What made you decide on your Username?

Zauls

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I played Disaster Dragon back in the day. That deck was commonly described as an aggro deck.

So I put 2 & 2 together and got AggroDrago.

Then after a year or two of realizing everyone was only gonna call me Aggro, I shortened my name just to that.

Finally, everyone was doing all these crazy name changes back in the day and I decided to one up everyone buy only taking out 1 of the "g"s in my name.

Now I am Agro. Maybe I'll shorten it again.

Current name is by a mod, though the one it was changed from was a flat joke with no real meaning behind it.

However, "A Background Character" actually has some meaning behind it. It signifies that I feel that I'm not of any importance to this website at all, and also hints that I like to be different since "A Background Character" is a more of a descriptor than an actual username. I also don't tell much about myself, like how background characters have hardly any detail put into them as they aren't important enough.

I have a tendency to go through phases of near-obsession on a topic or object for a period of time. Around the time I found the site, it was probably an obsession with GX's Supreme King and/or Dark Fusion and Super Polymerization.

Most of my usernames with...everything tend to be two real words written as one, all in lowercases (this is probably an unintentional trend, but I noticed it after a while, with at least 3 or 4 sites demonstrating it).

I also have a liking for dramatic, admittedly cliche phrases like "dark". So, calling myself "darkfusion" felt a bit too cliche and trite for me and "superfusion" lacked the dramatic feel I liked. So I used "evilfusion".

And I never changed my name. It became my identity on this site, and I never really wanted to be anything else. The only name change I ever did was to see if I liked the look of a capitalized "E" (and to test a theory that mods couldn't change their name with the screwed up powers we had at the time. That was false). I did NOT like the look, so I changed it back immediately.

Mako was my dad's old coast guard nickname (we still sometimes argue who has the right to use in in our house).

109 is from the Messerschmitt Bf 109.

All while trying to come up with a name to use in Pocket Tanks.

It's the nickname I've been using since forever in every website, but initially it was Wildfire, because of this guy's attack:

27.jpg

(Yeah, I played mill in my first TCG ever with only 3 sets out, that's how much of an asshole I am)

But then in one site Wildfire was already taken, so I picked Wildflame and ended up liking it more, and here we are today.

When I got into the game proper in 2006 or so, I started with the Machine Re-Volt Structure Deck. AGGD was undeniably powerful since I could revive it unlike Golem. It stuck as one of my favourite cards, thus it became my username in the Wikia, this forum, along with anything else vaguely card game related.

Depends on which time my name was changed to Yankee.

The first time was because I'm a Yankee fan.

Then I changed to Resonating Lust for a while. 

Then to C-2

Then back to Yankee.

This time just because everybody already knew me as Yankee. Might as well stay that way.

Shradow is just some name a friend of mine back in middle school made up, and I thought it was cool so I've been using it ever since.

My secondary username, which I use for places where Shradow is taken (which only ever happens if I'm making a second account, since no one ever takes Shradow but me), is Ragaror, which is just some fantasy-esque name I made up on the spot.

Marsuvees Black, evil incarnate.

Old name was not obvious, as were other names, but it was generally "______ Black". Tainted, Ravenous, Blaster, Illusionary, etc. Though, people thinking I was a girl as "Maribelle" was funny.

Actually got called Ravenous, chosen as a synonym for Greed when I was on a Greed the Avaricious kick, but I finally got everyone bar Cursed/Rai to call me Black.

Thar is just a short name for a nickname I received at one of my jobs. One of my co-workers saw me making Blizzards one day and called me "Lothar, gladiator of the Blizzards." I've been going by that name until I quit that job to move, and when I stumbled back upon this place, I was asked to change my name, which is when Lothar came to mind. So I used that, and people shortened it. Pretty much.

Syphilis isn't even that bad.

Gauguin died from syphilitic insanity, so there's always that.

Umm, lessee...

tectonix55/Tectonix: First alias here. Was during my geology phase.
Rinne: Learning about Buddhism at the time, and looked up the Japanese word for reincarnation.
Phosphorus: The "rin" in "Rinne" can also be written as 燐, or "phosphorus." Also because I was tired of people thinking my somewhat-androgynous alias and patterns of writing made me a girl. P:

Me and my friend were discussing the way that the letter "p" is basically useless and that most words benefit from it's removal, such as ineapple, enicillin, otato, and most importantly Enguin.

I like how "apple" becomes "ale" from this.

• 3 weeks later...

dead hina and aqua hina are my hina role models... in honor of them i decided on hina for the second part.

destinyexodia is my duelist name.

OOPS: i hope i didnt bump unessecarly... b/c i jsut relixed that the last post before me was on 5/9/2014

When I was a complete newbie in Yugioh the friend that I actively dueled was nicknamed Jaden. He used Jaden decks. I've always had a liking for Dark Magician purely because of first season so I used atem/Yugi decks the most. I was a Yaoi fangirl. As for the X which usually means pairings. Not a romantic pairing but a friendship deep enough Jaden(Josh) is who my son is named after. He's the godfather too^^

Archived