[ IC ] Hotel Atlantica

Lunar Origins

3PlD1Dt.pngThe Beach Party, Part 1

3PlD1Dt.png

Elsie slunk around the sandy beach, looking for a perfect opportunity to strike.  For a six foot four mermaid with legs, she was surprisingly stealthy, and she hid behind a rock.  She peeked her head over the top, surveying the current battlefield.  Three targets, three victims.

She gracefully leaped over the top of the rock, flipping through the air.  With a quick flick of her wrist, three water-shaped shurikens emerged, seemingly from the air, each about the size of a large dinner plates.  They seemed solid enough, but would pop like water balloons on contact, drenching her targets.

She landed on the ground.  She was dressed in a beautiful one-piece swimming suit, with lots of flowing portions of cloth coming off each section.  Wrapped around her face was a bandana, hiding her fearsome teeth.

"Pow, pow, pow!  You guys are nothing but urchins, meet the real mistress of the sea!" she barked, obviously trying to hide a giggle at the end.  It had been ages since she had last had a water fight, and she wanted to enjoy this one to the fullest.

3PlD1Dt.png

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As the sun broke the horizon the blankets in a very orientally decorated room began to stir. This stirring was caused by none other than Xiaodan Wai, better known as Xiao. Poking her head out from under the covers she smiled as if greeting the faint sunlight coming from the thin curtains. Slowly slipping out of her bed the alchemist slowly opened the curtains to reveal a beautiful view of Mu's ocean illuminated by the recently risen sun. 

Xiao was surprised to see though that many of the hotel's employee's were already bustling about. Usually she was up before many of them began their shifts, though those penguin things seemed to always be around. 

"Hmm, they looked so flustered, I wonder what's going on," Xiao stared befuddled for a few more moments before remembering, "Oh that's right, there opening that new wing aren't they. No wonder they're so busy."

Stripping off her night gown Xiao ventured into her room shower, turning the knob allowing the warm water to wash over her tired body. Once finished Xiao dressed putting a small Chinese style dress before walking out of her hotel room's door. 

------

Walking down Mu's streets reminded Xiao how much she enjoyed the foreign planet. She remembered the first day she had come here from the planet Earth. Xiao giggled to herself remembering what a wild adventure it had been. You know, she thought to herself, I never did figure out how to work that teleportation spell properly.

"Oh my," Xiao sighed looking at her watch, "I'll miss the opening ceremony if I don't hurry back."

------

In the middle of Artemisia vi Leviathan's speech nobody noticed the very plain looking Chinese woman sneaking in at the back of the crowd. What they did notice though was when the middle daughter of the Leviathans crashed down from the sky turning the speech podium into mere splinters. 

"Oh dear, well that certainly escalated quickly," Xiao said resting her cheek in her hand as the young girl shot the centaur with one of her large guns... with the centaur promptly returning fire, "my, my I think this is all a bit child-ish for me." The alchemist then proceeded to walk through the warzone dodging, or repelling, any stray streams of water that headed in her direction. Finally arriving at her destination, the ruined podium, the Chinese woman bent down picking up a bottle and glass of the undamaged booze, and pouring herself a glass.

Finished she elected to sit herself down next to the fallen Artemisia fashioning the broken wood into a chair-like structure before turning to the young Leviathan woman.

"Would you like a glass?" The alchemist asked off-handed offering the bottle, before drinking her own glass.

It was his off day, which was rare considering he never worked very hard to begin with therefore every day was an off day. However, he took it without argument. It was finally time to set up his stand once again at the local farmer's market, where his freshly-grown crops could be worth something more than just an average paycheck. Giddiness took over him as he held back the temptation to skip down the road where people walked by with curious eyes on his outfit alone. That, and the fact that he was pushing a whole buggy full of crops, which might cause a mess if a single bump spirals it into the road.

"Oh, this is so exciting!" Frank said under his breath, "It's only been like a year, but I can't wait!"

He reached a turn where he would cross the street at a stoplight, where several others either walked the same or the opposite direction. To his surprise, however, he noticed the people around him scurried to make a gap where Frank stood, confused. Not more than a second went by before he was met with a blaring car horn, which was the last thing he heard before feeling his spleen crushed along with his entire body losing all feeling and his vision going black. He remained in a state of nothingness, unable to regret crossing the street at the wrong time.

-----

What was actually several hours passed by in seconds. Frank woke up to a bright light with his vision slowly clearing up what was blurry beforehand. Is he being greeted by an angel? No. Instead he was greeted by something similar. A beautiful woman with a white robe and headband looked down on him with eyes that sparkled with each blink.

"Oh, you're awake. That's good. I'm surprised you were able to recover so quickly." Her voice was majestic, and it comforted Frank to full consciousness, albeit still in a state of confusion. It took him a good while to realize that he was hit by a car given the pain in his legs. The pain made him groan, which made the nurse lightly put a hand on his shoulder, "Calm down. Your legs aren't fully healed yet. You should lie down for a while longer." Frank did so as if her voice put some sort of spell on him. Closing his eyes, he slept a while longer, waking up to healed legs that were ready for rehab, which did not take long. Within hours, he was on his feet again, headed back to the farmer's market before realizing that his cart was confiscated.

