I'll be honest, the Stargazer spell card I didn't have much of a problem with. I think it still works if Stargazer is in the Pendulum Zone, and since Yuya loves to summon tons of monsters at once, I can kinda understand him running it if that's the case.

Granted, that's just speculation, but it makes sense to me. Maybe I'm crazy.

Well the effect is vague but even so, at the cost of having your own opponent gain ATK as well seems a bit off. Would be more ok if it was just on the field and just your monsters gained the ATK. Yuya's Pendulum tactic would have been pretty nice there.

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I honestly didn't have any problem with the Stargazer card, though Empty Fishing is a tad weird to include. Still, Yuya's in general shown a decently built deck, by anime standards.

By the way, I'm not exactly new, somehow lost my old password and I keep having trouble with retreival.

Thoughts on Arc-V: ... I like it. Way better than when Zexal was this number of episodes in. And Yaiba vs Gongenzaka looks like it's gonna be cool as hell.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2014-06-20/yu-gi-oh-arc-v-to-debut-internationally-in-spring-summer-2015/.75688

Looks like we'll get to see the last arc of Zexal after all. On Nickelodeon at least.

I'm surprised about this.

I'd have thought they'd have just wanted to get to the new franchise and ride off the hype generated by the TCG as quickly as possible (and vice versa as that would suit both Konami and the show producers. Like someone said a couple of posts ago; the anime is just an advert for the card game)

That way they have a convenient get-out excuse of showing the rest of the series, and now they have to work out a way of protecting the precious American children from the moment when... you know... *looks around and whispers* Kaito dies...

About the Magician card, provided Stargazer Magician was still called Stargazer Magician prior to it becoming a Pendulum, we could suppose that its just a random support card for a card that was mass produced. 

So its not THAT big of an asspull.

Kaito's not going to die, he's just going to have a little sleep.

So the end results are either:
A - The mention Kaito gets saved somewhere and the dub becomes hilariously inconsistent because Kaito is still alive; Srsly, Kaito is now alive but gets 0 screentime? Dafuck?
B - 4Kids unintentionally gives the audience a very disturbing case of fridge horror because they leave him on the moon, and somehow still alive, so they imply he slowly died.
C - They skip the duel all together, and Yuma somehow ends up with a Number he literally got out of thin air, without any explanation as how how it got there.

11/10 results.

4Kids (or whatever the new dubbing coming is) is pretty retarded when it comes to death. I mean we all know this now including how they try to loophole it and fail to nail on properly, but this is all stupid in the first place.

I mean, I literally remember watching Equestria Girls and Sunset Shimmer literally said to the Mane 6 that they should die. And frankly a lot of cartoons around this time are adapting as well since the target audience seems to be at least 7-15 is years of age. So why even bother trying to go around it? Even at least in the sub he gets revived back to normal and...at least he literally doesn't implode from asphyxiation..

But I guess they'll jsut call it bulls**t again and say its a coma and his soul somehow reappeared out of his body to temporarily be on Yuma/Nasch's side.

I mean, I literally remember watching Equestria Girls and Sunset Shimmer literally said to the Mane 6 that they should die. And frankly a lot of cartoons around this time are adapting as well since the target audience seems to be at least 7-15 is years of age. So why even bother trying to go around it? Even at least in the sub he gets revived back to normal and...at least he literally doesn't implode from asphyxiation..

Oh, you know, they will just mesh together some stock footage and make it seem like Kaito is still alive the whole time. Standing and everything, I mean.

To be fair, 4Kids really shouldn't have to deal with the upcoming deaths in Zexal.

I mean, the Japanese writers decided it was a genius idea to undo a season's worth of deaths after all the drama was over.

What many writers don't understand is that when you casually resurrect a character who was given a melodramatic death, you undermine all the impact that scene had on viewers.

The Gundam SEED universe was godawful for that because they killed off characters in the usual Gundam method, then undid them later on or during Destiny by either saying "no, the character just got a scar" or "their cockpit survived" or whatever explanation was given for the Mu La Flaga retcon.

The writers for Yu-Gi-Oh! have no respect for the impact of death, and only use it for shock value and fake drama, then reverse it when the problem is solved, making the emotional impact pointless.

Yeah, Viper, Godwin, Aporia and Z-ONE died for real, but who cares? Viper was never brought up again because the show switched gears to better things, and the other three died standard villain deaths at the end of their arcs.

If 4Kids said "Kaito took a long nap," it would be true since that is basically what he did in both versions.

The Barian not-deaths shouldn't need an explanation beyond "they went to the Zexal Shadow Realm."

To be fair, 4Kids really shouldn't have to deal with the upcoming deaths in Zexal.

I mean, the Japanese writers decided it was a genius idea to undo a season's worth of deaths after all the drama was over.

What many writers don't understand is that when you casually resurrect a character who was given a melodramatic death, you undermine all the impact that scene had on viewers.

The Gundam SEED universe was godawful for that because they killed off characters in the usual Gundam method, then undid them later on or during Destiny by either saying "no, the character just got a scar" or "their cockpit survived" or whatever explanation was given for the Mu La Flaga retcon.

The writers for Yu-Gi-Oh! have no respect for the impact of death, and only use it for shock value and fake drama, then reverse it when the problem is solved, making the emotional impact pointless.

Yeah, Viper, Godwin, Aporia and Z-ONE died for real, but who cares? Viper was never brought up again because the show switched gears to better things, and the other three died standard villain deaths at the end of their arcs.

If 4Kids said "Kaito took a long nap," it would be true since that is basically what he did in both versions.

The Barian not-deaths shouldn't need an explanation beyond "they went to the Zexal Shadow Realm."

To be fair, Ygo deaths are not as gruesome as Gundam deaths. One guy pulled out his dad's severed arm.

Can't wait to see who dies in Arc-V.

To be fair, Ygo deaths are not as gruesome as Gundam deaths. One guy pulled out his dad's severed arm.

Can't wait to see who dies in Arc-V.

Well the general problem is that somehow, the word "death" can give some children nightmares and severing thoughts or can make them too saddened that their "heroes" are dead. And even for villains, being "sent to the Shadow Realm" or "disappeared" doesn't cut it either.

Based on context, they were going to have Yuya (the winner of his match) face Masumi (winner of LDS' match). Hokuto and Yuzu lost, and a draw counts in this case as both players losing. So Yuya and Masumi were the surviving players and needed an outcome.

But Reiji stepped in, probably stating that he would be the opponent against Yuya.

I'm not really surprised it was a draw, but holy hell, that Duel was intense. X-Sabers look like the most powerful Deck ever. Spamspamspamspam.

His Deck and style are very interesting. The reason he doesn't use Action cards is because it'll interfere with his effects requiring no S/Ts in the Graveyard. His style of being steadfast and "not making unnecessary moves" is very amusing, considering how X-Sabers work. Yaiba's plays of using Gottoms to drain his opponent's hand, and spamming out high Level monsters is what ended up costing him. That said...it was actually rather terrifying to see X-Sabers played so effectively in the anime.

I think it's really effective when real archetypes and Decks are played like that, especially compared to most anime styles of "power = ridiculously OP card". All of Yaiba's cards used (except Saber Reflect) are real cards. Most anime decks would be swiftly annihilated beneath that pressure.

After watching this I'm going to say again that Reiki does not feel like any other rival. Maybe it's because they're the same age or he has a different story or whatever but the closest thing I can compare him to is Shark after he stopped hating Yuma.

He also seems to have fun dueling (unless that smile in the preview was supposed to be evil) so that's also a thing.

Archived