Яeverse of the Earthbound Immortals [IC|5D's Sequel RP]

OOC: http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/318590-Яeverse-of-the-earthbound-immortals-nsaapg-135ds-sequel-rpno-more-dark-signers-or-non-branded-signers/

The year is 2084.
After three decades of fighting, known as the Resource Wars, Momentum runs the entire world, save for a few deteriorating pockets of resistance.
Strailey Industries, the main proprietor of this energy source, works with the other four corporations in a secret monopolizing cabal, mainly because all five organizations are fronts for a much more dangerous beast: Yliaster.
Yliaster has secretly manipulated humanity from the Age of Enlightenment onwards, preparing for the day that individuals possessing the power of their God, the Crimson Dragon, come forth.
For that day will signal the coming of a threat that would design to end the perfect world Yliaster has created.
A threat known as the Earthbound Immortals.

Friday, April 7th, 2084
1734 Hours Local
New Duel Runner Stadium
Academy Level (Level 3), Academia Stack, Hartmann District, Second Wave

Two figures raced around the track, the first clad in white and blue with an angular helmet and a clear face mask, her jumpsuit letting her seemingly meld into her similarly-colored Duel Runner. The second was quite garish, dressed in a white and black suit with gold fur around his neck and cuffs, wearing a crown-like helmet on his head, while his Duel Runner resembled some sort of strange golden crab. Above the latter was a radiant creature emitting a golden light, a massive dragon made out a strange golden-brown gem-like substance, staring down at his foe. (4500 ATK|LV12)
“Draw!” The woman declared, adding a card to her hand while looking at the readout of 400 LP on her dash, and smirking. “Now, I Normal Summon Archfiend Emperor, the First Lord of Horror!” Placing the card on the field, an immense throne of bones and muscle materializes itself onto the field, and a figure forms from the shadows in between the bleachers, rising up to reveal himself to be a huge armored demon clutching a sword. Striding into position on the track, he hops onto the floating throne, spinning around, to face the demon. (3000 ATK|LV8) “Sadly, my liege loses 1500 ATK and 1000 DEF when Summoned this way, and cannot linger for long without the sacrifice he is due, but I have called upon him in this hour of need to grant me victory!”
“So?” Her opponent replied, snarking in a faux Cockney accent, against the refined upper-class pronunciations of her words. “Wuhz yor new frend gonna do gainst moy Golden Jubilee Dragon?” He indicates to the monstrosity above him, which still outclasses her Emperor.
“Your garish beast will meet his end soon! I activate my Emperor’s special effect! By banishing Archfiend Commander from my Graveyard, the Commander you destroyed last turn, I can take care of the facedown you have on the field! Imperial Exile!” The huge fiend pointed his blade at the card floating alongside his Mistress’ opponent, revealing it to be Appeasement, a Trap Card depicting a green and white-clad ruler negotiating desperately with a bald man in purple and gold robes, before it was consumed in a sphere of dark energy and removed from the field. “Now, I activate the effect of my Dark Mastermind!” Archfiend Emperor’s eyes rolled back into his head as a pair of tarnished gloves grasped the sides of his skull, making purple lightning spark in between them, before their owner revealed himself. Attached to the gloves were a pair of wires snaking up into a rusted and broken egg-shaped machine made of purplish-grey metal and somewhat-shattered glass. Inside of the machine was a light-purple brain, throbbing and pulsating with the corrupted psionic energies within. (100 ATK|LV1) (LV8 -> LV7) “By stealing a Level and the effects of my Emperor, I was able to call forth my little friend here, so I can bring forth my ultimate monster!” A secret button in her suit was pressed, out of view of everyone, as special injectors in her uniform delivered their payload of morphine-based compounds to her system, anesthetizing her right arm for what is to come. “Synchro Summon!” Dark Mastermind’s brain quivered as it burst into wisps of purple energy, coalescing into a single green ring, which engulfed Archfiend Emperor, transforming him into an outline with seven stars. (LV1 Tuner + LV7 non-Tuner = LV8 Synchro) “The heartbeat of a queen now forms a burning red line here! Witness the power of the reality of the harsh world we live in under these rumbling heavens! Synchro Summon, my soul, Hot Red Dragon Archfiend!"
Pain burst through her skin, like a thousand fiery blades piercing her right arm, but she kept her vehicle steady. Not even the potent cocktail coursing through her right arm was able to keep down the immense pain of her Brand, though it wasn't shining through her clothing as the array exploded into a huge burst, punctuated by a monstrous roar. A three-horned beast, almost as much devil as it was dragon, emerged to float above his owner, narrowing golden eyes at the other dragon. Crimson tattoos lit up across its obsidian skin, maroon plates of armor showing off its might. Around the stadium, the fans cheered, their ruler, their Student Council President, defending their honor against this Osakan trash, especially now that her ace monster was out on the field. (3000 ATK|LV8)
"Wha...Whaz this?!?" The man replied, his open, gawking mouth showing off the gold grill stating "DUEL" on four teeth. "Whazzat koinda monsta?!? I ain't evah seen dat cahd!"
"This is my partner, Hot Red Dragon Archfiend, a burning beast from the depths of the Underworld, ready to give you your judgment! First, his effect! Once per turn, I can destroy any monsters that would oppose him in battle! Crimson Fire!" The monstrous dragon took aim at his foe, breathing in, and issued forth a fireball that, upon contact, exploded, creating more fireballs, which detonated and spread the series of explosions, increasing in size and power as Golden Jubilee Dragon was consumed in the conflagration, eventually exploding into nothing and leaving the rider with nothing on his field as the infernal dragon loomed over him. "You came here to try and purchase my allegiance, and, when you finally consented to a duel, you tried to win against me with the best professional deck money could buy. You are nothing but a coward, hiding behind your family's funds and letting your money solve all of your problems. And now, I issue my verdict! Your sentence...leaving this city! Hot Red Dragon Archfiend, carry my edict out! ABSOLUTE JUDGMENT!!!" The beast roared again, fiery energy gathering in its hand until it formed a flaming fist, which pulled back before pounding into the ground near the Duel Runner, taking away the rest of his Life Points. (Yuyen: 2600 LP -> 0 LP)
A nearby screen showing the results declared "CATHERINE ATLAS: WINNER", as the young woman glided into a parking space to meet her crew, her staff, and her attending fans, at which point she pulled off her helmet to reveal blonde hair tucked back into a bun and sharp, ever-gazing purple eyes behind aquiline features. She untied her hair, letting her luscious ponytail flow freely behind her. Her opponent, however, pulled in to take off his helmet to show red hair with dollar bill-green bangs, a pair of gold-rimmed glasses, and freckles beneath the specs. He put on his tiger-striped fur jacket over him like a cape and scowled at her as he left, grumbling and mumbling. Meanwhile, Catherine went to find somewhere to relax, and the nearly Strailey Industries limousine seemed to work. As she entered, she was greeted with a bucket of ice water with a little paper boat inside bearing a note simply stating "-G." Smiling a little bit, she made a reminder to thank him for at least this, despite how much she hated him, and unbuckled her right arm's sleeve thanks to a hidden seam to let the sleeve come off. Her bare right arm, showing the spiked spiral of a mark she possessed, hissed and created steam when it hit the bath, prompting Catherine to give a sigh of relaxation from the soothing cold.

Friday, April 7th, 2084
1747 Hours Local
Penthouse Suite (Floor 301-305), Strailey Industries Headquarters Sector
Municipal Operations/Administrative Center, Capitol District, Old Domino

A woman paced across her office, glancing back and forth at the holographic screens floating on her desk in her personal office. This woman, clad in a white and silver form-fitting business suit with her platinum-blonde hair styled into a pixie cut, tried not to freak out, tried not to scream or get mad, and tried to keep her cool, but these delays and setbacks were getting to her, slowly but surely. Strange energy readings were coming from their sensors at the edges of the B.A.D., and similar signatures were popping up all over the city. And these energy readings were consistent with similar events that happened a little over 50 years ago, when Yliaster had been hijacked by a madman to fulfill an insane wish, and then hijacked by yet another madman to fulfill yet another insane wish. The Dark Signers were coming back, and she had days until a potential dimensional rupture occurred, bringing forth a renewed and revitalized foe from long ago.
But Jezebel Delilah Strailey, CEO of Strailey Industries, head of the secret society Yliaster, and de facto ruler of the known world, did not have days. She had weeks, and, in some cases, months, before her baby, her life's work, came online. Project Nimrod, on the surface, was an energy-conservation plan, creating reservoirs around the world to store Momentum and reduce production across the globe, a plan initially proposed by Yusei Fudo to prevent a certain future from occurring. By creating reservoirs, there wouldn't need to be as much Momentum active at one given time, and power outages would be fixed with this global emergency backup supply. However, Jezebel, or "Jesse", as she preferred, given the Biblical connotations of her name, subverted the plan for her own designs, and, at best, the facility in Nauru would be online in 3 days, ready to begin the final stages of her master plan, with the facilities in Arizona and Sicily ready 2 days afterwards. The entire network of 30 could be active by June, but she knew that, unless Yliaster found what the had been looking for, and managed to turn the tide, she had to consider the grim alternatives. Worst-case scenario, she could use the Nauru facility, but that still needed 3 days, as long as there weren't any more setbacks. And she was increasingly doubting she even had 3 days.
However, despite everything, the show must go on, and she knew how to take care of two birds with one stone. Pulling up the data on the big tournament this weekend, the Strailey Industries Legends League Invitational, she started to expand the tournament to add some new candidates. These were people with the highest SPQ, or Signer Potential Quotient, a factor that judged the likelihood of inheriting a Mark of the Dragon. And the top 20 people in the world were here in Neo Domino. It would be easy for her to send out these invitations tonight, and make sure the participants arrived tomorrow morning for the games. Putting them in contact with Yliaster's own special Signers would most likely trigger something, something good, something useful.
Something that could fight back against the oncoming storm.

Friday, April 7th, 2084
1754 Hours Local
Underneath Neo Domino, Unknown Location
Below Deepest Layers of the Sprawl

The darkness of the cave was illuminated by an orb of light held by the monster known as the Psychic Lifetrancer. Her summoner, Naoya, stood in front of a number of Psychic duelists from the Arcadia Movement. Their path through the cave, though, had led them to a pile of rubble. "A dead end," Naoya muttered, though his voice rung with sarcasm instead of disappointment. "At least, a clever illusion of one." He reached a glove hand over the rocks, but winced back. "It's cold." He shook his hand, but nodded towards his summon. Taking a step back, he watched as the Psychic Lifetrancer summoned and orb of darkness. Propelling them into the rubble, the respective energies struggled to push the rocks away, but they wouldn't budge. Instead, the Psychic Lifetrancer pressed her hands together, forcing the rocks to collapse in on themselves.