"Damn. To think I was so excited for it after this long..." Frank had his head drooped with hands in his shirt pocket as he slowly walked back to his current place of employment, "I dunno, maybe everyone will wonder where I've been? Throw a welcome party?" The thought crushed him inside, "Nah, who am I kidding? I isolate myself enough as it is. Heck, the only people I feel comfortable talking to are the plants, but it just feels... wrong." One last turn gave him the first view of the hotel that he's had in... hours. He sighed, walking down the entry road where he was greeted by one of the batches of flowers by the main doors.

"Well, look who it is?" they heckled, almost singingly, "Glad you could come back. We thought you finally ran away from this place."

"Finally?" Frank raised a brow, "you're implying this place is a bad place to work?"

"Work..." the flowers sighed, "If only we knew that the way you do. All we do is sit around, having water poured on us occasionally, and get peed on by that dog."

"Oh, does Caleb piss on you?" Frank laughed, making the flowers groan with frustration.

"It's not funny! He used to be human, so why can't he use a gosh darn toilet once in a while?"

"Cause he has no thumbs, so he can't flush."

"It's a hotel! Nobody flushes!"

"Well, that's why I'm here." Frank walked on, almost ignoring the last harsh remarks by the flowers. He only smiled, chuckling through his nose as he was greeted by the old tree by the restaurant.

"Where'd you go off to?" it asked, "...and what happened to your leg? An accident?"

"You can say that," Frank replied, "Someone was in a bit of a hurry."

"No kidding. Anyway, if you're looking for everyone else, they're at the beach. I heard there's a festival going on or something."

"Really? Sounds like fun."

"Indeed. Boy, if I were human... or at least planted near there. All the girls in bikinis..."

Frank coughed to cover up the gag in his throat, "Alright, keep your wood on ya." Frank's last words led him to walk straight to the beach in the clothes he wore now. Upon arriving, he saw that everyone was gathered by some sort of podium, water-guns out. As he neared the scene, he said "hey guys, what's u-" before crossing the line of fire between Gol and Lexi, which turned the chest area of his shirt a shade darker as he held the same greeting expression for a solid second, which later turned into a lip curl.

Shane Issacs stood on top of a hovering disk, floating above the chaos beneath him. If anyone were to look up at him they might wonder why the man was wearing a lab coat to the beach. Shane would remind them that a beach is just another place where science happens.

"My my my isn't this a lively place...and so many different specimens. That centaur there, I bet his body could handle many kinds of enhancements. I'm sure I could make a fine warrior out of him...or a fine anything, no reason to be so boring. He might protest but he'd get used to it..."

He reached into his pocket and pulled out a sucker. "And all these dragons. Such long lives. Such powerful magic. I'd sure love to see what's inside....that cadaver the old man got for me was far too dessicated to serve any purpose. These though, these are perfect. The breakthroughs I could make...The little ones would be easy to experiment with....."

Shane watched Camille's mad dash away from some man, and smiled as he turned invisible. The smile vanished when he noticed where Camille reappeared, and how.

"Looks like the invisibility generator needs work...stupid boy doesn't he understand how expensive that equipment was?" Shane shook his head, biting into the sucker to calm his anger.

"Now where did that AI go off to I wonder? Now that's one I wouldn't mind learning more about. That boy seems to be close to it in a way, maybe he can be of use after all. Would be a nice test of my device, and there is bound to be so much information inside..."

Shane hovered higher, avoiding the water splashing around.

"Mermaid hmmm....such a unique species. I wonder.....what could I do to transform a mermaid into a full fish...that's quite the interesting problem. I'll have to look into that....." Suddenly he broke into a wide grin. "I am going to have so much to do here! Where should I start...."

3PlD1Dt.png

Hotel Atlantica - Restaurant (An hour or so ago)
Sirenai had just tossed a fish in the air and was waiting with her mouth open to catch it when she felt a presence running towards her general direction. When she turned, she realized the presence's target was not her, but her older sister, Lexi. Inevitably, the fish came back down as well, landing on her head with a meaty plop, causing her to flinch in surprise, before she grabbed it, finishing it in a few bites. She was more interested in what was happening in front of her though, although she didn't understand why it was happening. The person that had been running to Lexi was the girl who sneezed and vanished a lot, although she was crying and hugging Lexi at the moment. Looking back at the plate full of her breakfast and the sobbing girl, she almost comically leaned on her palm, trying to weigh the two possible decisions, before deciding that her older sister was managing this well enough, and she turned back to her food.

