Christmas Numbers Tournament [Shut Down; To be Rebalanced by MARCH]

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Heh. I can get on if DN would let me. =D

And my quick feedback for the next time. Abyss Splash and Zero are like, the most useless Numbers. Both to get and to have to duel with. Maybe next time use things like 53 and 92. 

Number 7 coulda made a pair with 74 (Master of Blades) as well, just sayin. But then again, their were too many Numbers anyway.

Who was the Number Hunter?

It was Welche. He got Airride's Number 15, which I took from him when I won (although he was able to use it in Game 2 to kill my Number 54 and deal an incredible 100 damage to me).

I was a bit disappointed on that.

Alternatively, the Number Hunter should be the only participant allowed to use the Over-Hundred Numbers (until they lose). Making them generic and accessible to everyone, while not giving them the "cannot die except by Numbers" clause is a little unbalanced because most of the Over-Hundreds are Rank 4, and therefore any player able to use Rank 4s can use them, but the players who don't have convenient Rank 4 access in their Deck has to face against not only the regular Numbers, but also the Over-Hundreds, which are extremely versatile. My Deck is Rank 1 focused, so I don't have any of the Over-Hundreds, but almost anyone else could.

Also, the Number Hunter not having Numbers of their own is a tremendous disadvantage, when typically, Number Hunters are supposed to be extremely threatening opponents. The only advantage they have is freedom of Deck choice, but they won't have any Numbers to lose during round 1, and no Numbers to fight opponent Numbers.

Heh. I can get on if DN would let me. =D

And my quick feedback for the next time. Abyss Splash and Zero are like, the most useless Numbers. Both to get and to have to duel with. Maybe next time use things like 53 and 92. 

Number 7 coulda made a pair with 74 (Master of Blades) as well, just sayin. But then again, their were too many Numbers anyway.

They're actually not, though. They have the ability to essentially defeat any Number in battle by either becoming a 4800, or by halving monsters' ATK.

Also, in your first game with kano, your Number can target itself to dodge Bottomless.

That's true. They're very restricted to certain Decks, I forgot them being WATER specific.

They would be awesome if they weren't.

I understand that losing them would make 47 hard to use, and therefore lose 17's pair, but there are easily 4 Replacement Numbers for them.

EDIT: And I mean their effects. Having a Shield is nice though, right? xD

They would be awesome if they weren't.

I understand that losing them would make 47 hard to use, and therefore lose 17's pair, but there are easily 4 Replacement Numbers for them.

EDIT: And I mean their effects. Having a Shield is nice though, right? xD

There's actually a pretty fun deck to use that can summon them very easily, you just either didn't know about it or ignored it. Lemuria Frogs isn't great in normal stuff, but for this? It can summon this set of numbers, and almost any other you get.

Honestly, for this type of tournament, it's a pretty decent deck. I would have loved to have gotten this set of numbers.

There's actually a pretty fun deck to use that can summon them very easily, you just either didn't know about it or ignored it. Lemuria Frogs isn't great in normal stuff, but for this? It can summon this set of numbers, and almost any other you get.

Honestly, for this type of tournament, it's a pretty decent deck. I would have loved to have gotten this set of numbers.

I was trying to think of a way for Lemuria...derp.

To add a little discussion on our match, the first game, I got some frustrating draws with Mystic Piper by using its effect like 3 times and not getting a Level 1 monster. So not only was I not getting much card advantage, but most of my best defense cards are Level 1 monsters. I managed to put up a fight, but ultimately just didn't have the defense to avoid the swarm strategy.

Game 2 went much better, with me managing to stop his main swarm combo early and avoid taking damage. He countered my offensive push with a Mirror Force, but I had drawn Chaos Sorcerer with Mystic Piper (which hated me this match and refused to draw Level 1 monsters) so I wasn't completely out. This time, he was the one unable to keep card advantage, resulting in my win.

Game 3, I just didn't have much of anything. He got a huge swarm going, and I just didn't have the outs to anything. And then I misplayed by trying to use Bottomless on Spark, followed by Compulsory when it obviously protected itself. And then I dropped Gorz on only 1700 damage, which left me open when he used D-Prison on it after I got a dead draw.

To add a little discussion on our match, the first game, I got some frustrating draws with Mystic Piper by using its effect like 3 times and not getting a Level 1 monster. So not only was I not getting much card advantage, but most of my best defense cards are Level 1 monsters. I managed to put up a fight, but ultimately just didn't have the defense to avoid the swarm strategy.

Game 2 went much better, with me managing to stop his main swarm combo early and avoid taking damage. He countered my offensive push with a Mirror Force, but I had drawn Chaos Sorcerer with Mystic Piper (which hated me this match and refused to draw Level 1 monsters) so I wasn't completely out. This time, he was the one unable to keep card advantage, resulting in my win.

Game 3, I just didn't have much of anything. He got a huge swarm going, and I just didn't have the outs to anything. And then I misplayed by trying to use Bottomless on Spark, followed by Compulsory when it obviously protected itself. And then I dropped Gorz on only 1700 damage, which left me open when he used D-Prison on it after I got a dead draw.

Hey, a fellow level 1 deck. I've been there with Piper. I feel you bro.

Unless I misread something, shouldn't it be "she?"

The thing is that Black won't be able to be on as much. If you all want, I can make the bracket on my challonge account and keep track of it there while he's away, I'll just have to go through and it might take some time to get everything set up properly.

The thing is that Black won't be able to be on as much. If you all want, I can make the bracket on my challonge account and keep track of it there while he's away, I'll just have to go through and it might take some time to get everything set up properly.

That would be appreciated.

Archived