Friday, April 7th, 2084
1800 Hours Local
The Pit
Barbaric Area after Damage (Restricted Zone Alpha), Old Domino

"The Strailey Industries Legends League International, huh." A little girl in a white dress muttered this to herself as she skipped across casually past a pavement, staring at a poster held in her hands. The expression on her face was a bit of a frown, as if unsure what to make of this. "Yliaster truly is overestimating itself this time around. They interfered before, but never to such a massive scale..." Turning away, this serious attitude of hers was suddenly dropped as she let out a childish sigh. "Ahhh, how did things get this bad?! What am I going to do, what am I going to do~?"
...It was a rhetorical question. Of course this girl would know what to do in such a situation. Making her way through the empty, desolate street without a care in the world, the zone itself in fact being quarantined and blocked off from the public, she eventually arrived at a rundown warehouse which had deteriorated over the past sixty years, to the point that it seemed as though even the slightest interference with it might make the structure crumble. But somehow, a building in such a ruinous state - in the midst of a city that embraced technological advancement and erasing the past - was something she couldn't help but find hilarious. They even called it the "B.A.D. Area". A long time ago, an event called the Zero Reverse occurred here, an event which leveled most if not all of the old Domino City and took hundreds of lives.
"Well, guess it's time now."
If there was ever a time to act, it was now. The upcoming tournament would provide a grand opening for them, the Dark Signers, to descend and wreck any plans that Yliaster might have in store, as well as set up her own goals. Dropping the poster, Pener lightly touched her forehead where the Dark Mark of the Sun-Star was hidden, letting it glow. Then, being able to access the network of the Underworld this way, she allowed herself to connect to the other currently active Marks. Thus far, there was the Alligator, the Spiral, the Wings, the Llama (Pffftttt), the Tree, the Dog, and as to be expected, the Hands. Not a bad set this time around, though as for the people, that was another matter entirely. Now then, the message...
Greetings, Dark Signers from all across New Domino City. My name is Pener Quae Ab Inferno. I am the one chosen by the King of the Underworld to lead the rest of you. I will keep this simple.  There is a power that controls this world. A power of light that must be toppled, and we are the ones who shall accomplish that. You are all part of something far, far greater than yourselves. Come to a certain building in the B.A.D. Zone. There, we shall talk further, and you shall learn your role to play in this coming age of darkness.
Each of the designated Dark Signers suddenly had their marks glow as the telepathic dark message went through their heads, with the voice itself being deep, ominous, and foreboding, like a demon that had ascended from hell. It was in such a way that it disguised the true appearance and voice of the girl. This little girl called Pener, though she looked as little as ten, was in fact the leader of the Dark Signers. However, whether she possessed the capability to be the leader was something she would soon have to prove on her own. Once she'd finished, she observed the spacious warehouse interior. Like the outside, it had mostly weakened, and various floor panels were scattered about, wrecked, leaving patches of earth below. Through these patches she manipulated the elements to rise up and fashioned a large throne of earth for her small figure, which the Star Dragon Queen casually threw herself into.
"Guess it's time to see what this generation of Dark Signers is like, then~"

Friday, April 7th, 2084
1811 Hours Local
Corner of West 729th and North 312th
Entertainment Alley, Daimon District, Old 'Burbs

Entertainment Alley, a strange, colorful part of the Daimon District, which has a reputation for its tough-as-nails duelists. Deep within the District, past all of the tougher, meaner dueling gangs, is a strange paradise where people can make it or break it in providing the people there with fun, enjoyable types of duels. Only amidst all of the danger can the most unique and wonderful duelists survive and thrive, and another exciting Entertainment Duel just finished, the crowd cheering as a man was knocked to the ground by a dissolving black fist. A record scratched back and forth as the winner, a young woman with goggles on that spiked up the sides of her red hair, pulled those goggles up to reveal twin black bangs and golden eyes. "Well, I guess he ain't got the kinda flava we want around here?" She called out to her crowd, who cheered in response. "Who's up next to go against the funkiest, freshest, most slammin' shorty this side of Goodwood? I'll take any contenders on!"

A few years prior...

"In this duel, we want you to do your best to bring this Synchro Monster out, Jet." the Yliaster scientists said as they handed a young Jet Hoshimi a card. He stared at the white card as he shrugged and nodded.

"Alright, whatever you guys want." he simply shrugged as he tossed it into his Extra Deck and began the duel.

A few moves later in the Duel

The field was set perfectly for Jet. The scientist he was up against was using simple Dragon deck, with only having one face down and a Luster Dragon in attack mode. He had attacked, but Jet was able to keep his monster, Synchro Level 6 Titanite, thanks to its effect.. He and his Gem-Knight  were safe, as he made his turn.

"I summon Gem-Knight Agate! And now, with this I Synchro Summon for a Level 8!!" Jet said, as Agate appeared on the field, only to disappear into two rings as Titanite jumped through. "Your star lights up the night! Like a precious gem of the darkness, you shine brilliantly! SYNCHRO SUMMON!! Spread your wings, Stardust Spark Dragon!!"

Jet played the monster flawlessly, as Stardust Spark Dragon roared onto the field, small glittering stardust falling all around him. However, this beautiful moment was cut short as the Duelist fell to his knees, doubling over in pain as he held his right arm. The yelling and screaming of pain continued, as the scientists could only watch, before cutting the duel short and trying to sedate the Hoshimi child, as he kept screaming...

Present Day

Jet woke up suddenly, in a cold sweat as he held his arm. It was the same dream...no...memory that had plagued his mind for quite sometime now. He looked at his right arm, seeing the spiral spiked mark that was there, as he closed his eyes. He wanted to return to sleep, but unfortunately...if he tried, that haunting memory would return to him again.

"Oh good your up!" one scientist said as he passed Jet's room. "The doctor wishes to see you, as soon as possible."

Well tell the doctor where to stick it!! Jet thought, which was the first thing he wanted to say. However...what escaped his lips was anything but that. "Yes sir..." He got out of bed and fetched his clothes as he headed out, following orders as he could only hold his right arm more. Though it was rare for the doctor to want to see him, after all, she was too busy with other things...nevertheless, he followed the orders given, heading to her office.

"You wished to see me...doctor?" Jet coldly said, as he arrived at the opened door of the doctor's office.

Neo Domino City; The Sprawl

"Citizens of Neo Domino City," Iesada Koike called out to a large, gathering audience, "I bring dark tidings. Even as I speak, the unholy force that is Yliaster grows in power, and is evolving new ways to take control of our own lives. And yet... here we are, doomed to remain forever cast in Yliaster's shadow. However, there is still hope for us all. Now, I must ask you all to close your eyes, and allow the light to guide your very actions..."

Many of the people looked at each other in confusion, and even shrugged their shoulders, but eventually they did as instructed. And then, one by one, they would feel a sharp pain in their arms, as four streams of purple light expelled from each arm. Several were asking themselves if something had bit them, which would certainly be understandable considering the type of pain and the position of each stream of light, but by the type any of them could tell what was happening, it was already too late. Each and every one of these patrons were relinquished of their minds, only to serve as Shadow Drones that would do Iesada's bidding. But even though the mass conversion was a success beyond the shadow of a doubt, Iesada still sunk his head down low.

"This is still too few," he glowered as he said this, "I must convert more of these fools..."

In an instant, a sharp pain enveloped Iesada's arm, in which purple light was emanating from. But this light was different; it was emitted by a mark on the arm of which was hurting, a mark of which he had been branded with since his undeath. Iesada instinctively scanned his surroundings for nearby Signers, but although he failed to locate any, he quickly realized this was meant to be a call to arms, a summoning by the leader of the Dark Signers. He hummed in deep thought, before raising head and opening his mouth to give further instructions. But as though they read his mind, the Shadow Drones already began to disperse, looking for a certain building to riot upon. Iesada could only smile as the Shadow Drones went on their way as mindless zombies.

'Well, at least that's taken care of... for now,' with that thought in his mind, he turned to leave for the B.A.D. Area in which he and the others were meant to gather.

Arcadia Movement HQ; A Remote Location

For 40 long years, Divine, the founder of the Arcadia Movement, had a cyrogenic lab constructed deep underground, separate from the main headquarters itself, and connected only by a simple cave. But even though they'd follow it to the end, most would assume that this cave would contain nothing.

But they were wrong. This very room in fact contained several cryogenic freezers that were paired with highly sophisticated and technological consoles, all but one of which were empty. The solitary freezer that actually contained something, or someone rather, was down one end of the cyrogenic lab, opposite to the single entrance to the lab itself, and in this freezer rested a naked, blue-skinned woman with closed eyes, legs crossed over each other and arms covering her large breasts. A mark in the shape of a heart was rhythmically pulsating at the top of the woman's chest, as if it were pumping blood instead of her true heart.

This was Koharu Taguchi, a Psychic Duelist whose powers weren't up to Divine's standards when he'd tested them, and who was shoved inside one of these cyrogenic freezers as a result. Just as her Signer mark was pulsating, the rest of her body slowly began to pick up into full consciousness again. First, her heart began pumping blood to the rest of her body again, and then her brain began activating. Her first moment of brain activity was remembering how it all began...

"No... don't do this, please..." Koharu weakly repeated what she once screamed at the top of her lungs, "I can't take it any more... I'm begging you... this isn't right..."

Koharu continued to repeat those words over and over again, but as she did so, the rest of her body was starting to come to life. Her muscles began tightening again. Her fingernails were digging into the skin of her forearms. Her face was beginning to extort the appearance of anger. Her breathing got heavier and faster as she spoke. Her voice was getting louder and louder. She was actually beginning to hear herself repeat those same words over and over again, and even managed to pick up how much louder her voice got each time. And finally, her eyes were starting to open, but her vision was initially blurry.

"No... I'm begging you," at this point, Koharu's vision was actually starting to kick in, "Don't do this! THIS ISN'T RIGHT!! I CAN'T TAKE IT ANY...!! Huh?"

And so Koharu finally got to see the situation that she was in, only to realize that she was defeated a long time ago. She was all alone inside this frozen hell for 40 whole years, and she still wasn't aware of that just yet. However, Koharu did pick up that the laboratory looked a lot colder than she remembered it to be, with what all those icicles that had formed all over the place just as she was returning to full consciousness.

'Is this... all my doing?' Koharu thought to herself.

Adelais was bored.

So completely, utterly bored, even.

No weaklings to duel with, no Catherine to play with, and she had been practicing music all day long so that’s a no-no. And not to mention that her Duel Runner had crashed several days before.

“Tch.

I’ll loiter around and start beating up random passerby then.”

She packed her belongings, wore her duel disk in her hand, and took another look at her deck. “Fantasia”, the name of the theme was. It was not a theme that’s overly powerful like Lightsworns, which was used by that freaking huge guy, and not as menacing as Catherine’s Archfiends. Heck, she didn’t even use Synchros. But it hadn’t, and would never bother her. She had mastered the deck, knowing almost every nook and cranny of its strategy, and that knowledge was usually enough to beat most of everyone she faced.

