[Finished]Player Cards for Yugioh (contest)

Sleepy

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A week from now? I'll join in that case. No time to do it within the next 2-3 days, so a week is nice. =D

I'm pretty amazed I have around 3 entries right now and around 6 people with you participating.

I expected around 3 people by the end of the week max xD

Though I'm pretty happy with the results.

Good luck~

wow this new mechanic seems interesting, i'm in

[spoiler='here's my player card!']

iabwJ5T.jpg

Lore:

[Player Card]
(Activate by paying 2000 Life Points when your Life Points are 9000 or more)
When you gain 500 or more Life Points: You can place 1 Holy Counter on this card. If you would take any damage or a face-up monster(s) you control would be destroyed, you can remove 3 Holy Counters from this card instead. Once per turn, during their respective turn, player can activate this effect: Draw 1 card, and if you do, your opponent gains 1000 Life Points. If this card was restored: You can place 2 Holy Counters on this card.

[/spoiler]

Ok~

Accepted*

EDIT:
Ok since now there are 9 people in, I created a 3rd place post, or better said, I created a new first place with a bigger prize, sliding the other 2 further.

For now the prize is just points. I'm not measuring +likes because odds are that I'll see many entries I like and don't wanna limit myself from liking them just because "it's a prize". So yeah...

Oh and, I'm still looking for a judge.

I have 1 person wanting to be one so far, which is nice, but I'd ideally want 3 (counting myself).

Since you DID say this was somewhat based on Vanguard, you could ask someone who has knowledge of that as well.
I mean, as an idea.

The whole idea wasn't quite based on Vanguard.

The term "intercept" was though xD

Say... would you like to help me judge?

Just a thought =D

just finished

[spoiler='Here']

and i have a question, if i want to have 2 activating conditions do i have to use only 1 sentence? or can i separate into 2 like this?

eXlFIbB.jpg

Lore:

[Player Card]
(Tribute 1 Level 5 or higher FIRE monster or 2 FIRE monsters)
Both players can Normal Summon FIRE monsters for 1 less Tribute. Once per turn, the turn player can activate this effect: Target 1 FIRE monster on your side of the field; it can attacks your opponent directly this turn, and if it does, your opponent draws 1 card. Destroy it during the End Phase. When this card is Restored, your opponent immediately gains 1000 Life Points.  During your next Standby Phase after this card was negated: Restore this card. When you do: Destroy 1 card in your hand or that you control, and if you do, banish 1 card from either player's Graveyard.
[/spoiler]

*Edited some wordings since i use too much word from the start XD thx u very much for informed me :)

just finished

[spoiler='Here']

and i have a question, if i want to have 2 activating conditions do i have to use only 1 sentence? or can i separate into 2 like this?

VEOzEla.jpg

Lore:

[Player Card]
(Tribute 1 Level 5 or higher FIRE monster you control)
(Tribute 2 FIRE monsters you control)
Both players can Normal Summon FIRE monsters for 1 less Tribute. Once per turn, the turn player can activate this effect: Target 1 FIRE monster on your side of the field; it can attacks your opponent directly this turn, and if it does, your opponent draws 1 card. Destroy it during the End Phase. When this card is Restored, your opponent immediately gains 1000 Life Points.  During your next Standby Phase after this card was negated: Restore this card. When you do: Destroy 1 card in your hand or that you control, and if you do, banish 1 card from either player's Graveyard.
[/spoiler]

*Edited some OCG so that it will not have an effect timing problem when it was restored

That could fit like this:

(Tribute 1 Level 5 or higher FIRE monster OR 2 FIRE monsters)

You usually don't need to specify it when it comes to Tributing from your side. You only specify from where when it's something unusual like Hyeratics doing it from the hand or Lava Golem doing it from your opponent's side.

Or you could also have it work as CXyzs do. They have 2 ways of bringing them out (technically), but the second one is pretty much mixed in the effect. One example is the old Utopia Ray.

I don't think your idea is exactly unthinkable either, but for now, let's stick with either the shorter version (my "OR" way is also not exactly official either), or the official one.

....But I'm part of this contest.

Facepalms*

Sorry xD I got stuff mixed for a moment.

