[Finished][SCS 8] Rampaging Heavens [FINISHED]

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not quite a horse, but a shadow of a well-known horseback classic.

owdrgOU.jpg

[spoiler Card Text]You can Special Summon this card (from your hand) by Tributing 1 Normal Monster. Cannot be used as Material for a Fusion, Synchro, or Xyz Summon the turn it is Special Summoned. If this card attacks a Defense Position Monster, inflict piercing battle damage to your opponent. When this card inflicts battle damage to your opponent: Your opponent randomly discards 1 card from their hand.[/spoiler]

Yes, welcome to Gaia Knight upgraded once again. We've had several decent Gaia Knight-themed cards, but those aren't Main Deck monsters. And Gaia Knight's Main Deck monster versions are terrible, even after the retrained form, Swift Gaia. So why not revamp him again with a touch of power creep?

We start at LV7 2300/2100. Generally, not very good stats to Normal Summon, so I'll nudge him up to 2600/2100 to put him roughly on par for his Level. I'll also add an effect to allow him to be Special Summoned. Swift Gaia's condition never really turned out well, requiring you to be almost topdecking to even put him on the field for free. I'd let him be Special Summoned at 1 Tribute, but then that lets you transform nearly anything you can Normal Summon into quite-okay stats without consuming further Normal Summons. So I've reined him in a bit, requiring you to Tribute Normal Monsters - the least-often used kind of Monster Card in the game now - to make it clear that Gaia Knight-Mare isn't for everyone. Same reason why you can't immediately Synchro, Xyz, or Fusion with him for the turn he's Special Summoned through any means.

So what would he be immediately good for? Attacking, of course. If he inflicts damage he forces a random discard off the opponent, a condition-effect pairing that hasn't really been seen a lot as of late. Consider it getting mentally violated when attacked by a living nightmare. To help him fill this job a little more frequently, he also does piercing damage to make it easier to set off said effect. Besides, shouldn't it make a little more sense for a horseback jouster to trample all over defenders?

No crazy tricks or floats here - just simple, reliable, face-beating. Like how it was back in the day.

Time for horses!

[SPOILER=Knight Mare Rider]

H1wa9dW.jpg

You can discard this card to add up to 2 "Knight Mare Rider" from your Deck to your hand. When your opponent activated a Trap Card, you can discard this card from your hand: Negate it, and return it to your opponent's hand. You can use this effect of "Knight Mare Rider" once per turn. Once per Duel, if you have 3 "Knight Mare Riders" in your Graveyard: You can Special Summon 1 Rank 5 Xyz from your Extra Deck and attach 3 "Knight Mare Riders" to it from your Graveyard as Xyz Material. Skip your next Draw Phase.

[/SPOILER]

I've made an update (more of a focus balancing updated condition)

here you go: 

ezm4Hne.jpg

Effect:

Activate by revealing 1 "Earthbound" card in your hand; add 1 "Earthbound" card from your deck to your hand. Once per turn, during either player's turn, you can Special Summon 1 "Earthbound Electric Horse Token" (Beast-Type/DARK/Level 3/ATK 1000/DEF 100). If you do; skip your next Battle Phase. While you control a token(s), Field Spell Cards cannot be removed from the field. You must control no other S/T cards (except Field Spell Cards) to activate and to resolve this card's effects. you cannot Special Summon Monsters from your Extra Deck.

Here is my entry.

[spoiler='Dark Steed, Apocolypsys']v6j2ol.jpg

3 Level 6 DARK monsters

When this card is Xyz Summoned, you can target 1 face-up LIGHT monster your opponent controls: destroy that target, and if you do, inflict damage equal to half of that target’s original ATK to your opponent. Once per turn, you can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card: Level 4 or lower DARK monsters you control can attack twice until the End Phase. Detach 3 Xyz Material from this card: Level 4 or lower DARK monsters you control can attack directly, until the End Phase.[/spoiler]

Fixed a mistake and redid a part of the wording that seemed a bit weird.

GlDJAnP.jpg

1 "Spirit Beast Tamer" monster + 1 "Noble Spirit Beast" monster

Must be Special Summoned (from your Extra Deck) by banishing the above cards you control, and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways (You do not use "Polymerisation"). When this card is Special Summoned: You can target Set Spell/Trap Cards on the field, up to the number of "Spirit Beast" Fusion Monsters with different names in your Extra Deck; Shuffle them into the deck. During either player's turn: You can return this card to the Extra Deck, then target 1 of your banished "Spirit Beast Tamer" monsters and 1 of your banished "Noble Spirit Beast" monsters; Special Summon them in Defense Position.

Haizum, Steed of Gabriel

LIGHT
Level 7

Fairy/Effect

You can Special Summon this card (from your hand) by banishing 2 LIGHT monsters you control. During either player's turn, when this card is targeted by a card or effect: You can target one of your banished LIGHT monsters, then shuffle it into your deck; Banish this card until your next Standby Phase.

2500 ATK/1800 DEF

Originally was going to make a Pegasus card-the original child of Poseidon and Medusa, not a generic pegasus-but all of my ideas felt like Magic cards. So I looked up Mythological Horses and found Haizum. He is a fiery, spiritual white pegasus that God gave to Gabriel that can quickly travel between planes of existence. I was split between making it a Winged Beast and a Fairy, but I wanted it to be supported by The Sanctuary in the Sky because it seems to be a Heaven analog so I went Fairy.

Lets do this.  Keeping with my soft spot for Mecha Phantom Beasts:

Mecha Phantom Beast Uniytsa

WIND

Level 5

2100 ATK / 1000 DEF

Machine/Synchro/Effect

1 "Mecha Phantom Beast" Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner monsters

When this card is Summoned, if your opponent controls more non-Token monsters than you do: You can Special Summon any number of  "Mecha Phantom Beast Tokens" (Machine-Type/WIND/Level 3/ATK 0/DEF 0) up to the difference.  During the turn this card is Summoned: Other "Mecha Phantom Beast" monsters and Tokens are unaffected by you opponent's card effects that do not target them.  You can Tribute 2 Tokens; Special Summon 1 "Mecha Phantom Beast" monster from your hand or Deck.  You can only use this effect of "Mecha Phantom Beast Uniytsa" once per turn.

Some background:

• Name and potential art (because finding original sorta mecha phantom beast art is really hard) come from the merger of "Unicorn" and a Yakovlev Yak-3U WWII Soviet Fighter plane, which was given the nickname "убийца" (Ubiytsa by our alphabet) which translates to "Killer" in Russian
  • This card is designed to do one thing: build fast and consistent combos.
  • The synchros of mecha phantom beasts all give some sort of protection to other MPB cards except itself, so I went with general torrential protection since this card is mainly for combos
  • Made it level 5 so that it can easily be made with Olion + a token
  • Somewhat unintentional, but all MPB Extra Deck monsters (and for some reason Kalgriffin) have been mythical beasts, so this card lines up with that.

EDIT: Fixed some minor spelling errors

EDIT2: Added ATK and DEF that I somehow managed to forget.  Once again TY CuriousHeartless

The Progenitor, just thought I'd be nice and point out that you forgot the ATK and DEF of Uniytsa.

Also, it's not very important, but why am I listed as CuriousHeartlessness in the third post and not CuriousHeartless?

Wow how could I forget something like that.  Thank you so much.  Updating now.

Archived