Should it ...  

2 members have voted

1. 1. Should it ...

• Remain banned
    • limited

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe not in the win for the one using it' date=' but think about the duelist who is dueling against it. How hard is it to take down the primary source of their deck when you know what it is? It doesn't take you long to realize what kind of deck a person is running, and duelists, whether they realize it or not, give away their strategy with the first card played.

I don't care about the duelist using the cards, as far as strategy goes. Its never been my concern to worry about what I'm up against, its my concern to prepare for what I *could* be up against. That's where the fun in Yu-Gi-Oh comes from. Yes, pwning your opponent is fun, but out-thinking them is even more fun.

I love running Harpies Feather Duster, Pot of Greed, Raigeki, Monster Reborn, etc. in my deck. Most of the people I duel against already know that and prepare for it. They know I'm going to try and obliterate the field before I attack 9 times out of 10, so what do they do? They put cards in there to stop me. Not only does it now stop me, but it stops others from using damaging cards to their deck. A simple Magic Jammer can stop anything from a silly Pot of Greed, to an immensely more powerful Raigeki and Harpies Feather Duster.

I would rather all cards be available (even if they are only limited to 1 per deck) than even just 1 be banned.

And as far as the god cards go...bring them on *evil grin* I love a good challenge.

[/quote']

Traditional decks lose to Magic Jammer now? Enlighten me please.

I'm just saying, something as simple as a Magic Jammer can completely overturn a duel, especially in traditional format decks.

Think of it this way, you've got monsters you want to keep on the field. Powerful, but overly weak to spell and trap cards. A Harpies Feather Duster would keep your creature safe so you can continue your onslaught. Which would also help if you added Heavy Storm, Giant Trunade, Mystical Space Typhoon, etc.

However, a few Magic Jammers would greatly reduce your chances of success. And of course, the opponent would wait to use that until you've used your Harpies Feather Duster, or Heavy Storm.

1 card, just ruined your whole plan, because now, for 1 turn, you are vulnerable. You are susceptible to being used by spell and trap cards, and that's all it takes is 1 turn to win a duel. 1 chance of fate, 1 tiny bit of luck, or skill, whatever you want to call it.

Or look at it this way, you've dueled him a few times, he knows you have those cards, you know he has magic jammer. Now you have to try and put him in a situation where he would want to waste magic jammer on a different spell card you have, say monster reborn, instead of using it on your harpies feather duster.

There's your strategy. Using what you have to get victory, while preventing your opponent from stopping you, and achieving victory him(or her)self.

Thus, Magic Jammer can win in a traditional deck format. Or at least, turn the tide in your favor, if you are on the receiving end of a Raigeki or Harpies Feather Duster.

Lolz.

But you can do that with alot of cards.

Why would anyone use Magic Jammer in the first place?

Why would they un-ban Raigeki, Harpie's Feather Duster, etc. just because there's a card that can stop it?

Every card can be stopped by something, so your post is useless.

I'm just saying' date=' something as simple as a Magic Jammer can completely overturn a duel, especially in traditional format decks.

Think of it this way, you've got monsters you want to keep on the field. Powerful, but overly weak to spell and trap cards. A Harpies Feather Duster would keep your creature safe so you can continue your onslaught. Which would also help if you added Heavy Storm, Giant Trunade, Mystical Space Typhoon, etc.

However, a few Magic Jammers would greatly reduce your chances of success. And of course, the opponent would wait to use that until you've used your Harpies Feather Duster, or Heavy Storm.

1 card, just ruined your whole plan, because now, for 1 turn, you are vulnerable. You are susceptible to being used by spell and trap cards, and that's all it takes is 1 turn to win a duel. 1 chance of fate, 1 tiny bit of luck, or skill, whatever you want to call it.

Or look at it this way, you've dueled him a few times, he knows you have those cards, you know he has magic jammer. Now you have to try and put him in a situation where he would want to waste magic jammer on a different spell card you have, say monster reborn, instead of using it on your harpies feather duster.

There's your strategy. Using what you have to get victory, while preventing your opponent from stopping you, and achieving victory him(or her)self.

Thus, Magic Jammer can win in a traditional deck format. Or at least, turn the tide in your favor, if you are on the receiving end of a Raigeki or Harpies Feather Duster.

[/quote']

A+++, great strategy. Please run for President.

I'm just saying' date=' something as simple as a Magic Jammer can completely overturn a duel, especially in traditional format decks.

[/quote']

So you're saying Konami should unban every banned card in the game because it can be countered? I think we've gone over this...

Pot of Greed is too universal, ban

I think the entire ban-list should be looked over

MasterofMagicians, We all like a challenge but come on

Everyone would build their to specifically be an FTK almost every game

With all the banned cards... Just too easy to pull off

Back to the topic(I had to say that)

There are cards that should be down to one/banned but they won't be

Pot of Greed I wouldn't mind seeing it at one but that mean plenty of draw power cards down to one like Allure and D-Draw and Blah blah blah

Thats not worth it

R.I.P. PoG

(Although for some reason Reborn came back o-O)

lol' date=' Pot is underpowered? first it isn't, second is that it's better then any other drawing card, why you say? instant +2.

oh and just because every card can be countered deosnt mean it will be countered when i use it and bieng it countered deosnt make it any less broken.

[/quote']

let's compare limited pot of greed. draw 2 cards.

3 allure of darkness. draw 6 cards. discard 3 high level dark monsters. then play dimension fusion. and you call pot a plus 2 when with allure you can do so much more combos with it.

lol' date=' Pot is underpowered? first it isn't, second is that it's better then any other drawing card, why you say? instant +2.

oh and just because every card can be countered deosnt mean it will be countered when i use it and bieng it countered deosnt make it any less broken.

[/quote']

3 allure of darkness. draw 6 cards. discard 3 high level dark monsters. then play dimension fusion. and you call pot a plus 2 when with allure you can do so much more combos with it.

You're comparing Pot with 3 Allure of Darkness, 3 DARK Monsters, and Dimension Fusion though.

Idiot.

[/quote']

You're comparing Pot with 3 Allure of Darkness, 3 DARK Monsters, and Dimension Fusion though.

Idiot.

don't call people idiots. I'm merely showing compared to now with cards like allure and other drawing cards. pot isn't as broke as people might think.

that display was merely an example.

An example of a combo compared to a single card. Pot of Greed is indeed' date=' broken, and should remain banned. End of discussion.

[/quote']

no not end of discussion, it should remain banned.

Ok, you just changed your side.

You first said that Pot was Underpowered first, and now went onto the Pot stay banned side.

What made you change?

An example of a combo compared to a single card. Pot of Greed is indeed' date=' broken, and should remain banned. End of discussion.

[/quote']

You first said that Pot was Underpowered first, and now went onto the Pot stay banned side.

What made you change?

oh my bad i meant to say it shouldn't be banned.

Guest Chaos Pudding

[/quote']

What made you change?

What about it makes it unbannable?

[/quote']

{What made you change?

What about it makes it unbannable?

Because it's underpowered, duh!

Archived