Video Game Card Contest

ZephyrTFF

[quote name="Sakura Haruno" post="6322188" timestamp="1387306583"]I'll help judge if that's what you'd want. If you need any references to how I grade, check out my last contest in the Finished area or the current tournament hosted by Robotic.[/quote] aww Sakura, I just want to said I have finished my judging result, however, this maybe a good chance for me to have u look for it, could u take a look for it by PM after this?

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i heard u need a judge, and i'm about to hold a contest soon, so i need to prove by this that my judge's criteria are acceptable or not, well if u think my member level was too low to be a judge u can just ignore me

I'll help judge if that's what you'd want.

If you need any references to how I grade, check out my last contest in the Finished area or the current tournament hosted by Robotic.

Well I can judge that before sent the whole judging result to Sakura :) and yea I will not sent until he saw my last post

Yeah, you should be fine.

Anyway, if the TC wants my help, I'll get on with grading your stuff after my exam

I need Judges to help me So I know other people agree with my Choices, I want to be Fair, I also Want to give Points to the Makers that Deserve them :P

Well, you do need to specify WHAT you intend to grade on as well.

For the most part, that's generally balance, creativity (given this works on Video Game characters, did you keep its effect close to said character's abilities and so forth) and OCG (pictures shouldn't be graded too much, since people do submit Written Cards)

I said to look at Robotics or my last contest for how I judge, but guess I'll spell it out here:

- Balance (If this were to become a real card, will Konami limit/ban it right off the bat?)

- Creativity (how well did you make the effect/card to match said characters?)

- OCG (are you using proper card grammar and spelling words correctly as defined in standard English. Your regular spelling mistakes will be factored in here also, so spellcheck first)

Each is worth 10 points for a combined total of 30.

(Just keep in mind that Scary or myself may/may not agree with your choices, depending on what kind of stuff we look for. That's why it's good to have more than one person grading; they'll average each other in the end + scores come from a variety of viewpoints instead of just your own.)

well to tell the truth I already finished judging all entries here, would u like me to post it right now or want me to PM u first and w8 for Sakura's one and average them? And if u want to know, my judging criteria is similar to Sakura, except that Balance worth 20 points for me and I also care about pics a little.

I'll post the scoring up if you're anxious to find out how I graded you. (If you were in the other contests, by now you should be familiar with what I look for)

[spoiler=Scores]

Note if you guys entered multiple cards, your grade is the average of the two; meaning that extra cards can either salvage/hinder your score, depending on how you made them.

mokimoki

B: 8.5

C: 8

O: 6.5

Total: 23

LMGMLG

(Naruto)

B: 3.5 (negating every S/T the opponent plays already pushes this into the OP zone, especially given that there is no way to gauge how easily this can be summoned by virtue of its materials)

C: 7

O: 5

Total: 15.5

(Teemo)

B: 9

C: 6

O: 1

Total: 16

(Pyromancer)

O: 4

Total: 19

Average: 16.83

Guan Yu

B: 9.5

C: 10

O: 10

Total: 29.5

kanokarob

B: 6 (making any monster on the field a 4K beater and sealing Traps during the BP is a bit on the OP side, though it does affect your opponent also. 0/0 stats to start does counterbalance to some degree)

O: 7.5

Total: 22.5

Sleepy

C: 9

O: 10

Total: 28

I Hate Snatch Steal

(Metal Hero)

B: 7 (essentially you Tribute Summon and via its effect [b/c of the 3 counters], you can just Tribute it off to summon Armor. Stats are fine though)

Total: 20

(Armor Mode)

B: 6.5 (see notes in its pre-evolved state)

O: 2.5

Total: 19

Average: 19.5

Blood Blood

B: 6.5 (considering this thing can SS itself pretty much at any time and leads to Rank 5 spam as such; though it has low stats for said Level 5 monster and effect isn't overpowering aside from the SS)

O: 5.5

Total: 18

josholche

C: 9

O: 8.5 (some wording is unnecessary and you spelled Fairy wrong)

Total: 27

- Someone -

(Uni)

O: 9.5

Total: 28.5

(Black Sister)

Total: 29

Average: 28.75

Rowling

O: 9 (minor errors)

Total: 28

sirburton

B: 7.5 (so let me get this straight; it can blow up an opponent's monster and burn + forces other monsters to attack. First part cost some points, but the rest is fine)

C: 8 (I like the effects, and they do fit Voldo's skills in Soulcalibur to some degree)

O: 7

Total: 22.5[/spoiler]

To make things fair (assuming you're alright with Scary and myself judging), we'll add up the scores for each entrant for a final score.

