魔導賢者ガリレイ、ケプラー Madou Kenjya Garirei, Kepuraa (The Magical Sages Galilei and Kepler)
July 6th, 2014
The You Show Duel School VS LDS Battle is currently a battle between their representatives Yuya and Akaba Reiji. Somehow Reiji Pendulum Summons, unleashing a brutal assault against Yuya. But then Yuya starts a Counterattack by Entertainment Dueling.Outline
Somehow, Reiji Pendulum Summons and mounts an attack against Yuya. Yuya shows off his ability to Pendulum Summon, something he thought only he could do, and tries to counterattack by Entertainment Dueling, but due to the sheer pressure from Reiji, he’s unable to hide his shock. And Reiji doesn’t just Pendulum Summon, he uses it to unleash other parts of his strategy. With You Show Duel School’s fate on the line, Yuya is extremely anxious. And when the battle between the schools ends, the results are…

this is what ygorg has

idk what Jord was quoting

This is also what I remember originally reading on the wiki.

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Episode 14 (the next after this week) is titled, according to the wikia: "Hot-Blooded!! Shuzo Dojo!"

Whci might indicate that Yuya loses the duel, but at least some of You Show's former students and its principal go found a new duel school in its place, probably in order to avoid joining LDS, which will probably keep all of You Show's properties - and with Reiji having access to Pendulum Summon, maybe they'll quit on recruiting Yuya, at least for now?

But, frankly, I think you guys are being a little bit too insistent on your personal ideas for the series. Not losing You Show or having Yuya and Reiji's duel interrupted does not necessarily amount to bad writing, it depends on the circumstances surrounding those events and their consequences; in other words, how the writers handle those moves and the way they affect the plot as a whole. Besides, in the end, that's only a personal opinion, which, while possibly corresponding to the average viewer's ideals, does not translate into an absolute, objective truth. There's no such thing in life, much less in art; the existence of such concepts in this category is merely an illusion promoted by some overly-pretentious and self-absorbed scholars who want to monopolize all thought schools on this subject for their own selfish, megalomaniacal reasons.

I just wished to share my two cents on the matter; no pretension or hope of changing your opinions on what constitutes good writing, much less on the Arc-V's issue. It's just that it annoys me to no end when people try to establish rigid delimitations on how each form of art should be executed, which goes totally against my personal phiilosophy on the subject.

I don't really have any issues with the possible results of the scenarios. Every writing convention is valid, and usually hinges on how it is executed in order to be accepted or decried as "bad writing". I'll use 5Ds as an example. Even though Yusei didn't "officially" lose his Duel to Kiryu's Earthbound God, there was no doubt in either the audience or characters' minds that he had been beaten. And as the only conclusion to a defeat would have been death, it makes sense to avoid having him die by having his LP hit 0.

Contrasted, Zexal's first Duel of Kaito vs Yuma also made it absolutely clear that Yuma and Astral had been outplayed, and the penalty for losing was Astral's death, the loss of Yuma's soul, and the capture of the Numbers. However...the plot fumbled the "Duel interruption" a little bit. While it was in-character for Kaito to abandon whatever he was doing to go to Haruto, it was executed fairly poorly and felt like a bit of a cop-out.

While I'd like Reiji to win to establish he is a worthy adversary to Yuya, and also avoid a boring, invincible protagonist, I think that any number of options for concluding the Duel without a major loss to the status quo would be acceptable. I just don't think that Yuya should WIN, because Reiji is clearly a superior player in every way.

Episode 14 (the next after this week) is titled, according to the wikia: "Hot-Blooded!! Shuzo Dojo!"
Whci might indicate that Yuya loses the duel, but at least some of You Show's former students and its principal go found a new duel school in its place, probably in order to avoid joining LDS, which will probably keep all of You Show's properties - and with Reiji having access to Pendulum Summon, maybe they'll quit on recruiting Yuya, at least for now?
But, frankly, I think you guys are being a little bit too insistent on your personal ideas for the series. Not losing You Show or having Yuya and Reiji's duel interrupted does not necessarily amount to bad writing, it depends on the circumstances surrounding those events and their consequences; in other words, how the writers handle those moves and the way they affect the plot as a whole. Besides, in the end, that's only a personal opinion, which, while possibly corresponding to the average viewer's ideals, does not translate into an absolute, objective truth. There's no such thing in life, much less in art; the existence of such concepts in this category is merely an illusion promoted by some overly-pretentious and self-absorbed scholars who want to monopolize all thought schools on this subject for their own selfish, megalomaniacal reasons.
I just wished to share my two cents on the matter; no pretension or hope of changing your opinions on what constitutes good writing, much less on the Arc-V's issue. It's just that it annoys me to no end when people try to establish rigid delimitations on how each form of art should be executed, which goes totally against my personal phiilosophy on the subject.

No, shit writing very much exists. To defend it makes you an idiot.

I'm not even calling out arc-v for it, as it's petty good so far, but where are black and whites in writing, and most YGOs fall in the black. Heavily.