At that moment, one of the maids - Camille, was it? - had ran over to Lexi and Lizzie, trying to console them, but seeing Elsie leaving, Sirenai decided to try following after her. Upon hearing a voice she knew all too well though, Sirenai decided it would be better to stay seated and finish her breakfast, for that was her mother's voice. Inevitably, as a result of her joking and playful nature, she got in trouble with her mother occasionally, and judging from the tone of voice Ouroboros was using right now, interfering would be a bad idea.

Pretending she didn't notice, she simply finished savoring the rest of her breakfast, before wandering around until the hotel would finally open to the public.

Hotel Atlantica - Beach Area (Back to present)
Sirenai eagerly listened to her older sister attempt to make a grand opening speech, giggling at all the mishaps that popped up along the way. Artemisia's next words appealed a lot more to the young, fun-loving girl of the Leviathans though.

"Anyway. Who's up for an all-you-can-eat beach party?!"

She was about to cheer and raise her hand up, when she got a splash of champagne to her face, causing her to flounder for a moment. Luckily, she hadn't ingested any. Lexi made her dramatic entrance at that very moment, quite literally dropping in - on top of Artemisia. Brandishing two massive magitek water guns, Lexi started opening fire. Sirenai's fun-loving competitive spirit started burning, and even getting drenched by a water balloon launched from a cannon wouldn't cool it off. Forgoing the magitek guns, Sirenai opted for a much more direct option.

"WATER RULERRRRR!"

At her command, the ocean itself followed. The beach was the perfect place for a water fight, as the ocean was in a highly close proximity. Looking for a suitable target, Sirenai's eager eyes locked onto a man dressed up all in a lab coat floating in the sky. Today was a fun day, and she thought everyone should enjoy it, and not have to be all dressed up in stuffy clothing. When she saw he was hovering above the ocean, she smiled until it looked like she was bursting with joy. Sweeping her arms towards the man in a huge and dramatic gesture, the ocean followed with a massive wave, completely enveloping the man and knocking him off his saucer. Sirenai quickly realized she overdid it though, but instead of holding the wave back, which would be a lot of work, she just reduced the force, so it wouldn't smash into the newly reopened hotel - which would get her an earful from her mother.

At the rate it was going though, as the wave swept towards the beach, anyone within almost the entire podium region would be completely drenched if they didn't move. Giggling loudly, the youngest of the Leviathan family spread open her arms, waiting to embrace the rush of water that would soon strike.

Surprisingly, Artemisia seemed unhinged even after being quite literally crushed by her sister, instead simply letting out a small laugh as her body is buried under a pile of what used to be her podium and Lexi's miniscule body. Even after Lexi had already sprung up and opened fire on innocent civilians, Artemisia elected to lay down in the rubble, looking at the clear blue sky and listening to the lovely sounds of... Horror and wetness, most likely. Off the corner of her eye, she can notice a guest walking towards her and she immediately got in an easier position to stand up from.

The guest walked over to her, or rather, her vintage bottle of champagne and poured a glass for herself, while also using the pile of rubble as some kind of makeshift chair. Immediately, she stood up and brushed off the dust on her, in an attempt to make herself look presentable towards a guest. "Would you like a glass?" The guest asked. "Of course. I'm always up for a drink." She created another portal and used it to summon an umbrella table, a folding steel chair and a martini glass she poured the glass of champagne into. She is now literally holding a small noon chat under an umbrella table with a guest amidst a war zone.

"So, are you enjoying your time at Atlantica, miss?" She said calmly, sipping her glass while casually teleporting away a stray water balloon from Gol with her free hand.

"I see. Would you say that I did a great job there? Not too bad, right~?" She asks again, this time summoning a large portal behind her back that teleports away several shots from Camille's minigun, without even looking at it.

"Cool." Another stray water balloon gets teleported away. "I hope to see you again at tonight's happy hour, by the way~" Lexi aimed her water sniper at Arte's head, but that, too gets teleported away.

"It's a beautiful day, isn't it?" She closed her eyes for a bit, which proved to be fatal as she actually got hit by a stray water balloon square in the face, causing her to recoil back, rolling several times on the sand before landing safely in Spitfire's arms.

"Whoa there. Are you alright?"

"I'm fine. But... Seems like they won't let me chill, so I might as well join in." She got off her boyfriend's arms and spread her arms. "Spit, commence aerial position." Upon his girl's command, Lucius wrapped his arms around Artemisia's shoulders, spread his wings and took her up several feet above the rest.

"I am the bone of my alcohol

Beer is my body and Whiskey is my blood

I have created over a Thousand Wine Glasses

Unknown to Hangovers, nor known to Sobriety

Have withstood pain to drink many Bottles

Yet this throat will never be satisfied

So as I pray-"

Artemisia clapped her hands and spread it wide again, creating a massive portal in the sky that blocks the sun. Lucius on the other hand can only sigh at the ensuing madness.

"UNLIMITED BOOZE WORKS!"

