Solemn Advice [NECH]

If it can cancel out a potentially game winning card then 3K is more then worth it. Sure later in the Duel you may not have much LP or are not willing to use it but this is the reason Judgement was banned. You could ALWAYS play it (unless you were on 1 LP but when does that ever happen? lol)

It's "worth it" yes, but one of Judgment's biggest perks was the always payable cost that this doesn't have. It's an early game card and is horrible late game.

(then again Trap Dustshoot was also a "horrible" late game card so yea)

It's "worth it" yes, but one of Judgment's biggest perks was the always payable cost that this doesn't have. It's an early game card and is horrible late game.

(then again Trap Dustshoot was also a "horrible" late game card so yea)

this is nowhere near as good earlygame as dustshoot is.

Remember though that Konami likes to make a watered down version of a previously Banned Card to run at 3. We had Twister for when MST was at 1 for example. We have Shard of Greed to replace Pot and so on. Heck even Enemy Controller could be seen as a weakened down Brain Control or Change of Heart. I personally agree with cards like these. Encourages people to actually use them (I sometimes check a Twister or 2 in my Deck to get rid of pesky Face-ups and as a extra MST on top of the three there)

Remember though that Konami likes to make a watered down version of a previously Banned Card to run at 3. We had Twister for when MST was at 1 for example. We have Shard of Greed to replace Pot and so on. Heck even Enemy Controller could be seen as a weakened down Brain Control or Change of Heart. I personally agree with cards like these. Encourages people to actually use them (I sometimes check a Twister or 2 in my Deck to get rid of pesky Face-ups and as a extra MST on top of the three there)

Ring of Destruction replacement plz or put @3

that isnt a replacement, it only hits your monsters. :/

We have Smashing Ground if you want to kill your opponent's monsters.

We have Sakuretsu Armor if you want to kill your opponent's monsters with a Trap.

We have Misfortune if you want to burn your opponent based on a monster's ATK.

We have Magic Cylinder if you want to burn your opponent based on a monster's ATK with a Trap.

Isn't this fun?

my view of a "replacement" is to not kill why the card was run in the first place.

RoD is a chainable destruction card that you can use whenever you want, the burn is fun, but its more of a side effect.

RoD is only used on your own monsters when you are trying to force game or force a draw when your opponent doesnt summon a monster. Every other time, its being used on the opponent's monster, which destruction ring doesn't do.

I really feel as though I'm not making a valid argument though, since it probably was used for the burn back in the day.

RoD is a chainable destruction card that you can use whenever you want, the burn is fun, but its more of a side effect.

The burn was a major factor as to why it was good really. You would throw an opponent's boss monster in the bin while closing the life point gap by 2400+ most of the time.

I'm missing something here.

RoD was good because it hit an opponent's boss while dealing major damage.

Destruction Ring, while still having some burn, also only hits guys on YOUR side of the field. So it's a Trap Version of Meteor of Destruction that makes you lose a monster and also hits your Life Points as well, with the only good thing being you aren't restricted to the opponent having 3K or more.

So...how is Destruction Ring a replacement?

I'm missing something here.

RoD was good because it hit an opponent's boss while dealing major damage.

Destruction Ring, while still having some burn, also only hits guys on YOUR side of the field. So it's a Trap Version of Meteor of Destruction that makes you lose a monster and also hits your Life Points as well, with the only good thing being you aren't restricted to the opponent having 3K or more.

So...how is Destruction Ring a replacement?

Have a Spare Token lying around? Destroy it. Have a monster on your field that you need in your Grave without suiciding into your opponent? Use it. Your opponent has given you a Gift (say Lava Golem) and you want to nuke it before your Standby? Use it.

Have a Spare Token lying around? Destroy it. Have a monster on your field that you need in your Grave without suiciding into your opponent? Use it. Your opponent has given you a Gift (say Lava Golem) and you want to nuke it before your Standby? Use it.

That's really situational and still not nearly as good as RoD's ability to hit a monster on either side.

A watered down replacement is a card that emulates the original effect, but is more balanced.

Lightning Vortex is Raigeki's replacement. It destroys your opponent's monsters, but only their face-up monsters. It also costs a discard. Compare to Raigeki's free "kill them all".

Destruction Ring isn't a replacement, but it is a blatant parallel.

You could consider Storm the watered down version of its Heavy version, since you can't plus off it, and it also destroys both player's S/Ts.

This IS the watered down version of Solemn Judgment in that it counters all the same things Judgment did, plus monster effects. But it's much more balanced. It can't be hiding among half a dozen Set cards, and it has a tangible cost of 3000 vs the always payable "1/2 LP". It is playable, but it's not necessarily an insta-staple the way Warning and Judgment are.

In addition to being chainable disruption and heavy burn, it could sometimes cause draws, which would not be very favored in tournament settings.

There's of course argument for it being the replacement, since it's a Trap that destroys a monster and deals a predetermined amount of burn to both players.

Yea I wouldn't go around calling this a future staple at all. As good as even Solemn Warning is it can be absolute shite if drawn at the wrong time. But this new Solemn is interesting; it's the hardest to play, with the reward of stopping literally any card in the game. It makes you think way more than any of the other ones, which is more of what this game needs.

You're doing it wrong.

You should have posted a picture of Star Eater.

i would rather post shapesnatch instead since he's much stronger than a puny star eater

Shapesnatch-PGD-NA-C-1E.jpg

but back off topic, seriously 3000 lifepoints? just no dealing with 2000 is better

Archived