Secret Anime Exchange: Endless Summer 2014

Agro

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rod was upset because he got you and was like "ENE'S SEEN EVERYTHING THIS ISN'T FAIR"

This.

And you had some restrictions on what you were willing to watch, so it made it even harder to find a show that you'd enjoy.

I'm glad you didn't think it was terrible :3

Unless I missed it, still waiting on Aix, Mitcher, Rapid, syber_sypher, and Zai.

Now, let me just say, I'm not sure anything in NouCome makes it a summery fit, besides having not just 1, but 2 episodes set in a pool place, but it didn't mention what time of the year it was. It also snowed. At that time. I tried watching on Crunchyroll but it was screwing up for some reason, so I just accidentally got some kinda bizarre subs. From what little I know of Japanese, I know enough that there were a lot of cases where more normal words would have fit (Scrumdiddlyumptious is usually just delicious), or they were just saying different things, sometimes completely different than what I am sure was supposed to be said (one of the possible choices for an episode title referenced JoJo's Bizarre Adventure where it clearly did not, or was at least not as obvious as that). Not that I know exactly what was said, because I should learn Japanese, but, reading those probably made it a lot funnier than it would have been otherwise. 

Ahem. The characters were typical but were legitimately entertaining, or perhaps it was just those weird subs that I enjoyed, as there were definitely a few moments that were far from natural. I mean, I'm all for being a little, to even quite a lot unrealistic, what anime isn't? It just went outside those barriers a bit too much, sometimes feeling cringy or facepalm worthy to me, because of it. Utage is, however, being added to my list of now three awesome loliadult teachers. I give it a 6/10, but that still may just be the strange as hell fansubs.

First thing's first: 45 minute episodes can be very tiring. Especially when the real action of the show starts only on episode 7.

But overall, I enjoyed Isekai no Seikishi Monogatari. The characters are well designed, well executed, and well developed. Masaki Kenish, the protagonist, isn't annoying or cocky about his super powers. But I feel like a lot of the plot wasn't explained very well. I gotta say though, the fanservice is top notch. Not excessive, not too little. In the perfect amount, I would say. What really irked me though...

[spoiler="Spoiler"]...was the ending, where Kenshi defeated Babalum just because Chiaia pushed him when she mentioned the crystals. It just didn't feel right as the end of the boss fight. It felt very forced and fake.[/spoiler]

MyAnimeList has this show in the top 300, and I don't really know why. I'll have to give it a 7/10.

My god where do I start with Angel Beats. It's one of the best anime I've watched over the past few months. Yet, there are some major flaws i. The anime that really irked me throughout it's 13 episodes.
[spoiler= Spoilers Ahead, Open If You Wish]
First off, the protagonist is as bland as can be. When I first saw him, he kinda sorta reminded me of Kirito from SAO. When I say bland, there is absolutely no character development happening at all. Actually, there is no major development within the huge cast at all. Yet the thing I liked about it was that the director managed to give the character their own spotlight and I really enjoyed that.
Another thing that irked me was that most of the plot was just lazy. There was originally supposed to be like, 26 episodes right? Well due to budget cuts, we're stuck with the minimal 13 episodes with major plot holes. I was disappointed in Kishi for that. Now, on the more positive side, I did cry a little when some of the characters passed away, especially at the end of the series. Also, I couldn't decide who was cuter, Yui or Kanade( Angel). But to be honest, Air and Clannad made me cry more than this. Other than those flaws, the animation was good and the soundtrack was phenomenal.
[/spoiler]
Even though this anime had it's major flaws, it was still a great anime.
OVERALL RATING: 8/10

I deeply apologies to the person who gifted the anime to me for what I'm about to say.

Air, it might as well have been that. I just couldn't really concentrate on it. Was really boring and I don't know, It just seemed really shallow and cliche. I don't even remember any of the characters names. Ultimately it'll be something I forget. Maybe one day I'll watch it again but for now no. It was better then the anime of "Deadman Wonderland" at least, so that's good.

Deeper thoughts later, but basically, Engaged to the Unidentified was a nice, enjoyable moe slice of life anime that is a bit uneventful which makes it drag a bit and makes it seem shallow. 

My rating would be "adequate."  

Expect a full review (possibly a video) in the next week. 

Also Agro update this s***. 

Alright, might as well.

