Anime and Sometimes Manga Club

Nicο

So like, Tama-chan is totally best D-Frag, not that every other girl isn't also best, but Tama-chan andTakao are bestest.

Honestly, Kazuma is way ahead in my favs than the girls, he too retorty, makes... more then half the show, and is why it is so hilarious, imo. If I had to say though, Tama-chan is great for deciding to always twintails, but Kazuma's little sister made the biggest (girl) impact for me, and she didn't even appear in the episode after her debut. Well, she is pretty similar to her brother. and then there's Roka, the only other member of... either Game Creation Club I really think made a big impact to me, despite being so small. The one who would follow if I were to make a top 5 of the series would definitely be Takao, though. 

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone have any suggestions for Horror anime? I'm watching Shiki right now and I'm taking quite an interest in it.

I've also seen Another and Pupa, and I'm not sure if Mirai Nikki or Attack on Titan can be considered horror, but I've seen those as well.

Anyone have any suggestions for Horror anime? I'm watching Shiki right now and I'm taking quite an interest in it.

I've also seen Another and Pupa, and I'm not sure if Mirai Nikki or Attack on Titan can be considered horror, but I've seen those as well.

Boku no Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni(Watch to the end of the first episode to see the horror)

Boku no Denpa Teki na Kanojo(More of a mystery than a horror to be honest, but they set the environment really well)

Boku no Aoi Bungaku series(Never seen, highly acclaimed though)

Boku no Saya no Uta(Visual novel, but damn if it's good horror, also damn short though)

Boku no Jigoku Shoujo(Never seen, seen some commercials on it and got scared back when I was a kid, so go figure)

Boku no Berserk(Only counts as horror if you count, say, Attack on Titan as horror, which you do, what a coincidence!)

Boku no Bokurano(Mecha, but the tone's pretty sad and horror-ish when you think about it)

Boku no Narutaru(Same author as above, pretty dark and stuff)

Boku no Pico(If nothing else I recommend you start with this, pretty good example of horror :^) )

You're welcome

They're more "thrillers" than horror.

Boku no Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni(Watch to the end of the first episode to see the horror)

Boku no Denpa Teki na Kanojo(More of a mystery than a horror to be honest, but they set the environment really well)

Boku no Aoi Bungaku series(Never seen, highly acclaimed though)

Boku no Saya no Uta(Visual novel, but damn if it's good horror, also damn short though)

Boku no Jigoku Shoujo(Never seen, seen some commercials on it and got scared back when I was a kid, so go figure)

Boku no Berserk(Only counts as horror if you count, say, Attack on Titan as horror, which you do, what a coincidence!)

Boku no Bokurano(Mecha, but the tone's pretty sad and horror-ish when you think about it)

Boku no Narutaru(Same author as above, pretty dark and stuff)

Boku no Pico(If nothing else I recommend you start with this, pretty good example of horror :^) )

You're welcome

Just the first two words in each scare me because of how much the last anime on that list scares me.

Did anyone ever experience actual troll subs?

I know Girls und Panzer was kind of trolly with having a lot more German in the subs than there actually was, but there was a proper sub track too, but then whoever done episodes 1-6 of Tesagure! Bukatsumono used random English names when someone said Onee-san or plenty of other things, like mentioning Naruto and Bleach by name when no, they were just talking about certain things that happen in anime and manga, and none of those things could happen in those kinds of anime (Baseball, newspaper club, tennis, etc). It was kind of funny that they did but it was pretty dumb and I'm glad someone else done the latest 2.

Oh, and 

Just the first two words in each scare me because of how much the last anime on that list scares me.

I knew it! I feel the exact same way. I only read about it and saw not bad pics, but man, it sounds horrifying.

