Should it ...  

2 members have voted

1. 1. Should it ...

• Remain banned
    • limited

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cards should be limited if and only if they are bad for the game at 3 but good for the game at 1. Mirror Force, for example, punishes overextending at 1, increasing the level of skill needed, but needlessly punishes all forms of aggro at 3, encouraging skill-less OTKs. Pot of Greed has no skill, no combos, and nothing that makes it worth unbanning.

I meant the pot of avarice that fits THIS IMAGE:

medicalleaf.jpg

THREE THOUSAND, FOUR TWENTITH POST! 3,420. What irony that the one that has "420" in it is one that I literally did not plan out involving marijuana in but it just so happened that it did.

I think Konami needs to rethink their card-ban list, or make worldwide tournaments for both types of dueling, because I hate Advanced Format duels, and they almost NEVER do traditional format tournaments anymore.

I agree with bringing pot of greed back, as well as raigeki, harpies feather duster, monster reborn, and 95% of all the other cards on the banned list!

I think Konami needs to rethink their card-ban list' date=' or make worldwide tournaments for both types of dueling, because I hate Advanced Format duels, and they almost NEVER do traditional format tournaments anymore.

I agree with bringing pot of greed back, as well as raigeki, harpies feather duster, monster reborn, and 95% of all the other cards on the banned list!

[/quote']

How this for a tournemnt with no ban list:

You go there and sit down against your oponnent. You flip coin/ roll dice/rock paper siccsors for 1st turn. Whoever goes first wins every time. repeat 5/6 for each round. That sound like a competitive tournement?

If you honestly believe that the person who goes first wins every time, then you are more of a noob then some of the members here that have proven that fact.

If you cannot seem to come up with a deck that would protect yourself against the cards on the ban list, or at least learn to work your way through them, then that is your problem. The ban list takes away from strategy, it doesn't build upon it. If you know your opponent could have devastating cards such as Raigeki, Harpies Feather Duster, and Monster Reborn, you would play a little more cautiously than you would if you know they don't.

Besides, this is a topic for if you believe Pot of Greed should be brought back or not. I posted my opinion. You want to debate this with me, open a thread up and we'll debate. Otherwise, this conversation is terminated.

:D goodbye

Maybe not in the win for the one using it, but think about the duelist who is dueling against it. How hard is it to take down the primary source of their deck when you know what it is? It doesn't take you long to realize what kind of deck a person is running, and duelists, whether they realize it or not, give away their strategy with the first card played.

I don't care about the duelist using the cards, as far as strategy goes. Its never been my concern to worry about what I'm up against, its my concern to prepare for what I *could* be up against. That's where the fun in Yu-Gi-Oh comes from. Yes, pwning your opponent is fun, but out-thinking them is even more fun.

I love running Harpies Feather Duster, Pot of Greed, Raigeki, Monster Reborn, etc. in my deck. Most of the people I duel against already know that and prepare for it. They know I'm going to try and obliterate the field before I attack 9 times out of 10, so what do they do? They put cards in there to stop me. Not only does it now stop me, but it stops others from using damaging cards to their deck. A simple Magic Jammer can stop anything from a silly Pot of Greed, to an immensely more powerful Raigeki and Harpies Feather Duster.

I would rather all cards be available (even if they are only limited to 1 per deck) than even just 1 be banned.

And as far as the god cards go...bring them on *evil grin* I love a good challenge.

Archived