[Finished][SCS 8] Rampaging Heavens [FINISHED]

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Alrighty! Here's my entry to the contest! Hope you all like it!

Intergalactic Dark Pegasus:

Qtr9e6T.jpg

2 lvl. 7 Beast-Type Monsters
You can Xyz Summon this Card by using any Rank 5 or 6 Beast, Beast-Warrior, or Warrior-Type Xyz Monster you Control as Xyz Materials. When this Card is Xyz Summoned: Banish 2 Beast, Beast-Warrior, or Warrior-Type Monsters from your Graveyard, then Return 1 Set Card on the Field to the Bottom of the Deck. This Card can Attack Directly while it has an Xyz Material. Once per Turn, During Either Player's Turn,  Except the Turn this Card was Summoned by its own Effect, You can Detatch 1 Xyz Material: This Turn, During the Battle Phase, all Beast, Beast-Warrior, and Warrior-Type Monsters you Control are Unaffected by your Opponent's Card Effects and cannot be Destroyed by Battle. You may only Control 1 "Intergalactic Darkness Pegasus".

I'll enter I guess. Might be a chance to redeem myself after the Pop Culture Contest. ​I Hope I've improved since then.

Edited with my entry: 

Ud5VAbP.jpg

Once per turn, you can banish this monster to target one monster on your opponent's side of the field; until that monster is destroyed, or this monster is removed from the banishment zone, your opponent loses 100 Life Points during each of their Standby Phases.

This is kinda over powered but I tried to balance it out.

Ia9USIm.jpg

When a Warrior-Type monster you control is targeted by a card effect, you may equip this face up card to that monster. That monster loses 500 ATK, cannot have its effects negated, nor can it be targeted by your opponents card effect(s).

ISZcusp.jpg

When this card in your possession is destroyed by your opponent's card (either by battle or by card effect) and sent to your Graveyard: Shuffle this card into the Deck. During your Main Phase 2, if you control no cards: you card discard this card; add 1 "Madolche" card from your Deck to the your hand. You can only use this effect of "Madolche Neighpolitan" once per turn. If this card is Special Summoned by the effect of a "Madolche" card: You may increase Level by 1 and it's ATK/DEF by 500.

Still grading them.

I apologize for taking so long with the judging [normally I'd be done with them by now], but midterms are coming up again and electric physics is being a complete bitch for me to deal with.

(Don't have the results on me right now, but hopefully I get through with them tonight when I get home)

Sorry for making you wait, guys.

Anyway, here are your grades.

In terms of your Balance/Design grade; playability was factored in to some extent.

OCG is basically 10 points for comprehension; other half is the part I can nitpick about your capitalization, where to put commas/semicolons, your spelling, etc.

Anyway, I wrote this stuff on Excel so it's easier to calculate your marks and determine the placing members. (If I felt it necessary to make a brief comment, I did)

As usual, ask for clarification if you want to know why I graded you a certain way.

(For those of you that did Archetype support, I graded them on my understanding of what they have to look forward to [already existing stuff].)

[spoiler=Big Image]

wE2FGOh.jpg

EDIT: Noober's B/D grade raised by 4 points [B/D: 28; new score: 71]

EDIT 2: BailasGale's B/D grade raised by 4 points [B/D: 32; new score: 74]

Also note that Chaos Sonic's actual B/D score is 36; Progenitor's scores should read 36 | 27 | 19.5 | 10 = 92.5

[/spoiler]

I'm doing 5 places again, so the standings are as follows.

1st - Gadjiltron - 98

2nd - Aqua/Qliphoth Tool - 96

3rd - Nobility - 95

4th - Chaos Sonic - 94

5th - The Progenitor - 92.5

I'll leave this thread open for questions for a day or so, then I'll get on with the award things.

Most of you guys did pretty well; some of you were in between and the rest, well they were iffy. (The bad ones have some remark about them)

Yeah, you got stripped some points because of the blanket immunity to things, along with blocking any attempts to negate whatever monster this card's attached to.

That being said, the power drop does make whatever monster you choose more manageable to kill in battle (though that's probably not much of a drawback).

I think a 16-point drop because of the above is a bit steep, looking at it again, so I'll award back 4 points there (although it is a powerful effect, not as bad as I had originally made it out to be).

[I'll just note the score changes as edits; because it will be a pain in the ass to recalibrate the spreadsheet and post it again on Imgur]

Like I mentioned in the remarks, yours got hit in the playability section for essentially being restricted to EBIs (if they're still playable in this age). Also the skipping Battle Phase thing for summoning a Token is a bit much (the Tokens serve as protection, but I personally don't think it's worth sacrificing your Battle Phase for it). Can probably understand that you don't want the Tokens to spam EBIs and stuff (considering what most of them are capable of)

Sakura, can you explain why I got the score I got? I want to see what I did wrong so I can improve.

In general, I thought your card was fine.

The banishing effect for it attaching to a Warrior might've had some repercussions in HEROs or whatever Warrior-Types like banishing stuff; but I don't think that would make much on an impact here (especially with consistency issues).

I graded a few of your entries on Tuesday/Wednesday-ish; then the rest of them yesterday/a while ago, so...

So close. But even if I missed it, at least I got good scores and didn't lose more than 3 points in any area so I'm good.

Also, I think you mixed something up either on the spreadsheet or in the Top 5 Listings. Chaos Sonic has a 93 on the spreadsheet but a 94 on the listing and The Progenitor has a 94.5 on the spreadsheet but a 92.5 on the listings. That means they should be switched around on the rankings. Doesn't affect me, but I'd hate for someone to be out on 100 points they earned.

Archived