Ano Tatsu de Matteru was the first suggestion I was given, but I never really got into it. So I asked for another one, which was Squid Girl. This one I enjoyed a lot more, as it perfectly fits my taste in comedy anime. The mood was light, the humor was just the right amount of zany, and it just made me happy watching it.

[spoiler=and there were parts where I was left in tears of adorableness]screen-shot-2011-11-15-at-3-51-55-pm.png

;~;[/spoiler]

8.5/10, and I must apologize for having whomever suggested mine choose another one. Thank you regardless.

So, I had to watch Deadman Wonderland. I thought it was boring and too quick. With only thirteen episodes, the entire thing relates around death. Death is literally the only thing that this anime has that was good, but that it because everything was about it. The characters were bland and boring, and the didn't grow at all to have any development. But, they were good killers, because all that happened was people dying. The scenes and abilities were cool, and I thought it would be awesome if they could elaborate on the abilities having meaning for the characters or something. But alas, the only thing that followed was the characters being their abilities and were set in motion to kill people. I do enjoy how the Deadman Wonderland was a carnival and a prison, supporting both the civilians and the prisoners. And the 0 floor for the Deadman with the blood abilities was interest. It was a nice exploitation of the mutations caused, which was hardly even noted because of all of the killing. I think the most interesting part of the anime was the opening. I have to say that the opening was fantastic, and I continue to listen to it. But the characters, Ganta, the twists. It was all common, abrupt and weak. Sure, if you want bloodlust, watch it, but I don't think it is really that fantastic outside of the amount of killings or attempts there are at it.

Sooooo, Tsuritama, yeah...

[spoiler=]

Lately, I've been really into slice of life anime. Particularly into the CGDCT (cute girls doing cute things) subgenre. I figured that Tsuritama would be like that, only with guys instead of girls. Well, it kinda was, but it ended up being more than that.

What I mean is, while the first part was rather slow, and focused in establishing (and later developing) the characters, the second half ended up being surprisingly climatic and dramatic. Really didn't expect that. Also, the whole ending part was handled really well. After finishing watching episode 8 I thought "Wow, at this rate they could probably pull off a really satisfying end, without leaving any loose ends". And they did it. They didn't introduce more plot points than the ones they could resolve in 12 episodes, a fault I find in many other series.

About the characters, well..., can't say I was a fan of them right from the start (the only exception being Akira, I mean, how can you not love Indian prince Tomokazu Sugita with a pet duck?). Yuki's over-nervousness, to Natsuki's unnecessarily angsty family issues, and ESPECIALLY Haru's overall annoyingness (is that really the same guy that voiced Astral?) bothered me quite a bit. But what this anime has is genuine character development, so that didn't last long. We can see the characters' growth with the progress of the story, and the results are quite amazing (particularly in Yuki's case).

I liked the focus the show gave to fishing, it made me learn about stuff I didn't knew. The art departmend was quite peculiar, but fitted perfectly with the (relaxed, sometimes silly) atmosphere of the series. Music was great, I've found myself trying to do the Enoshima dance during the OP more than once. The ending theme was also good, very soothing.

So yeah, overall I really enjoyed Tsuritama. 8/10 is my final score for it.

[/spoiler]

tl;dr Sorry for being late.

[spoiler So Steins Gate]

I suck at writing reviews so I'll make this quick. You can PM/Skype me if you want to talk about it more.

I read the manga but when I read it it felt all over the place and a lot of things went over my head. Watching the anime helped me out a lot more and when my friend watched some episodes with me toward the end it helped me appreciate how much they put into this world, or should I say these world lines?

I loved the development all the characters went through, both the what we saw of the background characters like Mr. Braun, Moeka, etc. as well as the lab members 001-004. Especially Okabe and the relationships of the lab members. The time travel was also good and the characters making effort to stay within the rules while also trying different strategies was good to watch. Any time travel story that stays consistent is good, and this was good.

I can't really think of anything else right now (I said I was bad at this) but yeah I give it a would watch again/10.[/spoiler]

Rod was upset because he got you and was like "ENE'S SEEN EVERYTHING THIS ISN'T FAIR"

This.

And you had some restrictions on what you were willing to watch, so it made it even harder to find a show that you'd enjoy.