You are right haha. I think you are even the first entry I got xP

Nevermind....

Here i give you my Player Card. A kinda weird support card for my loved type, psychics and partly usable by the opponent

wpOikX0.jpg

17th Floor, Room H - Project A.T.E.
[Player Card]
Banish 2 Psychic-Type Tuner monsters from your Deck and/or hand. When the turn player Synchro Summons or Xyz Summons a monster: The opponent can Special Summon 1 "Tesla Ghost Token" (Psychic/DARK/Level 1/ATK 0/DEF 0) in face-up Defense position. These Tokens cannot be tributed, also they cannot be destroyed during the turn they are Summoned. Any battle damage from battles involving Psychic-Type monsters is treated as Effect Damage. Once per turn: The turn player can pay 800 Life Points; "Tesla Ghost Tokens" are treated as Tuner monsters this turn. When a player uses a "Tesla Ghost Token" as Synchro Material Monster, the other Synchro Material Monster(s) must be a Psychic-Type monster(s). The turn player can target 1 "Tesla Ghost Token" they control: They return any number of their banished Psychic-Type monsters to the Graveyard, then declare a level equal or lower than the combined level of the returned monsters; the target's level becomes the declared one. Once per turn, if your Life Points are at least 2000 lower than your opponent's: You can banish 1 level 8 or lower Psychic-Type monster from your Extra deck; gain 200 Life Points x the Level/Rank of the banished monster. 

Just as a reminder. From the moment I am writing this, it's 12:16, barely past midnight. Technically Saturday.

You have all of today to turn in your entries.

You can also keep turning stuff in on Sunday, but on Sunday night, I'll try to get around to grading as soon as I have some free time so beware of that.

I pretty much accept everyone that wants to join.

Still looking for a third judge if anyone's interested.

I don't trust my judgment enough to be absolute in here, but I'll do my best to give feedback and criticism.

Well can I ask u a favor? Could u change me from the contestant to a third judge? Since now im not at home and I think I can't get back to make any card until Wednesday, also if it's about judging I can still use my phone to work for it and I have judge another recently contest several times so i think I can judge this, thx in advance :)

Alright since there is about Sunday noon here and I guessed that for Sleepy, now it's a Saturday night, so I will post my result here (furthermore entries still accepted w/o any points reduction for late from me and I'll judge it as soon as I see it and have a time). Well first I have to tell you about my judging criteria
B (Balance): /10
O (OCG): /10 (well I used to scale it -1 score per error, but I later think it's a bit much so now I will reduced only - 0.5 score per error and as usual, I count all, misspell, capitalize, etc ;), also I will ignore the OCG error from Player's card specific OCG since I think nobody used to it)
C (Creativity): /5 (just don't use any exactly-existed effect and u will get this full)
P (Pic): /5 (well even your pic is very great, u will get max 4.5, the 5 only provided for a pic that can attract my eyes ;))

My judging result
Armadilloz
B: 10/10
O: 8.5/10
C: 5/5
P: 4.5/5
Total: 28/30

Kyng
B: 8.5/10 (just think about some equip monster that can easily mill again or gain more benefit in hand like Inzektors, ZWs or sth like that, so an additional draw is a bit powerful, also some cards like Ceal or Tryce have a solid reason to reduced ATK)
O: 8.5/10
Total: 26.5/30

Guan Yu: the Saint of War
B: 8/10 (since u didn't give it an effect to return to Player card when the turn end or else, so it's obvious that who activate it will gain that monster permanently, also I can't scale it balance so much since u forgot to mentioned that how much ATK per counter (which I will reduced 0.5 points from both this and OCG))
O: 8/10 (and I'm sorry but pls don't ask me to fix it now, I'm too lazy to fix this by phone, if u really want me to fix it, just w8 until Wednesday)
Total: 25.5/30

Hikari-chan
B: 9/10 (OPT Upstart seems a bit powerful for any Deck, even for both players)
O: 9/10
C: 4.5/5
Total: 27/30

-Someone-
B: 8.5/10 (first, if not considering about what deck it's appropriate for, to give 1000 LP to opponent then gain the OPT free damage blocker seems a bit too much, next let see what it can do for its obvious deck, restored after Garunix was ss, can destroy either Garunix or search/ss Fire King in hand for the sake of banishing Grapha, Plague and many Grave stuffs that's so much imo)
O: 10/10
Total: 28/30