I know Girls und Panzer was kind of trolly with having a lot more German in the subs than there actually was, but there was a proper sub track too, but then whoever done episodes 1-6 of Tesagure! Bukatsumono used random English names when someone said Onee-san or plenty of other things, like mentioning Naruto and Bleach by name when no, they were just talking about certain things that happen in anime and manga, and none of those things could happen in those kinds of anime (Baseball, newspaper club, tennis, etc). It was kind of funny that they did but it was pretty dumb and I'm glad someone else done the latest 2.

Well, duwang comes to mind....

And the subs for Girls Und Panzer you're talking about is Commie. Damn, that german made my day, and week, and life.

As for troll subs for ongoing shows, DameDame for Log Horizon is one, and whatever DameDame does. DameDame, not DameDesuYo, that's a different group totally, just saying.

And the subs for Girls Und Panzer you're talking about is Commie. Damn, that german made my day, and week, and life.

Yeah. Pretty funny when I look back, and I could understand it anyway (mostly due to a decent amount of what I was actually hearing being things I could somehow understand, but I still don't really know much Japanese), but I ended up switching to the regular ones. I don't really go out of my way to watch troll subs, but they can be hilarious at times.

Once. Some anime named Element Hunters or something along those lines. Took forever until the actual subs were out. Ended up dropping it later anyway.

Oh, and 

I knew it! I feel the exact same way. I only read about it and saw not bad pics, but man, it sounds horrifying.

Kaka once tricked me into watching a scene with him...the sick fuck...

Just finished Shiki, and my expectations for any other vampire anime has been set pretty damn high.

EDIT: To-watch list:

FLCL

Medaka Box

Medaka Box: Abnormal

Fate/Stay night

Space Dandy

Sankarea: Undying Love

Chuunibyo

Uraboku (maybe)

Seira said this club will probably die soon, but I have something to say before it does, and what I say will make it less likely to keep this club open, so I shouldn't say it.

I know it's a little early to be talking about Summer, but since I was thinking about it, this club isn't very active and during our Summer event in the club this is somewhat a remake of, we didn't really do much discussing of the anime we watched. So there wasn't much of a reason to make it a club event.

It'd probably make more sense for any of us that want another anime to watch to just participate in the bi-annual YCM anime event that Fusion started and we can skip the event in this club this year (if that's okay with everyone).

Seira said this club will probably die soon, but I have something to say before it does, and what I say will make it less likely to keep this club open, so I shouldn't say it.

I know it's a little early to be talking about Summer, but since I was thinking about it, this club isn't very active and during our Summer event in the club this is somewhat a remake of, we didn't really do much discussing of the anime we watched. So there wasn't much of a reason to make it a club event.

It'd probably make more sense for any of us that want another anime to watch to just participate in the bi-annual YCM anime event that Fusion started and we can skip the event in this club this year (if that's okay with everyone).

...Summer event?

I remember the uh, bi-annual YCM anime event (blind recommending, reason enough to call it secret Santa anime edition in winter), but I'm drawing a blank with this. Maybe we only done it once. Maybe I was just forgetful when it comes to this.

Oh wait, it is similar to what we diid to watch Baka Test in the Akatsuki, I think. Only it was only a summer thing. It went on twice, but the second one was especially faily. I could just lock this myself since it really isn't doing so good now, but Desu won't join the anime club that would be the successful one so... he would only have the section and the other club that might sometimes talk about anime too. But since this isn't active anyway it probably isn't such a loss. Decisions, decisions.

...Summer event?

Oh wait, it is similar to what we diid to watch Baka Test in the Akatsuki, I think. Only it was only a summer thing. It went on twice, but the second one was especially faily. 

That sums it up, but I should note that it never actually happened in this club because it wasn't here long enough to have a Summer event. Like I said though, it did happen in the club this is a remake of, Desu's Anime Nation, but that club wasn't as active as Akatsuki either, so it's not a huge loss if Desu can only talk about anime in the section for it, in statuses and in PMs (on this site).

