Blueblood [ OoC | PG-16 | Started | Not Accepting ]

Aix

But it's really unlikely that all battles would happen exclusively in space. For example, when trying to subjugate organized resistance on a planet, especially a planet equipped with shield generators and anti-ship weaponry, you would probably have to enter the atmosphere. In cases of big planets with long-range weaponry, ships that could cross longer distances faster would probably be preferable to mechs, that would be used for close-quarters combat. Also, shape would be a distinct advantage here.

Then there's a much more practical reason. Efficiently piloting a mech in battle would be many orders of difficulty above piloting a ship. So in the interest of actually utilizing those who cannot pilot a mech efficiently, but are good ship pilots, it's pretty likely that the military would create smaller ships for tactical combat.

Also I don't mind. Perhaps we can decide on a few models and split them between us?

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

But it's really unlikely that all battles would happen exclusively in space. For example, when trying to subjugate organized resistance on a planet, especially a planet equipped with shield generators and anti-ship weaponry, you would probably have to enter the atmosphere. In cases of big planets with long-range weaponry, ships that could cross longer distances faster would probably be preferable to mechs, that would be used for close-quarters combat. Also, shape would be a distinct advantage here.

Then there's a much more practical reason. Efficiently piloting a mech in battle would be many orders of difficulty above piloting a ship. So in the interest of actually utilizing those who cannot pilot a mech efficiently, but are good ship pilots, it's pretty likely that the military would create smaller ships for tactical combat.

Also I don't mind. Perhaps we can decide on a few models and split them between us?

I suppose you could, go ahead and create some bios for them then.

Vector you went a little too far with the IC post, you already had sufficient material so let the others do stuff before blasting off.

While this is on my mind, I have a question I'd like to ask.  Are the Player Characters heads of the various portions of the crew they represent a part of?  Like, for example, would the Mecha Pilots be squad leaders and the support personnel leaders of teams?  I ask because I don't think it has been made clear yet.

So can I do some not-really-bios-but-let's-call-them-bios-because-Zaiguard-did-so for ships? Given that I'm playing a pilot and all.

Also am I correct in assuming that there are also smaller ships that are meant to be used by a single person? (like X-Wings in Star Wars) I understand mechs would be used for that purpose, but there are advantages to having smaller ships as well.

EDIT: Such ninja much speed wow

Speaking of Zai doing mech bios, Aix if you want I could do weapon profiles for you so that we have some sort of standard weaponry for each faction.

So am I like, the official mech guy now?

If that's the case, then I'd like to get started writing an in-depth guide to mecha in this rp, so that we can get any and all confusion on how they work, what their weapons do, how fast they go, etc. out of the way. Maybe do some flavor like history on them  and famous pilots and what have you too while i'm at it.

As well, since Elly and Vector wanna do ships and weapons, we could maybe collaborate and just drop a whole big guide to technology in here... possibly.

EDIT: unrelated, but since a looooot of the ideas and random crap that's been getting done on the rp has started in the skype chat, i think its a good idea to get every single participant in there. I strongly suggest pming me your skype names so i can add you. Or, if you dont want me to have that contact info, just ask someone else who's there.

EDIT 2- Electric Boogaloo: This is entirely random, but i've made a spotify playlist of tracks that, for me, fit Blueblood. If anyone wants me to share it/let you add stuff like character themes and whatnot to it, let me know and i'll be happy to oblige.

posted. thank. god for that auto saving.

when i was a good 90 percent done with the post, i accidentally pressed this stupid button that defaults the current webpage to the homepage, which btdubs, is conveniently right next to the backspace button [rages internally] so i thought id lost all that i typed up.

Since we're still missing a few of you from the skype chat, i figured that i'd post this here as well. (But you guys who aren't in it should seriously get in it, js)

Mugendramon and I came to the conclusion the other day that the rp will become extravagantly bogged down onc eit reaches a point where all of the characters are involved in a combat scenario. There are a whopping 14 (15 if you count his holiness Tim Tim) player characters alone, and that isnt counting any named npcs, mooks, and other pcs that may show up later. Needless to say, waiting on that many people to resolve combat actions will drastically slow things down, and should there be a boss fight of some sort, than it will take even longer waiting for the entire cast to interact and fight against one enemy. Plus stuff like this means people who cant post that day or whatever might get left behind as the action progresses.

All of the above doesn't sound healthy for the rp, and I for one am really enjoying it and don't wanna see it die because its awesome.

Luckily, We've concocted and tested a solution to this problem. And it seems to work out really really well. It involves using short-ish 6-7 line posts and a chatroom, among other things, and i'd like to get as many participants as possible together soon so mugen and I can demonstrate the system and get feedback on it/tweak it so that everything gets streamlined and functional by the time our characters inevitably launch in their machines, so they can go off to kick tons of ass without it taking days/weeks to resolve the combat.

For reference, i'll include how the system currently works below:

[spoiler=Combat system]1.There is a rigid post order in the chatroom, with each person posting in order as one character. If an rper (or the gm controlling teh npcs) is controlling another character, they must make a second post for that character on that character's turn. One round of everyone posting consists of roughly 6 seconds in-rp

2. not including dialogue, each post must be seven lines in length or less, roughly.

3. each post in a round occurs simultaneously within the round's six second window.

4. THE NARRATOR! serves to moderate the combat. after every round, it is THE NARRATOR!'s job to tell the participants where their machines are relative to to either a fixed point on the battlefield or one another, whether or not their attacks/actions hit/miss/succeed/fail, what levels of damage their machines have to what parts, etc. THE NARRATOR! is also in charge of describing the battlefield and playing the bgm for the battle.

