Should Pot of Greed come back

Should it ...  

2 members have voted

1. 1. Should it ...

• Remain banned
    • limited

Guest PikaPerson01

I will agree' date=' pot of greed is a broken card. It should have a cost of tributing 500 life points or something. I will agree with that.[/quote']

Lifepoints haven't mattered since '03 kid. Get with the times.

HOWEVER, they did bring Monster Reborn back into the tournament at a limited level.

Lol. Using Konami's banlist as the base of your argument.

Perhaps they can do the same with Pot of Greed.

This topic is about what SHOULD happen. Apparently reading comprehension isn't your thing kid.

Raigeki and Harpies Feather Duster, while very nice to have in a deck, I will agree are a big over-powered.

Broken cards are broken. Your point?

There are, however, monsters that do the same effects that are not on the limited or banned list.

Any monster that does has too elaborate of a summoning condition, or two specific of an effect.

Dark Paladin negates spell cards by discarding 1 card from your hand.

Sorcerer of Dark Magic can negate any trap (doesn't have to, but it can), giving you the ability to use your own, and negate your opponents.

... Dark Paladin also requires the fusion of two useless level 7 monsters.

Sorcerer of Dark Magic relies on the tribute of 2 level 5+ Spellcasters. (I think. I don't have the card in front of me right this second.) How are these even remotely playable to slapping down Pot of Greed and Raigeki?

Jinzo allows you to stop all trap cards from working.

There are even more monsters that allow you to special summon monsters back from the graveyard.

... 'Kay. So?

I am just stating, I don't agree with current ban lists. Pot of Greed shouldn't be on there (my opinion) because of the fact that it is a universal card, on a common level.

Your opinion is wrong.

If it were a universal card and it be a secret rare, then it should be banned, simply because then not everyone is guaranteed to have one, so its not level ground they are playing on anymore.

Someone would have the advantage.

Snatch Steal is common in the Dragon Structure deck. Let's unban that. Oh wait!

Yeah. Stop being so bad at the game. Please. All your arguments are laughable at best kid.

And to pikaperson, you keep disrespecting me,

Disrespect? Lolwut

and I will neg rep you

Lol, rep. And you call me childish.

and report you.

cry moar.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest PikaPerson01

I'm going to ask you one more time to stop with the disrespect or I will not hesitate to take action the only way the boards will allow member-wise.

Disrespect? Where?

Guest Chaos Pudding

I will agree' date=' pot of greed is a broken card.

[/quote']

Then why say it should be unbanned?

It should have a cost of tributing 500 life points or something.

lol Life Points. What kind of restriction is that?

I will agree with that.

You like to agree. I get that.

HOWEVER, they did bring Monster Reborn back into the tournament at a limited level.

Note the topic title. It says "SHOULD". Not "COULD".

Perhaps they can do the same with Pot of Greed.

*points to above statement*

Raigeki and Harpies Feather Duster, while very nice to have in a deck, I will agree are a big over-powered.

Again with the agreeing.

There are, however, monsters that do the same effects that are not on the limited or banned list.

They often have hard-to-achieve summoning costs, watered-down effects, or should be banned also. And Spells are much faster than monsters, in case you didn't know.

Dark Paladin negates spell cards by discarding 1 card from your hand.

lol Fusion that can only be summoned by Poly. Try harder next time.

Sorcerer of Dark Magic can negate any trap (doesn't have to, but it can), giving you the ability to use your own, and negate your opponents.

lol Nomi with exceedingly hard-to-achieve summoning cost.

Jinzo allows you to stop all trap cards from working.

And? What's your point?

There are even more monsters that allow you to special summon monsters back from the graveyard.

Can you name 1 that allows for unrestricted revival?

I am just stating, I don't agree with current ban lists.

OMG! You don't agree with something?

Pot of Greed shouldn't be on there (my opinion) because of the fact that it is a universal card, on a common level.

That is quite possibly the most pisspoor reason you can have for not wanting a card to be banned. If CED was released as a common, would you also want it to be unbanned

If it were a universal card and it be a secret rare, then it should be banned, simply because then not everyone is guaranteed to have one, so its not level ground they are playing on anymore.

*see above*

Someone would have the advantage.

Someone always has the advantage. What's your point?

Magician of Faith shouldn't be there either

I agree.

(not just because I love the magicians) but because getting things back from the graveyard is pivital.

How so? Proof pl0x.

And to pikaperson, you keep disrespecting me, and I will neg rep you and report you.

lol negs.

The chances of that happening are slim to none JesusofChaos. So should every card that can make an awesome combo be banned? Why don't we get rid of graceful charity then? Or how about 90% of the effect monsters out there' date=' because lord knows we can come up with some uber-strong combos that require little to no skill to pull off. Why don't we ban those as well? While we're at it, lets get rid of the trap cards that don't require a cost to activate. You know what, we really don't need equip cards then either. Its beginning to sound more like a game of go fish than it is Yu-Gi-Oh.