“Scrubs that used shitty decks…

Tryhards and their shitty dragons…

Nyeh, gems in the pile of trash, even.

I’ll wreck them up so bad! Who needs Synchro? Who needs dragons? Scrubs do.”

Giggling to what she had said, she walked out of the room, eager to face anyone that dared to cross her path, just for her own amusement.

---

Akai was walking around Old Domino, searching for the place that this “Pneer”-thing referred. Not really long ago, she was teaching an afternoon History class, when suddenly a voice rang inside her head, telling her and the other Dark Signers to gather for a briefing on their mission. It was a close call, but thanks to the gift that the llama-thingy had given to her, she could hide the dark signer mark and other accessories that came with them to an extent. But still, even with that gift, she still needed to withdraw from the class, to avoid unnecessary leak of information.

After a while, she stumbled upon the building that this “Peren”-thing referred. Who is this “Pinir”-thing actually? The name sounded absolutely ridiculous, and if it was said in any other occasion, she would’ve laughed at it. But eh, she shouldn’t even complain at this time.

When she entered the ruined building when she was sure that it was the right one, she let her mark glow, and looked inside. She’s not exactly amused when she found a little girl sitting on a throne there. Sure, she could feel the intense power of the King of the Underworld from her, but still…

“I’m Akai Araki, that one with the Llama Mark.

…Yeah.

You are Purin Kyu-kyu Abby Veron, right?”

Not realizing that she spelled her name wrongly, she greeted the little girl.

“And…I guess this is the time we wait for the others?”

Driving down the highway in what seemed to be a very lavish sports car were the Shallowvows. They were simply making their way into the city because Adrian apparently had some mysterious Doctor's appointment that always bugged Clarice. For some reason ever since her brother got tapped by one of the sponsors he's been uber secretive and he's had to go to "the doctor" a lot more frequently. Clarice, in the passenger side, looked at  her brother as she was wondering how he was going to dodge her inquiries this time. You know every time you do this I HAVE to drive you home because you're so exhausted. It makes me more paranoid than anything. Now be honest, is it steroids? Because while it would be a disgrace to our entire family that you would take a drug to be better at a card game I can find some strength to forgive you. Shut-up! Adrian shouted at his sister. We've been over this. Sponsors demand physicals and physicals require doctor's visits. I got an invitation to the S.I.L.L.I's so I have to be in tip-top shape. Isn't that why you're even here? So you can snag you a free ticket like you always do. Why you gotta be all cruel? I'm just worried about my brother here. 

The two continued to exchange a series of vocal bashings on the car ride to doctor's office but luckily for Adrian Clarice didn't notice that she lost focus. Secretly it was time for another one of these duel experiments where he tries to summon this God-forsaken synchro monster they gave and not die of some kind of weird shock. He felt a little bad about dragging his sister into all of this, but she did come to him about mystical cards and such so she definitely seemed like an asset. As they made their way to the most non medical looking building ever Clarice shot her brother a quick disapproving glare. As they arrived the two siblings walked together into the lobby and it seems there was already a team waiting for Adrian. With that the two seemed to split ways with a familial nod to each other symbolizing that even though they may argue they would still come together as siblings.

Adrian too an elevator to a secret undisclosed floor. He was even suspended in some weird zero gravity field so he couldn't tell whether they were going up or down. When he got out of the elevator he noticed that he wasn't the only person on the floor. Someone else was here. His personality though seemed...defeated like a wild horse that has been successfully broken. But it didn't matter it seems that this was going to be some kind of joint session. You summoned me...again, Doctor?

Meanwhile Clarice was down in the lobby as usual playing with her phone she this time used it to see if she could find any information on these Signer people. Of course for some odd reason she kept being blocked from the search. She didn't even connect that she was using the buildings WiFi to find out about the building itself so naturally she would be blocked. Though this did just spike her curiosity more. So far the only lead she truly has is her suspicious brother's behavior. Yeah he may have thought he successfully deflected the whole doctor's visit thing, but he didn't. He was able to successfully be distracted for a second with the thought of victory. She snickered because she knows that people tend to let their guard down when they think they've won. Now all that was left was to figure a way to get information.

West 729th, Entertainment Alley, Daimon District

Yokubō Duel Center (Also known as Yokubō Repair Shop to some)

The family business. Who would have thought this place would have held up since the original owner, Kurai Yokubō, built it roughly 60 years ago?

Then again, that might have been due to the addition of the most common technology of this time. In itself, the shop was composed of two buildings: The Trade or Buy Section, and the Repair Garage. However, there is an extra room in the Trade or Buy Section in which those who decided to, will have 1-on-1 discussions and overview of particular cards that can benefit any deck when used right. However, you pay by the hour or for as long as yo're willing to pay to get some good cards into your deck for free. But in a way, the time you're spending to make your deck better pays for the cards in themselves.

The Trade or Buy Section is what you would expect from give or take half a century ago: Your typical Duel Monsters general store, in a way, but advanced enough where it can pass off as modern just fine. Monster Cards are categorized by their sub-Type: Normal, Effect, Tuner, Gemini, etc. Synchros are in fact all at the front desk where the cashier would be. Spells and Traps are their own sections, but are still categorized to be side by side.Up against the wall on the front desk is a special locked box. The box nor the contents are ever for sale, but rather are for show, since it at times has been the elephant in the room to some curious customers. What people don't know, is that the contents of the box is in fact a special customized deck that doesn't exist anywhere else. What the deck could be is unknown, even to those who keep it protected when shifts end.

The Repair Shop is what you think it is, just modified so that it is meant to repair Duel Runners of all shapes and sizes. Though, Duel Disks are an option as well.

But as of now, the family business is independently owned, and open to anyone looking for a job. All thanks to the new owner: Shugo Yokubō.

To think it's been a few months since he vanished...

Shugo couldn't help but to take a look at an old picture showing him and his father together when he was 13. The smile he had on his face was priceless. But the one thing he couldn't do, is drown out the constant cheering and what not going on outside. Where the hell is Kazuki? His shift is supposed to start now. Not only is there some commotion going on outside, but Kazuki isn't here to explain what is going on.

He couldn't stand not knowing what's happening anymore. He put down the picture and proceeded outside the shop. From there, he noticed a small crowd surrounding the corner near the shop. From there, he couldn't believe what he was seeing.

It appeared that a strange woman was constantly putting her overconfidence to the test by dueling random people. But that wasn't the most shocking part. It's who stepped up to the plate next that gave him a reason to be annoyed.

Shugo mumbled to himself, "Dammit Kazuki."

The Sprawl

Disgusting. All of those humans, running around the world, some happy, some sad, but all of them disgusting. Ellyon was so happy that their time was about to come to a close. So happy that she recieved this message through her Dark Mark, that the war was about to begin. Since her resurection, she had been living in a run down factory, here in the Sprawl. It bothered nobody and if someone dared to come into the building, Ellyon would take care of them, however, so far nobody found her here.

However, this demonic voice inside of her head had commanded her to head to the B.A.D.-Area, so she walked through crowds of people, disguised as the girl she was before she became a Dark Signer, always keeping in mind that everyone she walked across would be dead soon, that they won't be able to hurt anything anymore. The place where she was going to was the best example that humanity deserved destruction. She did not know how the area was destroyed, but she knew it was because of the neverending need for improvement of mankind that finally caused the Zero Reverse. Hopefully, the other Dark Signers would agree on her point of view.

B.A.D.-Area

Finally, she arrived at the warehouse the voice had told her to be the meeting point. It looked very old and run-down from the outside, but on the other hand, the factory she had labeled as 'home' did so too. Going inside, she saw that two girls were already present, one that looked like to be her age, maybe a few years older, the other one was a little child. However, since the little child was sitting on a throne, she assumed that the child had to be the leader and thus the demonic voice that had called her here. "Hello," she greeted, looking around in the room, if more Dark Signers were present, "I'm Ellyon. I've been waiting for us to take action, humanity has spoiled this world far too long."

On the side of the lowest level of the stacks, bordering on the edge over the ocean, a small Shinto shrine sat. In it, Ami had just finished farewelling the last couple of visitors, and had walked back into the administrative building that doubled as her home when the wings on her right arm glowed briefly, conveying a message before fading once more. As it did, a dark smirk made it's way onto Ami's face, gleeful that the time had finally come for the servants of the Underworld to make their move. After a brief trip to her study, and a couple of scrolls tucked into her jacket, and Ami could lock up the place, before walking across to the very edge of the stack she was in. Taking a moment to concentrate, a dark energy engulfed her body, turning both the skirt and jacket black and changing the formerly red trim on the jacket to cyan instead. Around her head, a hood formed off the jacket, and the dark rings around her eyes glowed cyan, even as her Mark of the Wings appeared on her arm, glowing as the change finished.

A moment later, Ami jumped off the edge, mark glowing as she gave control of her body to the Earthbound Immortal she was working with, and a pair of black and cyan wings appeared from her back as the dive continued. Just before they were about to hit the water, her body tilted, easily turning to glide above the waves as Itzpzpalo moved her body as needed, flying across the water to land carefully in a secluded spot in the BAD area. With the dark miko made her way across to the gathering place quickly, slipping in to see the rest of the currently assembled Dark Signers, not particularly an encouraging sight. Only three others were there so far, the child sitting on the throne seeming to be the leader, and the other two girls as the other Dark Signers. With one of the others just finishing her introduction, Ami spoke up, just introducing herself with, "My name is Ami." before finding a position across to the side to stand. Carefully keeping her face schooled into a neutral expression, not allowing any hint of her own excitement to show through as she waited to see who else would turn up.

Friday, April 7th, 2084
1719 Hours Local
Strailey Utilities Branch Offices, R&D Wing

Justicar Tower, The Scrapes

"3300 ATK eh? Cute."

Sho Nagare stared disinterestedly at the massive, armored dinosaur before him, the Superconductor Tyranno (3300 ATK|LV8) drooling from its virtual maw as it gazed, seemingly hungrily, at the posse of winged "Agent" monsters before it. Sho's "Agents", for their part, looked equally ready for battle, with Uranus (2200 ATK|LV5) and Zeradias (2100 ATK|LV4) taking a stand at the front to hold the line against the beast while the more fragile Earth (1000 ATK|LV2) took cover behind one of Sanctuary in the Sky's large pillars, near Sho's S/T zones. This was a result of the holographic software of Sho's duel disk attempting to add a little more "realism" to the game. Most players found this entertaining, but like a lot of other things, Sho could care less. He looked down at the trio of electrodes attached to his right forearm, then turned to his left, looking through a large window in the wall of the otherwise immaculate test room at a few men in Lab coats.

"Can you hurry this up? I don't want to spend my entire Friday night dueling an old Kaibacorp scrap heap for your little battery of tests."