5. Before combat begins, every rper must state for the group what machine they are flying, what its weapons are, a brief blurb about its capabilities, and its starting location relative to whatever THE NARRATOR! decides to use to measure locations from. [/spoiler]

Mugen, when you see this, please edit in anything I've forgotten to add.

EDIT: special thanks to lunar and ketodama for taking part in the test today, and to all three of you with putting up with Eryn's Mech's shenanigans

Alright, bad news time. I am going to becoming more and more inactive over the next few weeks. IRL issues concerning my academics, as well as the last few tournaments for my Speech and Debate Team are going to be my top priority until summer blessedly arrives. In addition, I am currently working on a few projects that I would like to divert the majority of my attention to that I hope to be premiering in a relatively short time. I should have calculated for this, and as such shouldn't have joined the RP in the first place. I realize that my drawing out may pose problems, as someone now must now carry Roy's character until such time it is appropriate to see him killed off or appropriately handled with in some other fashion. At the same time, I see how much effort most of you are putting into this RP and I don't want to become a hindrance to you all as I desperately try to keep up with, and ultimately failing at, all the action. I feel it is best if I resign from the RP, handing over Roy to anyone who is willing to take him on. Again, I apologize and wish you all the best of luck. Hope you guys make it to the end. 

So long.

Oh, yes, Cray Crow and H.N. Elly have to post. When you do, Cray, imply that Lucius and Eryn have made it on board so we can get moving since they're just following Lore. Elly, please don't try to deviate the course of this RP, it does just make things difficult, and anti-space fleet defense systems would be rather useless when there's 200 mechs on the ground that can go and disable it quickly, if they haven't already.

... Yeah see about that it's called getting a Skype so...

Oh, yes, Cray Crow and H.N. Elly have to post. When you do, Cray, imply that Lucius and Eryn have made it on board so we can get moving since they're just following Lore. Elly, please don't try to deviate the course of this RP, it does just make things difficult, and anti-space fleet defense systems would be rather useless when there's 200 mechs on the ground that can go and disable it quickly, if they haven't already.

It's called for very personal reasons that I'd rather not say in public I don't have a Skype, and have no plans in getting, if that means I need to drop this RP then be it, but I'm extremely uncomfortable with Skype.

Also Aix I apologize with any difficulties I may have caused, I've done it twice now and I promise it won't happen again.  

After much hard work and some blown out eardrums, Myself, Lunar, and Mugendramon are proud to present to you.....

[spoiler=]

X1NGeBI.png

Featuring:

1. Opening Theme: Savior of Song

[spoiler=Battle Tracks] PlCZSLW.png

2. Panther

3. Shuugeki! Soshite...

4. Mars

5. Force

6. Dance of Thorns

7. Mayhem

8. Slaughter

9. Engaged

10. Chemical Plant

11. Nuclear Fusion

12. Rollin'

13. The Decisive Battle

14. Mobile Suit

15. Satan Battle

16. Master of Shadow

17. Iron Knight

[/spoiler]

[Spoiler= Drama Tracks]

IjBb0yC.png

18. The Answer

19. Mechanized Memories

20. The Mother Will Returns

21. I'll Face Myself

22. Green-Eyed Jealousy

23. Unicorn (pitched up)

24. Warhammer of Zillyhoo

25. Yuuka's Music Box

26. Even in Death

27. EVA 00

28. Shin Seijuro

[/spoiler]

[Spoiler=Background tracks]

0tfnMYk.png

29. Misato

30. Rival Battle

31. Fuschia Ruler

32. Stardust Speedway Bad Future

33. Otto~ For a Change

34. Take on me (Instrumental)

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Insert Songs & Character Themes]

1ldTq5p.png

35. Parousia (Lonn's Theme)

36. Wareta Ringo (Lucius's Theme)

37. Apocalyptica (Lore's Theme)

38. Stardust Speedway Good Future (Herrman's Theme)

39. Never forget (Mithna's Theme)

40. You're Gonna Go Far, Kid (Tobias's Theme)

41. Blumenkranz (Adora's Theme)

42. Seed A Barren Earth (Eryn's Theme)

43. INFINITY (Daiki's Theme)

44. The Battle is to the Strong (Ismina's Theme)

45. FUCK YES! TIM TIM'S THEME IS ON THIS ALBUM!

46. Little Lion Man (Rose's Theme)

47. Be Survivor

48. Cosmos

49. Wahreit

50. Fighting Dreamers

51. Believe in my Existence

52. Remind You

53. Nikopol

[/spoiler]

[Spoiler=One-Shots]
Bmy7Fjr.png

54. Attack the Frontier (swordplay)

55. The Birthday Massacre (-REDACTED-)

56. Mayor Maynot (Goofy Fight)

[/spoiler]

57. Ending Theme: The Everlasting Guilty Crown

SFsK6od.png

The Youtube Playlist of the entire album

[/spoiler]

Enjoy!

EDIT: In the spirit of our fine logo at the time of this post, we've hidden an easter egg within it. see if you can find it/figure out what it is.

Holy crap that's a lot of songs, impressive work my friend.  I guess Draegan's not photogenic enough to feature on the album art.  : P

Speaking of Draegan (and Rygan, while we're here) I couldn';t find themes in those two apps for them, hence why they don't have them on the OST. Vector and KEto, I'd be more than happy to add them to the ost if you guys wanna find them.

this rp is getting sooo much dedication. its staggering

We try :P

Archived