Who cares if everyone has the same cards? I'm not saying unban every single card. I agree that Chaos Emperor Dragon and his counterpart shouldn't be allowed because there is not enough cost to them to use their effects. However, Pot of Greed? You are telling me you are that scared of someone drawing 2 cards that it needs to be banned? You already went and got rid of all the really useful cards, what are you so worried about them drawing?

Point is, Pot of Greed doesn't really offer a great tactical advantage out there, and since its a very common card, everyone will use it so it really gives you NO tactical advantage. So let kids use it in tournaments. Who is it hurting? If you are that concerned about it being allowed, then don't use it. Simple as that, but don't go stepping on everyone elses day because you don't want to use it.

[/quote']

It is banned, anyway do u want to give decks such as DDT and DAD even more speed? The are already insanly fast giving them another 2 draw card with no cost this time is like giving a gun to someone whos trying to rob your store

Guest Chaos Pudding

It is banned' date=' anyway do u want to give decks such as DDT and DAD even more speed? The are already insanly fast giving them another 2 draw card with no cost this time is like giving a gun to someone whos trying to rob your store

[/quote']

More like giving a gun to a thief who already has a knife. They can get the job done, but with a gun they can get it done faster.

It is banned' date=' anyway do u want to give decks such as DDT and DAD even more speed? The are already insanly fast giving them another 2 draw card with no cost this time is like giving a gun to someone whos trying to rob your store

[/quote']

More like giving a gun to a thief who already has a knife. They can get the job done, but with a gun they can get it done faster.

Agreed

Guest Chaos Pudding

Perhaps' date=' but if you already know what kind of deck they are using (again, apparent within the first card or two played) you can stop them before they start.

Using your analogy, its like putting up a security system in your store before the burglar strikes :O!

[/quote']

You mind telling how the **** you can stop what can win within the 1st or 2nd turn? Unless you have a horribly lucky opening hand, and the opponent has a horribly unlucky hand, I can't see how this can be possible.

I don't know, I don't know your deck.

If I were up against them I'd try and rely a little more heavily on my traps to guard my life points for a few turns until I can get some monsters out to destroy his and/or some spell cards to destroy his spell and trap cards.

If I wasn't successful, then I guess he proved he could come up with a better deck than I could. If I was successful, Kudos to me.

Guest Chaos Pudding

I don't know' date=' I don't know your deck.

If I were up against them I'd try and rely a little more heavily on my traps to guard my life points for a few turns until I can get some monsters out to destroy his and/or some spell cards to destroy his spell and trap cards.

If I wasn't successful, then I guess he proved he could come up with a better deck than I could. If I was successful, Kudos to me.

[/quote']

Again, how do you honestly expect to beat a deck with these "traps" when you will never have the chance to even draw them?

You give up hope so quickly.

If you tell yourself you are going to lose' date=' then you have already lost.

However, if you tell yourself you refuse to lose, you will come to find at how much you can achieve. Even if you fail, you will get farther than you did if you never tried.

[/quote']

That is such a load of bull. This is a card game, not life.

You give up hope so quickly.

If you tell yourself you are going to lose' date=' then you have already lost.

However, if you tell yourself you refuse to lose, you will come to find at how much you can achieve. Even if you fail, you will get farther than you did if you never tried.

[/quote']

That is such a load of bull. This is a card game, not life.

Agreed You have no cards in your hand and your oponnent has DAD and Jinzo and Solemn face down what chance do u have?

well in that situation you are boned.

Just like if you are facing me. I have 5 cards in my hand, Dark Paladin and Sorcerer of Dark Magic face-up on the field. What chance do you have to beat me?

And yes, I have brought both of them out by the 2nd or 3rd turn. That may have been back in traditional format standards, but the threat still applies.

If your opponent makes a good enough deck, you are going to be boned either way. If you can outsmart them, you might be able to get them to make a mistake here or there. Think of it as chess. Everyone walks into a duel with a general idea of how they are going to win (same as chess). Based off how the cards are played (how the pieces are moved) you have to modify your strategy. So, get them to switch up their strategy. Either that, or in your side-deck have an ***load of cards to stop spell cards, before he has a chance to activate them. Or an ***load of cards to block attacks or card effects.

Just like if you are facing me. I have 5 cards in my hand' date=' Dark Paladin and Sorcerer of Dark Magic face-up on the field. What chance do you have to beat me?

And yes, I have brought both of them out by the 2nd or 3rd turn. That may have been back in traditional format standards, but the threat still applies.

[b']If your opponent makes a good enough deck[/b], you are going to be boned either way. If you can outsmart them, you might be able to get them to make a mistake here or there. Think of it as chess. Everyone walks into a duel with a general idea of how they are going to win (same as chess). Based off how the cards are played (how the pieces are moved) you have to modify your strategy. So, get them to switch up their strategy. Either that, or in your side-deck have an ***load of cards to stop spell cards, before he has a chance to activate them. Or an ***load of cards to block attacks or card effects.