EDIT: I've changed my name again (name was Benio Yonomori). I didn't mention it right away because I felt like I should say more than just that when I make a post. I'll also take this opportunity to mention I'm probably going to be stealing using the name of anime characters from the current season from now on. Except for the beginning of the season, in which it will be a second character from the previous season.

You know, it would be pretty fun if two clubs with identically the same purpose existed just for the hell of it.

We could collaborate on club events.

...or we can go to war. Find an anime that nobody's seen amongst both clubs, and compete to see which club can share their input on the finished series first (all members participating for that club must post before they're considered the winners.)

Might as well join in -- but before that -- how do you format AnimeList so that looks like, say, like Aix'? Because if nothing else, I really like the format, and yet I can't somehow change mine.

(In the process of making my own, anyway.)

You need to use code. There's plenty online that other people have created for people to use and tutorials on how to use them as well.

I think I'm going to sacrifice my own personal taste for speed (both added to the DB and just plain when I open up my list) and just use MAL again. Eventually. 

Thar, that seems interesting. If we do it, we would need to figure out just how many are willing to participate, so we can try to make sure who is a member of both clubs gets equally divided, or it'll definitely not work out well. 

You know, it would be pretty fun if two clubs with identically the same purpose existed just for the hell of it.

It isn't.

We could collaborate on club events.

...or we can go to war. Find an anime that nobody's seen amongst both clubs, and compete to see which club can share their input on the finished series first (all members participating for that club must post before they're considered the winners.)

MY RESOLUTION WILL CRUSH THEM

I think I'm going to sacrifice my own personal taste for speed (both added to the DB and just plain when I open up my list) and just use MAL again. Eventually. 

Thar, that seems interesting. If we do it, we would need to figure out just how many are willing to participate, so we can try to make sure who is a member of both clubs gets equally divided, or it'll definitely not work out well. 

I'd honestly pass if I was working much seeing as how that'd just be too much of a disadvantage. Next week is Spring Break for me though~

• 2 weeks later...

First impressions for Spring 2014:

Majin Bone: Nothing too impressive, but willing to continue it. Can't say I care for half the characters either, but hoping for some development.

Chances of dropping - High

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: I feel like a man watching this. Everyone's four times the muscle volume of normal humans, and Dio is one badass motherf*cker.

Chances of dropping - Low

Blade and Soul: Feels a lot like watching an Assassin's Creed show, only better because it's an anime. Pretty solid, imo, though they could've let that one antagonist live. It's a shame... I liked him.

Chances of dropping - Medium

La Corda D'Oro (Blue Sky): Can't say I've seen that many reverse harems, but considering I'm a sucker for classical, seeing the characters play musical instruments is a pretty refreshing theme compared to most action flicks I've been watching.

Chances of Dropping - Medium

The Irregular at Magic High School: The title alone made me hesitate to give it a try, but it was actually better than I expected. I also heard it was made by the same people who made Mahou Magica. Redemption, perhaps?

The Files of Young Kindaichi Returns: There's a prequel to this? Figured so, since it was pretty f*cking cool. I haven't seen that many mystery animes, but this should turn out to be awesome.

Chances of Dropping - Low

The World is Still Beautiful: I got a Spice and Wolf vibe from this. Not necessarily in a better way, but can't say I hate it right now. I'm actually pretty curious as to who this Sun King is and how he plans to treat Nike. Chances of Dropping - High

Captain Earth: I just hope every episode doesn't have a Mech assembly like that. Otherwise, there'd be little room for anything interesting to happen. Again, can't say I'll like it but can't say I won't. I'll check it out further just to clarify this.

The Kawaii Complex Guide to Manors and Hostel Behavior: HAREM ANIME ALERT... though not a very promising one. Not as funny as I thought it'd be, but I'll see if it gets any better.

Brynildr in the Darkness: Same creators as Elfen Lied, so I'm expecting this to get pretty dark. Almost thought it was gonna be like "Another", but I guess not. Bummer, but not so bummer I guess.