I'm glad you didn't think it was terrible :3

That's... well it makes sense. Okay well, I've kinda of been doing other stuff so much that I've only seen 1 episode of stuff from this season, and even if I really want to watch them, there will probably be some that are going to be left sitting there... so in case anyone that becomes my secret santa in like 3 months (if we do that) remembers and has seen any of those, recommending 1 would be fine, even if I already saw an episode.

Unless I missed it, still waiting on Aix, Mitcher, Rapid, syber_sypher, and Zai.

really?

If you happen to finish your anime and want another one, feel free to send me a PM asking to see if your giver will offer up another. Please have posted your written response BEFORE requesting another anime, to make choosing another anime easier on the giver. You don't need to write anything in depth for any anime past the first, but offering some form of comment is preferred.

I did do in depth thoughts on Guilty Crown and according to the rules, do not need to do something on (what was it again?) (oh right)s-Cry-ed. but to appease you: It was kinda basically a rib off of Guilty Crown and I barely made it past the first half of the first episode before I quit on it.

really?
I did do in depth thoughts on Guilty Crown and according to the rules, do not need to do something on (what was it again?) (oh right)s-Cry-ed. but to appease you: It was kinda basically a rib off of Guilty Crown and I barely made it past the first half of the first episode before I quit on it.

Not exactly in depth, but it's better than saying something as old as s-Cry-ed (2001) is a rib off of something that came out a whole decade after it did (2011).

Sorry its late. Took me awhile to get through Samurai 7. It was totally worth it though.

[Spoiler=Review/thoughts/whatever. Beware of spoilers]

Its rare for me to run across a show that does almost everything right.

I guess i should talk about the technical stuff first. The animation is pretty good (aside from one or two episodes that had a rather jarring case of off-model and sub par animation). Nothing amazing, but its good animation, with the most detail being given to the action scenes, from what i noticed. As well, I really enjoy all of the character designs (Komachi is a ball of adorable), as they give each samurai a unique and distinct look and feel, like Kanbei with his white robes, tan skin, and long, dark hair, Kikuchiyo's metal body that resembles samurai armor with a welder's helmet for a face, Kyuzo's red robe and blonde hair (which make him look a bit like Vash from Trigun with a scowl and bad hair), or Heihachi's steampunk mechanic look and almost-always closed eyes. The CGI, while rather good for the time, is not integrated well, and it took me a few episodes to get used to seeing the mecha onscreen without it affecting my viewing experience. The music isn't bad, never detracting from the show, though it doesn't really add that much to it either and i hardly ever noticed it, which may or may not be a good thing. The opening theme, Unlimited, however, is memorable and pretty, and I really enjoy it. In fact, I'm listening to it on repeat as I write this. 

Now for the plot i suppose.

The first two thirds of the show are, from what I gather, nearly identical to the movie that the show is based on, with Kirara the water priestess gathering the 7 samurai and them going on their adventure to fight the bandits and protect Kana village from destruction by bandits. The difference here is that this anime adaptation takes place in a steampunk fantasy word with laser gun toting airships, and the the aforementioned bandits are all giant mecha cyborgs with swords the size of houses. I'll admit, I went into this skeptical and cynical, and I really wasn't expecting much. However, even from the first few episodes i was hooked and pleasantly surprised as each samurai was given a cool introduction showing off how badass and/or unique they were (minus Katsushiro, but we'll get to that), with my personal favorite being Gorobei catching five arrows at once: four in his hands, one in his teeth. As the show moved forward, I was gradually and unintrusively introduced to various aspects of the rather unique setting, which is some strange amalgamation of steampunk and feudal japan with subtle hints of magic and sci fi tech (like the laser guns and vibrating/chainsaw Katanas) here and there. I never felt lost or overloaded with information, which is something I often see from other anime I've watched, and most of the exposition was delivered subtly, rather than being shoved in my face through narration or out of place dialogue. The pacing was nice as well. Nothing ever felt rushed or too slow, and the story flowed at a nice, natural pace, with every plot point and scene lasting just as long as it needed to, and most of the cast getting enough screentime for them to shine.

