Christmas Numbers Tournament [Shut Down; To be Rebalanced by MARCH]

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, same thing happened with Dem. His Deckstyle was swarm and removal focused, and my Deck doesn't really care about how big your board is, because I've got defensive shenanigans against direct attacks.

Both matches, my opponents couldn't do anything. If you attack directly, I get stuff. If you attack monsters, I get stuff. If you do nothing, I'll win.

I'll gladly talk about my own matches, but I won't announce details of other people's matches that I watched without them being so detailed first.

Yeah, same thing happened with Dem. His Deckstyle was swarm and removal focused, and my Deck doesn't really care about how big your board is, because I've got defensive shenanigans against direct attacks.

Both matches, my opponents couldn't do anything. If you attack directly, I get stuff. If you attack monsters, I get stuff. If you do nothing, I'll win.

I'll gladly talk about my own matches, but I won't announce details of other people's matches that I watched without them being so detailed first.

And I'm using a deck that Black built the original version of.
Ironically, his restrictions for this tourney really hurt this deck.
And the match I had with kano was INTENSE, especially Duel 2.
I actually lost from decking out.

And I'm using a deck that Black built the original version of.
Ironically, his restrictions for this tourney really hurt this deck.
And the match I had with kano was INTENSE, especially Duel 2.
I actually lost from decking out.

I heard about that when I was watching kano vs TechGenusMaster.

I did not enjoy watching their game.

Let me put it this way, bluntly: I want Tech to win because he's less of a threat in SOOO many ways.

I shouldn't be winning, I really shouldn't. I WANT to lose. Its a shame to have to play with the worst Numbers in existence. 

(Exaggerated Complaints)

And was our duel that bad? I found it hilarious. And I just noticed Kano's mistake (not that it effected the game) as I was leaving.

Well, hopefully round two will be better. Oh yeah, and three if it happens.

Too bad I realized my mistake in my deck after the tourney started. Next time, I'll tune out more of the "turn deck in pls" I mean, I had a couple days left. Given, I WAS the last one. Man, I need sleep. Sorry to ramble.

Just a little feedback for future Numbers tournaments: The role of "Number Hunter" has no purpose in this format. The original Number tournaments was more of a hunt than a bracket tournament, and while brackets are effective in making sure one player doesn't just hide until near to the end, the Number Hunter has nothing to lose. This is no longer useful when we have a very large selection of possible Numbers.

If the idea of Number Hunter is to be preserved, I think they should be able to choose their Number pair, rather than it being random. This way, they really are more dangerous to the other participants, as they can essentially pick whatever Deck they want, rather than building a Deck around random Numbers they're given.

Just a little feedback for future Numbers tournaments: The role of "Number Hunter" has no purpose in this format. The original Number tournaments was more of a hunt than a bracket tournament, and while brackets are effective in making sure one player doesn't just hide until near to the end, the Number Hunter has nothing to lose. This is no longer useful when we have a very large selection of possible Numbers.

If the idea of Number Hunter is to be preserved, I think they should be able to choose their Number pair, rather than it being random. This way, they really are more dangerous to the other participants, as they can essentially pick whatever Deck they want, rather than building a Deck around random Numbers they're given.

Who was the Number Hunter?

Archived