Well since Sakura posted his results I will post mine
my judging criteria will be as following:
B: Balance 20
C: Creativity 10 (most people get full of this, except something that i considered it's not creative!)
O: OCG 10 (all counted, capitalize, error, etc)
P: Pic 10 (not decrease this so much, white background or stuff like that may cause a little lose, but only one card's pic that i like most from all entry will get full points. others will get max 9.5)
well here's my judge results:

mokimoki
B: 16
O: 6.5
P: 9.5
Total: 42/50

LMGMLG
(Naruto)
B: 5
O: 2
P: 9
Total: 26/50
(Teemo)
B:15
C: 7
O: 2
P: 8
Total: 32/50
(Pyromancer)
B: 15
O: 4
P: 8.5
Total: 37/50
(Well since Sakura said multiple cards should be average, I will recalculate this
Total Score: 32.66

Guan Yu: the Saint of War
B: 19
O: 9
Total: 47.5/50

kanokarob
B: 17
Total: 45.5/50

Sleepy
B: 20
O: 8.5
P: 8.5
Total: 47/50

I Hate Snatch Steal
(Metal Hero)
C:10
O: 6
Total 42.5
(Armor mode)
B: 18
Total: 42.5/50
Total Score: 42.5/50

Blood Blood
P: 8
Total: 42/50

Josholche

-Someone-
(Uni)
P: 10 (u got this, congrat for that pics :))
(Black Sister)
B: 20
P: 10 (well I used to judge the cards that play with each other like I Hate Snatch Steal's or this card only once before I saw Sakura's result, and both images are attract my eyes, so u got that :))
Total: 49/50
Total Score: 48/50

Rowling
B: 15
Total 43.5/50

sirburton
B: 14
Total 41.5/50

Yeah, the averages might turn out a bit awkward but it accounts for everything the members posted.

Now we just have to wait for the TC (thread creator) to post his results tomorrow (then all of your results will be added up to determine the winner)

[If you guys are wondering why some of you got marked down on OCG; you get 1/2 point deduction for each OCG/spelling/general English grammar mistake; lowest you can get here is 1.]

I'll underline the stuff you got cut down on.

Someone

You can only Summoned "CPU Candidates - Uni" once per turn. When this card is Normal Summoned: Target 1 S/T card on the field; destroy that target (using MST's card lore). Once per turn: You can inflict 600 damage to your opponent. During either player's turn: You can tribute this face-up card; Special Summon 1 "CPU Candidates - Black Sister" from your hand or Deck. If you control a monster other than "CPU" monsters, this card cannot activate its effects.

The long one counted as 2 mistakes (but don't worry, you still got a pretty high score)

If this card attacks a monster: You can have it gain 1000 ATK during Damage Calculation only, but if you do, it cannot inflict Battle Damage to your opponent that battle. If this card is destroyed by battle or a monster's effect and sent to the Graveyard: The monster that destroyed this card loses ATK equal to this card's ATK on the field. If that monster's ATK becomes 0 this way, destroy it.

First one was the when/if statement and checking it with how the trigger works (since Konami made that ambiguous to some degree, I didn't take off points). The other part was forgotten (but I know what you meant)

Otherwise, you did fine with 27.5/30 on my end.

As i guessed, well i want to tell u that i intentionally want it to be non-target (like fortune lady wind or sth like that) since u need to control only "CPU" which only have 2 members unless i want to continue with this in Pop Culture, so i think it's fair enough, but if it will make my OCG point rises 0.5 but drain balance points from 0.5 - 2 points i think i may keep that it's an OCG problem ;)

Alright I will explain it, This "You can banish and discard 1 Warrior-Type monster in your Graveyard" well if I didn't got that wrong it should be the effect that allow u to banish 1 Warrior and discard 1 Warrior from your hand to ss that card right? but from your lore, I really never seen "Discard 1 ... in your Graveyard" before, so this will take 1 point, however, your card is well-balanced and I like its assassinate effect, however that ss eff has no restriction and that y your balance points decrease by 1, well if u think it's not reasonable u can explain it to me y u should gain a point and I will consider it.

Alright I will explain it, This "You can banish and discard 1 Warrior-Type monster in your Graveyard" well if I didn't got that wrong it should be the effect that allow u to banish 1 Warrior and discard 1 Warrior from your hand to ss that card right? but from your lore, I really never seen "Discard 1 ... in your Graveyard" before, so this will take 1 point, however, your card is well-balanced and I like its assassinate effect, however that ss eff has no restriction and that y your balance points decrease by 1, well if u think it's not reasonable u can explain it to me y u should gain a point and I will consider it.

Is it possible to change the OCG? I mean the cards aren't due until tomorrow and -Someone- did it.

Archived