Samurai 7 gets more intense in its emotional, high-stakes third act, which I think diverges from or takes place after what was analogous to the plot of the movie. Ukyo, one of the major antagonists from the first portion of the show, becomes emperor through a combination of manipulation and assasination and attempts to reshape society to his liking, killing off and enslaving the remaining mecha bandits to do his dirty work and deceiving the populace into siding with him and his plans for a supposed classless utopia. The remaining six samurai (Gorobei bought it defending Kana village about 2/3 through the show) aren't gonna put up with his s*** though, and they set out to put and end to Ukyo's ambitions once and for all, as well as rescue the women in the emperor's harem while their at it. It was then that I unknowingly boarded the feels train, and man oh man was it a trip. Each of the dynamic characters in the cast complete their arcs here, and the underlying theme of the show: what it means to be a samurai, comes to the forefront as Katsushiro grapples with the decisions and sacrifices he must make in order to truly live up to the warrior lifestyle he has chosen for himself, all the while coming to terms with his experiences thus far and the growing distance between himself and Kirara, whom he is in love with. As this is going on, Kanbei gets captured in a failed assassination attempt, and its up to the rest of the cast to save their leader and mentor. Along the way, Kikuchiyo comes to terms with his past and his present, and comes into his own as a hero in his own right. After Kanbei is rescued, its a race against time to stop Ukyo's airship from leveling Kana village in a show of force, and in the final battle Heihachi, Kyuzo, and *sniff* Kikuchiyo are lost. After the heroes come out victorious, we get roughly half an episode of an epilogue, which felt natural and completed the show nicely. Kanbei and Shichiroji leave the village in peace, and Katsushiro inherits Kanbei's sword, becoming a true samurai and vowing to honor the memory of his fallen comrades (though i really wish he and Kirara could have ended up together, but alas, twas not meant to be).

Now for the cast.

Our lead characters, if the show is supposed to have them, are Kirara and Katsushiro, since they get roughly the most screentime and development.  Katsushiro starts out as, more or less, a wannabe samurai. We find out that he's never killed anyone, and he can't really handle himself in combat. Though he tries his best and strictly adheres to the code of bushido. As the show goes on, he becomes jaded and world-weary from all of the fighting, but through it all he finds his meaning and his purpose, and by the end of the show he has become a formidible and true samurai, and vows to live for the comrades he lost in the defense of Kana. Kirara is Kana village's water priestess. Young, beautiful, and determined, she sets out with Rikichi, one of the villagers, and her little sister (who is beyond adorable) Komachi to find seven samurai to save Kana village. Along the way, she learns more about the outside world and becomes a formidable ally to the samurai as well as a more worldly person, though by the end of the plot she renounces her water priestess duties to Komachi because the battles she has participated in have tainted her pure heart and both Kanbei and Katsushiro ultimately reject her love.

The rest of the Cast is memorable and engaging, from the boisterous and warm hearted Kikuchiyo (who goes out saving everyone by stopping a crashing airship with his own brute strength and a giant sword) to the silent, deadly, and altruistic Kyuzu, each samurai and supporting character was a load of fun to watch and see play off of one another. It was truly awesome to see all seven of them team up in battle to take down hundreds of mecha with nothing but their own skills, swords, and a giant crossbow on one occasion. I even got attached to the cast, which after years of watching 80's and 90's mecha anime with staggeringly high body counts is difficult for me to do, and i might have shed a few manly tears for the samurai when they bought it (especially Kikuchiyo, dammit *sniff*). As a villain, Ukyo hit all the right notes, and by the end of the show i couldn't wait to see him get what he deserved for all of the despicable things he did, though personally i would have preferred he died getting cut down by Kanbei instead of surviving it and falling to his death instead.

All in all, Samurai 7 was a ton of fun, and it even got me emotional at points (those last two episodes, man, i nearly cried). Though it has a few flaws, like the CGI and a couple of plot points that i didn't enjoy (KiraraxKatsushiro OTP), it was a really great, heartfelt show that came and did what it wanted to, and did it well. The cast was awesome, the story, while a bit simplistic, was well told and engaging, and the world was interesting. Nothing ever felt forced, and that's something I rarely see in an age where most shows alter their plot or character designs to market to a demographic over telling a good story.

overall, 8.5/10  [/spoiler]

TL;DR: Samurai 7 is awesome and whoever suggested to me is a bro.

EDIT: post 500! not a bad one either, if i do say so myself.

Sorry its late. Took me awhile to get through Samurai 7. It was totally worth it though.

[Spoiler=Review/thoughts/whatever. Beware of spoilers]

Its rare for me to run across a show that does almost everything right.

