[Sakura Contest Series 4] Genryū/Wyrm Contest (Not Accepting / Judging)

Er, Sakura, you may want to look over your side of the table again. Either I'm seeing things, or some of the scores you put in there are different from the ones in your previous post.

@afun's card: Out of what you mentioned, 'if' instead of 'when' isn't an error, both are correct and mean different things. As for 'successfully', is it actually an error? It caught my attention, but a quick Ctrl + F through the OCG thread revealed nothing, so I assumed it correct. And as for the 's' in monsters... yeah, embarrassingly enough, I missed that (I was kind of pressed for time on those last cards). The maximum number of points I'd have subtracted there would be 1, which I believe is an acceptable margin for error, though. I can revise said grade, if Sakura feels it is necessary / fair / acceptable to do so.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, there were some errors on my side of the grade table; forgot that I copy/pasted the function from Thunderclap's one so I may have forgotten to put the correct scores.

However, the members that did get their scores mixed up weren't in the top 4 so no change of awards is necessary.

z3GzpdP.png

(Ignore the previous one on the confirmation page; however winners are still the same.)

OCG-wise, Konami sorta got rid of that last time I checked, but then again, they aren't always consistent so I didn't mark points off if things conflicted.

I just went through some cards and I'm a bit iffy of something, for afunworm's card which Vector gave full score for OCG parts, I just spotted some mistakes, like "During your opponent's turn, when you successfully Synchro Summoned a Synchro Monster" or "3 Genryu-Type monsters from your Graveyard into the Deck." Well some errors maybe negligible, but I don't think some obviously typo like Synchro Summoned or 3 Genryu-Type monsters could survive at least a point deduction

Hi Aqua,

Thank you so much for the input! I just am pretty sure "Summon" is the correct word, because the way I worded it was "...if you successfully Synchro Summon a Synchro monster..." not "...if a Synchro monster is successfully Summoned...". You can find Synchro Material to be worded the same way.

"...if ... can..." was intentionally worded to prevent mistiming.

About "successfully", I wasn't sure about whether to put it there or not, but I looked up a several cards with that rulings and it turns out to be a correct OCG term.

And yeah! S for plural! I always miss that! :D

Just thought to point them out for clarification.

Thanks again everyone.

@Oriannis: Yeah, you made into 4th place; while you don't get repped for it, a GFX prize is still given for placing. Make sure you save it or put it away somewhere; though it'll always be in here if you forget.

@afunworm: As for the "successfully" part, it's used on older cards a lot; newer ones omit that last time I checked. But as mentioned earlier, Konami is inconsistent with their writing so points weren't deducted.

Anyway, thanks to all of you for entering [I'll give out your other two reps, afunworm; I didn't do earlier because of net problems]. Vector's also getting repped for his help.

With that said, I'm going to close the thread now. Any further questions can be PMed.

Archived