She shouted at the top of her lungs, and at her command, countless bottles of liquor appeared from the portal and sprayed its innards to pretty much everyone on the beach. Scotch, beer, whiskey, malt, wine, everything. Every bottle of alcohol she ever came across sprayed onto everyone on the beach. Coincidentally, the portal also canceled out Renai's approaching tsunami, even though it's not what she intended to do.

Lexi, being the durable, indomitable Leviathan girl she was, bounced right back after being hit head-on with a powerful water balloon, though she decided maybe she would take a strategic retreat for now and get in some more cheap shots on the centaur maitre d' later. Instead, she started aiming for others, including hitting that mean-looking man on the UFO. It was then which a large tidal wave hit, catching her by surprise and knocking her back, and then her eldest sister opened fire with... booze.

Lexi could hunt whales and krakens without a problem.

She could warp reality and potential even cover the entire world with severe weather effects.

Booze? No, she could not hold her drink at all. Catching even just a little of the alcohol in her mouth, her vision, her cheeks flushed, and she started swaying side to side as she walked. And it was then which everything else started swaying along with her. Her powers were enhanced when intoxicated, and everything that came to mind in her drunken state would come to be in real life as her reality warping powers went wild. Unable to walk straight, the entire beach started shifting instead, correcting her path, while making everyone else lose their balance instead.

"Whoooo! Everyone's walking weird! Hic!"

And then an idea formed in her head, just as cotton candy clouds formed in the sky.

"Let's make this a festival! Hic!"

She stood up, on a rising mountain of sand as it formed an upward spiraling whirlpool beneath her feet. She took a grand stance, and raised her hand to the sky. It was then she reenacted a scene of biblical importance.

"LET THERE BE.... OCTOPUSES!!!!"

And with that immortal octopuses, and takoyaki fell from the cotton candy sky.

---

Artemisia's horribad speech was weird enough for Cher, who was expecting either of the two mother dragons to be the one that performed the speech. Not to mention, the way she ended it just felt plain wrong. See, starting a beach party's not inherently bad, but Cher felt how Artemisia did it, as a ridiculous attempt of a saving throw to her disastrous speech just felt insulting on this occasion. Still, she did bring booze around, so it's not really too bad. Cher could probably start enjoying the beach party at least-

"...What?"

Just as Cher thought that the beach party would at least go with relatively no weirdness, the younger sister of the Leviathans, Alexandra, crashed into Artemisia before brandishing a big rifle to fire at a centaur, though apparently it's just water. And before Cher could really react to everything that happened, a full-on waterfight had started around them, though at least so far they managed to get their expensive suit intact from all the blasts of water, via masterful dodging skill of course. But then...

"UNLIMITED WATER WORKS!"

Suddenly, out of practically nowhere, Artemisia summoned uncountable amount of various type of alcoholic drinks, and blasted everyone in her vicinity with it. Cher, who completely didn't expect Artemisia to do that, didn't manage to dodge the blast, and got knocked back by the blast, which of course, ruined their suit.

"...Give me a break, will you? If you want to declare war, then I shall comply with delight."

Sighing, Cher started to get undressed completely right on the spot where she currently was, before they ran straight towards Baldr's weapon stand, getting as many weapons as they could. Brandishing two 2.5 meter cannons on each of their hands, Cher decided that the best course of action now was to assault Artemisia first.

"This is for giving that sad excuse of a speech! Hyper Mega Water Launcher!" Cher shouted, as they was firing a huge continuous stream of water from their two cannons straight at the eldest daughter of the Leviathans.

"This is for...where the hell is that "all you can eat buffet?"" The other guns strapped on their back was now joining the firing session, firing waves after waves of water bullets to try hitting anyone standing in front of them, including Arte and a woman sitting near them.

"And this...is for ruining my suit!" But before Cher could actually continue the attack, a gigantic water fist slammed them from above, knocking them unconscious.

"Ara, ara~ What a mess.

GIANT FISTS FOR EVERYONE!"

Elsa, who was now completely intoxicated after a dozen bottles of booze, laughed for a bit after seeing that her attack was working well, before forming more and more giant water fists from the sea water and launching them to everyone.

One thing Caleb should have remembered is that things are never all that straightforward or simple at the Hotel Atlantica. Just as he was reaching the water's edge he turned back to see what had become of the water gun fight that had broken out. Right as he turned to face forward again the large wave Sirenai had created crashed straight into him and knocked him back a ways towards the podium. Needless to say he was slightly confused. Standing up he was now completely soaked and covered in sand. Almost instinctively he shook himself to try and get some of the water off.

The confusion wasn't over. Artemisa began speaking and what seemed like endless amounts of alcohol poured out onto the beach soaking Caleb again. Shortly after Tiamat had joined in the water fight and seemed to be hurting people though probably unintentionally. Looking around Caleb noticed he was nearby Lexi which at first made him brace himself for a hug. Instead he found something was off about her. Suddenly the sand beneath her feet was rising, strange clouds were forming and... octopi were falling from the sky? That was a new one.

