[Finished][SCS 8] Rampaging Heavens [FINISHED]

Hey 5th place if fine with me, especially considering the great cards some of the other guys made.   GJ to everyone.

I am a little bit curious as to what the deductions were for (as most people are with any test), but I assume it was just some minor stuff that wasn't really worth writing down.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm doing 5 places again, so the standings are as follows.

1st - Gadjiltron - 98

2nd - Aqua/Qliphoth Tool - 96

3rd - Nobility - 95

4th - Chaos Sonic - 94

5th - The Progenitor - 92.5

I'll leave this thread open for questions for a day or so, then I'll get on with the award things.

Most of you guys did pretty well; some of you were in between and the rest, well they were iffy. (The bad ones have some remark about them)

4th? Maaaaaan xD

Oh well, it was fun to make it!

I assume the feedback on me was generally negative...but Mathematician does what my card does...but better because its engine. Also their aren't any zombie monsters that can really do a disastrous direct attack. And it seems like the flavor was missed as well. I guess I should post my logic next time around.

I think a bulk of the points I stripped came from it being possible setup for larger things. (There are a couple boss Zombies that can, but there aren't too many). Other effect was fine, so no points dropped there.

Keep in mind yours was one of the cards I graded on a weeknight after academics.

Re-evaluating it, I can award 4 points back on the design thing. [You can post your logic if you feel that it might be misinterpreted in future; feel free to explain it now if you wish]

Hey 5th place if fine with me, especially considering the great cards some of the other guys made.   GJ to everyone.

I am a little bit curious as to what the deductions were for (as most people are with any test), but I assume it was just some minor stuff that wasn't really worth writing down.

More or less minor things.

So close. But even if I missed it, at least I got good scores and didn't lose more than 3 points in any area so I'm good.

Also, I think you mixed something up either on the spreadsheet or in the Top 5 Listings. Chaos Sonic has a 93 on the spreadsheet but a 94 on the listing and The Progenitor has a 94.5 on the spreadsheet but a 92.5 on the listings. That means they should be switched around on the rankings. Doesn't affect me, but I'd hate for someone to be out on 100 points they earned.

Chaos Sonic does have a 94 as a final grade; (his balance/design grade should be a 36 instead of whatever I had up)

Progenitor has 92.5; think I recalibrated things and didn't post the updated one; should be in this order (36 | 27 | 19.5 | 10).

This is probably why writing stuff in the word document was better; can easily update the scores when I have to.

(Or YCM can stop being lame + just accept the Excel table)

What were my spelling/ocg errors? After checking it all I can tell is I forgot to capitalize "you" after the colon in the effect. Also summoning Tiaramisu is what the deck does. And though it is possible to do use it for her it take other cards/combos to do so.

Not entirely satisfied with the grade I got, and also somewhat confused as to the OCG being rated so low, but I'm still glad I entered anyhow. Maybe the effect was too complex for it to be balanced? Anyhow, thanks for the list, and if you can provide me any reasons as to why I ranked so low (71/100), then that'd be awesome.

Not entirely satisfied with the grade I got, and also somewhat confused as to the OCG being rated so low, but I'm still glad I entered anyhow. Maybe the effect was too complex for it to be balanced? Anyhow, thanks for the list, and if you can provide me any reasons as to why I ranked so low (71/100), then that'd be awesome.

Excessive capitalizations would likely be the contributing factor, akin to how Capitalizing Every Word In Your Sentence That Isn't a Title Earns the Annoyance of Many.

An OCG fix would look sort of like this:

2 Level 7 Beast-Type Monsters
You can Xyz Summon this Card by using any Rank 5 or 6 Beast, Beast-Warrior, or Warrior-Type Xyz Monster you control as the Xyz Materials. (Xyz Materials attached to that monster also become Xyz Materials on this card.) When this card is Xyz Summoned: Banish 2 Beast, Beast-Warrior, or Warrior-Type Monsters from your Graveyard, then Return place 1 Set Card on the field to on the bottom of the Deck. This card can attack directly while it has an Xyz Material. Once per turn, during either player's turn,  except the turn this card was Summoned by its own effect: You can detach 1 Xyz Material; This Turn, during this turn's Battle Phase, all Beast, Beast-Warrior, and Warrior-Type Monsters you control are unaffected by your opponent's card effects and cannot be destroyed by battle. You may can only control 1 "Intergalactic Darkness Pegasus".