One of the scientists, a friendly-looking older man in his early sixties by the name of Dr. Berg, acknowledged him with a nod as the rusty, vaguely humanoid form of the duel robot made a jarringly loud whirring noise, its singular eye sensor lighting up dimly as Dr. Berg and his associates manually input its control codes. Easily over half a century old, the robot's A.I. had long-since ceased to function, and the machine itself was in a state of moderate disrepair. However, the robot was the only extant unit of its type, (having been acquired by Strailey Utilities at an auction of some of the Kaiba Family's personal estate some years prior) and as such it was the only available machine capable of fabricating near-real solid-vision holograms (which were roughly comparable to the manifestations generated by a psychic). There was a level of danger involved, of course, but it was a necessity of the test, and Sho had already demonstrated that he was perfectly capable of handling it.

The robot's eye flashed briefly, and the Tyranno responded in kind by firing a blast of plasma over the heads of Sho's leading monsters into the pillar that Earth was taking cover behind. The structure summarily collapsed on her, scattering dust and debris throughout the room. Sho stood there, unfazed save for letting out a small cough in response to the dust (LP: 3000->700), as the robot's protocols ended its turn. Sho's forearm throbbed painfully as his LP count decreased, the scientists in the observation window above making a note of the reaction.

Sho drew his own card as his turn began, silently glancing over his hand briefly before making the move he had previously planned out at the end of his last turn. "I summon The Agent of Creation - Venus." he said as he placed the monster onto his duel disk, Venus (1600 ATK|LV3) taking flight above the slightly intimidated looking pair of Uranus and Zeradias. "Next, I banish my Agent of Miracles - Jupiter from my graveyard to special summon Master Hyperion from my hand." Sure enough, Hyperion (2700 ATK|LV8) too appeared hovering slightly above the ground behind Uranus and Zeradias.  "Now, I activate Hyperion's effect. Using Earth in my grave as ammunition, I can destroy a card on the field, namely Superconductor Tyranno." Hyperion heeded his master's command, forming a flaming ball of solar plasma in his hands that he proceeded to fire at the Dinosaur before him, vaporizing it as the ball exploded in a brilliant flash of light and heat.

"Now then, lets finish this up, shall we?" A bit of a smirk came over Sho's face as Uranus transformed into a dark mist of energy, five black synchro rings emerging in his stead and assembling around a vanishing Venus. Sho spoke in an almost monotone, calm voice, as if he were in a sort of trance. "The demons of sin consume both the saints and the damned as men's hearts blaze with envy and fear. Come forth, and wipe clean this blighted land. Synchro Summon. Beelze, King of Dark Dragons." As if it heard the command, Beelze (3000 ATK|LV8) surged forth from the void within the synchro rings, its twin heads roaring menacingly as it towered over Hyperion and Zeradias. Sho's forearm in turn began to emit a brilliant red light from under the electrodes, where a hook-shaped, vaguely draconic mark appeared and began to painfully burn its way into Sho's flesh. Normally stoic, Sho gritted his teeth in agony as the pain exponentially increased by the second, simultaneously burning and cutting into his flesh as if someone were carving the mark into his arm with a red-hot knife. The instruments in the observation room, having been set up to monitor this very reaction, made a cacophony of beeps and buzzes as they spat out long data sheets. Sho's knees buckled slightly as he began to fight his mark, slowly but surely bringing it under control, and bringing the pain back to a manageable (but still fairly intense) level. The glow on his arm dimmed a bit as Beelze's twin heads coiled and snarled, ready to strike.

"Hyperion, Zeradias, soften it up." The two fairies complied, with Zeradias lunging at the computer with its pike and Hyperion launching another burst of plasma (LP: 7400->2600). The robot's body let out a few sparks from its corroded plating as the smoke cleared, while Beelze appeared to be getting anxious, its serpentine lower body squirming as if it desperately wanted to join in.

Sho breathed deep as his mark throbbed repeatedly. "Beelze, end it." The dragon happily obeyed as its left head shot a blast of dark energy at the duel robot, while its right extended its neck across the room to deliver a brutal melee attack, bashing itself against the robot repeatedly before biting its neck like a giant vampire (LP: 2600->0). The robot's eye dimmed as it shut down, its systems failing from the defeat.The rest of the holograms on the field disappeared as Sho shut down his duel disk and returned the cards to his deck box. His mark stopped glowing, though the shape of it was still outlined in red, burnt skin.

Dr. Berg excitedly made his way down to the test room and opened the door as Sho tore off his electrodes and walked toward the same doorway. Running into the room, the Doctor excitedly shook Sho's hand. "Sho my boy! That was incredible. Its the highest level of mark synchronization I've ever recorded! Beelze was fully under your control, even despite the *erhm*, side effects, of that Brand. You've certainly proven yourself more than capable of using that dragon, and the data you've given us will be invaluable."

Sho wiped some sweat from his brow. "Glad I could be of assistance, Doctor Berg. You've finished your tests on my mark, correct?"

"There are a few more simple tests that we could run, but I think this should be all for today. Lets let your arm have a rest, shall we? Besides, I can see you're in a rush to get out of here anyway. Going out on the town tonight?"

Sho laughed a bit. "If only to keep my little brother out of trouble. Though knowing him I'm probably too late."

"Then get out of here and go enjoy yourself. You've had a long day." Dr Berg gave Sho a pat on the back as he led him through the door.

"Thanks, Doc." Sho replied as he mad his way toward an elevator at the end of the hall. Once inside, he took off his tie and unbuttoned the top few buttons of his white shirt. Sho laughed a bit to himself as he looked at his watch. "Damn Doc and his tests took all day. For once I blew Kazuki off unintentionally."

---

Friday, April 7th, 2084
1803 Hours Local
Corner of West 729th and North 311th

"I'm a bit bummed out about not being able to go with Naoya and the others, but at the very least it gave us a chance to get away for awhile, right?"

Marina Esmeraile was, from the perspective of any onlookers, talking to thin air as she munched on a stick of pocky. From her perspective, however, Marina was speaking to a good friend as he hovered in the air close to her right shoulder. Kurivolt nodded in agreement, his whole small, spherical body getting involved in the motion as he continued to circle Marina's head. The two of them had been walking these streets for roughly an hour now, Marina having gotten herself some sweets and enjoyed a few of the street duels during this time. Though it was a Friday evening, the Alley wasn't quite packed to the brim yet, since rush hour was just ending and many of the regulars had yet to get there from their day jobs. Wouldn't be long before it got very crowded, however, and for Marina, that meant she would either have to leave, or suffer one hell of a headache, and having that happen here could be dangerous.

As Marina made her way toward the corner of West 729th and North 312th, Kurivolt still hovering in her general vicinity, she noticed a rather large crowd forming around the corner, evidently some sort of commotion at its center. "Wonder what's happening there? C'mon Kurivolt lets go check it out!" The tiny thunderball responded with an excited "Kuuriiiii!" as the two joined the crowd, Marina standing on her tiptoes to get a good look at the duel progressing. As it went on, the emotions of the people around her began to drift into her mind.

At first, Marina felt a slight tingling in her head. Then it grew as the raw emotions of the crowd began to manifest inside her brain. Luckily, the crowd was having a good time and enjoying the duel, and as a result most of her input consisted of excitement. There were some others she could pick out too. Some tension from the duelists, a little frustration coming from a vendor nearby who's business was being disrupted, and... infatuation?  "I guess that girl has some pretty big fans." Marina snickered to herself a bit, making note of the female entertainment duelist who quite clearly had the upper hand in the game. Upon further observation, the girl looked to be about her age. "Man, how fun that must be to duel for a living."  Though Marina was talking to no one in particular, there was just a hint of jealousy in her voice, since she herself had to avoid dueling for others' safety. Still, she didn't give it much thought. The positive emotions around her made her giddy. Angry crowds could kill her, but this... This she could enjoy for a good while. The rhythmic buzzing in her head almost felt like a massage, and though in time it would become excruciatingly painful, at the moment it felt very good. Relaxing even.

A few minutes later, the game was over, the entertainment duelist, who Marina had learned was named Haruka thanks to the people around her, had easily won. As the black fist of Haruka's last monster faded away, the girl turned to the crowd and spoke.

"Well, I guess he ain't got the kinda flava we want around here?" The crowd erupted in cheers in response as Marina felt a bit of confusion coming from someone making their way into the crowd next to her. She turned to see the source, a boy in a silver and red baseball cap who looked rather befuddled about what was going on. Before she could say anything though, Haruka spoke again.

"Who's up next to go against the funkiest, freshest, most slammin' shorty this side of Goodwood? I'll take any contenders on!"

At first, there was no response from anyone in the crowd. Many of the duelists amongst them had probably been intimidated by Haruka's very one-sided game. Then however, Marina detected a sense of excitement coming across the crowd, at its center a sensation that Marina would describe as "heat", meaning she was sensing an intense emotion, in this case excitement mixed with a good deal of bravado and confidence. She looked over in that direction and saw a single fist raised, a white and crimson duel disk attached to its owner's arm.

"Yo!"

---

Friday, April 7th, 2084
1659 Hours Local

The Stretch, just outside the Academia Stack

"Dammit Shugo, you have the worst timing kid."

Kazuki Nagare sped along the highway, one of his favorite songs blasting out of his duel runner's powerful sound system. Despite the long commute home from class, he usually found himself enjoying the ride. The twists, the turns, and the wind flowing over him all brought with them a kind of peace. In a way, it was relaxing. It helped that Kazuki had mapped out a route for himself that avoided traffic, and he could therefore go as fast as he wanted (barring any unwelcome intrusion by sector security, anyway).

Today, however, Kazuki was annoyed. He had planned to go to hang out with his older brother that night, but, as often happened when Sho didn't feel like seeing his brother, he'd blown him off, making an excuse out of his job for Strailey utilities. Worse still, Kazuki had been called in for a shift at his own job, thus turning his fun Friday night into another long string of hours unpacking cards and tuning duel runners. Not that it was an awful job. His boss (if one could really call Shugo Yokubō a boss, since he was younger and his relationship with Kazuki was much more friendly than professional) was nice enough, but it still irked him that Kazuki would have to spend yet more hours working when he could be out having a good time. Either way, he still had to go home first, and Kazuki increased his speed. After all, the more time he had to himself, the better.

1800 Hours Local
Corner of West 729th and North 307th

Roughly an hour later, Kazuki found himself on West 729th street, having changed into some better clothes for work, in this case a dark brown bomber jacket, underneath which was a black graphic tee-shirt, and one of his baggier pairs of jeans. He'd worn his duel disk too, just in case one of the duel gangs in the area decided to stir up some trouble, although they usually didn't come this far down the alley without being provoked. As he made his way down the road, he noticed an increase of neon signs and vendors as the residential block gave way to a section of the road known as Entertainment Alley. Entertainment Alley (often shortened to simply "The Alley") was a rather popular stretch of the old town (specifically about ten blocks worth of West 729th street)  known for its odd commercial enterprises and the intense street duels that routinely occurred there. Yokubō Duel Center, Kazuki's place of employment, was located close to the corner of the Alley and North 312th, and Kazuki was accustomed to walking this stretch before his later work shifts and seeing the locals dueling it out for money from the crowds that usually gathered. Some of the vendors here even joined in on the racket, taking bets on the duels and dealing out credits to the winners in exchange for skimming a little off the top for themselves. Most of this was of course, illegal, but sector security rarely, if ever, came down here, and it was a half decent, if unorthodox and insecure, living.