Almost without thinking Caleb jumped onto the rising sand pile and attempted to scale it up to Lexi. It proved quite difficult and his progress was slow. Had he the chance to think on it he might have called himself crazy but now helping Lexi calm down seemed to be an important priority. How he intended to do that he had no idea. Maybe just being there would be enough of a distraction.

"Lexi!" he called out. An octopus fell nearby, startling and interrupting him. "Lexi, whatever's going on you've gotta stop it!". 

As soon as the microphone feedback was cleared up, Kaze had enough of the "beach party" already. It was hot out, the guests were loud and rowdy, and Artemisia had no idea what she was doing. Kaze quickly stood up and walked away from the crowd, her body shrinking down as she got further away, leaving her back in her bird form as she took off into the air.

"Urgh, beach parties are not for me..."

Kaze sighed as she gained altitude, watching from the skies as Artemisia finished her speech.

"Anyway. Who's up for an all-you-can-eat beach party?!" 

Kaze soared around the stage, keeping an eye out as people moved around, booze appearing and spraying into the audience. "I'm glad I got out before that happened... Any booze on my wings and I wouldn't be able to fly..." Kaze gained more height over the audience, watching as the crowded dispersed around the beach a bit. She couldn't help but giggle as she watched Camille shove a man against a table and run away, getting a idea of what happened as the obviously already drunk man attempted to get back up.

And then she noticed Lexi jump onto the stage, holding a large rifle and beginning to scream. 

"I declare war! Die before the might of Alexandria vi Leviathan!"

Kaze immediately circled back around to get a better watch on the events unfolding, as Lexi began to shoot into the crowd, soaking the centaur warlord, and Kaze knew things were about to go down as the warlord stood up once again, holding a large cannon which he fired. But the large shot of water never reached Lexi, instead it burst before it got to her, revealing Camille had jumped into the shot, sending him flying backwards. "Silly girl, that wasn't very smart Camille..."

But Kaze quickly lost track of what was happening as Artemisia stood up, being assisted into the air and opening a portal. Countless bottles of alcohol burst forth, covering the beach, and Kaze as she flew by, with alcohol, drenching her wings with the substance, reducing her ability to stay in the air. She began to descend, only for a large octopus to crash into her wing as it fell, leaving her unable to control her flight anymore as her wing broke and her path towards the ground set.

She had still been nose-deep into her personal project when she heard the frantic knocking upon the iron door, recognizing the sound of flippers connecting with metal in rapid succession. The fact that one even dared to approach this room was something worth noting, so Tesability stopped what she was doing and jumped into the wirings, appearing on the other side of the door through the hologram projector over the door.

There was a blue Pengie outside her door and it was frantic, waving its flippers about as it tried to relay to the NetMonster what happened, making her more and more glad for finishing the translation program when she did. It's proven useful so far, especially when having to figure out brand-new languages as well...however, what she was getting was making her wonder if the program needs more work.

A wave of alcohol?

Fists of water?

Falling octopi and takoyaki?

A strange man floating in the sky getting hit with a lot of things?

This was so stupid to make up, she felt she just had to check it out. Telling the Pengie she will check it out in their language, Tesability appeared to vanish from view, flying fast through the wires of the hotel to appear at a hologram projector just outside of the hotel...

...which allowed her to lay witness to the madness that was going on at the beach shore.

"What in Bill Gate's name is going on here?!" Unlike the other projectors in the hotel, this one had a hell of a range to it, allowing her to fly to the beachline without worry about suddenly disappearing, before stopping in the center of the craziness as things just went right through her and shouted as loudly as she could...which was pretty damned loud, all things considered. "Alright, cease and desist this madness! What happened here?!"

"Of course. I'm always up for a drink." The eldest Leviathan daughter replied, teleporting a small umbrella table for them to sit at. "So, are you enjoying your time at Atlantica, miss?" Artemisia asked, and without even breaking her glance with Xiao opened a portal teleporting one of the centaur's water balloons to who knew were.

"I'm having quite the time at this lovely hotel, if I'm not mistaken you're Artemisia vi Leviathan, the oldest daughter of the owner of this hotel, yes? You know that was quite impressive what you did with that water balloon if I do say so myself," Xiao replied chuckling. 

"I see. Would you say that I did a great job there? Not too bad, right~?" She asks again, this time summoning a large portal behind her back that teleports away several shots from Camille's minigun, without even looking at it.

"Well... I must say, it's certainly a unique to kick things off," Xiao said, giggling as she deflected some streams of water that flew in her direction, "By the way my name is Xiaodan Wai, though most just call me Xiao." 

"Cool." Another stray water balloon gets teleported away. "I hope to see you again at tonight's happy hour, by the way~" Lexi aimed her water sniper at Arte's head, but that, too gets teleported away.

"Hahahaha~ I wouldn't miss it!" Xiao laughed heartily. 