I guess i should talk about the technical stuff first. The animation is pretty good (aside from one or two episodes that had a rather jarring case of off-model and sub par animation). Nothing amazing, but its good animation, with the most detail being given to the action scenes, from what i noticed. As well, I really enjoy all of the character designs (Komachi is a ball of adorable), as they give each samurai a unique and distinct look and feel, like Kanbei with his white robes, tan skin, and long, dark hair, Kikuchiyo's metal body that resembles samurai armor with a welder's helmet for a face, Kyuzo's red robe and blonde hair (which make him look a bit like Vash from Trigun with a scowl and bad hair), or Heihachi's steampunk mechanic look and almost-always closed eyes. The CGI, while rather good for the time, is not integrated well, and it took me a few episodes to get used to seeing the mecha onscreen without it affecting my viewing experience. The music isn't bad, never detracting from the show, though it doesn't really add that much to it either and i hardly ever noticed it, which may or may not be a good thing. The opening theme, Unlimited, however, is memorable and pretty, and I really enjoy it. In fact, I'm listening to it on repeat as I write this. 

Now for the plot i suppose.

The first two thirds of the show are, from what I gather, nearly identical to the movie that the show is based on, with Kirara the water priestess gathering the 7 samurai and them going on their adventure to fight the bandits and protect Kana village from destruction by bandits. The difference here is that this anime adaptation takes place in a steampunk fantasy word with laser gun toting airships, and the the aforementioned bandits are all giant mecha cyborgs with swords the size of houses. I'll admit, I went into this skeptical and cynical, and I really wasn't expecting much. However, even from the first few episodes i was hooked and pleasantly surprised as each samurai was given a cool introduction showing off how badass and/or unique they were (minus Katsushiro, but we'll get to that), with my personal favorite being Gorobei catching five arrows at once: four in his hands, one in his teeth. As the show moved forward, I was gradually and unintrusively introduced to various aspects of the rather unique setting, which is some strange amalgamation of steampunk and feudal japan with subtle hints of magic and sci fi tech (like the laser guns and vibrating/chainsaw Katanas) here and there. I never felt lost or overloaded with information, which is something I often see from other anime I've watched, and most of the exposition was delivered subtly, rather than being shoved in my face through narration or out of place dialogue. The pacing was nice as well. Nothing ever felt rushed or too slow, and the story flowed at a nice, natural pace, with every plot point and scene lasting just as long as it needed to, and most of the cast getting enough screentime for them to shine.

Samurai 7 gets more intense in its emotional, high-stakes third act, which I think diverges from or takes place after what was analogous to the plot of the movie. Ukyo, one of the major antagonists from the first portion of the show, becomes emperor through a combination of manipulation and assasination and attempts to reshape society to his liking, killing off and enslaving the remaining mecha bandits to do his dirty work and deceiving the populace into siding with him and his plans for a supposed classless utopia. The remaining six samurai (Gorobei bought it defending Kana village about 2/3 through the show) aren't gonna put up with his s*** though, and they set out to put and end to Ukyo's ambitions once and for all, as well as rescue the women in the emperor's harem while their at it. It was then that I unknowingly boarded the feels train, and man oh man was it a trip. Each of the dynamic characters in the cast complete their arcs here, and the underlying theme of the show: what it means to be a samurai, comes to the forefront as Katsushiro grapples with the decisions and sacrifices he must make in order to truly live up to the warrior lifestyle he has chosen for himself, all the while coming to terms with his experiences thus far and the growing distance between himself and Kirara, whom he is in love with. As this is going on, Kanbei gets captured in a failed assassination attempt, and its up to the rest of the cast to save their leader and mentor. Along the way, Kikuchiyo comes to terms with his past and his present, and comes into his own as a hero in his own right. After Kanbei is rescued, its a race against time to stop Ukyo's airship from leveling Kana village in a show of force, and in the final battle Heihachi, Kyuzo, and *sniff* Kikuchiyo are lost. After the heroes come out victorious, we get roughly half an episode of an epilogue, which felt natural and completed the show nicely. Kanbei and Shichiroji leave the village in peace, and Katsushiro inherits Kanbei's sword, becoming a true samurai and vowing to honor the memory of his fallen comrades (though i really wish he and Kirara could have ended up together, but alas, twas not meant to be).

Now for the cast.

