Should Pot of Greed come back

Should it ...  

2 members have voted

1. 1. Should it ...

• Remain banned
    • limited

Remember, it's using one card to get 2 cards; thus, it's only a 1 card advantage. Plus, it's just such an original card it shouldn't be banned. I mean, look at Pot of Avarice. 5 cards to your deck and draw 2? So, maybe it's more conditional, but it's still overpowered.

However, at my school, we don't play with the retarded rules. Sure, we banned Raigeki and such, but nothing that shouldn't be banned (*cough* Call of the Haunted *cough*).

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Plus' date=' it's just such an original card it shouldn't be banned. I mean, look at Pot of Avarice. 5 cards to your deck and draw 2? So, maybe it's more conditional, but it's still overpowered.

[/quote']

Adding cards back to your deck is pro. Do you play with 50 card decks?

In case you couldn't tell, I'm saying that the adding 5 cards back to your deck is a big downside, especially in a format that forces you to pretty much mill your entire deck in order to win.

Alrighty, let me rephrase then. Based off JesusofChaos, I haven't been voicing the correct opinion I'm trying to make.

Umm...

Okay, Pot of Greed is a universal card, yes. With no restrictions and the ability to get through your deck a little quicker by drawing two cards is definitely useful and could be devastating in some decks.

On that point, any card can be universal if you use it correctly. I like using the Ancient Rules spell card because it allows me to special summon one level 5 or higher normal monster. In a spellcaster deck, thats devastating because you can bring out Dark Magician. In a dragon deck its the same because of Blue Eyes White Dragon.

Contract with the Abyss, a Ritual spell card that allows you to ritual summon any Dark attribute ritual monster is just as devastating if you are trying to bring out your rituals faster, and is universal for all Dark attribute rituals (and there are a lot).

Or all the fusion cards, Future Fusion, Polymerization, etc. All universal and devastating when used. All universal cards, and they have no cost, but offer very devastating consequences when used.

If we put these cards under the same stipulation as Pot of Greed is, and Monster Reborn was, then we should ban these cards as well.

Pretty much, if we are going to start banning universal staple cards that pose the possibility of giving an unfair advantage, then we need to ban all the universal staple cards that do not require a cost (trap hole, bottomless trap hole, mirror force, magic cylinder, Gravity Bind, etc).

Alrighty' date=' let me rephrase then. Based off JesusofChaos, I haven't been voicing the correct opinion I'm trying to make.

Umm...

Okay, Pot of Greed is a universal card, yes. With no restrictions and the ability to get through your deck a little quicker by drawing two cards is definitely useful and could be devastating in some decks.

On that point, any card can be universal if you use it correctly. I like using the [b']Ancient Rules[/b] spell card because it allows me to special summon one level 5 or higher normal monster. In a spellcaster deck, thats devastating because you can bring out Dark Magician. In a dragon deck its the same because of Blue Eyes White Dragon.

Contract with the Abyss, a Ritual spell card that allows you to ritual summon any Dark attribute ritual monster is just as devastating if you are trying to bring out your rituals faster, and is universal for all Dark attribute rituals (and there are a lot).

Or all the fusion cards, Future Fusion, Polymerization, etc. All universal and devastating when used. All universal cards, and they have no cost, but offer very devastating consequences when used.

If we put these cards under the same stipulation as Pot of Greed is, and Monster Reborn was, then we should ban these cards as well.

Pretty much, if we are going to start banning universal staple cards that pose the possibility of giving an unfair advantage, then we need to ban all the universal staple cards that do not require a cost (trap hole, bottomless trap hole, mirror force, magic cylinder, Gravity Bind, etc).

Ok lets start from the beginning

Vanillias? Since when have they been devasting?

The only ritual monster that you would want to summon is demise and he is disappearing with ARA being limited

Future Fusion? Devasting??? A contionous spell card???? I has to stay on the field 2 turns and with all magic and trap removal theres is little chance of that. + banning ploy they would be no point to having fusions

Since when have gravity bind, magic cylinder been staple only people that run are burn. The point being PoG can hit the field and instantly generates advantage to you. Also countering it many people would choose not to i mean not many people would waste a solemn and a bribe would be pointless

Precisely. Nobody would waste their spell and trap cards on a little pot of greed. They'd save them for what the opponent hopes to pull with pot of greed.

say the opponent is looking for a good monster, well you've got Bottomless Trap Hole waiting for them.

they are looking for a trap card, that's what mystical space typhoon is for.

spell card, look no further than a good ol' magic jammer.