"It's a beautiful day, isn't it?" She closed her eyes for a bit, which proved to be fatal as she actually got hit by a stray water balloon square in the face, causing her to recoil back, rolling several times on the sand before landing safely in Spitfire's arms.

"Oh! My, my so many unique people live at this hotel," Xiao brought her hand to her mouth at the sight of the fiery haired angel, Xiao watched as the angel carried the Leviathan girl high upon into the air. The alchemist only moved under the umbrella just in time to avoid getting hit by the booze that rained down, though she couldn't resist sticking her glass out to catch some of the falling alcohol. 

Using her magic to float the umbrella from the table over Xiao looked on amused to giant streams of water flew towards Artemisia and by extension herself. Spinning her finger in a circular motion causing it to become a large spinning typhoon. This typhoon surrounded Xiao as she began to float in its center pulling as many as she could into the vortex before releasing her hold on the typhoon creating a small flood in the courtyard before floating down to the ground. 

"My, my," Xiao chuckled looking at the soaking wet ground, "it seems that I caused a bit of a mess. Ooops."

Madness rather quickly broke out around the Centaur Warlord, who was beginning to realize that he did not currently have enough firepower, or water power, to deal with the current situation.  Not one to back down when force failed him at first, Gol'Rahkka discarded his cannon only for it to vanish into a portal very similar to the one it had appeared through at first.  Standing in the midst of the chaos of the battlefield, as was his preferred place to be, he simply crossed his arms over his chest as the massive amounts of water-based ordnance came crashing down on all sides, and Octopi and fried treats fell from the skies above.

"It seems that more than just Alexandria require a lesson today," he began calmly as many more of those portals opened up around him and from them emerged the muzzles of hundreds of different sorts of water-based weapons.  "Lucky for you, I am more than happy to oblige!" He laughed aloud as the sounds of all those many weapons preparing to fire could be heard around him on all sides, and he was about to unleash a truly punishing display of force.

"What in Bill Gates' name is going on here?!"  At least until the hotel's resident AI decided to shout loudly enough that the Ancestors Beyond could hear her, and promptly ruined the fun with her next proclamation.  "Alright, cease and desist this madness!  What happened here?!"  It was with a long, agitated sigh that Gol'Rahkka put away one of his preferred methods of utilizing magic in a combative way and approached the projected image of the young dragon.

"Miss Black," he started in a much calmer tone than he had shown while in the midst of the conflict, "we were merely engaging in a bit of lighthearted fun.  The reason there seems to be so much chaos around us is the fact that many of those involved are exceptionally powerful, and thus cut loose in ways beyond what might seem sane to those without such exceptional levels of power.  Really, it's nothing to worry-" he was cut off as a live octopus landed with a wet smack upon his head, its tentacles draping down over his face.  Another long sigh, this one accompanied by the trembling of barely contained rage, escaped the centaur as he grabbed the thing by its hood, pulled it forcefully off of his head, leaving more than a few marks from suckers in the process, and hurled it behind him into the sea.  Let's just say the thing flew far enough that it's unlikely anyone on the shore could make out the splash of it against the ocean's surface.

"Dance suckers dance!" Cam was enjoying this far more than he expected to. Once he put it into his head it was like a game there was no stopping him. His shots seemed to be firing wildly but he hit each and every target as he dodged around guests and tables and even penguins to avoid any counter attack. He felt energized, this was the rush he got from arcade games, and he was LOVING it.....That is until the smallest of the dragon children decided to use the entire ocean as her weapon.

Cam started coming up with a way to counter or avoid it....when he was suddenly showered with alcohol....and then bowled over by a barrage of octopuses. The utter madness of the attack knocked Camille straight out of his gamer's high and he looked around in shock at the scene unfolding around him.

Everywhere he looked, chaos. Guests were either trying their best to hide from the mayhem, or joining in.

Watching as a young child wandered away from their parents, into the heart of the chaos, Camille snapped into action. Rushing forward he scooped up the child just as she was about to be trampled by a very large and very angry guest.

Camille brought the child back to her parents and went back into the maelstrom, looking for other similarly in-danger guests.

He noticed Caleb heading towards Lexi, who Cam realized then must be the cause of these octopuses that keep pelting him. Repressing the urge to run at the sight of the dog he re-focused on his task. "Caleb is security, he'll be able to do something about this....maybe."

Focused on her self-give task of protecting the weak from the evils of overpowered water magic and octopuses, Camille was startled by the sudden appearance of Tes. "Alright, cease and desist this madness! What happened here?!"

"Maybe her cheating ways will come in handy this time...." Camille couldn't worry about that now though. Instead he had to worry about the realization that they really had no plan for when the dragons got out of hand...."Wait was that...what would dad be doing here? And what does he want with...."

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Shane was far too busy thinking of all the ways he could dissect, take apart, and rebuild most of the guests he didn't even realize the wave of water was crashing down on him until it was too late.

Driven off his hover-disk Shane fell face-first into a remarkably life-like sand sculpture of what appeared to be dolphin intercourse.

