FIFA World Cup 2014 Brazil General Discussion

Maeriberii Haan

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was about to make a long ass post on the backgrounds of Bosnian players and how much being in Brazil meant to most people but 1) I just got my pasta and 2) the WC shouldn't be so terribly political.

Germany stomping. Amazing.

love to see those portugese c***s get beaten

The BBC did a good video package about this. It is a good story and I think YCM would benefit from it being posted here when you have time.

So if the US can beat Portugal, they may not even care about the Germany game.

Assuming Altadore and Dempsey are fine, they have a good chance.

Watched the US game. Really enjoyed it. Glad for the Americans, but doubt Altidore will play again this tournament (his goalscoring record in the Premier League is s*** anyway and none of us could work out why you're playing him)

Belgium win. Mexico hold Brazil. My £100 looking still on the cards a remote possibility a hopeless pipe dream til next weekend at least.

"ANOTHER SAVE"

Do they really count it as a save when they kick it right at the goalie? I know there are times the goalie can fuck up, like England's goalie did against the US in the last world cup, but something like when Ochoa dived and saved a goal should be what's counted as a save, not when he stood in place and the ball hit him in the chest :\

Yeah I know the feel for Bosnia, my grandparents live down there and their house got flooded. I'll leave the rant to Reus tho. I'm sure you've got a very good understanding of the situation as well. 

BUT BRAZIL CAN GO SUCK MY DICK. THAT LAST GAME JUST PROVES THAT THE FIRST ONE WAS SET UP AND I CAN NOT TELL YOU HOW FURIOUS I STILL AM. THEY WOULD BE OUT OF THE RUNNING IF THAT CROATIA AND BRAZIL GAME WASN'T SET UP. I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE THEM LOSE. 

Also I'm in love with the US fan base, they have such a good spirit. It's so cute, also the players significantly improved. 

Ochoa GK of the year.

Knee-jerk premature giving of award of the year?

It was a great one-off performance, occasionally you get inspired performances. Lot more football left.

"ANOTHER SAVE"

Do they really count it as a save when they kick it right at the goalie? I know there are times the goalie can f*** up, like England's goalie did against the US in the last world cup, but something like when Ochoa dived and saved a goal should be what's counted as a save, not when he stood in place and the ball hit him in the chest :\

Gotta get your body in the way.

See Akinfeev's mess up last night for Russia. That was right at him =/

BUT BRAZIL CAN GO SUCK MY DICK.

Wait, WHAT?! :o

Agreed on the last part.

Was kinda disappointed that Russia didn't win against Korea, but eh, a draw is nice too.

This is where I should probably make a clever and whitty quip about having Capello as manager making you unlike to win. Um... give me a moment...

interestingly the defending champions have gone out in the group stage 3 times in the last 4 world cups, the exception being brazil who only made it to the quarter finals in 2006. you'd have thought defending champions would be doing a little better.

interestingly the defending champions have gone out in the group stage 3 times in the last 4 world cups, the exception being brazil who only made it to the quarter finals in 2006. you'd have thought defending champions would be doing a little better.

It must be a curse.

iirc, only Italy has won twice in a row, in 1934 and 1938.

I AM SO GLAD CAMEROON GOT IT'S ASS WHOOPED. 

None of the other games in the world cup experienced so many consecutive fouls and it pissed me off. I mean it was dirty playing, they deserved to lose 4 to nothing and honestly it could of been 10 to nothing with how many missed opportunities Croatia had. I'm not even gonna talk about what happened to Manzukic in the first half, that blow to the back looked like it hurt a lot. 

Well a lot changes in 4 years, and one team that wins a world cup is many times a completely different team from the one that comes to the next one.

What doesn't change is the target on their back for having won the last world cup, meaning every team plays harder against them than they would against any other team in the World Cup. I mean, look at how Holland almost lost to Australia after tearing Spain a new one. It makes it hard to win a consecutive time when every team is giving you 110%, you're a different team dealing with high expectations, and your team may not even be close to as good as the winning team was.

Just saw Colombia vs. Cote D'Ivoire and it was pretty great even though I'm pretty neutral. Colombia went up 2-0 after a header by Rodriguez and a defensive miqueue leading to a goal for Quintero, then Gervinho for Cote D'Ivoire scored an insane goal going through like three or four guys and they were pressing towards the end but it wasn't quite enough.

Gonna watch Uruguay England am pretty psyched. xD Uruguay has their superstar Suarez back but I'm not sure he's 100% healthy.

Archived