No, shit writing very much exists. To defend it makes you an idiot.

I'm not even calling out arc-v for it, as it's petty good so far, but where are black and whites in writing, and most YGOs fall in the black. Heavily.

I don't think he said there's no such thing as bad writing. I think he said, firstly, that how something is handled plays a part in how good it is, and that people have varying opinions on what is considered good.

After all, one person's idea of a plot twist being brilliant will undoubtedly be viewed as stupid and weak to others.

Episode 14 (the next after this week) is titled, according to the wikia: "Hot-Blooded!! Shuzo Dojo!"

We are all pretty aware that execution goes over concept here.

In ZeXal, the idea of a main character whose boss card options would get better and more varied over time based on the opponents it'd take down throughout his adventure, was a pretty good one.

To have that character resort to more asspulls than any other character in Yugioh history through instantly created situational one-shot Zexal Weapons and the same repetitive boss monster getting upgrades to cover for the effects of cards that he already owned in the form of attained Numbers or potentially unrevealed ones, was pretty ironic how badly it turned out now that I put it this way....

While on ZeXal's topic, we have the cool concept of Galaxy Eyes and Utopia's effects for the main characters. Being prettty solid cards on their own right.

For execution in ZeXal's writing? Well it goes along the lines of "Crap.. how do we consistently design opposing threats for a 2500 ATK monster that needs to get attacked 3 times by another Number to be killed, or a Dragon that cannot be killed via battle at all, while keeping it fast and not resorting to constant card removal like in IRL competitive games? Oh I know, let's negate their effects all the time! Yeah, it's not like we could make detaching effects or setting Utopia face-down or any other alternatives like that to play with.... let's just negate, AND BURN!"

Well, I can't speak for everyone, but I can safely assume that while we strongly have our own ideas and predictions, we are still open enough to analyze whatever that ends up happening with a cold head.

Taking Yuzu's loss as an example of "You did a good job there".

I've been talking for a long time about how Yugioh particularly seems to crap on the concept of strong girl leads, ditching Aki's badass character past Fortune Cup, or having Kotori be the most non-sensical "best friend" cheerleader that doesn't know the game well after years of watching Yuma (and if Yuma was considered under-average for dueling, what was she then?).

Well, I totally accept Yuzu's loss here. I'm no extreme feminist that wants to make an invincible female role. They had subtle fan-service in this whole LDS thing. They strategically had it all work for their end result while allowing the re-appearance of Synchros to not end in a defeat, had the legacy of the relatively newer ZeXal era be the one to take the hit, had another girl beat Yuzu as if saying "so you shut up about it" while her being the only real victor on the LDS side, with the kind of card that's been underdog for years and is just recently starting to get some love back (Fusions). Besides, Yuzu needs to be a mess. She'll learn from this, clear her mind at some point, and maybe undergo some kind of growth (which don't ask me, I don't know what they'll do with her, really) in the future. So yeah... something like that.

So yeah, despite what we say and stick with, we all are not really in conflict with the possibilities. That definite judgement comes until we look back at the series except for Astro Dude's predictions... those are way too whacky and as much as we all try to look at different sides of it and listen to each other's thoughts, those are waaaaay too odd irrelevant. I mean, I can't think on how to analyze what is exactly wrong there, but asking for a "beach" episode with fan-service from Yuzu and Yuya's mom in swimsuit, and having Reiji and his mom suddenly go after Shingo for whatever reason despite Shingo's father being a benefactor for LDS school, the freaking Major, and his incident straight up forwarding LDS's agenda. Those are pretty "in your face" reasons for "WTF is wrong here?".

Would make this more elaborated and carefully worded, but I can't believe I took this long and now I need to hurry before school. 

I don't really have any issues with the possible results of the scenarios. Every writing convention is valid, and usually hinges on how it is executed in order to be accepted or decried as "bad writing". I'll use 5Ds as an example. Even though Yusei didn't "officially" lose his Duel to Kiryu's Earthbound God, there was no doubt in either the audience or characters' minds that he had been beaten. And as the only conclusion to a defeat would have been death, it makes sense to avoid having him die by having his LP hit 0.

Contrasted, Zexal's first Duel of Kaito vs Yuma also made it absolutely clear that Yuma and Astral had been outplayed, and the penalty for losing was Astral's death, the loss of Yuma's soul, and the capture of the Numbers. However...the plot fumbled the "Duel interruption" a little bit. While it was in-character for Kaito to abandon whatever he was doing to go to Haruto, it was executed fairly poorly and felt like a bit of a cop-out.

While I'd like Reiji to win to establish he is a worthy adversary to Yuya, and also avoid a boring, invincible protagonist, I think that any number of options for concluding the Duel without a major loss to the status quo would be acceptable. I just don't think that Yuya should WIN, because Reiji is clearly a superior player in every way.

Pretty much. I mean had Kaito waited literally two more seconds, he would have won.

Arc V is still only on epsiode 12, so let's just wait and see. 

