(Leaderboard) Yumemi Okazaki vs Kwisatz-Haderach (Vote. Now!)

Maeriberii Haan

Rules

1. All YCM and Leaderboard Rules Apply
2. Cards must be PM'd to me.
3. First to 3 votes or most by the deadline wins.
4. Votes must have a valid reason, and must be 2 sentences long at minimum.
5. Winner gets 1 Rep from loser.
6. Written Cards are allowed.

Deadline

Card must be PM'd to me by 48 hours after I accepted the challenge.

Votes deadline is 72 hours after cards are up.

What should be made?

Create an non-completely generic Xyz monster with unorthodox material requirements (nothing like 2/whatever (insert type/attribute/archetype name) monsters. Something more creative, but still logical.)

READ BEFORE VOTING: DUE TO SEVERAL MISHAPS, THE IMAGES AND TEXT MIGHT NOT BE THE SAME. PLEASE VOTE ACCORDING TO THE WRITTEN TEXT BELOW THE CARD IMAGE.

[spoiler='Card A']

bhMVOK1.jpg

All face-up monsters you control (min. 3)
When this card is Xyz Summoned: Increase this card's ATK by 100 x the combined original Levels/Ranks of the monsters used for its Xyz Summon. While you control this face-up card, monsters cannot be Special Summoned from your Extra Deck, except by card effects. If this card would be destroyed by battle or by a card effect, you can banish the top card of your Deck face-down instead. This effect can be used only once while this card is face-up on the field. Once per turn, during your opponent's Main Phase 1 or Battle Phase: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card; this card loses 1000 ATK until the End Phase, and if it does, increase this card's ATK (permanently) by 1000 during your next Standby Phase. If this card has 3000 or more ATK, it cannot attack your opponent directly, unless you pay Life Points equal to half the difference between your and your opponent's Life Points.[/spoiler]

[spoiler='Card B']2fZXBVv.jpg

2 Level 8 monsters with 2000 or lower original ATK

If this card is Xyz Summoned successfully and it's the 3rd or later turn of the duel; all empty card zones on the field cannot be used by either players your opponent's End Phase. Once per turn, you can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card; banish up to 3 cards from either player's graveyard face-down. When this card would destroy a monster by battle; banish the monster instead. Other monsters you control cannot declare an attack as long as you control this face-up card.[/spoiler]

Well. You can make any requirements for the material except things like ''x Level x monsters'', ''x Level x something-type monster'', ''x level x attribute monster'', or ''x level x 'insert archetype name here' monsters'', with x being any number possible in Yugioh. So, things like ''2 Level 4 monsters'', ''2 level 4 DARK monsters'' and the likes are forbidden, while ''2 Level 4 Normal Summoned monsters'', ''2 Level 4 Synchro monsters'' or things like that are allowed. But don't make it too complicated.

Card A:

The whole gaining and losing ATK only complicates things, and if I understood the effect correctly, it's a mere beater with an only-once protection against destruction who needs monsters of high Level to reach a high ATK. Also, is has too many restrictions that in my opinion are unecessary. The card needs at least 3 Level 7+ monsters to start with a threatening ATK of 2600, then it locks your Extra Deck, and if its get too much ATK you need to pay to attack directly. That doesn't look good.

Card B:

It provides excellent control over the Graveyard, and a handy temporary lock over the field, even if it only lasts 1 turn. The summoning conditions are a bit tricky to fulfill but they can be done with the aid of Level-manipulation cards such as Galaxy Queen's Light, and some monsters like Mythic Dragons and Gimmick Puppets already fulfill them so decks with those monsters would automatically have access to this card.

My vote goes for Card B because it provides Graveyard control, something that few Xyzs do, whereas Card B is barely good when it needs dedication to do what it is apparently intended to do, which is beating.

Card A: It's a rather risky card, as it requires a full field sacrifice, and is dependent on those levels. It goes great if you play it right, though the people able to do such a thing are few in number.

Card B: Requiring level 8 monsters with 2000 or less attack on the field would make this card difficult to summon, but it's effects will seal down an opponent's graveyard, and effectively skip their next turn on summon.

Between these two, I choose Card A because it is easier to summon, especially in decks that spam special summoning, I.E. Six Samurai. Much more useful card in my opinion.

Card A: It's a rather risky card, as it requires a full field sacrifice, and is dependent on those levels. It goes great if you play it right, though the people able to do such a thing are few in number.

Card B: Requiring level 8 monsters with 2000 or less attack on the field would make this card difficult to summon, but it's effects will seal down an opponent's graveyard, and effectively skip their next turn on summon.

Between these two, I choose Card A because it is easier to summon, especially in decks that spam special summoning, I.E. Six Samurai. Much more useful card in my opinion.

Card B gets my vote for several reasons.

It does follow the standard summoning conditions for an Xyz (with an explicit Level) but still maintains the contest requirement, provides a field lock on its summoning turn and your opponent's one afterwards, can fuel decks that focus on banishing cards. As Venoshock mentioned, it's tricky to get out but several Decks can do it.

Card A requires a good amount of effort to even make it remotely usable, locks your Extra Deck, offers one-time only protection from battle/card effects, has a weird ATK decrease/increasing effect and requires you to pay LP if it reaches over 3k to attack directly. Unless you use stuff like Cruiser or level altering cards (and/or RUMs), this card is unnecessarily difficult to summon for whatever it has to do.

Card A is pretty weak, too much restriction to use and the benefits are not worth enough, 1-time protection (only 1? just y?), high ATK from either summoning or effect (but with that annoying 3k restriction), but have ED lock, while Card B has some interesting Summoning Condition there, its effects are legit, zone lock on Summon is nice and those banishing effects are also great, and that part of malefic condition stop it from being OP, with that my vote go to Card B

Archived