Today, however, there was a much larger crowd than usual gathered on the corner, and they were rather riled up. Intrigued, Kazuki made his way into the crowd, pushing his way closer to the front. At first, he saw nothing out of the ordinary. It was just an early evening street duel, with one of the local dregs (whom Kazuki has beaten soundly plenty of times before) getting thrashed by... "Wait a minute. Haven't seen her here before."

True enough, Kazuki had never seen this girl duel in the alley, though judging by her equipment and the way she was playing to the crowd it was blatantly apparent that she had done this before. Forgetting for the moment that he had a work shift to get to, Kazuki stayed to watch the game, intrigued. The newcomer was rather oddly dressed, quite obviously an entertainment duelist by the way she was playing to the crowd. Still, she wasn't an average performer, her skill (both in the way she played to the crowd and the way she was dominating the game) dispelled that notion almost immediately. The girl had some talent behind the show, that much was certain.  Before long the girl, who Kazuki had learned was named Haruka thanks to someone next to him who had heard her refer to herself in the third person earlier, had her opponent on the ropes."She's pretty good, actually. Not bad for a street duelist."

Kazuki stood silently as the duel concluded, observing both the game and the players, though by no means was he not entertained along with the rest of the rather hyped up crowd. Haruka simultaneously played to the crowd and her opponent, gaining advantage with little effort before getting herself into a position to finish the game, the black first of her monster knocking her opponent back as it delivered a final direct attack. A record scratched back and forth as Haruka pulled up her goggles, revealing her black bangs and golden eyes. Kazuki smirked. "She's kinda cute, too."

"Well, I guess he ain't got the kinda flava we want around here?" The crowd cheered in response as Kazuki moved up further in the crowd. "Who's up next to go against the funkiest, freshest, most slammin' shorty this side of Goodwood? I'll take any contenders on!"

"Looks like I'll get to have some fun tonight after all." Kazuki smirked and raised his left arm in a fist, calling out loud enough so that Haruka could hear him over the crowd.

"Yo!"

The crowd quieted somewhat as Kazuki made his way forward, pushing his way through some of the crowd while others made room for him to step up. After he made his way to the front, he stood across from Haruka, brandishing his duel disk. "How about you duel someone with some real skill?" He flashed a winning, confident smile and ran his right hand through his dark hair as he spoke. "It'll be much more fun than walking all over the pushovers here. Whaddya say?"

Hoozuki Hougyoku was annoyed... no... very annoyed. She was hung over, having ignored all her hangover remedies before getting flat plastered the previous night, and had not had sufficient time to recover before she'd been called into work. As soon as she saw her boss, Jezebel (what a truly infernal name for her demonic employer) Strailey Hoozuki would let her have it. Though whether she liked it or not the situation was entirely her fault, and she was being unfair to her employer, at the moment though Hoozuki was still to hungover to care.

As she entered the Strailey Industries facility Hoozuki flashed the attendant her ID, before swiping it into the elevator. As the elevator began to rise the young woman squinted her eyes, the seemingly too bright sun coming in through the elevator's windows. Hoozuki had chosen today to wear a black kimono and deep purple obi instead of her usual white due to the hangover having made her sensitive to bright colors. Her mood only got worse with the cheery, annoying ding when the elevator reached her desired floor. As she walked down the hallway Hoozuki was relieved that she had at least stopped vomitting since early this morning, the worst part of her hangover seemingly having past. Arriving at the door for her office, Hoozuki again slid her ID into the electronic lock of the door opening it for her. 

Thankful for the drawn blinds and dark colors in her office Hoozuki elected not to turn on the lights, rather only cracking the blinds open slightly allowing enough of the morning sunlight in to brighten the office. She then walked to the cooler stored behind her desk fishing one of the many waterbottles from its contents and placing it on her desk. The young woman the proceeded to fish a pair of keys out from obi unlocking one of the desks many drawers to reveal various bottles of assorted vitamins she kept just for situations such as this. Popping the vitamins into her mouth, she down them with a single gulp of water.

"Ahhhh...." Hoozuki sighed, "well now that I feel better I suppose its time to get to work." Hoozuki switched her computer on, and proceeding to type in the security code booted it up. The young woman reclined in her, rather comfortable, chair as the computer whirred to life. About this time her boss would hear a beep at her computer, alerting her that Hoozuki's security code had been used and that the young woman was here should she feel the need to call upon her. 

With the computer ready Hoozuki booted up the video feed for the lab, so that she could go through her daily routine of watching the freaks of nature summon their dumb dragons, writhe around in pain abit, and the scientists write unimportant things down acting like this reaction was different, and that they were receiving new information. 

"Really, I don't get why we even run this tests anymore," Hoozuki sighed staring at the screen in boredom, "nothing new is going to happen..." As each of the test subjects appeared on screen, Hoozuki pushed away from the desk opening the minifridge again this time pulling out alcohol... she was going to need to watch these kids. She'd given them all nicknames at this point to. She watched them appear on screen 1 by 1... wait just a moment. Hoozuki sighed, only 3 of them appeared, 4 had yet to make their appearance and Catherine "Rebellious Teenage Phase" would likely not show up for a very long time, if at all.

"It's going to be a very long day," Hoozuki sighed popping her drink open.

|_)Kirkmond Troy, Hidden Cave(_|

Kirkmond shivered, he honestly should have brought a jacket with him. Being one of the few premier scientific minds in the Arcadia Movement, he joined the small expedition in order to locate a psychic who had allegedly gone missing some forty years ago. Ugh, the cold was making his sinuses go mad. It was like someone was shoving a screwdriver up his nose and it was still twisting.

He sniffled loudly before the pain overloaded and he sneezed loudly, the noise echoed through the cave. "Scuse me" he groaned and rubbed at his nose. Back and forth, back and forth, but was no good. He had to resort to pinching the bridge of his nose as he looked over the paperwork he had brought with him. From the original study he had done, Kirkmond had theorized that the psychic who had gone missing was one Koharu Taguchi, who was barely found at all in the records. He shivered again as he looked at a holopad he had brought with him.

It brought up an overlay of the cave, though, strangely had a ping operating on the far side of the blockage. The ping was of a living human, which, should have been impossible... surely. "Naoya-ya-ya" he said through chattering teeth.

He moved up close to the leader of the Arcadia Movement with his holopad. "Naoya-ya-ya. There's a heartbe-be-beat on the otherrrrr si-side of the blockage. It might-might be Koha-ha-haru Ta...guchi" he explained, the chill getting the better of him.

---------------------------------------------------------------

|_)Gavin Aspros, by the Car(_|

Gavin had failed to keep up with Catherine because of the insipid fans. He had to shove past them all as hard as he could to make it through. Surviving the crowd, he found the Strailey Limo, and, if the tint was any indication, Catherine was in it. And, she must have found his gift. He blushed slightly as his mind wondered over what she would say to him. I love you? I want you to be mine? For once you DON'T sicken me? The possibilities were endless as he decided to play it cool, or, as cool as he could as he leaned on the car by the door. "That was some good dueling out their Cat!" he said a little too loudly and a lot too familiar.

And then a kid ran by with a piece of paper, probably for Catherine to sign. "You got ID kid?" Gavin demanded.

The kid told him he was eight. "Then PISS OFF!" he said as harshly as he could.

The kid ran away almost in tears. "Friggin groupies" Gaving grumbled under his breath as he scanned for threats that only he could see.

Friday, April 7th, 2084
1832 Hours Local

West 635th

Mika's Flat, The Scrapes

Squished between much larger, much more expensive flats lie Mika's humble 8x8 single-room flat. From the outside, there's little to no indication that the place was a private detective agency, safe for a small name card taped to the glass door. On the inside, it's even worse. Because the flat was her living room, bedroom, kitchen, dining room, and workspace bundled in one small area, it's absolutely littered with documents, leftovers and other random junk. Not that this was a problem, as Mika usually accepts her clients through the internet. 

Tired after finally finishing a 3 month long job, Mika took some time to herself and had a long hot shower that will definitely crash her water bill. Still, the money she received from the job would be more than enough to pay for it. 

"Hah..." Mika said to herself under the curtain of water trickling over her body. "That went on longer than expected... What an odd case. Not a single contradiction, not a single fabricated fact, no matter how ridiculous it first seemed." Mika paused for a bit, before smirking a little after realizing she'd been talking to herself in the bathroom. She spent the rest of her shower completely silent, pondering over her previous case in her head instead of blurting it out loud.

~15 Minutes Later~

After finishing her shower, Mika decided to skip putting on clothes (or drying her hair properly, in fact), and went straight to her computer to check an online store where she can spend her paycheck on. However, she was rather surprised to find a new email in her job inbox. When she read the email, her face turned from surprise to curiosity. 

"To Private Detective Mikado Kanaberal

There is a matter in which your assistance is required. There is an address attached to this email for you to go to, should you accept this request. 

Do not reply to this email, directly come to the address provided. Details will be provided after you have arrived." 

Is all the email read. "How odd. Usually clients give me info on exactly what the hell they want me to do, so this must be some sort of classified case or something." Mika thought to herself, resting her head on her palms. Out of curiosity, Mika checked the attached file. "Hang on..." Mika's face turned more serious once she saw the place she was instructed to go to. "Strailley Industries? Industries, then... That means... Money! That's it!" Upon realizing that she may be in line for two high-paying jobs in a row, Mika's dreary eyes suddenly lit up, and her jaws dropped slightly. Despite every synapse in her brain telling her that it's possible the email was a scam, she was still in a joyful mood, and she figured that nobody would go so far as use the address of a rather well-known company. 

Excited at the prospect, Mika increased the pace of her mouse-clicking and sent the address to her phone before suddenly standing up, dropping the towel covering her body in the process. Not one for cleaning up, though, Mika immediately put on her clothes and left her house for the Strailley Industries main building with her red messenger bag dangling on the right side of her body. Without any sort of personal transport on her own, Mika was forced to use one of the many elevator-like trains that fill the scrapes, thus making her journey far longer than it would normally take. 

Friday, April 7th, 2084
1854 Hours Local
Strailey Industries Main Building

Justicar Tower, The Scrapes

20 minutes later, Mika arrived at the main building of Strailley Industries. It was already dark by the time she got there, but the Scrapes had plenty of bright neon lights for illumination. Having no doubts about the legitimacy of the email at all, Mika confidently walked in and immediately went to the reception. 