Kwisatz-Haderach
B: 7/10 (First of all, from all entries, this card is the only one which didn't need anything from field or hand, in other words, lose nothing for its activation, since u can still return those remove monster by this card effect, and banished for Psychic-Type monsters is not a drawback, also Tesla are completely useless for your opponent unless they're use Psychic Deck, at least u should make the type restriction for sync only on your field, also the return effect is so much, it let u return a sync banished for LP along with too many monster at the same time, then Miracle Sync Fusion and get Axon so fast, with a chance to sync another monster from the Tesla Tuner that have any Lv u want)
O: 7/10 (and sry, pls don't ask me to fix it now, ask anyone or w8 until Wednesday if u really need it)
P: 3.5/5
Total: 22.5/30

whoops, 2 first place, well hope other judges did their job different from mine ;)

the tesla tokens are undestroyable the turn they are summoned so the opponent can use them as protection. It wasn't specified that the cost of the card must be from field or hand, so why not from hand\deck? one can add 5 player cards and lez say a player will use 4 of them, the player will get rid of 8 oh his tuners so the cost is seriously rilevant. It's obviously a card to help psychichs that are completely dead.

Oh, the ocg is completely correct,i compared my card's lore with other real cards lores, no mistakes or inaccuracies at all :)Concerning the picture...well i admit it's a bit weird, it's a little steampunk masterpiece, it's a very particular artwork, i'm sad you weren't able to appriciate it :/

protection!?, u must joking, when facing Hyper Psychic Blaster or Axon, 0 DEF wall is as good as direct attack that didnt allow Gorz or Fader to interrupt, that's make it more OP, about the Tuner cost, well we're talking about Psychic-Type, which banishing them is as good as destroy Fire King monsters by card effects, and u can still return those Tuners so easily by ur player card's eff, and well, lmao, card's lore correct? so overestimate urself, let me see, " 1 "Tesla Ghost Token" (Psychic-Type/Dark" "in face-up Defense Position" "Any Battle Damage from battles" etc. just found them by urself, since im so lazy to fix it in full ver coz im using a phone and i need to type f*****n bbcode every time i need a bold, well just see other people' card whose Balance score is higher than u and try to improve urself, c ya ;)

Now that I'm done with my contest, I can now judge the entries. I judge based on the following criteria:

Balance: Is this card fair to both players from a neutral stand point?

OCG: Proper Yugioh card text?

Usage Rate: How often am I going to see players use this card?

Armadilloz's entry: Waveguard Dynamo

Balance: 8.5/10

OCG: 7.5/10

Usage Rate: 8/10

Total: 23/30

Kyng's entry: Shimmering Armor

Balance: 8.5/10

OCG: 8.5/10

Usage Rate: 7/10

Total: 24/10

Guan Yu's entry: Guan Yu, the Warfare God

Balance: 8/10

OCG: 6/10 Several things, such as how much attack this card gains when in a monster form, and clarity of counter gains.

Usage Rate: 8.5/10

Total: 22.5.30

Hikari-chan's entry: Helen, the Blessign Priestess

Balance: 9/10

OCG: 10/10

Usage Rate: 5/10 Merely because of it's play requirements.

Total: 24/30

-Someone-'s entry: Suzaku, Spirit of the Sacred Flame

OCG: 10/10

Usage Rate:8.5/10

Total: 26.5/30

Kwisatz's entry: 17th Floor, Room H - Project A.T.E.

Balance: 6/10

OCG: 9.5/10

Usage Rate: 9/10

Total: 24.5/30

Now that I'm done with my contest, I can now judge the entries. I judge based on the following criteria:
Balance: Is this card fair to both players from a neutral stand point?
OCG: Proper Yugioh card text?
Usage Rate: How often am I going to see players use this card?

-Someone-'s entry: Suzaku, Spirit of the Sacred Flame
OCG: 9/10
Usage Rate:8.5/10
Total: 25.5/30

How? I think I fit my OCG correctly (and even wIth Scary's serious scale, I still get 10 from him)

Archived