Should it ...  

2 members have voted

1. 1. Should it ...

• Remain banned
    • limited

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

MasterofMagician your ignorance astounds me. Your saying that a card shouldnt be ban cause they can be countered there are many things wrong with that argument:

1)Most of the banned cards require no skill to use and give insane advantage Raigeki can be a +4 or Harpies a +4.

2) Every card in the game can be countered. This does not nesscarily mean that a person will have a counter card on the field.

3)Hows this for first turn with no ban list: Play PoG, Play 2 Graceful Charity discarding 2 lights and 2 darks,hit the field with dark hole, special summon BLSEOB and CEDEOE attack for 6000 at thats only 1st turn!

PoG is one of the most broken cards in the game and if made legal would be run in every deck, this has already happened with monster reborn and has degraded the skill level of players, instead of thinking about what ress cards to use everyone puts in monster reborn

The chances of that happening are slim to none JesusofChaos. So should every card that can make an awesome combo be banned? Why don't we get rid of graceful charity then? Or how about 90% of the effect monsters out there, because lord knows we can come up with some uber-strong combos that require little to no skill to pull off. Why don't we ban those as well? While we're at it, lets get rid of the trap cards that don't require a cost to activate. You know what, we really don't need equip cards then either. Its beginning to sound more like a game of go fish than it is Yu-Gi-Oh.

Who cares if everyone has the same cards? I'm not saying unban every single card. I agree that Chaos Emperor Dragon and his counterpart shouldn't be allowed because there is not enough cost to them to use their effects. However, Pot of Greed? You are telling me you are that scared of someone drawing 2 cards that it needs to be banned? You already went and got rid of all the really useful cards, what are you so worried about them drawing?

Point is, Pot of Greed doesn't really offer a great tactical advantage out there, and since its a very common card, everyone will use it so it really gives you NO tactical advantage. So let kids use it in tournaments. Who is it hurting? If you are that concerned about it being allowed, then don't use it. Simple as that, but don't go stepping on everyone elses day because you don't want to use it.

we never sayed that if the card is in a combo it should be banned, but seriously having cards that can make an FTK isn't worth having around cause sonner or later it will be so overused it wont be funny anymore. Cards shouldn't be automaticly banned if they are part of a combo, but if they are unbelievably broken, a reason why Yata, CED and many others are up there. Pot of Greed may not be broken, but it's a quick +2, althought in reality it may be considered as a +1 it's still a good card, drawing a card isn't something to take lightly. it's a spell, and makes you draw a card, Jar of Greed sucks, but this deosnt so it deserves to stay up.

A card can be countered but that wont make it less broken and if pot of greed can be countered not many people would add a card just in case your opponent has such a card and you need to counter it cause then everyone will end up with 600 cards in thier deck just so they can counter the cards which are supposed to be banned.

jar of greed and pot of greed are basically alike. i set jar of greed. activate it in my opponents turn draw 1 card. then when my turn starts draw 1 card.

so say my hand size was 3, with jar it goes to 5.

now say i had pot of greed. let say i just drew it., I get to draw 2 cards and my hand size is now 5 same principle. yet i have never heard anyone say jar of greed was broke.

the only scenario where jar fails and pot wins is jinzo. other than that heavy storm, mystical space typhoon you can use the effect whenever and the funny thing its unlimited so its like we have 3 pot of greeds kinda in the game and no ones complaining lol.

I keep a deck of about 55-60 in a traditional format deck.

I haven't had a problem one countering cards my opponent's used.

Yes, I use Raigeki, Pot of Greed, Harpies Feather Duster, Change of Heart, Brain Control, etc. Yes, my opponents, nine times out of ten, use the same cards if they have them.

Now it is no longer a matter of countering their cards, or defeating their deck, but also the ability to protect my deck from itself.

And okay, so maybe keep SOME of the cards on the ban list, but honestly, Pot of Greed? I've seen some pretty sweet moves come off of that card, and every time it is used against me I grin thinking of what my opponent could be pulling because when you use the good pot it means one of two things

1) Your opponent has nothing, and is desperately trying to find something to protect themself for at least 1 turn.

2) Your opponent needs a card to pull off a sweet combo and hopes you won't descimate his chances before he can use it.

If they aren't going to unban the cards, at least have more traditional format tournaments. I love tournaments, and I loved participating in them, but I hate the advanced format rules so I don't go, and they never host a traditional format tournament anymore.

jar of greed and pot of greed are basically alike. i set jar of greed. activate it in my opponents turn draw 1 card. then when my turn starts draw 1 card.

so say my hand size was 3' date=' with jar it goes to 5.

now say i had pot of greed. let say i just drew it., I get to draw 2 cards and my hand size is now 5 same principle. yet i have never heard anyone say jar of greed was broke.

the only scenario where jar fails and pot wins is jinzo. other than that heavy storm, mystical space typhoon you can use the effect whenever and the funny thing its unlimited so its like we have 3 pot of greed kinda in the game and no ones complaining lol.

[/quote']

Let me tell you something, you are hopeless and an EPIC FAIL.

Jar of Greed is a TRAP, you have to SET it and wait a whole turn to draw a card when you could have drawn that card in that turn instead of waiting 1 whole turn and it's a 0, no +1 no +2 it's a big 0. you just kept a card that fails to draw a card you could have drawn if you hadn't put it.

Pot of Greed is very good, instant +2 from your deck. you draw the card you could have drawn with Pot of Greed + another card. It is a great deck thinner in an Exodia Deck or any Deck in that matter.

Actually, I see where he's going with the jar of greed. No, you can't use it THAT turn, but you can use it any turn after that. If your opponent tries to destroy it, you can chain it so you can draw anyway. It allows you to draw on your opponent's AND your turn, which, ultimately gives you an extra card either on your turn, or before your turn, and you are allowed 3 so no, its not exactly like having 1 pot of greed, but it is pretty close.