I guess I am trying to say, yes pot of greed may give an unfair advantage instantly, BUT it is not so dangerous as to warrant being negated. Duelists are too concerned about what is going to come out of Pot of Greed.

Why wear a raincoat for a sprinkle when you can save it for the downpour instead?

Precisely. Nobody would waste their spell and trap cards on a little pot of greed. They'd save them for what the opponent hopes to pull with pot of greed.

say the opponent is looking for a good monster' date=' well you've got Bottomless Trap Hole waiting for them.

they are looking for a trap card, that's what mystical space typhoon is for.

spell card, look no further than a good ol' magic jammer.

I guess I am trying to say, yes pot of greed may give an unfair advantage instantly, BUT it is not so dangerous as to warrant being negated. Duelists are too concerned about what is going to come out of Pot of Greed.

Why wear a raincoat for a sprinkle when you can save it for the downpour instead?

[/quote']

OK, according to your logic we should unban every card that can be countered, correct?

Alrighty' date=' let me rephrase then. Based off JesusofChaos, I haven't been voicing the correct opinion I'm trying to make.

Umm...

Okay, Pot of Greed is a universal card, yes. With no restrictions and the ability to get through your deck a little quicker by drawing two cards is definitely useful and could be devastating in [b']some decks.[/b]

This is where I should have just stopped reading. But me being the glutten for punishment that I am, I kept going...

On that point, any card can be universal if you use it correctly.

What the **** does that mean?

"lulz you can use Machine King in any deck that uses Machine monsters!

I like using the Ancient Rules spell card because it allows me to special summon one level 5 or higher normal monster. In a spellcaster deck, thats devastating because you can bring out Dark Magician. In a dragon deck its the same because of Blue Eyes White Dragon.

Except for the fact that decks that revolve around high-level Normal monsters tend to suck. So it's a moot point. Also, lol ATK.

Any Ritual Spell not named "Advanced Ritual Art" should not be played.

Too much fail for me to dissect...

None of those cards are broken or unhealthy for the game. Pot of Greed and Monster Reborn are. Therefor, they should be banned, and the other cards should not be.

There are no staple.

Trap Hole is a Trap that requires a Normal Summon to even activate. Fail.

Bottomless Trap Hole is a little better, but nothing a little Dimension Fusion, D.D.R., or Spell/Trap removal won't fix. Fail

Mirror Force is one of the only defenses against swarm we have left. Fail.

Magic Cylinder burns and negates 1 attack. That's it. Fail.

Gravity Bind is Continuous, and only restricts attack. Fail

Any more examples?

stop the downpour by banning the sprinkle then you dont have to bother with the raincoat. PoG has proven to be amebreaking when it was legal. Can you image the extra speed in this already lightning fast format. Bringing back this card is like saying hey guys our nuke can reach the target in 5mins thats just enough time evacuate thr innocent civillians. I got an idea lets boost the speed to 2 mins so it kills everyone

If you honestly believe that the person who goes first wins every time' date=' then you are more of a noob then some of the members here that have proven that fact.

If you cannot seem to come up with a deck that would protect yourself against the cards on the ban list, or at least learn to work your way through them, then that is your problem. The ban list takes away from strategy, it doesn't build upon it. If you know your opponent could have devastating cards such as Raigeki, Harpies Feather Duster, and Monster Reborn, you would play a little more cautiously than you would if you know they don't.

Besides, this is a topic for if you believe Pot of Greed should be brought back or not. I posted my opinion. You want to debate this with me, open a thread up and we'll debate. Otherwise, this conversation is terminated.

:D goodbye

[/quote'] I agree with MasterOfMagicians 100%

See, and this is where we get back to the retarded dispute. Go back and whine in your little thread you created if you aren't going to bother to listen because I don't have the time of day for crap like this.

You want to live in your closed-minded world, fine by me. The thread allowed for the expression of people's opinions and the only thing you two hope to accomplish is to try and prove your one-sided ideals.

You want me to say I'm wrong, fine. I'm wrong.

Feel better?

My opinions haven't changed, and they aren't going to. Everyone that sat here and had to endure your constant belittling of anything that didn't conform to your ideals aren't going to. So sit there, feel high and mighty and enjoy it while you have the time of day to play the card game.

If you honestly believe that the person who goes first wins every time' date=' then you are more of a noob then some of the members here that have proven that fact.

If you cannot seem to come up with a deck that would protect yourself against the cards on the ban list, or at least learn to work your way through them, then that is your problem. The ban list takes away from strategy, it doesn't build upon it. If you know your opponent could have devastating cards such as Raigeki, Harpies Feather Duster, and Monster Reborn, you would play a little more cautiously than you would if you know they don't.

