Blueblood [ OoC | PG-16 | Started | Not Accepting ]

Aix

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Your A.I. is bound to the laws. Not the mech itself. Those don't normally think.

See the laws of asimov are in place to make sure no machine gets too smart for humanity's good. If your machine doesn't actually think for itself, then it needs not the laws.

If your mech can think for itself, it's now a full-fledged robot rather than a mech. Then again, it will only prevent itself from blowing up another mech if it is self-aware enough to reason that there must be living sentients in those other mechs. It could be an interesting plot point.

i also thought Draegon and his mecha are op'd.

as far as whether or not the mecha follow those three laws. i don't think they'd apply to them. as long as the mecha didn't have an ai. some internal programming, sure. just operational purposes and interfaces, but no ai.

@Lucatiel, Rose and Lore neeeeed to be friends.

You know, the three laws are great for this RP because they are really impractical from wars; if you want the sort of bonuses an intelligent mech would provide, you also need to cheat it into believing it's not hurting anybody.

speaking of, how does herrman get around thid when/if he pilots? Is he programed not to recognise that enemy mecha are manned?

As well, couldnt you get away with an ai if its programmed only to assit the pilot in operating the mech, (such as painting targets on radar or helping with complex manuvers etc) rather than assisting lethal actions in any way?

I actually mentioned that in the app.

Absolute sync with Mechs: Herrman is able to download his core program into an unpiloted mech for absolute control over its systems. This maximizes efficiency in combat but denies the possibility of termination.

He cannot shoot to kill.

As for the AI, it would depend on whether it could physically operate the mech's body, or whether it could be switched off. If either is the case, then the pilot can manually fuck shit up while the AI watches in distress, or the AI can be turned of then shit can be manually fucked up.

Archived