[quote=pizzaman]
Somewhat related to this thread: http://youtube.com/watch?v=46LVqVYLuVI

The only place the Pot of Greed needs to be used is in the anime, just as a way to show off the protagonist's drawing luck.
[/quote]

of topic much but that link is weird. And sadly, thats how today would be if POG came back.

Those overpowered cards like Destiny Draw, Allure of Darkness and Trade-In are pure +0, while they need something specific. And take Six Samurai United for example, that card is +1 and needs you to summon 2 Six Samurai, while it can be destroyed during the time it is on the field. It can ONLY be used with Six Samurai.

Pot of Greed can be used with ANYTHING, cannot be Typhoon'd, and is just way to easy. I mean, it's a card that simply says "Draw 2 cards from your Deck."

Oh, and it would make FTK's easier.

Guest Chaos Pudding

Actually' date=' I see where he's going with the jar of greed. No, you can't use it THAT turn, but you can use it any turn after that. If your opponent tries to destroy it, you can chain it so you can draw anyway. It allows you to draw on your opponent's AND your turn, which, ultimately gives you an extra card either on your turn, or before your turn, and you are allowed 3 so no, its not exactly like having 1 pot of greed, but it is pretty close.

[/quote']

No, it is not like Pot of Greed. Pot of Greed draws 2 cards, while Jar draws 1. During your next turn, both cards allow you to draw your regular card during your Draw Phase. Therefor, if you play Pot, then you have drawn 3 cards, where if you activated Jar, you have only drawn 2.

ye cos if u got your best monster (5 god dragon)with the 5 dragons and the dragons are only gonna last 1 more turn u use pot of greed to get 5 god dragon so u can summon it may be risky but it is worth it

plus i don't agree with advance format it only thins down some of the best cards ever

Guest Chaos Pudding

So pretty much everyone who wants it banned is butt-hurt because their opponent can draw extra cards and MIGHT be able to beat them then?

sad...or wait..how do you all put it now...EPICALLY PATHETIC

Now where did anyone say something like that? And excuse us for wanting a game that doesn't break down to "Flip a coin. Whoever wins the toss' date=' wins."

ye cos if u got your best monster (5 god dragon)with the 5 dragons and the dragons are only gonna last 1 more turn u use pot of greed to get 5 god dragon so u can summon it may be risky but it is worth it

plus i don't agree with advance format it only thins down some of the best cards ever

Then play Traditional. No one is stopping you. But most people would prefer a game based around skill as much as possible.

Guest PikaPerson01

So pretty much everyone who wants it banned is butt-hurt because their opponent can draw extra cards and MIGHT be able to beat them then?

sad...or wait..how do you all put it now...EPICALLY PATHETIC

... HAHAHAHAHAHA!

Seriously, your post is so mind-numbingly stupid, I'm not even gonna bother posting a real response. You fail on an epic level kid. Learn to play.

kid?

you realize I'm probably older than you right?

and that statement was to make a point about the mind-set in this forum. If you can't realize that then maybe you should, take your own advice (which had nothing to do with anything remotely close to what we were talking about).

Guess that's what I get for playing a children's card game...childish remarks...

oh well...*sigh*

lets hope the rest of the forum isn't as unsettlingly closed-minded.

Guest Chaos Pudding

kid?

and that statement was to make a point about the mind-set in this forum. If you can't realize that then maybe you should' date=' take your own advice (which had nothing to do with anything remotely close to what we were talking about).

Guess that's what I get for playing a children's card game...childish remarks...

oh well...*sigh*

[/quote']

This matter isn't one of opinions. Pot of Greed is a broken card, and it being legal at any number hurts the game.

Note that this is not an opinion. This is a FACT.

Guest PikaPerson01

kid?

Irrelevant point is irrelevant' date=' kid.

and that statement was to make a point about the mind-set in this forum.

No. You fail at reading comprehension too kid. It's not that: "Wah! We're afraid to lose!" We just don't want to get lucksacked by terrible duelists who happen to draw the easiest card to play. There is no skill in activating Pot of Greed.

If you can't realize that then maybe you should, take your own advice (which had nothing to do with anything remotely close to what we were talking about).

My advice to you is to learn how to play. Pot of Greed, and the cards it so easily draws, very frequently win games. Learn2play kid.

oh well...*sigh*

Lol. What a stupid irrelevant arguement here. Did you already forget what your argument was, or are you just grasping at straws now?

I will agree, pot of greed is a broken card. It should have a cost of tributing 500 life points or something. I will agree with that.

HOWEVER, they did bring Monster Reborn back into the tournament at a limited level.

Perhaps they can do the same with Pot of Greed.

Raigeki and Harpies Feather Duster, while very nice to have in a deck, I will agree are a big over-powered.

There are, however, monsters that do the same effects that are not on the limited or banned list.

Dark Paladin negates spell cards by discarding 1 card from your hand.

Sorcerer of Dark Magic can negate any trap (doesn't have to, but it can), giving you the ability to use your own, and negate your opponents.

Jinzo allows you to stop all trap cards from working.

There are even more monsters that allow you to special summon monsters back from the graveyard.

I am just stating, I don't agree with current ban lists. Pot of Greed shouldn't be on there (my opinion) because of the fact that it is a universal card, on a common level. If it were a universal card and it be a secret rare, then it should be banned, simply because then not everyone is guaranteed to have one, so its not level ground they are playing on anymore. Someone would have the advantage.

Magician of Faith shouldn't be there either (not just because I love the magicians) but because getting things back from the graveyard is pivital.

And to pikaperson, you keep disrespecting me, and I will neg rep you and report you.

Archived