Strangely, wasn't this about the same time into the series that Yuma and Kaito had that duel?

Thanks for the answers, guys, loved your analyses!

But, unfortunately, it appears that the wikia was updated with the exact full synopsis for episode 13 posted a while here. While it makes me sad that Reiji and Yuya's duel will most likely be interrupted, I'm hoping that the new appearance of the Dark Duelist may help develop the plot a little more. And that episode 14 title makes me suspicious about You Show supposedly keeping its integrity even in face of that revelation. I'll cross my fingers for any of this to come true :

Also, what'd you think if DD did that precisely in order to prevent Yuya from losing this crucial duel? Or to take advantage of both Reiji and Himika's absence at LDS?

If the Duel is interrupted because of the Dark Duelist attacking LDS in some way, this would actually be logical in my eyes.

Here's why:

-The Dark Duelist asked Shingo about the LDS badge before their Duel ended. He wanted information and Shingo didn't have anything of use. So he left, intending to pursue another avenue. If, shortly after that confrontation, the Dark Duelist makes another attack on LDS, this makes sense that he didn't just bide his time for no reason.

- Reiji leaving to investigate, as CEO of said company, is a logical decision. He apparently has Pendulums in his possession already, and another attack while Yuya is Dueling him all but proves Yuya wasn't involved in the first attack. It's an ironclad alibi for Yuya, and will reassure Yuzu and the others that Yuya had nothing to do with it.

In addition, You Show would be somewhat cleared of damaging LDS' honor because Yuya was definitely not involved.

If the Duel is interrupted because of the Dark Duelist attacking LDS in some way, this would actually be logical in my eyes.

Here's why:

-The Dark Duelist asked Shingo about the LDS badge before their Duel ended. He wanted information and Shingo didn't have anything of use. So he left, intending to pursue another avenue. If, shortly after that confrontation, the Dark Duelist makes another attack on LDS, this makes sense that he didn't just bide his time for no reason.

- Reiji leaving to investigate, as CEO of said company, is a logical decision. He apparently has Pendulums in his possession already, and another attack while Yuya is Dueling him all but proves Yuya wasn't involved in the first attack. It's an ironclad alibi for Yuya, and will reassure Yuzu and the others that Yuya had nothing to do with it.

In addition, You Show would be somewhat cleared of damaging LDS' honor because Yuya was definitely not involved.

Do you thik it  will also potentially cause Shingo lose credibility in general?

Considering his injuries weren't as severe as we, the audience, thought and he was faking for sympathy I say...

DUH!

I'm not sure if you're fully aware of how ironic this post is.

ANYWAY... Dark Duelist could totally be doing this just to get at LDS while it's top dogs are out of commission. Not only are the head (Himka) and the best duelist and CEO of the owner company (Reiji) elsewhere, the best students in every form of advanced summoning are gone from the school as well. He couldn't have picked a better time to attack it.

I wonder if he realized he might have implicated Yuya, and is doing this to help clear him? After all, he's shown nothing but protective instincts towards Yuzu, it makes sense that he wouldn't want to make life unnecesarily difficult for Yuya as well, since he and Yuzu are on the same side.

Of course, I don't think we'll know how the Dark Duelist views Yuya until the two actually meet. Hell, he might turn out to think Yuya's a serious threat, for all we know.

Anyone know when episode 12 will be subbed? I've been sitting here since yesterday patiently waiting for the subbed version of this episode to be uploaded to Chia Anime.

Episode 12 is still uncooked.

I've been watching episodes subbed on the Tuesday sometimes, and it's always been done by the Wednesday night before.

Why, why, why does it always take forever to sub the most important/exciting episodes? It was like this throughout Zexal. They'd get the shitty filler stuff subbed in a day like eps 27-30, but then the big duels you'd have to wait weeks. I swear they do this deliberately. :(

Episode 12 is still uncooked.

I've been watching episodes subbed on the Tuesday sometimes, and it's always been done by the Wednesday night before.

Why, why, why does it always take forever to sub the most important/exciting episodes? It was like this throughout Zexal. They'd get the shitty filler stuff subbed in a day like eps 27-30, but then the big duels you'd have to wait weeks. I swear they do this deliberately. :(

Sometimes, I suspect the higher quality episodes are harder to translate and time, especially with heavy dialogue.

There's a lot of info in that duel about Reiji's personality. I'm not actually very sure how to judge him.

His cards say "Gonna make a contract with you so I can gain power, but gonna find a loophole in it once I have what I want" which is a giant red no-no flag for any contracts he'd make with any of the schools that gave him the rights of those alternate Summoning methods.

At the same time, he doesn't actually sound very antagonistic, per say. Or at the very least, he's not an ass like Kaiba or early Chazz were since we can see he's not disrespecting Yuya not his father in any way, and even shut up one of his own members for doing so.

(Watch as the dub ruins this by having some generic dialog along the lines of "And soon your pathetic duel school will belong to me along with the Pendulum Summon! *insert evil laugh here*")

Archived