episodes boil down to 14 hours, which is pretty possible for a day actually. I watched Bokurano, a 24-ish episode animu, I started at just before lunch, and I finished the anime at almost midnight of the same day. Bad mistake cuz my feels and I pretty much cried, but point is it's pretty possible and not that hard.

If you skip the OP/ED it's closer to 20 minutes, so you'd end up with approx 9 hours and 20 minutes, probably a bit more.

I know it's possible but I can't really think of actually doing it. It's so much in one day.

No, not really. I just meant the Michiru in your name because one of the last thing she said (as far as I got, anyway. I was actually planning on playing a bit more now.) included the word "literally". So, in that, I was actually trying to let you know that I wasn't mocking her.

EDIT: I know what the word means it just doesn't seem like a very used word. Although it should feel like one, especially after this (since it was used by someone else).

Display Name/nickname you want: Kami Remo will do

Link to anime/manga list: (Only applies if you have an online list such as Myanimelist or Anilist and would like to share, because quite frankly, it would be a hassle to keep updating this front post): I haven't updated it in a while, like since back when SAO was airing

Favorite Anime: Ghost in the Shell (only recently finished SAC/2ndGig and the movies so this is definitely biased). I also loved Daily Lives of High School Boys because it's so damn funny

Favorite Manga: Liar Game/Berserk/One Piece/Medaka box (I have a really big bias to what I've read recently too xD)

Favorite Character: Ajimu from Medaka Box, because she rapes the Fourth Wall

Anything else worth mentioning?: I loves me the anime, but I generally avoid slice of life stuff. But I'm not averse to trying it out if I hear it's really good.

I know it's possible but I can't really think of actually doing it. It's so much in one day.

No, not really. I just meant the Michiru in your name because one of the last thing she said (as far as I got, anyway. I was actually planning on playing a bit more now.) included the word "literally". So, in that, I was actually trying to let you know that I wasn't mocking her.

EDIT: I know what the word means it just doesn't seem like a very used word. Although it should feel like one, especially after this (since it was used by someone else).

Why does it matter I mean what are you even saying right now.

Well yeah, It's definitely possibly but for the most part it comes down to if your busy or not, of course. Though especially for me I'd have to be really bored when not watching and really not feel like doing anything else.

Display Name/nickname you want: Kami Remo will do

Link to anime/manga list: (Only applies if you have an online list such as Myanimelist or Anilist and would like to share, because quite frankly, it would be a hassle to keep updating this front post): I haven't updated it in a while, like since back when SAO was airing

Favorite Anime: Ghost in the Shell (only recently finished SAC/2ndGig and the movies so this is definitely biased). I also loved Daily Lives of High School Boys because it's so damn funny

Favorite Manga: Liar Game/Berserk/One Piece/Medaka box (I have a really big bias to what I've read recently too xD)

Favorite Character: Ajimu from Medaka Box, because she rapes the Fourth Wall

Anything else worth mentioning?: I loves me the anime, but I generally avoid slice of life stuff. But I'm not averse to trying it out if I hear it's really good.

Accepted.

Why does it matter I mean what are you even saying right now.

Well yeah, It's definitely possibly but for the most part it comes down to if your busy or not, of course. Though especially for me I'd have to be really bored when not watching and really not feel like doing anything else.

Was that a question (there was no question mark)? You answered it yourself anyway, with the fact that it comes down to if you're busy or down right just don't feel like doing anything else.

And Michiru, I just remembered a manga I'm reading that has a Michiru in it, Nagasarete Airantou. I don't recommend if you can't take a lot of fan service, though, but if you can, it's actually really funny. Also, just trust me. I've never watched the anime myself but don't bother. You can easily infer it was made too soon when you consider the number of chapters the manga has and when the anime aired, so it's not as good.

But just another heads up, Michiru doesn't even appear right away and is easily forgotten by other characters (something they joke about). And I swear, she is the laziest person I have ever seen.

EDIT: Fixed "Magasarete" pfft. (I'm stupid)

Okay, so I'm staying pretty true to this year's new years resolution of watch more anime by starting to watch a few of the new anime of the season. So far they only have one episode but I've checked out Space Dandy, Noragami, Nobunagun, and Nobunaga the Fool. I'm noticing a few similarities between the last two but they're really just minor and are clearly two very different shows. For example, Nobunagun is probably much better. Seriously though, they both seem to have a Nobunaga based character as the main lead and have more characters with relevance to historical figures. But after that they're clearly different.

Nobunagi the Fool has a very very interesting premise. I just don't think it does anything very well but again this is an impression of the first episode and will probably not develop past that that. Although, "It was inevitable" may be the main character's catchphrase and I actually think that's awesome. Anyway, about the premise. There are two planets and both planets are based on the medieval times of Europe and Asia. Think when Europe had knights and Japan had samurais. Culture and living conditions (but then again they haven't shown a whole lot in terms of that so I don't know if TV turns out to be a thing or random plot device) are in those timelines but it gets kind of strange when you notice that there are mechas and spaceships. Fittingly enough, Europe has advanced more quickly than Japan and they have the spaceships that allowed them to make first contact. But then there's stuff about demons and prophecies and there's probably just way too much packed into a single episode and the first seven minutes are probably the best evidence of that.

Nobunagun is basically Shaman Warriors or whatever the name is except with an introverted possibly lesbian girl who loves guns and there's also hyper evolutionary monsters. Sorta weird when it comes to its animation and style but I liked it and the last few minutes got me pretty hyped.

