Jump to content

[Unbanned if Changed?] Heavy Storm


Recommended Posts

There's nothing really that wrong with Solemn Judgment.

The cost is very high and you have to make the call when it's worth it to use.

 

But Lord, that trap lineup looks so stacked. No wonder they kept Heavy.

Thing is, SJ can be activated at ANY time, as it costs half of your current Life Points. The only time it couldn't be used is if your Life Points was at 1. I don't know any effect that would reduce Life Points to 1. Also SJ is the ultimate swiss army knife, at least SW only  stops monsters.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

*shrug*
It's what he meant, regardless of how much sense it makes.

And honestly, I'm a fan of gutting backrow if it means forcing players to interact with each other.

I actully meant Cold Wave but meh


No, YOU leave.

 

Maybe some people have opinions that aren't the same as yours.

He is right about Shockmaster tho. That in combo with star Seraphs is nutty as fuck. I'm not saying that OCG is perfect, I'm just saying we atleast have good decks as meta, not shit like Geargia and Hat

Link to comment
Share on other sites

OCG has it at 1. TCG is being stupid. Its fine at 1. Tewert needs to stop smoking weed. GG

 

...when the banlist for the World Championship 2014 was revealed, the OCG was roaring in excitement that Shock Master finally got the axe.

 

What I'm trying to say is that just because Konami has an utterly broken card floating around in the OCG doesn't mean the OCG players are happy with their decisions.

 

But hey, no one is stopping you from playing the amazingly diverse the OCG meta has to offer, such as Qliphoth, Qliphoth and of course Qliphoth, and lets not forget my personal favourite deck, Qliphoth.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

...when the banlist for the World Championship 2014 was revealed, the OCG was roaring in excitement that Shock Master finally got the axe.

 

What I'm trying to say is that just because Konami has an utterly broken card floating around in the OCG doesn't mean the OCG players are happy with their decisions.

 

But hey, no one is stopping you from playing the amazingly diverse the OCG meta has to offer, such as Qliphoth, Qliphoth and of course Qliphoth, and lets not forget my personal favourite deck, Qliphoth.

Read my post again. I hate shockmaster as much as the next person. Your ignorance and arrogence betrays you. The ratios are actully more like 4:2:1:1 Shaddoll Heroes Qliphoths Stella,,,way to fail. The OCG players like the majority of the list, such as 1)Trying new cards like Zen and Trish 2)Keeping Heavy ..never said it was perfect

Link to comment
Share on other sites

...when the banlist for the World Championship 2014 was revealed, the OCG was roaring in excitement that Shock Master finally got the axe.

 

What I'm trying to say is that just because Konami has an utterly broken card floating around in the OCG doesn't mean the OCG players are happy with their decisions.

 

But hey, no one is stopping you from playing the amazingly diverse the OCG meta has to offer, such as Qliphoth, Qliphoth and of course Qliphoth, and lets not forget my personal favourite deck, Qliphoth.

 

Qliphorts are surprisingly, not doing all that well in the OCG.

Severe power creep is scary.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I actully meant Cold Wave but meh


Oh god, forgot that cluster-EFF- of a card was legal over there. Never again.

That said, pretty sure I've seen Chain Whirlwind on OCG lists.

He is right about Shockmaster tho. That in combo with star Seraphs is nutty as f***. I'm not saying that OCG is perfect, I'm just saying we atleast have good decks as meta, not s*** like Geargia and Hat


Notice both OCG and TCG place heavy emphasis on cards that basically stop the opponent interacting with you...
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Oh god, forgot that cluster-EFF- of a card was legal over there. Never again.

That said, pretty sure I've seen Chain Whirlwind on OCG lists.


Notice both OCG and TCG place heavy emphasis on cards that basically stop the opponent interacting with you...

I love cold wave, card is so much better than heavy post pendulum since they can't use tool eff. It was ass before that tho

 

"Notice both OCG and TCG place heavy emphasis on cards that basically stop the opponent interacting with you..."

 

I would argue that 1 shock master is fine as long as the seraph engine gets hit

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I mean, the most common suggestion for how to change it is simply to prevent it enabling OTK's on a common basis. You could theoretically just put a clause like: You cannot conduct your battle phase in the turn you activate this card. Thus some of the more... Unhealthy applications with the card are eliminated without nerfing them entirely. 
 
Thus it arguably becomes a power card at 1, and rewards the player for skillful usage of it, more than just giving you cheap wins for the hell of it.

Pretty much this.

I mean, it would put it on the same level as something like Soul Charge, in the sense that, yes, it has an amazing/game breaking effect, but you loose any chance to OTK with it because you lost your Battle Phase.

Like, let's face it. Regardless of how many arguments people make about it being "needed for the game", it's still not stopping people from using it to just HURPDURP LEL OTK, which is the typical usage for it anyway.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I didn't realize it until it was actually gone but I really don't want this card around.

 

"It encourages skillful play" can be used to justify any power card. People have used it to justify BLS in Goat Format for crying out loud. I really don't see how that argument holds any weight.

 

 

I would argue that 1 shock master is fine as long as the seraph engine gets hit

 

 

pls no

Link to comment
Share on other sites

OH GOD HE MEANT COLD WAVE
EVEN FUNNIER
OH MY SIDES
AND HE WANTS SHOCK MASTER BACK

 

I'm done here, I just had to let you know you gave me a good laugh, and I thank you for it.

 

You know what, might as well ask- WHY do you think these can come back, WHY is having all the answers and a hell of a lot of back row FUN to you, and HOW does this make the OCG any better than the TCG? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I mean, the most common suggestion for how to change it is simply to prevent it enabling OTK's on a common basis. You could theoretically just put a clause like: You cannot conduct your battle phase in the turn you activate this card. Thus some of the more... Unhealthy applications with the card are eliminated without nerfing them entirely. 

 

Thus it arguably becomes a power card at 1, and rewards the player for skillful usage of it, more than just giving you cheap wins for the hell of it. 

 

I would go with no special summoning myself, this is very much a turn over kind of game with many decks, no one expects a card to last more than 2 turns, so if they are just sitting on bacrow and you might know some of them for whatever reason, dropping heavy storm does open the door to winning. it also still stops early game 3-5 setting to shutdown an opponent.

the point is to restrict the ability to flash out an OTK on a full hand after clearing with this. if the win is already on the board, then this card lets you win in this state, if it's not, your just gaining advantage.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Sometimes yes. But nobody here sees Trishula or Heavy or even reborn as "op"

I have now logically deduced that some OCG players are blind.

Please, don't speak for the OCG as a whole, because you don't know everyone or their thoughts.

Heavy might be one of the few cards I think the TCG should have. We already have SC, we don't need another revival without a cost that you can just proceed to go win the game with. As much as I love Reborn, lol.

Trishula is Trishula. Can you TRY to explain what makes this a fair card at ALL? Or ANY of the other cards the OCG has that we don't?

Justify Cold Wave, please.

Justify Shock Master, if that's even possible.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  1. Trishula is Trishula. Can you TRY to explain what makes this a fair card at ALL? Or ANY of the other cards the OCG has that we don't?
  2. Justify Cold Wave, please.
  3. Justify Shock Master, if that's even possible.
  1. The Infernity loop that got him banned is impossible without Brionac.
  2. Not possible
  3. Pretty sure Shock Master is in the dictionary next to the word "broken"
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.


×
×
  • Create New...