"Welcome to the Strailley Industries Main Building." Said the reception lady. "I don't suppose you have made an appointment, young lady?" 

Mika was annoyed when she heard the reception lady call her "Young lady", but what can she do? She looks no older than fifteen, and her clothes didn't help at all. 

"Actually, I don't know either. I'm Private Detective Mikado Kanaberal, here on behalf of an email apparently sent by this company." Mika answered in a somewhat cynical tone, using her Psychic Ability just to make sure she isn't hiding anything. "I can flash my badge if you don't trust me." 

Friday, April 7th, 2084
1832 Hours Local

West 635th

Mika's Flat, The Scrapes

“Hmm, intriguing.”

Marie was spying Mikado’s flat when the owner was on the shower for her own amusement to look for interesting scoops, something that seemingly had worked well for her lately. She had done it for the last month, and she had got some nice scoop from this method during the times when she would have to resort to less interesting news to fill in the quota, like duel reports and such. Besides, she needed a way to fill her time before the incoming big tournament hit.

Fifteen minutes later, Marie saw Mikado went out from her bathroom, and went straight to her computer. Same thing as usual, Marie thought. But that day, it was really different.

Something seemingly had gained Mikado’s interest, and whatever that was, Marie knew that she needed to check that and follow her.

Her attention was momentarily shifted when Mikado dropped her towel. She looked on her bag for a camera, but when she was ready for a shoot, Mikado had already left her house.

When she was sure that Mika had already left, Marie closed in on her flat, and took a closer peek to the computer screen that Mika had apparently forgot to turn off before she left.

The address written there really intrigued her.

“Strailey Industries?
Damn, this is going to be big!”

Wasting no further time, Marie ran away as fast as she could, her own flat was the destination.

“Well, well, well. Mikado Kanaberal.

I believe we shall bump to each other more often that you would ever like.”

----

Friday, April 7th, 2084
19.44 Hours Local

Ms.Herne’s Flat, The Scrapes

Marie had forgotten that it would take quite a while if she went back to her flat on foot instead of using any form of public transport.

Her flat was relatively tidy, thanks to the lack of papers and documents littering the place. Her memory-based psychic ability made her less reliant on using paper records, and for the things that were actually necessary, she always saved them on her computer.

Immediately after she went inside, she opened her drawers, and pulled out several of her favorite tools of ‘journalism’.

Spy camera. Tracker. Stuffs like that.

She often wondered why these tools were rarely used in proper journalism.

When she asked people about it, they said it was unethical.

“But screw ethics!

The truth must be revealed, no matter what must be done to reach that!”

Yeah, that was why she had little friends on her current field at the moment. She lacked what they perceive as ‘ethics’.

But why should she care? ‘Truth’, that was the only thing that really mattered as a journalist, wasn’t it?

Even if she used to know Mika...that should not deter her in her pursuit of the truth.

With that in her mind, she packed the tools on her bag.

She had a mission.

She definitely would not let her fail herself this time.

Friday, April 7th, 2084
1612 Hours Local
Neo Domino Dueling Academy

"Miss Arisawa, 100 points! congratulation!!"

Prof. Maria announced, shocked the entire junior class before Arisawa Maho stood up and walked to the teacher's desk to receive her exam. She went back to her seat, packing her stuff while cheerfully thanks her friends who showed appreciation. 

The start of Maho's new semester went along pretty well, 4 Dueling matches without any lose and a full score of her first exam, and even with those overwhelming success, she's not as arrogant as her former self and being friendly. Because of that she's now very popular in the class.

Friday, April 7th, 2084
1709 Hours Local
A Flat near Justicar Tower, The Scrapes

An hour later, Maho reached her flat, the luxury flat provided by Yliaster a year ago when she joined them, taking their Dueling and Strategies Course which is far more advanced than her lessons at the Academy, passed all exams that were said to be impossible for her age, proved her talent and wisdom she had to Yliaster's researchers.

Maho entered her room, put her bag on the desk neatly and lied on the bed. She pulled an Extra Deck out of her doll and picked up the top card. It was the white dragon with an armor that's more likely to be made of a mirror, surrounded by bolts of lightning. It was Arc Night Dragon, the Signer Dragon, the proof of her being a Signer...

Maho was looking at her Signer Dragon when a voice came out from the special doll made by Yliaster to serve as her doll, Duel Disk and a Mobile Phone in 1. She picked it up and start using it as a mobile phone. It's not so long until she found out what made that voice just now.

"Huh, a mail?" Maho said with such an adorable voice "Let see...".

"Ooooh, yay, some actually came~ Now then, let's see many of you are there! One... Two..."

Acting playfully in a way that completely undermined the earlier demonic voice they'd all heard, the supposed leader of the Dark Signers began counting them. Slowly. In a way, like a preschooler. As she counted in this slow way, she didn't respond to any of the questions she'd been asked. And, to her disappoint, there were only four of them thus far. Where were all the others? Were they asleep or something? This wasn't a laughing matter, and they should know that. After all, their goal was to open the portal to the Underworld and plunge the world into an unstoppable, everlasting darkness. What, did she have to send another message? Jeez.

"Meh... Anyway, greetings to the holders of the Dog, Spiral, Wings, and...um, Llama Mark~"

At the last one, Pener had to suppress herself from doing anything such as giggling since she wouldn't want to pay disrespect to her- oh, too late, she ended up giggling anyway. What a horrible leader. On the bright side, though, at least it wasn't something like a Triangle.

"...So! There's a lot that I wish to say to you all, which will involve pure darkness, death, a revolution, and ice cream, but maybe we should wait a little longer. Seems like the Tree, the Alligator, and the Hands especially are a little late."

Afterwards, she lay back into her throne and relaxed, continuing to wait, though it was plain and clear by her expression that she was super excited for what was to come.

Friday, April 7th, 2084
1754 Hours Local
Underneath Neo Domino, Unknown Location
Below Deepest Layers of the Sprawl

Naoya

Kirkmond came shivering up to Naoya, a display that made Naoya adjust his collar to assure that he wouldn't feel cold as well. His blue trench coat was providing him with enough warmth, but he could feel the breeze coming from what was beyond the rubble. "I see," Naoya answered Kirkmond. "So she's alive. Good. Let us not keep her any longer, then." Taking his deck of Duel Monster cards, he searched through them to find a suitable card. Summoning a mechanical jester-like monster named Krebons, Naoya nodded to the Psychic Lifetrancer. Krebons gestured with its hands, and a yellow-green wall formed in front of Krebons, Naoya, Kirkmond, and the rest of the Psychics accompanying them. Psychic Lifetrancer pulled back the spheres it had summoned, pushing the collapsed rubble away, and throwing against the walls where they stayed. Unfortunately, there was still something in there way: a steel door.

Naoya took a step back, holding up the two cards corresponding to his summoned monsters. "You might all want to stay clear." Krebons glowed bright green before his form shifted into two green circles. Both of them moved above the Psychic Lifetrancer, surrounding her as her body turned transparent, seven stars appearing within her body before two more joined them, while a pillar of white light consumed her. Just as quickly as they appeared, the circles and the light were gone, replaced with a white android carrying two guns, one white, and one black. "Hyper Psychic Blaster," Naoya ordered. "Destroy the door, but be careful so as to not harm anything inside."

The android nodded, and it pointed both of its guns at the door. Lasers fired from both of them, the metal slowly melting as the android kept its arm on the outer edges of the door. The android reached its hand against the right side of the door, ignoring the molten metal, before dragging the door to the left side of the cave. However, as it did, a rush of cold air flowed out of the room, Naoya shielding his eyes to prevent any frost from making it difficult to see. "Let's get a move on," he said. Taking a step through the ground, he made his way into a cryogenics lab.

Looking around, he saw that all of the freezers were empty, save for one. A young woman was lying in one of the freezers, her strangely blue-skinned body completely lacking in clothing, though her hands and legs were preserving what little modesty she could. Her eyes looked open, though weakly, while Naoya placed a hand on the cover of the freezer. "Can you hear me?" he asked her. "Koharu, isn't it? I cannot begin to imagine how you must be feeling, but I am hear to tell you that you will not have to stay here any longer." Keeping his hand on the freezer, he bit his lip to endure the cold, while turning his head slightly towards Kirkmond. "We must be careful getting her out of here. What would you suggest we do?"

---

“Well, this is quite odd.”

Walking on the hallway of the famed duel academy, Adelais noticed that there were no wimps for her to face, no scrubs to sharpen her duel skill on. Either those trashes started to avoid her like a plague in fear of her superiority, or she was just plain unlucky that day. Either way, she was completely, utterly bored, and waiting for Catty to return felt like an eternity at that time.

She decided to sat down and whipped out her keyboard from its bag. It was a special keyboard specifically designed to her ideals and preferences. Without caring that no-one was around to watch her, Adelais started to play with her keyboard, performing one of her favorite piece with it.

Just as she was finished with her track, she noticed that someone was around. It was Katsuo, that brute that also acted as one of Catty’s underlings. Adelais wasn’t very fond of him due to the huge difference in posture between the two of them, but professionally, she had no problem with him.

But that aside, Adelais remembered that his deck was Lightsworns, from the rare occasions when she saw him dueling.

“Dueling, huh?”

Adelais smiled. She had an idea now about how she would curb her boredom this time.

“Kat!

I challenge you to a friendly duel!

This is a challenge you can’t refuse!”

Preparing her duel disk and deck, she stood up from her seat as a track played from her keyboard. Yeah, her keyboard also doubled as an music player, since it would be really convenient for her to practice some hard songs that way, or to compare her current performance with how she performed before.

But, technical talk aside…

“I activate! Grand Fantasia Hall of Symphony!

And then, I Special Summon from my hand, Fantasia Prima Fantastica, Tsai in Attack Position!

I set 2 cards, and entered my End Phase. But wait, during my End Phase, Grand Hall’s effect! I add Fantasia Maiden Fugue from my deck to my hand and then I discard Solo – First Movement!

Turn end.

Your turn now, Kat~”

Her set cards were Torrential Tribute and Scherzo – Third Movement.

Hopefully her borderline weak early game could be salvaged later on.

She didn't even bother to see about how her opponent reacted to her rash and to the point challenge and turn.

---

Kirkmond shielded his eyes from the laser blasts of the mighty Synchro monster, and in one fit of able-mindness he ducked behind Naoya as the ice blast issued from the open door. This further drop in temperature caused him to shake harder as he numbly followed Naoya into the cryogenics lab. He stepped over ground-based icicles as he looked for any sort of reports, his mind numbing from the absurd cold. A trembling finger held into his sleeve grasped a drawer, but the cold had frozen it shut. "We must be careful getting her out of here. What would you suggest we do?" Naoya inquired.

Kirkmond stared up from the draw, and if he wasn't so damn cold he would have had a visible blush due to the rather immodest appearance of Koharu. "We wo-wo-would ne-ee-ed to fi-find the man-manual or off-off swi-itch. It sh-should be in a-a draw-wer, or a con-console. Someone-one help me-e-e fi-find it" he chattered, his freezing fingers pointing to the psychics who had joined them for the hike.

