Christmas Numbers Tournament [Shut Down; To be Rebalanced by MARCH]

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That and barely being able to get your deck's engine working.

...Why does no one discuss the duels they watched in here?

I personally probably wouldn't enjoy it if people watching my Duels made posts in the thread, revealing too many of my cards, Decktype, or Numbers for my future opponents to see and prepare for. If they were watching my Duel themselves, fine, but having the information leaked to them, but the same info about them not being provided to me would be a little annoying.

The idea of the Numbers being distributed in secret adds an element of strategy to the matches, at least outside the loser bracket. In the loser's bracket, we have the issue where people have probably had their best Number torn from their Deck already and are somewhat crippled and trying to regain some power by beating other potentially crippled opponents. In the winner's bracket, most competitors are facing people whose Decks haven't yet been compromised by defeats, and they may have more options with the Numbers they won.

I personally probably wouldn't enjoy it if people watching my Duels made posts in the thread, revealing too many of my cards, Decktype, or Numbers for my future opponents to see and prepare for. If they were watching my Duel themselves, fine, but having the information leaked to them, but the same info about them not being provided to me would be a little annoying.

The idea of the Numbers being distributed in secret adds an element of strategy to the matches, at least outside the loser bracket. In the loser's bracket, we have the issue where people have probably had their best Number torn from their Deck already and are somewhat crippled and trying to regain some power by beating other potentially crippled opponents. In the winner's bracket, most competitors are facing people whose Decks haven't yet been compromised by defeats, and they may have more options with the Numbers they won.

So?

As I have said, 3 other people, including Black, A TOURNAMENT PARTICIPANT, watched the duel.
Our decks aren't a secret.

In fact, what's stopping me from simply telling you all our decks?

So?

As I have said, 3 other people, including Black, A TOURNAMENT PARTICIPANT, watched the duel.
Our decks aren't a secret.

In fact, what's stopping me from simply telling you all our decks?

Hate from a lot of people for sucking out an element of fun from the tournament itself.

If someone takes the time and puts out the effort to go watch a duel between two participants, then they're going out of their way to get a small edge on a potential opponent.

If someone doesn't bother with it, they shouldn't be given the same information for literally nothing.

Hate from a lot of people for sucking out an element of fun from the tournament itself.

If someone takes the time and puts out the effort to go watch a duel between two participants, then they're going out of their way to get a small edge on a potential opponent.

If someone doesn't bother with it, they shouldn't be given the same information for literally nothing.

Time and effort?!?

You search in the participants' names in the search engine!

Time and effort?!?

You search in the participants' names in the search engine!

You go out of your way to spend some time watching someone's duel. It's no different from me looking up a person's name on the matchup list at a Regionals or YCS and going over to their table to watch their duel, if I think/know I'm going to be playing them in future rounds.

If I take the time to get on DN and watch my future opponents, then I'm giving myself an advantage. If I don't, I go into my next round blindly.

Nothing. Feel free to discuss your own Deck if you want to, or even mention the incidents in your Duel. But if your concern is why OTHER players who watched the Duel aren't chatting about your Deck(s), that's probably just etiquette.

For example, I have no idea what cards you have, and I don't think you know my cards. The later in the tournament it is, the less likely it'll be utterly taboo to mention each other's Decks and plays.

But notice that Dem didn't actually say what Deck I was using after I beat him. Black didn't mention specifically what Deck I was using, even though he watched the game.

It's just kind of rude to announce other players' Decks, cards, strategies, or Numbers when you were just watching the match, and not actually participating in that particular match. If you want to mention what happened, so be it, it's your right as a participant in that match, which may open the topic to more discussion,

Nothing. Feel free to discuss your own Deck if you want to, or even mention the incidents in your Duel. But if your concern is why OTHER players who watched the Duel aren't chatting about your Deck(s), that's probably just etiquette.

For example, I have no idea what cards you have, and I don't think you know my cards. The later in the tournament it is, the less likely it'll be utterly taboo to mention each other's Decks and plays.

But notice that Dem didn't actually say what Deck I was using after I beat him. Black didn't mention specifically what Deck I was using, even though he watched the game.

It's just kind of rude to announce other players' Decks, cards, strategies, or Numbers when you were just watching the match, and not actually participating in that particular match. If you want to mention what happened, so be it, it's your right as a participant in that match, which may open the topic to more discussion,

Since when did we have integrity?

I don't even know what you're complaining about. If you want to talk about your matches, go right ahead. But you shouldn't expect people who watched the Duels to talk about your match without your okay.

If I watched your first match, and then announced about how your (hypothetical example) Fire Fist build dominated your opponent or something, and that your opponent's Number 25 was useless, I just gave away way too much about your Deck, hints at your opponent's Deck, and possibly the Numbers either of you have. Now all your future opponents can use that info to strategically prepare for you next round.

At this point, almost everyone in the tournament knows my Deck. Mugen and I already knew each others' cards and Numbers, and Koko and Black saw my Deck in action already.

I don't even know what you're complaining about. If you want to talk about your matches, go right ahead. But you shouldn't expect people who watched the Duels to talk about your match without your okay.

If I watched your first match, and then announced about how your (hypothetical example) Fire Fist build dominated your opponent or something, and that your opponent's Number 25 was useless, I just gave away way too much about your Deck, hints at your opponent's Deck, and possibly the Numbers either of you have. Now all your future opponents can use that info to strategically prepare for you next round.

True...
Maybe I should just stay away from competitive.

At this point, almost everyone in the tournament knows my Deck. Mugen and I already knew each others' cards and Numbers, and Koko and Black saw my Deck in action already.

I actually don't, to be honest.

Welche just said it.

I run Rank 1 Ghostricks. Welche made a huge misplay in game 1 by bringing out several monsters, technically clogging his monster zones. I brought out Number 54.

Same thing happened game 2.  The issue is that Agents are so focused on OTKing so I naturally bring out all my monsters then you were able to prevent me from dealing damage and slowly gaining control back.  If I had a better side board I may have been able to take game 2, but the side I chose was really bad.

Welche just said it.

I run Rank 1 Ghostricks. Welche made a huge misplay in game 1 by bringing out several monsters, technically clogging his monster zones. I brought out Number 54.

Same thing happened game 2. The issue is that Agents are so focused on OTKing so I naturally bring out all my monsters then you were able to prevent me from dealing damage and slowly gaining control back. If I had a better side board I may have been able to take game 2, but the side I chose was really bad.

9df.gif
Bravo, Welche.
Bravo.
See? This is what I was talking about.
Doesn't this liven up the thread?

Archived