Our lead characters, if the show is supposed to have them, are Kirara and Katsushiro, since they get roughly the most screentime and development.  Katsushiro starts out as, more or less, a wannabe samurai. We find out that he's never killed anyone, and he can't really handle himself in combat. Though he tries his best and strictly adheres to the code of bushido. As the show goes on, he becomes jaded and world-weary from all of the fighting, but through it all he finds his meaning and his purpose, and by the end of the show he has become a formidible and true samurai, and vows to live for the comrades he lost in the defense of Kana. Kirara is Kana village's water priestess. Young, beautiful, and determined, she sets out with Rikichi, one of the villagers, and her little sister (who is beyond adorable) Komachi to find seven samurai to save Kana village. Along the way, she learns more about the outside world and becomes a formidable ally to the samurai as well as a more worldly person, though by the end of the plot she renounces her water priestess duties to Komachi because the battles she has participated in have tainted her pure heart and both Kanbei and Katsushiro ultimately reject her love.

The rest of the Cast is memorable and engaging, from the boisterous and warm hearted Kikuchiyo (who goes out saving everyone by stopping a crashing airship with his own brute strength and a giant sword) to the silent, deadly, and altruistic Kyuzu, each samurai and supporting character was a load of fun to watch and see play off of one another. It was truly awesome to see all seven of them team up in battle to take down hundreds of mecha with nothing but their own skills, swords, and a giant crossbow on one occasion. I even got attached to the cast, which after years of watching 80's and 90's mecha anime with staggeringly high body counts is difficult for me to do, and i might have shed a few manly tears for the samurai when they bought it (especially Kikuchiyo, dammit *sniff*). As a villain, Ukyo hit all the right notes, and by the end of the show i couldn't wait to see him get what he deserved for all of the despicable things he did, though personally i would have preferred he died getting cut down by Kanbei instead of surviving it and falling to his death instead.

All in all, Samurai 7 was a ton of fun, and it even got me emotional at points (those last two episodes, man, i nearly cried). Though it has a few flaws, like the CGI and a couple of plot points that i didn't enjoy (KiraraxKatsushiro OTP), it was a really great, heartfelt show that came and did what it wanted to, and did it well. The cast was awesome, the story, while a bit simplistic, was well told and engaging, and the world was interesting. Nothing ever felt forced, and that's something I rarely see in an age where most shows alter their plot or character designs to market to a demographic over telling a good story.

overall, 8.5/10  [/spoiler]

TL;DR: Samurai 7 is awesome and whoever suggested to me is a bro.

EDIT: post 500! not a bad one either, if i do say so myself.

No problem. :D & Grats

• 2 weeks later...

SHIT PEOPLE ARE SHIT.

I forgot who still needs to post :'D

You can start hounding the person who you gave an anime to to watch and talk about the show you gave them.

Zai -> Mitcher

Kirito -> Wildflame

Tenta -> Kirito

Dae -> syber

Rod -> Ene

Greiga -> Rapid

Ene -> Greiga

Mitcher -> Thar

Aix -> Rod

syber -> Aix

Rapid -> Dae

D.A. -> Zai

Wildflame -> D.A.

Thar -> Tenta

My god where do I start with Angel Beats. It's one of the best anime I've watched over the past few months. Yet, there are some major flaws i. The anime that really irked me throughout it's 13 episodes.
[spoiler= Spoilers Ahead, Open If You Wish]
First off, the protagonist is as bland as can be. When I first saw him, he kinda sorta reminded me of Kirito from SAO. When I say bland, there is absolutely no character development happening at all. Actually, there is no major development within the huge cast at all. Yet the thing I liked about it was that the director managed to give the character their own spotlight and I really enjoyed that.
Another thing that irked me was that most of the plot was just lazy. There was originally supposed to be like, 26 episodes right? Well due to budget cuts, we're stuck with the minimal 13 episodes with major plot holes. I was disappointed in Kishi for that. Now, on the more positive side, I did cry a little when some of the characters passed away, especially at the end of the series. Also, I couldn't decide who was cuter, Yui or Kanade( Angel). But to be honest, Air and Clannad made me cry more than this. Other than those flaws, the animation was good and the soundtrack was phenomenal.
[/spoiler]
Even though this anime had it's major flaws, it was still a great anime.
OVERALL RATING: 8/10

Glad you liked it.  

Also I pretty much agree with all the flaws you mentioned.  

The main character makes a potato look interesting. 

Archived