After trying and failing to explain to the angry troll whose sculpture he ruined that the water would have just destroyed it, or the alcohol shower that proceeded it, Shane decided to go with the more direct method of tranquilizing her with a syringe-full of some kind of dark substance. This didn't totally stop her but it did make her sluggish enough that Shane was able to slip away.

"Now then, that is quite enough silliness for...." And that's when the octopus rain fell. Instead of being angered at this he became fascinated. "Oho, wait a moment. Water control, alcohol storm, octopus rain...if the data I collected before coming here is correct these just might be caused by the dragon daughters. HOW UTTERLY INTRIGUING!"

Shane broke into a wide smile, these dragons were even more unique than he expected. He was even more intent on disection now. "Where to start....The young one, she's the one who attacked me. The old man always did tell me to collect on any debt in anyway I could...now where is she...."

Spotting the child-like creature he approached her calmly, a surprisingly sincere smile on his face. He ignored the AI's appearance, though he filed away several ideas about that one as well. "Hello child, that was quite something, I find myself very curious as to how it works."

While she was not in her physical body, but instead a form created by light, Tesability did not need it to maintain the combat senses her particular group of creatures were all created with. She soon found herself turning to face the man mentioned by the Pengies in the lab coat approaching one of the vi Leviathan children with a tone of voice the Champion did not like in the slightest...sounded almost-predatory.

"Sir," she called out toward the man as Tesability flew up toward the pair, the white dots on her pitch-black eyes trained on the strange male. "As of now, it is ill-advised to approach her in this state. For your safety, I'd suggest maintaining your distance."

At this point did another octopus decide right through the AI's projected form, which prompted the white dots on her eyes to suddenly roll up toward the sky, as if doing a rather-human eyeroll in annoyance.

Fortunately, Caleb's cry got through to Lexi. Unfortunately, her method of stopping it was-

"YEEEEESSSHHHH! OCTOPUS WILL STOP IT! BLAROGHIADKJAGLH!" Throwing up a fist again, the cotton candy clouds started converging and spinning like a hurricane. The multi-coloured lightning flashed and the entire beach rumbled. "GURGLAEIGHOADKGHAK!! ALL HAIL THE SKY KRAKEN!!"

"Oh dear, this doesn't look good. At all," thought Baldr, staring to the heavens for the advent of the tentacled Lovecraftian manifestation of Lexi's insanity. It looked like giant sea serpents were emerging from the clouds, as the almighty sky kraken flailed about.

"RAWROJTOSHGIDOSGLS!!" screamed the sky kraken.

"FOSIGHIDISOIGJDSO!" cried Lexi back up at it, apparently understanding.

"AWRAWGOOORSLHOOOSOGLSHOA!!!"

And for Lexi, everything went black as the massive sky kraken fell on top of all the troublemakers, its tentacles reaching out and hitting all of them. Soon, the octopuses and the kraken started dematerializing, leaving only a group of very bewildered guests and staff lying on the beach still covered in booze.

Baldr sighed, having avoided everything by staying inside the weapons kiosk, he was perfectly fine and had all his wits about him. Walking outside, he tore off his scarf, suddenly making his presence known to all on the beach. A large screen popped up. "And with that, we can proceed with an ordinary beach party, thank you very much."

~TIMESKIP~

The windows of the train showed a plethora of sights, such as fish, dolphins, seaweed, and coral. It was too bad that at the speed the train was going, most of those objects passed by in a blur.

A young cockatrice glanced around the inside of the train car, letting out a low trill of boredom. There were a few other passengers, but he wasn't sure if they were heading to the same place he was or not. He glanced at the gigantic cactus strapped into the bubble chair beside him. Yes, it was all right. He glanced around some more. The interior was quite elegant and somewhat nautical in style, the windows being more akin to portholes than the rectangles he was used to.

A calm, feminine voice rang throughout the car: "Hotel Atlantica Station. Connect here to..."

Ignoring the rest of the words, he undid the buckle strapping him in as well as the one holding the cactus in place. Using his wings to somehow hold the cactus (it was a talent he had learned over the years), the cockatrice hopped off the chair and onto the carpet flooring of the train. Luxury. He could never quite get used to it. Or at least the chicken side couldn't.

Cashew the chicken was a creature of simple pleasures and simple tastes. It didn't matter if it was dirt or a Persian rug underneath his claws, as long as it held him upright. Percy the snake, however, much appreciated what he termed "the finer things in life." The odd duo made for one strange entity called Casper.

When he stepped off the train and left the station, Casper's eyes brightened. "What lovely architecture! Reminiscent of the ancient Mu Greco-Roman style! And the environment! Lovely! I cannot wait to see the rest of this place!" Percy praised.

The cockatrice walked up to the hotel itself, the snake admiring the elegant appearance, the chicken just wondering if there was anything to eat in this place.