Also, unclear if the "on-Xyz-Summon" effect is supposed to target or not - not having it target makes it a lot more threatening and more difficult to play around.

@YugsterMajor: OCG mistakes shot you down [thankfully Gadjiltron has fixed it for you].

As for other things, more or less was summed up above.

Summoning-wise, would most likely use the alternative method unless you get 2 Bicorns or one of those Baboons/etc, and I don't think you'd want to use them to go into this the real way. (There's probably some RUM stuff you could do, but none come to mind at the moment)

@Simon: Think the only mistakes I saw was the British spelling of Polymerization (and capitalization of "Deck").

On the former, not sure if European English cards revert to the USA variant or they use Brit English. I probably shouldn't deduct points for a regional spelling error if it doesn't really exist. (I don't believe they do, but I can award half a point back on it; since it's regional dependent)

In this case, your score would be 92.5 (and puts you into tie with Progenitor).

@josholche/Necloth:

When this card in your possession is destroyed by your opponent's card (either by battle or by card effect) and sent to your Graveyard: Shuffle this card into the Deck. During your Main Phase 2, if you control no cards: You canrd discard this card; add 1 "Madolche" card from your Deck to the your hand. You can only use this effect of "Madolche Neighpolitan" once per turn. If this card is Special Summoned by the effect of a "Madolche" card: You can may increase its Level by 1 and its (it's a possessive) ATK/DEF by 500.

There was a case of "can"/"may" in here; official cards use "can".

@Nobility: I looked at it again; don't think I really saw anything that would warrant getting points stripped. (Again, my mind was in two places at the time; may have overlooked it or something). I'll award back the extra point on OCG.

Your grade should be 96 now; which puts you into 3-way tie with Aqua/Qliphoth. But yeah, your card was good (although non-targeting destruction is a bit iffy; so some points were subtracted there).

With that said, there are some placing changes from 2nd and downwards (Gadjiltron is still the champion)

1st - Gadjiltron - 98

2nd - Aqua/Qliphoth/Nobility - 96

3rd - Chaos Sonic - 94

4th - Progenitor/Blackquill - 92.5

5th - CuriousHeartless/Ein Sof - 92

Probably best if I note these changes in a new Excel sheet + upload that.

Alright guys, here are your prize awards. Given there were 9 placers (we had a 3-way for runner-up and tie for 4th/5th); making the awards took longer.

Because this was a horse themed contest (2014 much), there is a Team Unicorn theme here.

Winner gets Lightning Tricorn; runner-up is Bicorn; 3rd is Unicorn; 4th place is D.D Unicorn Knight.

[spoiler=Awards for SCS 8]

X4KqhTu.png

q4lLKQd.png

83iqtAO.png

so1lPyJ.png

u4eLOb3.png

d3htQeN.png

cfMTaOp.png

j5JZ8X5.png

rSUwXRK.png

[/spoiler]

Now then, for the point/rep distribution. (I'll use this to keep track of the prizes as I hand out the forum related things)

Gadjiltron gets 400 points + 3 reps

Aqua/Nobility/Qliphoth get 300 points + 2 reps each

Chaos Sonic gets 200 points + 1 rep

Simon/Progenitor get 100 points each

If you all have further questions, please feel free to PM me about stuff.

Thanks to all of you who entered and hope to see you all in SCS 9.

EDIT: While grading entries, I had completely forgotten that Reptillous entered.

So, really fast grading...

Reptillous

B/D: 32

C: 27

O: 15

T: 10

Total: 84

(Yeah, the awards don't need to be calibrated...)

Archived