I never actually got hyped for Space Dandy but it was still somewhat enjoyable. I'm probably going to continue to prefer Deep Space 69 over this.

Noragami was pretty much solid all around. Another fairly interesting premise. You got an up and starter god who wants more people to worship him. Sorta funny bits. Action seems solid. Yeah, I'm gonna keep following this.

Nobunagi the Fool has a very very interesting premise. I just don't think it does anything very well but again this is an impression of the first episode and will probably not develop past that that. Although, "It was inevitable" may be the main character's catchphrase and I actually think that's awesome. Anyway, about the premise. There are two planets and both planets are based on the medieval times of Europe and Asia. Think when Europe had knights and Japan had samurais. Culture and living conditions (but then again they haven't shown a whole lot in terms of that so I don't know if TV turns out to be a thing or random plot device) are in those timelines but it gets kind of strange when you notice that there are mechas and spaceships. Fittingly enough, Europe has advanced more quickly than Japan and they have the spaceships that allowed them to make first contact. But then there's stuff about demons and prophecies and there's probably just way too much packed into a single episode and the first seven minutes are probably the best evidence of that.

What I'm waiting for is the relevance of her being possessed by a demon. The prologue-esque dream at the beginning was obviously forshadowing Jeanne and Nobu's unity later in the episode, but I'm predicting some sort of uncontrollable power that will later "unleash" at the "right moment."

It's kinda weird though, because after seeing the first season of Fate/Zero, seeing two different versions of Joan of Arc is potentially brewing quite a bit of cross-overs.

But here's the thing. None of that is actually interesting because all of it is super obvious. Of course it's going to happen. Maybe I'm wrong and super interesting shit will actually go down but this is one of the oldest clichés. And the possession of the "demon" is already made relevant. The voices in her head telling her she needs to go to the Eastern Star and about the savior king and yadda yadda.

I don't expect all that much because I really don't expect people to give enough of a sh*t about Nobunaga the Fool to do that.

Okay, so I'm staying pretty true to this year's new years resolution of watch more anime by starting to watch a few of the new anime of the season. So far they only have one episode but I've checked out Space Dandy, Noragami, Nobunagun, and Nobunaga the Fool. I'm noticing a few similarities between the last two but they're really just minor and are clearly two very different shows. For example, Nobunagun is probably much better. Seriously though, they both seem to have a Nobunaga based character as the main lead and have more characters with relevance to historical figures. But after that they're clearly different.

Nobunagun is basically Shaman Warriors or whatever the name is except with an introverted possibly lesbian girl who loves guns and there's also hyper evolutionary monsters. Sorta weird when it comes to its animation and style but I liked it and the last few minutes got me pretty hyped.

I never actually got hyped for Space Dandy but it was still somewhat enjoyable. I'm probably going to continue to prefer Deep Space 69 over this.

Noragami was pretty much solid all around. Another fairly interesting premise. You got an up and starter god who wants more people to worship him. Sorta funny bits. Action seems solid. Yeah, I'm gonna keep following this.

Even after this, I still have zero interest in any of those anime. There is still the possibility of maybe a couple since we are still only going on what went down in the first episode, though. Unfortunately enough, I like yuri subtext enough to say that Saki has most of my interest so far. The Pilot's Love Song was greatly enjoyable for me too though. Wait action... I am bad at this, I found some things last season but I pretty much lost interest in anything starting this season with it. Because the girl looks cute, I may try out Mahou Sensou for action. Yes, I know, I am pretty stupid. But just going off that one visual, she's got a gun doesn't she? So yeah.

Well I'd like to throw out there that I just finished the new Jojo's Bizarre Adventures

waiting for part 3 is going to be hell since everyone says it's the best one ;_;

You said it...

Well I'd like to throw out there that I just finished the new Jojo's Bizarre Adventures

waiting for part 3 is going to be hell since everyone says it's the best one ;_;

Nope, personally, part 7 is THE best. Not starting a flamewar or anything, but part 7 was downright amazing. It's a horse race throughout the continent of America, and you have a deeper conspiracy involving the president of the United States, and then new stands, and a crippled Jojo, Zeppelli is back. It's amazing. Part 3's relevant for introducing stands as well as having Dio be a magnificent bastard, but I also feel Jotaro is the most plain of the Jojos.

Not that I'm not hyped for the Part 3 animu though. At least that's one show in spring 2014 I'm definitely following.

How can you refrain from mentioning the godliness of Speedwagon, regardless of his status?

I haven't tried anything new, so far. I'm just watching things that may be considered staples from earlier seasons. I also managed to get a nightmare reminiscent of Shiki over a year after actually finishing it even though it only scared me then and not now.

I haven't actually seen the anime that are just starting now. Or, rather haven't seen a list of them to remember what I want to watch.

But I have been watching Gundam Build Fighters on my 3DS (the quality is oddly decent) while talking to Armz on Skype 'cause he's also seen it. It's pretty cool because Reiji is actually a Ginga Bishonen and Ral is gorgeous.

I also have to mention Gundam Build Fighters probably has the best battle music I have ever heard. It's generally in the same genre as Eternal Sonata, but it's actually better at some points. It's definitely really good if you find good music to be an important part in your decision-making.

Speedwagon is great. He makes the most obvious of remarks so godly.

D-frag certainly is something though. I didn't laugh, but the first episode was funny enough that I was smiling the entire time watching and a few tears come out somehow.

Archived