The group began probing around the land as Kirkmond joined Naoya. He tried his best to not let his male gaze define what he saw, so he tried to maintain a shaky look at Naoya instead. "We sh-should star-start by reMOOving the gl-glass" he explained.

Bootleg Bar, The Sprawls, nighttime

It would probably be yet another busy Friday night for the bar, Damien thought, as he approached the back door of the establishment. He had a pretty rough day himself, being subject to all sort of tests in the Yliaster labs since early morning. Although not as rough as some other of the signer test subjects, partly because of his mentor's influence in the organization, and also because of his natural conditions, and more than good synchronization with his Signer Dragon.
"Yo" Damien mumbled without interest as he spotted Calixto Hunter, the owner of Bootleg and his guardian, while the man was attending some customers.
"Oh..., hey" Calixto answered after taking a second to examine the flamboyant magenta jacket his protégé was garbed in "How was today?"
"A pain in the ass, as usual" The blond youngster replied while taking a seat in a chair by the counter.
"I see..., those guys are as strict as always" The bartender empathized "They were like that even back in the day"
"Yeah, yeah, but enough of that, now pour me something strong, will ya?" Said Damien, while brushing the matter aside.
"Sure thing, the usual is fine, right-" Calixto started speaking, but he was suddenly interrupted.
"HEY!, bartender!, I'm speaking to you" Shouted one of the customers, that was in one of the tables farthest away from the counter.
It was a large and heavily tattooed bald man, fully clothed in black, and wearing several skull-shaped accessories. And to top it off, his red face indicated that he was completely drunk. Clearly not the type of person you would like in a respectable place, but Bootleg wasn't one of those places to begin with, so that man actually belonged to the target demographic the place appealed to.
"H-huh?, ah, yes, what do you need...?" Calixto replied dubiously.
"MY BOOZE!" The man screamed "I asked for it since an hour ago!"
"Ahh, yeah, sure, I'll get it for you right away..." Calixto started working while trying to remember if that man had ordered anything at all.
"Man!, can you believe this shitty place, what an awful service" The bald ruffian commented to his partners, who laughed.
"Actually, old man..." Damien spoke while staring blankly at the counter "I don't think that you should serve that a****** anything"
The man and his partners stared dumbfounded at Damien's back. Several of the other bar attendants, which knew Damien very well, stopped talking and sneered at the scene. Calixto just sighed heavily.
"HUH!?, the hell you're talking about?, you punk" The thug managed to reply after a short moment of surprise.
"I mean, why should he serve anything to a shitty ball of lard that doesn't know his place?" The boy asked with a grin in his face as he turned around to face the customers.
The fat man and his gang stood up immediately and started making a ruckus. Damien also got up from his chair and was getting ready to fight, but he felt a firm hand on his shoulder. It was Calixto, who was looking at him with a grave expression that immediately made him remember the "no fights inside the building" policy that the man so heavily reinforced.
"Tch..." Damien clicked his tongue with anger, and lowered his fists.
"What's this?! Are you backing down now, you little chicken?!" The ruffian rebuked Damien.
"It's for your own good, believe me..." Damien started answering, when he noticed that the bald man was carrying a duel disk "...but actually, we can settle this right now. How about we duel it out?"
"Heh, fine by me" the drunkard answered with confidence "I'll let you know that I've been the champion of the Underground Dueling Tournament for two years straight, there's no way in hell that a punk like you could beat me!"
"Ohh, impressive, impressive..." The young man replied ironically while adjusting his own duel disk.
"And when I have my way with you, me and my boys reserve the right to trash your insolent face!"
"Sure, but that is if you actually manage to beat me" Damien answered, with his preparations all finished. Then, he turned around and looked at Calixto, like asking for confirmation.
"...Fine" The bartender answered the implicit pleading after rolling his eyes "But do it outside"
"That was what I was just waiting to hear!" Damien rejoiced and headed to the back door of the bar.

---

The duel was already underway, with the back alley that was just besides the bar as its stage. Damien was having a tougher time than what he expected.
"Haha, this is a walk in the park!" The bald man gloated.
In his side of the field was standing a gigantic insect, Doom Dozer (2800 ATK|LV8), and he boasted the respectable LP amount of 3600.
"You just wait and see!" Responded Damien with confidence, despite being in a losing position.
In his side of the field standed two Level 6 DARK Spellcaster-type Monsters of the "Shaman" archetype (Damien's deck of choice), Doom Shaman (2400 ATK) and Wandering Shaman - Bakana (2300 ATK), plus a face-up Continuous Spell Card, Evil Mandala. His Life Points were significantly lower that his opponent's, being only 1100. He had no cards in his hand.
"What? Are you going to cry and call for your daddy?" The thug mocked Damien "Doom Dozer, attack!"
The oversized worm attacked and destroyed Bakana (Damien LP 1100 → 500). Its effect then activated, sending Shamanism from the top of Damien's Deck to the Graveyard.
"Next turn will be your last one, make good use of it, haha!" The bald man set two cards face-down and ended his turn.
"Now..., it's time to take the trash out!" Damien exclaimed "DRAW!"
As he checked on the card he just drew, a smirk appeared on his face.
"I banish Bakana from my Graveyard to Special Summon this monster, Mysterious Shaman - Ekala!" The boy proclaimed, as the holograms projected the shape of young blue-haired girl with tribal tattoos (1500 ATK|LV4) "Since I have no cards in my hand and I control the Continuous Spell Card Evil Mandala, I can activate her effect and draw two cards, go!"
Light emanated from Ekala's hands, and Damien drew two cards: Fissure and Shaman Servant Malingee.
"Hmm..., I think I can do this without summoning that guy" He thought out loud while examining his hand and Graveyard.
"Hah!, a loser like you that dresses like a clown can't do anything against me!" The ruffian laughed with his friends.
"...On second thoughts, I'd rather destroy you with it" A visibly angered Damien replied "But first things first, I activate Fissure, to get rid of your monster!"
"Not so fast chap!, I activate my Trap Card, Magic Drain!" Damien's opponent replied "If you don't have a Spell Card in your hand, you can kiss your effect goodbye!"
"Meh, that doesn't matter, I'm gonna end you right now anyways!" Damien retorted, "I Gemini Summon my Doom Shaman!, and now he gains his effect. Effect I will use to Special Summon one Fiend-type monster from my Graveyard. Come along, Shaman Servant Zebub!"
A nasty-looking, obese demon appeared on the field (DEF 2100|LV4|Tuner) "Hey, thinking about it, doesn't this guy look a lot like you?" Damien mocked his adversary.
"Why, you little..." The thug raged.
"And I'm just starting, hrghh..." Damien braced for the pain that was to come, and held his right arm "Now, I tune my 2 Level 4 Monsters, Zebub and Ekala, for a Level 8 Synchro Summon"
A heavy atmosphere formed around the area Damien was standing, and everything looked like it was being sucked into that place. "W-what is this...?" muttered the bald man.
"From the gap between heaven and hell this being comes, from the purgatory! Devouring both pure and tainted souls!, SYNCHRO SUMMON! Absorb the world, Void Ogre Dragon!"

The Synchro Summoned monster emerged, a huge, vicious-looking dragon with prominent claws and a dark red aura around it (ATK 3000|LV8). The behemoth roared with a voice that sent shivers down the spines of the criminals.

"So, how do you like my little friend?" A clearly agitated Damien asked mockingly. Sure, he had good compatibility with the dragon, but summoning it still took the best out of him "Looking a bit scared there"

"H-haha, no way!, I actually expected for you to do that, you see!" The thug said while trying to appear composed "Brats these days are all crazy about Synchro Summoning, and I know that! I activate from my Graveyard the effect of Shiny Black "C"! Now your monster will be destroyed!"

"Heh, you really think so? TOO BAD! I activate the effect of Shaman Servant Malingee from my hand! By discarding it and targeting a DARK Synchro Monster I control, that monster becomes unaffected by the effects of monsters. I target my Void Ogre Dragon!" Damien exclaimed.

"Grrr..., but this still isn't over!" Shouted the bald man.

"Oh, but it will be over soon..." The signer continued "Now I activate the effect of Shamanism from my Graveyard! By banishing this card, all my Shaman monsters gain 1000 ATK for the rest of this turn!" (Doom Shaman ATK 2400 → 3400) "Now, Doom Shaman, attack and destroy his Doom Dozer!"

"Like I'd let you!" The ruffian countered "Trap Card activate, Lair Wire! By banishing the Insect-type Aztekipede the Worm Warrior from my Graveyard, I can destroy your attacking monster, haha!"

"NO WAY IN HELL THAT'S HAPPENING!" Damien shouted, a maniacal grin on his face "Void Ogre Dragoon effect! If I control no cards in my hand, I can negate the effect of your Trap Card!"

"No way..." The thug cried in disbelief, as the pressure emanated from the dark dragon shattered his Trap Card. Doom Shaman's attack went through and destroyed Doom Dozer (Thug LP 3600 → 3000).

"And now, for the finishing touch, Void Ogre Dragon, send him to purgatory!" Damien commanded as the dragon charged energy in his mouth "CHAOS BURST!"

The attack impacted straight into the ruffian, rendering him unconscious (Thug LP 3000 → 0).

"In the end, I guess he did entertain me a little bit" Damien said, as the monster holograms vanished.

"H-how could you do that to the boss!" One of the bald man's subordinates shouted "Piece of s***, we're going to kill you!"

The angry goons surrounded Damien, with clear intentions.

"Well, it looks like I'll have to do this after all" The boy laughed while cracking his knuckles.

"That's enough" A voice called from behind Damien. It was Calixto, who was still in his working apron, and had a serious expression on his face. "Go inside and take care of the bar, I'll clean this up"

"Huh, but things were just starting to get interesting..." Damien replied.

"You are tired, and you have some work to do for the Strailey girl, right? You better save your energies for something important instead of playing around like this" The bartender continued "Cut me some slack and listen to me for once"

"Guess it can't be helped" Damien sighed and started walking towards the bar, leaving the group of thugs astonished "And I was going to go easy on them, poor bastards..." He continued, thinking about the fate that awaited them at the hands of his mentor.

But Calixto was right. He was tired for all the training at Yliaster, and because of that last duel. And Catherine's plans were about to get in motion, and he needed to get ready for action.

"Now gentlemen, would you kindly retire from here?" Calixto asked with a polite smile. Damien just smiled as he entered Bootleg Bar.