Besides, this is a topic for if you believe Pot of Greed should be brought back or not. I posted my opinion. You want to debate this with me, open a thread up and we'll debate. Otherwise, this conversation is terminated.

:D goodbye

[/quote'] I agree with MasterOfMagicians 100%

So you think that building a deck to just counter cards in the ban list actual would have any grounding. I mean exchange FTK would run dominate over everything there is NO counter apart from getting the first turn and even then there is no guarntee

See' date=' and this is where we get back to the retarded dispute. Go back and whine in your little thread you created if you aren't going to bother to listen because I don't have the time of day for crap like this.

You want to live in your closed-minded world, fine by me. The thread allowed for the expression of people's opinions and the only thing you two hope to accomplish is to try and prove your one-sided ideals.

You want me to say I'm wrong, fine. I'm wrong.

Feel better?

My opinions haven't changed, and they aren't going to. Everyone that sat here and had to endure your constant belittling of anything that didn't conform to your ideals aren't going to. So sit there, feel high and mighty and enjoy it while you have the time of day to play the card game.

[/quote']

Yes, I am closed-minded to opinions that suck. Which your's do in exceedingly large amounts. If you were to offer a non-sucky opinion, one that was backed up by proper logic and reasoning, then we could have an actual debate. In this case, I point you to this topic:

http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/showthread.php?tid=33022

I agree with MasterOfMagicians 100%

What are your reasons for agreeing with MoM that we haven't already proven to be steeped in faulty reasoning?

If you can't protect your deck against the ban listed cards then your not a very good duelist you can't defend your self then you are useless. THis happens to much omg this card is cheap bans when all pot of greed does is give you or your opponent 2 cards which can help them yes but if you baned the card then not even you can use it i'm starting to get annoyed with the band list it's not helping anyone.

ok

1) DAD should be on the ban list at the moment and you see how it is destroying this meta, how many people have come up with a successful counter. 20+ decks in the top 32 of shonen jumps all had DAD says otherwise

2) How is the ban list not helping anyone would you rather would you rather jus play OTK and FTK decks does that sound fun to you?

If you can't protect your deck against the ban listed cards then your not a very good duelist you can't defend your self then you are useless. THis happens to much omg this card is cheap bans when all pot of greed does is give you or your opponent 2 cards which can help them yes but if you baned the card then not even you can use it i'm starting to get annoyed with the band list it's not helping anyone.

Why don't we have a little game? You create your own ban list, and we will play a few matches on YVD with it. Sound good to you?

Why don't we have a little game? You create your own ban list' date=' and we will play a few matches on YVD with it. Sound good to you?

[/quote'] I don't create ban lists. and i don't play on YVD i don't even know what that is.

Edit: and if i did i would because Yugioh is a fun game for everyone and shouldn't have a band list

Why don't we have a little game? You create your own ban list' date=' and we will play a few matches on YVD with it. Sound good to you?

[/quote'] I don't create ban lists. and i don't play on YVD i don't even know what that is.

Edit: and if i did i would because Yugioh is a fun game for everyone and shouldn't have a band list

So your opinion is that there should be no ban list. How about Limiting or Semi-Limiting? What is your opinion on that?

So your opinion is that there should be no ban list. How about Limiting or Semi-Limiting? What is your opinion on that?

that i agree a little with limiting certain cards especailly monster reborn but eventually that was baned and a new card was made monster reincarnation which is basically the same thing you just have to discard a card from your hand some cards should be limited but not baned.

that i agree a little with limiting certain cards especailly monster reborn but eventually that was baned and a new card was made monster reincarnation which is basically the same thing you just have to discard a card from your hand some cards should be limited but not baned.

So you feel that Monster Reincarnation is basically Monster Reborn with a discard? How interesting...

What do you think about this card, then:

348rssg.jpg

Do you feel that this card should be allowed at 1?

So you feel that Monster Reincarnation is basically Monster Reborn with a discard? How interesting...

Then what do you think about this card:

348rssg.jpg

a no i would say more 2 you just have to defend your life points and as MoM said you could use a trap or a magic card to help you out.

Edit: I am not running from you but, i seriously have to go.

Then what do you think about this card:

348rssg.jpg

a no i would say more 2 you just have to defend your life points and as MoM said you could use a trap or a magic card to help you out.

Edit: I am not running from you but, i seriously have to go.

Really? How fascinating! You feel that if an opponent were to attack with Yata, they would let their opponent have something on the field? I had never thought that would be possible! You, sir, are a paradigm of perception! Your insight will surely enlighten generations to come!

Archived