Black Bullet: Oh yes, now this is what I'm talking about. Already I'm seeing two characters that I might change my avi into, and the action is pretty darn good.

Magica Wars: Oh look, a short... and it's made by Gainax. This is gonna be interesting. Nothing like a Kawaii magical girl running around using a giant dildo mace as a weapon.

The Comic Artist and Assistants: HAREM ANIME ALERT! Oh my god, I never thought I'd laugh so hard at a new anime. This guy's pervertedness is borderline GENIUS.

Display Name/nickname you want: CDDRodrigo

Link to anime/manga list: http://myanimelist.net/animelist/CDDRodrigo

Favorite Anime: One Piece

Favorite Manga: Shingeki no Kyojin

Favorite Character: Noel Vermillion

Anything else worth mentioning?: I watch pretty much everything except yaoi.

Accepted.

First impressions for spring 2014 (I'm kinda too lazy to type up much, so C & P, but I didn't talk about some of these yet on YCM so eh):

Haikyuu!!: I think this has it's execution on the ball. Definitely a bit of comedy, but this time it is nowhere near the focus, as known by the fact that it isn't of the genre. Also it never completely took over a scene for the first episode, unlike some things that don't have the genre but still try to sprinkle it on occasionally. Hopefully it's like that most of the time. Just really really great character interaction. It's really obvious that they do take the sport very, very seriously, and as such, it does seem like it just can't do much wrong here. Chances of dropping - low

One Week Friends: Oh, family is an exception huh? *wink wink nudge nudge* Well, I'm thinking the atmosphere is perfect, already starting out incredibly sweet, but iffy on such selective amnesia. I did know about that before getting into it though, so lets just hope it ends up standing into place regardless, and doesn't end up as something forgettable. Chances of dropping - low

Love Live S2:  lol @ that musical-like singing. The thing is, things mostly seem said and done, as acknowledged by the "Things were serious for a while, and our school almost got closed down." I'll fully continue my view on the first season having some merits, but this season may have just happened due to popularity. Chances of dropping - low

Mangaka-san to Assistant-san to: Hilarity at its finest. I could not stop laughing throughout the episode. Now tastes differ, especially with comedy, especially with this kind of comedy, and I was skeptical for just the first few seconds, but it was after the opening, and especially after Mihari was introduced, that really sold this one for me. Then there was the length. Despite comedy being my favorite genre, I'm always worried something could be too drawn out and could have worked better a little shorter, or that something would be too short to get more than one small laugh at most, but this... this just seems perfect, especially with such a strong start. Oh also I only did check this one out because it was half length. Chances of dropping - low

Dragonar Academy: Let's see... I think I may be one of the few people that actually likes Eco, possibly the most, but the first episode didn't really show her. Instead, we get the makings of a truly annoying, in and out of the show princess, and the episode never got far enough for her to apologize, but thankfully enough, she will. I ended up watching Funimation's well... and then rewatching it via a fansub group after kind of remembering about D-Frag's lighting difference. Still glad I did, and aim not to touch anything regarding Funi's streams again. Mystified by how great the dragons look, it'll sure be my fantasy pass time and highly surpass the likes of Date A Live so long as a yandere never shows up. Chances of dropping - low

JoJo's Bizzare Adventure: Stardust Crusaders: Weak start with it's pacing but great introduction because of it, just hope the pace speeds up somewhat sometimes. Might grow to love the guy but I'm really not keen on Jotaro and his personality. Only especially a problem because he himself has no problem with always addressing his mother like that, but well... Joseph has some spunk, was hilarious with his personality, but he would never be like that, and Jonathan was a straight up gentleman, somewhat of a rarity in anime, so I liked them immediately, with this... we can only see how things will end up, when they happen. Chances of dropping - low

The thing with the dropping is well... I choose very carefully since I didn't want to end up following so much this time, so I don't have a whole lot left I'm gonna check out.

Archived