---

Ellyon

B.A.D.-Area

Ellyon sceptically raised an eyebrow. This little girl wasn't the leader she expected. Like, at all. She had anticipated a huge man, with a charisma so evil that everyone of their enemies would kill themselves on sight. But this Pener Girl..., she was way too cute and innocent. Although she said all those stuff, about death, destruction and chaos that Ellyon wanted too, minus the Ice Cream, maybe, she couldn't take the girl as serious as she would have wanted. Granted, there had to be a reason why she was the leader of the Dark Signers, so Ellyon hoped that all of this childishness was just facade and that the true Pener was just as malicious and deadly as she wanted her to be. Well, she would see soon, once the other Dark Signers appeared, up until now, only four were present, not counting Ellyon herself.

Calder

Arcadia Movement HQ

'Why didn't you go with them?' 'You know that I don't like such expeditions, Fang. And I wouldn't have been much of a help down there, except if they wanted to hear the anecdotes of flying Fishes in a cave.' Calder answered the question that one of his Monsters, 'Flyfang' had posed to him. Currently, a few Members of their Movement were searching in the Underground for a Psychic Duelist that was hidden there for years now. 'But, it's still no good idea to keep on being alone here,' another Spirit spoke up, 'Wingtortoise', 'Those people are much like you, you finally found people who might understand you. Why are you so keen on playing outsider?' 'I am no outsider. I just prefer being alone and the others know that, I think. And you should know that I'm not really good in this whole friendship thing.' 'Oh, we know that. If he had a little bit more selection, we wouldn't be with you any longer.' 'You should probably start  cheerleading, because that's very motivating.' 'A cheerleader that only one in thousands can see? What a wonderful idea. And don't be like that. We also expected more from this place, more company, but up until know, we only know of one other person here that can actually see us.' 'What's wrong with me?' 'That list would be way too long. But come on, isn't this the place you dreamed off? Just compare it to your school.'

With this words in his head, Calder considered this conversation as ended and leaned up on his bed he had been lying on for the last hour. Originally, he had tried to take a nap, but this had soon proven itself as worthlessy, as the voices in his head wouldn't let him sleep so easy. Sometimes this was nice, but sometimes it was just annoying. But they were right, the Arcadia Movement was great. He was fully accepted by them, being no longer an outsider because he had too, but because he kinda wanted too. Calder slowly got up and walked out of his shared bedroom. He had to visit the bathroom.

Koharu was still observing the cyrogenics lab that she was stuck in when all a sudden, the front door was melted down and pushed aside by a Hyper Psychic Blaster that had been manifested into life. Although why the summoner didn't just type in the password using the nearby keypad, Koharu didn't know. Perhaps he had forgotten or was never told the password, and thus had to improvise. Or maybe, just maybe he was instructed by Divine himself to put on this heroic facade. The latter sickened Koharu just by the thought of it, but she'd quickly realized that this summoner and the other Psychic Duelists were her only ticket out of this frozen hell.

"I don't know what stunt you're trying to pull, but..." Koharu paused, looking way over to her left before speaking again, "...if you're truly here to help me out of here, then please press that big green button on the nearby console. If I recall correctly, it should open up this freezer that I've been placed inside."

"Sorry, sorry. It was just a simple mistake~" The scarlet haired boy, smiling with a calm expression on his face, had thrown his hands in the air, signifying his guilt of the deed. The deed in question could be described as nothing short of a wreck. Behind the boy, there was a single duel runner that had stood proud and tall amongst other, not so proud, duel runners. The latter kind were scattered across the ground, seeming to be completely totalled with their missing parts found every which way around the area.

The trio who seemed to claim ownership of the broken duel runners, did not seem so willing to forgive the boy. Having a clearly angered face at the boy, one of the three had stepped up to the boy and grabbed him by the vest. "You're sorry?" Tightening his grip around the boy's vest, he leaned in closer shouting, "you're sorry?! You have any idea how much you're going to pay for this?"

The boy simply shrugged at the question whilst looking up. "Not to sure. I'm going to go for...none at all." The man holding him started to tighten his grip as the ever so apparent anger. Before the man holding him could say anything, a purple mark in the shape of an alligator started to glow on his left arm. The boy was then told by some ominous voice, that went by Pener, that he was apparently supposed to meet up in the B.A.D Zone. After the message was done, he let out a sigh, only to be released from the grip of the man.

Stumbling backwards, in shock of what he had just seen, he stammered "wh-what the hell is that on your arm?"

The boy looked at the mark and raised it to the man. "This? It's nothing. Let's just call it...a birthmark." The startled trio seemed to get over their confusion soon after and went straight back to being angry at the boy, to which he just waved his hands at them and said, "sadly, I have places to be, so we have to wrap this up rather quickly. Now how's about we strike a deal here and settle this like we settle all the world's troubles. With a duel." Walking towards his duel runner, he picked off the duel disk attached to it while the angered trio stared at him, baffled at his challenge. "Now now, we'll make this interesting. First off, to save time, I'll duel you all at once. And if you win, then I'll give you everything duel monsters related that I own. However if I win...well, let's just say, you won't even care about the duel runners." The trio seemed eager to take him up on his challenge, and as such, they all brought out the duel disks they conviniently had on them. With a smirk on his face, the boy's sclera turned black with the mark on his arm lighting up. "Now then, let's duel."

-Moments Later-

As he parked his duel runner outside the ruined building, he had realized that he perhaps had a little too much fun with that trio. Noting how much time had passed since he received the message from the ruler of the underworld, or something to that effect, he had come to the conclusion that he was probably late. Very late. Ah well, it's not like all the fun could've already happened in that short amount of time. As such, he simply walked into the building to meet up with his fellow undead comrades.

As he entered the room with the rest of the dark signers, he noticed something interesting almost immediately. His eyes darted from dark signer to dark signer, taking note of each one's physical appearance as he went. He was certainly not expecting the grand majority of dark signers to be female, especially with one looking like a ten year old. In fact it looked like the start to some generic harem type thing. Regardless, he bowed to the company and said, "hello there. Sorry for being ever so late to this gathering. My name is Souta Kyouryuu." Standing back up, he showed the brand on his arm saying, "mark of the alligator. Pleasure to meet you all."

-------------------------

With Lady Catherine being out and proving to the world, once more, how powerful she was, Katsuo Masayoshi had been patrolling the premises of the Academy this very day. Doing his duty, he was constantly wandering down the halls to check if any sort of law breaker was around that needed to be apprehended. 

Though, as he made his journey around the school, there was no sign of any sort of felons around. While it was not a bad thing to have happened, quite the contrary in fact, it left Katsuo with little to do. However, this did make him feel pleasure as he was now confident that his role in moving this school towards a more law abiding student body was working quite well. It was then that he heard something that sounded if it was coming from sort of keyboard. While he had an inkling of who it belonged to, it was shortly confirmed when the voice of the player came to him.

Looking down, he saw the petite girl that was Adelais, one of Lady Catherine's closest of associates. While he had no real problem with her as both a student and a comrade of Lady Catherine, there was something about the nickname she gave him that he had not so enjoyed. The girl then outright challenged him to a duel, and as such, brought her own duel disk and deck out. "Very well then, Adelais! I shall accept your challenge!" With that, he pulled out something that resembled a shield from his back. Placing it on his arm, it quickly clipped into place, with the rectangular blade shooting out. Placing his deck into the shield part, he was ready.

With it now being his turn he examined the card he drew saying, "I shall start out by summoning Raiden, Hand of the Lightsworn. Next I shall activate his effect to send the top two cards of my deck to the graveyard." Two cards then popped out from his deck for Katsuo to catch. He examined that they were both Jenis, Lightsworn Mender and Necro Gardna. Raiden's blade then became imbued with a golden aura around them as his attack skyrocketed a whopping 200 points. 

"Next, I shall set these two cards face down and end my turn. However, due to Raiden's effect, I must send two more cards from deck to my grave." Taking the next two cards from his grave, he noted them to be Rinyan, the Lightsworn Rogue and Ryko, the Lightsworn Hunter. Furthermore, the two cards he had set were Lightsworn Barrier and Photon Lead. "Your turn Adelais."

"Weeell, not a bad first turn, huh?"

Adelais then drew a card.

"Tch, not what I hoped for. But alright."

Looking once again to her cards, Adelais then smiled.

"Alright! I Special Summon Fantasia Maiden Fugue from my hand!

And then, Tsai's effect! I return Fugue to my hand; I bounce your raiden to your hand!

ANd then, I entered my Battle Phase! Tsai attacks directly!

With that done, I'll finish my turn, but not before adding Fantasia Maiden Sonata and discarding it to the graveyard.

Your move, Katie."

Note in mind, I probably should take duels easier.

Being this rushed for merely a practice duel is not good for my health.

Adelais stopped for a second to catch her breath.

"Anyway, Katsuo.

Can you feel it? The tournament is coming closer. Can you feel the hype?

Have you practiced harder lately?"

Before the duel could even begin, Shugo overheard something strange. A girl close by to him in the crowd, close to his age, appeared to have been talking to herself. He would assume that she was merely reminding herself of things to do for the day since she probably has better things to do outside of this district, but after listening on more carefully, it sounded more like she was talking to someone else.

Maybe she was and Shugo just can't tell. But, everybody around her either was facing her and looking out towards the duel-to-be, or had their backs towards her. Maybe she had a bluetooth earpiece and he didn't see it. But why would she be talking so quietly if that were the case? The last thing he would assume is that she's crazy and is talking to people who aren't really there. But either way, he had to know what was going on with her before things escalate, if ever,

Without much of a second thought, Shugo pushed threw the crowd enough where he would get close, tapping on the girl's shoulder. "Excuse me, but are you okay?"

Rather than do anything to prevent the direct assault, he simply took the attack head on, unmoving as the attack connected dropping his life points to 5500. And his turn came around, he drew his next card. "The tournament? I indeed have been pushing myself lately as to not bring any shame to Lady Catherine by losing against someone in this tournament."

Looking at his cards he then said, "now then, I activate the spell card, Solar Recharge, and so I shall discard Ehren, the Lightsworn Monk." Throwing the card into the grave, he drew the two cards from his deck and placed them in his hand, while two more cards were sent to the grave; noting that one was another Solar Recharge, and the other was another Raiden.

Seeing that the cards he just drew would not be immediately useful, he continued on with the exact same move as he had conducted previously. "Now I summon Raiden once more and activate his effect." He sent the next two cards from his deck to the graveyard, one being Lumina, the Lightsworn Summoner, and another being Lightsworn Sabre. "Now, having been sent from my deck to my graveyard, I can equip it to Raiden giving him 700 more attack points. Furthermore, since a lightsworn monster was sent to the graveyard Raiden gains an extra 200 attack." Raiden's usual weapon was then replaced with an eloquently crafted laser sword as his ATK rose from 1700 to 2600. "Now Raiden attacks your Tsai."

Once the exchange between cards was done, Katsuo said, "now I end my turn and send the top two cards of my deck to the graveyard due to Raiden." Seeing that he had sent another Lumina and sent Garoth, the Lightsworn warrior to the grave. "So Adelais, how about yourself. What are your thoughts on the upcoming event?"

Archived