2 members have voted

1. 1. Should it ...

• Remain banned
    • limited

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree with MasterOfMagicians 100%

What are your reasons for agreeing with MoM that we haven't already proven to be steeped in faulty reasoning?

If you can't protect your deck against the ban listed cards then your not a very good duelist you can't defend your self then you are useless. THis happens to much omg this card is cheap bans when all pot of greed does is give you or your opponent 2 cards which can help them yes but if you baned the card then not even you can use it i'm starting to get annoyed with the band list it's not helping anyone.

the reason why that happens is because it's banned, why should we care about them?

no, it shouldn't be banned (speaking for Yata-Garuso).

It returns to its owners hand at the end of the turn. It can't attack directly, so unless you are so noobish that you can't seem to keep monsters on the field to protect your lifepoints, or spell and trap cards for that matter, then that's your problem. Besides, anything with 200 ATK will destroy it, as will Card Destruction, Mirror Force, Ring of Destruction (banned), and any number of other cards.

Yeah, if you just so HAPPEN to get to a point where you have no cards in your hand, no cards on the field, and they keep using that card, it seems over-powered, but if you ever get yourself into that kind of situation, that's your own fault. If you couldn't see that strategy coming from a mile away, I don't know what to tell you.

And thank you for the support SpazzeOut. You see all these people who support the idea, but won't say anything to back it up.

no' date=' it shouldn't be banned (speaking for Yata-Garuso).

It returns to its owners hand at the end of the turn. It can't attack directly, so unless you are so noobish that you can't seem to keep monsters on the field to protect your lifepoints, or spell and trap cards for that matter, then that's your problem. Besides, anything with 200 ATK will destroy it, as will Card Destruction, Mirror Force, Ring of Destruction (banned), and any number of other cards.

Yeah, if you just so HAPPEN to get to a point where you have no cards in your hand, no cards on the field, and they keep using that card, it seems over-powered, but if you ever get yourself into that kind of situation, that's your own fault. If you couldn't see that strategy coming from a mile away, I don't know what to tell you.

And thank you for the support SpazzeOut. You see all these people who support the idea, but won't say anything to back it up.

[/quote']

Raigeki/Dark Hole/Chaos Emperor Dragon

Harpie's Feather Duster/Heavy Storm/Giant Trunade/Chaos Emperor Dragon

I assume that, since you want Yata to be brought back, you don't care what comes with it.

That enough ways to clear the field? And what kind of pisspoor duelist would even bring out Yata when there was something on the field?

So we move onto the yata lock. Now this card is probably the 3rd most overpowered card in the game (the most being exchange of spirit and Chaos emperor dragon). There are many many ways to clear the field and this card just auto wins if the oponnent has no cards on the field. It owns anyone who overextends aswell

[/quote']

Joke account.

It returns to its owners hand at the end of the turn.

And that is bad how?

It can't attack directly' date='

[/quote']

It can on an open field.

so unless you are so noobish that you can't seem to keep monsters on the field to protect your lifepoints' date=' or spell and trap cards for that matter, then that's your problem.

[/quote']

Because field-clearing cards don't exist, right? Dark Armed Dragon, Heavy Storm, Giant Trunade, Lightning Vortex, and most of all, Sky Scourge Norleras?

Besides' date=' anything with 200 ATK will destroy it,

[/quote']

Monsters on the field can now attack monsters in the hand? Did UDE change the rules of the game, or are you just spewing nonsense again?

as will Card Destruction' date=' Mirror Force, Ring of Destruction (banned), and any number of other cards.

[/quote']

1. Field-clearing cards.

2. Sky Scourge Norleras = Yata's best friend.

3. Phantom of Chaos = Sky Scourge Norleras's best friend.

Yeah' date=' if you just so HAPPEN to get to a point where you have no cards in your hand, no cards on the field, and they keep using that card, it seems over-powered,[/quote']

Because Norleras doesn't exist, right?

but if you ever get yourself into that kind of situation' date=' that's your own fault.

[/quote']

Because everyone is required by law to have Solemn Judgment on the field at all times, right?

If you couldn't see that strategy coming from a mile away' date=' I don't know what to tell you.

[/quote']

Foolish Burial + Phantom of Chaos takes only two cards to pull off and comes out of nowhere. Add in Cyber Valley, Sangan, A Feather of the Phoenix, or something similar to ensure that you get Yata.

[/quote']

wow i can tell you have never faced a yata lock. its like poison, at first you may have cards in your hand but the fact it comes back to your hand causes and state of infinite protection in most cases plus your opponent will high attack monster so cant destroy it. this card should not of been invented fall stop. also iv herd a rumor that they are releasing a new version of yata, but i think its ethier returned to the deck or destroyed at the end of the turn ( don't quote me on this rumor ) so people will try to exploit that card, if it is true.

Alrighty' date=' let me rephrase then. Based off JesusofChaos, I haven't been voicing the correct opinion I'm trying to make.

Umm...

Okay, Pot of Greed is a universal card, yes. With no restrictions and the ability to get through your deck a little quicker by drawing two cards is definitely useful and could be devastating in some decks.

On that point, any card can be universal if you use it correctly. I like using the Ancient Rules spell card because it allows me to special summon one level 5 or higher normal monster. In a spellcaster deck, thats devastating because you can bring out Dark Magician. In a dragon deck its the same because of Blue Eyes White Dragon.

Contract with the Abyss, a Ritual spell card that allows you to ritual summon any Dark attribute ritual monster is just as devastating if you are trying to bring out your rituals faster, and is universal for all Dark attribute rituals (and there are a lot).

Or all the fusion cards, Future Fusion, Polymerization, etc. All universal and devastating when used. All universal cards, and they have no cost, but offer very devastating consequences when used.

If we put these cards under the same stipulation as Pot of Greed is, and Monster Reborn was, then we should ban these cards as well.

Pretty much, if we are going to start banning universal staple cards that pose the possibility of giving an unfair advantage, then we need to ban all the universal staple cards that do not require a cost (trap hole, bottomless trap hole, mirror force, magic cylinder, Gravity Bind, etc).

[/quote']

*Facepalm... just...*

My god! You can't possible be this terrible of a duelist! You have to be a joke account!

On the slight off chance you're not a joke account, here's my rebuttal:

Pot of Greed can be activated at ANYTIME! Anytime! Ancient Rules requires you to have a level 5+ Vanilla in your hand. Contract with the Abyss needs you to have a Dark Ritual as well as enough monsters in your hand. Basically, all of them are 2 to 3 card combos, etc.

Pot of Greed is NOT a combo card. It's simply "Draw 2 cards." You don't need a hand. You don't need a field. Just activate it and it's done. If it were at least more situational, ala Pot of Avarice, then it might be less broken. As it is, Pot of Greed should not ever get off the banlist.

Now quit being terrible at the game and learn to play.

Archived