Christmas Numbers Tournament [Shut Down; To be Rebalanced by MARCH]

Figured I should wait until Winter/Summer Break, so people can participate more easily, and I should actually have the time to participate and host this go round. So the Numbers Tournament is back once again, now with a much, much wider pool to get your selection from.

Good luck to anyone who joins, and make sure to read the rules. Brackets will be posted once the tournament begins.

[spoiler=Rules]
The Format for this tournament is January 2014. Stall, Burn, Mill, and Alternate Win Conditions are prohibited as decks. Further edits to the list, for the sake of this tournament, are:
Banned:
Bujin Yamato
Ghostrick Skeleton

Evigishki Gustkraken
Evigishki Mind Augus

Evilswarm Exciton Knight
Number 11: Big Eye
Number 49: Fortune Tune
Number 88: Gimmick Puppet Leo

Limited:
Geargiauger
Chronomaly Nebra Disk
Constellar Sombres
Evilswarm Kerykeion
Snoww, Unlight of Dark World

Hieratic Dragon King of Atum
All Unbanned Numbers

Advanced Heraldry Arts
Fire Formation - Tenki
Recycling Batteries
Spellbook of the Master

Abyss-sphere

Breakthrough Skill

Fiendish Chain

Semi-Limited:
Geargiaccelerator
Mezuki

Cyber Repair Plant
Hieratic Seal of Convocation

Please note that these bans are not neccesarily based on overall health of the game, but more health of this tournament and its gimmick.

Games are to be played on www.duelingnetwork.com

This tournament will be Double Elimination. If you lose, you are not disqualified.

You must turn your decks in to Caeda

You are to play matches.

If you need an extension, PM me ahead of time. Last minute will not be tolerated, nor will blatant stalling.

You may not edit your deck during the tournament in ANY way, except to add a Number(s) into it, or to add a Rank-Up Magic spell card into it to make a Chaos Number usable.

[spoiler=Concerning Numbers themselves...]
Your Deck must contain one (no more, no less), of your Number(s), and a way to Summon it, at all times. You may not use any other Numbers unless you won them in a match, and you may only ever use 1 copy of a Number. This is done by the opponent telling you/showing you all of their Numbers, then you choose one, and tell Caeda via PM, along with an edited Deck List, should you add your new Number(s) to it.

You must be able to realistically summon your Number. Not "hurrdurr I run 2 level 8s in the Extra so I can make 15". Caeda has the right to reject your deck if you're trying to dance around this, so really, don't.

You are not required to place Numbers other than your initial Numbers in your deck.

You may use any Chaos Numbers associated with your Monster, but are not required to do so.

If you get Number 39: Utopia, you may run Number 39: Utopia Roots. However, you must run Number 39: Utopia and be able to feasibly make it. Number 39: Utopia Roots is an extra Number you have access to, not one that you can use in place of Number 39: Utopia, akin to a Chaos Number. All other Number rules apply.

When you win a match, you may take 1 of the loser's Numbers. The other Numbers they have are kept for the sake of Double elimination. If a member has 2+ Numbers in the Loser's Bracket, you still only claim 1 Number.

As with previous Tournaments, Numbers will get their anime battle immunity effects. "This card cannot be destroyed by battle, except with a "Number" monster."

Numbers 101-107, the Over Hundred Numbers, are generic and can be used by anyone. However, you can only run 1 Over Hunder Number, and only one copy of it, plus up to one copy of its Chaos Number.  Over Hunder Numbers and Over Hundred Chaos Numbers do not have battle immunity like other Numbers do.

Numbers will be randomly assigned by Caeda once all members are in. Your deck is due within a week of when you get your Number. Unlike previous Numbers Tournaments, you will be assigned 2 Numbers. Except for the Numbers Hunter, who will have no Numbers, thus free reign in deck building.
[/spoiler]
[/spoiler]

As for an application, just give me your DN and Challonge (If any) usernames. Looking for 16 players, though less is possible.

Tourney will start once Caeda has assigned all of the Numbers. I will be taking part, but I'm not going to know your decks, your Numbers, etc. Just making the bracket itself and managing the tournament.

[spoiler=Members]
YCM/DN - Deck In?
1. Emblem Black/Marsuvees Black - Yes
2. A I X/AixDivadis - Yes
3. Mugendramon/BlindMonkey - Yes
4. TechGenusMaster/TechGenusMaster - No
5. Necro Light/ByakuyaKuchiki6 - Yes
6. evilfusion/skielinfiniti - Yes
7. GLaDOS/YRPOtaku169 - Yes
8. kanokarob/kanokarob - Yes
9. Luquier/Ojama Knight - Yes 
10. Welche/! Welche - Yes
11. Borderline LaDD Sacker/HoundsOfAnubis - Yes
12. Okuu/clairedestroyer! - Yes
13. Neo Airride/GenexAllyRemote - Yes
14. Dem the Dragophile/StrikeOfTheChampion - Yes
15. Sleepy/Sleepy17 - Yes
16. Wildflame/Wildflame - Yes
[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Bracket]
christmasnumbertourney.png[/spoiler]

Afterword: I understand the general reaction to a banned Fortune Tune, as I had it myself... But as someone pointed out, it's a bit too good when it can't die by battle to non-Numbers.

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll join too, if I fully understand the concept.

TechGenusMaster/TechGenusMaster

EDIT: Derp.

Well, there is one Number I hope I get, but running 2 sounds neat, especially if they are different Ranks. I rather enjoy the idea of making a deck like this.

And my last question. Say we get 92. We are allowed to run 53, and C92 if we want, right? Not that many would, just wondering.

I'll join too, if I fully understand the concept.

TechGenusMaster/TechGenusMaster

EDIT: Derp.

Well, there is one Number I hope I get, but running 2 sounds neat, especially if they are different Ranks. I rather enjoy the idea of making a deck like this.

And my last question. Say we get 92. We are allowed to run 53, and C92 if we want, right? Not that many would, just wondering.

If you got 92, chances are your second Number would be 53. The pairs are not random, they're pre-made.

That said, yes; you'd be allowed to use C92.

Why not, numbers are fun.

DN Username is kanokarob. Random question: Can we each request 1 number that can be more weighted in our chances of getting it?

No, you cannot.

All accepted, will add to the op.

Also, forgot to mention the "Numbers Hunter" in the OP, but added it now. One person will have no Numbers at the start.

You petty theif. I was running Goldrat Turbo way before Jesse was even banned once.

http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/271524-gold-rat-turbo/

Almost 2 years ago to the day and this was probably a while after I made the deck.  Pls no liarino.

EDIT:  For those interested, apparently I did a write up on it here; http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/273215-gold-rat-turbo-all-that-glitters-isnt-gold/

I have no confidence at all on this, and DN lagged last time I used it, but let's see how it turns out:

YCM: Sleepy

DN: Sleepy17

Which browser were you using last time? Between Firefox and Chrome at least, you should be able to just use DN on the browser that isn't the one you used last time without any trouble.

Archived