You are contidicting yourself, if your opponent doesnt make a good deck and you do you win, if you make a bad deck and your opponent has a good deck then you lose. PoG (which i almost forgot this topic was about) makes those bad decks closer to competiting with good decks which is unfair on people who have actually thought about how their deck works and constructed it properly, unlike a noob jus chucking together a bunch of staple cards and hoping for the best. This is a childrens card game, outsmarting the opponent went out 3 metas ago get with the times, it is all now about outpacing your opponent

Just like if you are facing me. I have 5 cards in my hand' date=' Dark Paladin and Sorcerer of Dark Magic face-up on the field. What chance do you have to beat me?

If your opponent makes a good enough deck, you are going to be boned either way. If you can outsmart them, you might be able to get them to make a mistake here or there. Think of it as chess. Everyone walks into a duel with a general idea of how they are going to win (same as chess). Based off how the cards are played (how the pieces are moved) you have to modify your strategy. So, get them to switch up their strategy. Either that, or in your side-deck have an ***load of cards to stop spell cards, before he has a chance to activate them. Or an ***load of cards to block attacks or card effects.

[/quote']

There is no deck on the face of the planet that is consistent enough to pull off the situation you described often enough for it to warrent you even bringing it up.

On the other hand, let's have a situation that can happen each game:

You go first, you set 2 cards S/T face-down and play Stratos, bringing Disc Commander to your hand. You end.

Your opponent plays Reasoning, you call 6. They mill through 10 Spells and a Plasma, finally ending up on a Diamond Dude. They activate Diamond Dude's effect to send Trade-In to the Graveyard. Then your opponent plays another Reasoning, you call 8. They mill through another 5 Spells and another Plasma and end up hitting DMoC. DMoC brings back Dimension Fusion that you milled. You play Monster Gate on DMoC, removing it from play and milling through 3 more Spells, hitting a Phantom of Chaos. PoC removes Plasma and takes your Stratos. They play Giant Trunade. They play their revived Dimension Fusion to bring back DMoC, bringing back their Dimension Fusion again. They tribute your Diamond Dude for your D.D.M. They remove the other Plasma and the Diamond Dude for Phoenix Blade. They discard Phoenix Blade to Special Summon Diamond Dude. They activate Diamond Dude again, hitting Magic Stone Excavation. They play their last Reasoning, you call 4. They hit Jinzo after milling 4 Spells. You lose.

Of course, the chances of having 3 Reasonings in your opening hand are low, but there are plenty of other hands that can beat any deck, barring one that sets Solemn.

You make an excellent point, which also ends this discussion flat.

This is a children's card game.

Lighten up. Children don't have strategy. Its teenagers and young adults who take it so seriously that they live off the card game, rules, rulings, and strategy.

Enjoy the game while you are young enough to do so, because in a few years you are going to be so overwhelmed with work, family and bills, you won't have time to come back and play a round of Yu-Gi-Oh. Enjoy it while you can, because guess what, in the real world, outside of this forum, bragging about making the best Yu-Gi-Oh TCG deck, is useless.

Who cares if pot of greed is banned or unbanned. You like it banned. I like it unbanned. Enjoy the game, and stop complaining about it.

You make an excellent point' date=' which also ends this discussion flat.

Lighten up. Children don't have strategy. Its teenagers and young adults who take it so seriously that they live off the card game, rules, rulings, and strategy.

Enjoy the game while you are young enough to do so, because in a few years you are going to be so overwhelmed with work, family and bills, you won't have time to come back and play a round of Yu-Gi-Oh. Enjoy it while you can, because guess what, in the real world, outside of this forum, bragging about making the best Yu-Gi-Oh TCG deck, is useless.

Who cares if pot of greed is banned or unbanned. You like it banned. I like it unbanned. Enjoy the game, and stop complaining about it.

[/quote']

Then why did you decide to discuss it in the first place? This post just tells me that you can't think of any more rebukes. So man up and admit that your reasoning for wanting Pot unbanned was flawed.

You make an excellent point' date=' which also ends this discussion flat.

[b']

Who cares if pot of greed is banned or unbanned.[/b] You like it banned. I like it unbanned. Enjoy the game, and stop complaining about it.

I care about how the game is being destroyed by monster reborn and DAD and overpowered cards. I dont care about the future (much) id rather focus on the present and at present i play yugioh and i like a competitive environement which rewards skilled and experienced players rather than the giving power cards to noobs that have no reckoning what they can do with them

1) No. I will not admit that I have no rebukes left. But to coin a phrase, its like talking to a brick wall, so eventually I get tired of it.

2) I'm happy you enjoy the challenge and you are entitled to that. But instead of trying to force your ways of thinking on others, why don't you just accept some people like the pot of greed and want to keep it from being banned, even while you don't?

1) No. I will not admit that I have no rebukes left. But to coin a phrase' date=' its like talking to a brick wall, so eventually I get tired of it.

[/quote']

It seems to me that you are the one who is just recycling old arguments each time I bring something new to the table. Who's the brick wall?

1) Im more than happy to listen to your opinons if they have some basing of reasoning, but the best you have managed to come up with is that it can be easily countered. If you actually came up with a decent argument id be more than willing to listen

2) Liking a card? When has become a reason to unban a card i mean my fav card is BLSEOB but i dont want it unbanned cause of the devasting effect it has

Archived