Solemn Advice [NECH]

YRf60CX.png?1?7449

While you control no other Set cards in your Spell & Trap Zone, when a monster(s) would be Summoned, OR when a Spell Card, Trap Card, or monster effect is activated: Pay 3000 Life Points; negate the Summon or activation, and if you do, destroy that card.

So, a new Solemn has come along to replace Judgment and... I don't know really.

So it's a Solemn but not for grind decks, it hits monster effects as well and has a fixed cost.

It's like a cross between Judgment and Warning, but more balanced than either.

I guess it's nice for non-backrow heavy decks, but the fact is if your opponent draws one of the million MST copies that exist, it's dead in the water.

Plus it has the old problem Warning has of being a dead draw when you don't have enough LP.

Overall, it's a solid card, but I don't think it's going to be run unless there's a massive shift in playstyles (TCG especially) .

It could be played similarly to how Judgment was used a lot of the time in TeleDAD, as a way of pushing through power plays in more aggressive decks. It could help things like Rulers and Lightsworn. The 3000 cost wouldn't be appreciated by Soul Charge decks though. They are still trying to make Life Points matter more.
It wont be seen that often but I reckon it has a competitive niche.

Of course this is going to be played, even in Decks with heavy back-row protection.  With that in mind, your opponent would have less of an attempt to hit it while, if you use up all but this card, your opponent's going to have a bad time.

Not for every deck, but I think it will find a home someday. 3000 LP is just a steep cost, especially when things aren't going your way. In fact this seems like a card that helps you win, but won't help you if you're in a losing position.

This being made makes me wonder if Konami is thinking about banning Warning soon?

People will fear seeing a 1 Set with this card around. To be honest it is annoying at times to see people Set 4 or 5 due to cards like Storm being banned. Hopefully this will encourage people to be more lenient with their Spells and Traps. 3K is a huge price to pay but the effect is too good to pass up.

At least it says set cards so the instant you activate whatever else is set this becomes live.

Unless someone already said that.

Also hitting monster effects is nuts but I it being a solid 3000 hurts it more than the "no sets" thing.

iffy on the first clause

Be a pro and play it in Crystal Beasts

That aside, the first clause makes you seem like a tryhard.
Like, you could set everything under the sun. OR just Set this, and hope you somehow can hit that ideal play the Opponent makes, to which, somehow nets you the win.
Cuz', you know, nobody ever plays Space Typhoon/etc. Especially on something like this, which is that easily interrupted.

Serious question: What are the decks that aren't soul charging that are still alive post NECH besides Qlips?

iirc, Shaddolls try not to use Soul Charge as much as possible, or if they do, its to revive a fallen fusion or falcon.

it's nowhere near as good as judgement, it has a far bigger cost and it's really restrictive, part of the advantage of judgment was that it could consistently protect other backrow as well and it was part of an "unbeatable backrow". i question whether this is worth playing.

it's nowhere near as good as judgement, it has a far bigger cost and it's really restrictive, part of the advantage of judgment was that it could consistently protect other backrow as well and it was part of an "unbeatable backrow". i question whether this is worth playing.

If it can cancel out a potentially game winning card then 3K is more then worth it. Sure later in the Duel you may not have much LP or are not willing to use it but this is the reason Judgement was banned. You could ALWAYS play it (unless you were on 1 LP but when does that ever happen? lol)

Archived