3PlD1Dt.png

Hotel Atlantica - Beach
Soon after Sirenai had created a tsunami to try to hit the poor sap floating on some sort of hoverboard, Artemisia had let loose a flood of her own, except this one consisted of various alcoholic drinks spraying everywhere. She knew Lexi had a power to control nature to an extent based off her feelings, and upon realizing that there was alcohol everywhere, Sirenai started dancing around excitedly, wondering what would happen.

Sure enough, it didn't disappoint her. Lexi had created cotton candy clouds as well as a rain of octopi and takoyaki. Cheering loudly at seeing a huge abundance of her favorite food, Sirenai started running around in circles trying to collect as much takoyaki as she could, as well as a few of the octopi, gulping them down in seconds. When she felt the octopi squirming around inside her belly, she realized they were probably enchanted or immortal or something of the sort, and she frowned.

As the water fight continued to devolve, she noticed a familiar face sending fists of pressurized water flying at people. Waving out and jumping around, she yelled, trying to catch her attention, although her voice didn't pierce through the drunken haze the aforementioned familiar face was in.

"Auntie Tia! Aunt Tia!!"

When a waterspout suddenly erupted in the middle of the beach, Sirenai's attention peaked, acting as if she was a child on Christmas, completely ignoring the resident AI's call to cease and desist. Looking for the person who did it, she was about to run over when she had located the person, but she was stopped by a strange man's words.

Turning around, she saw it was the man she had knocked off the hoverboard thing with her giant wave. Nervously giggling, she stuck her tongue out, trying to appear innocent, slowly edging away. When he asked about what she had did, she relaxed her guard, assuming he was just curious, beginning to excitedly tell him.

"Well you see, mister, I have this sorta fancy power thingy! I got it because my da-"

Upon noticing a presence, Sirenai stopped to face… the AI? Sirenai vaguely had a recollection that the AI was trying to get everyone to stop fighting and frowned, as she felt it was really fun. Upon hearing the AI's words though, she was confused. "Why does she want the mister to go away…?" Intrigued, Sirenai began to inspect the man, trying to see what was so special that the AI came over here personally, but upon not being able to see anything, she sighed and shrugged to herself.

Fiddling with her fingers, Sirenai was waiting around when she heard an immensely loud roar. Looking up and seeing a giant sky kraken creature, Sirenai lost interest in the duo that was nearby, instead trying to fly up and see the sky kraken up close. As a massive tentacle swung out towards her, she just barely dodged, and as other tentacles swarmed after her, Sirenai was forced to make a mad escape, flying around across the beach, as tentacles punched through the sand. Unfortunately for her fun, and maybe fortunately for her own safety and everyone else's, the giant creature started to quickly dissipate for one reason or another, and with it, the octopi and takoyaki disappeared as well.

Upon feeling the octopi and takoyaki in her stomach disappear as well, Sirenai sighed in disappointment. Thinking about all the fun she had quickly brightened her up again though, and with a smile on her face, she set out to enjoy the rest of the party.

3PlD1Dt.png

The After Party Bonfire

3PlD1Dt.png

A relative sense of peace had settled on the beaches of the Hotel Atlantica. The chaotic nature of the beach party had subsided shortly after the large kraken had fallen out of the sky. Thankfully the things Lexi had created had all vanished away. The various staff members went about cleaning up the beach and restoring order in general. Just as Baldr had stated, it quickly became what one might call a normal beach party.

The time flew by for those enjoying the first day back at Mu's island paradise. Brilliant colors began to illuminate the sky as Mu's sun began to set. Streaks of oranges and reds and pinks created a captivating sight. Many of the guests had gone back and forth in waves to set themselves up in their rooms and get out of the sun for awhile.

Low tide had set in and the beach was now quite peaceful and picturesque. There remained some activity on the beach. Though it was much more organized than what had been going on earlier. Neat stacks of wood were being piled up at three different locations along the shore, mostly by the many penguins that worked around the hotel. Just as the sun began to brush up against the horizon fire was set to all the piles of wood. Large flames shortly began shooting up and the winds began to slow their pace.

Truly a wonderful way to spend the evening of such an important day. Seeing the fires from their rooms many guests made their way back out to the shore and formed groups around the three different fires. This was a time to talk and to enjoy the beauty of Mu. The smell of food caught most everyone's attention as several grills were cooking various barbecue dishes manned by various staff members. Some brave souls had brought food of their own and attempted to cook over the large blazing flames.

3PlD1Dt.png

The Dog's Day

3PlD1Dt.png

Caleb's day had proven to be quite relaxing after the initial chaos. The kraken falling had been a pretty close call for him too. Lexi passing out had brought some semblance of order back to the party. Once he felt it was safe to move again, Caleb had carefully moved Lexi out of the sun by grabbing hold of her sleeves with his teeth and dragging her. Not exactly easy but he wanted to make sure she was okay. Quickly family and others came to ensure she would be fine.

From there Caleb went on that swim he'd been hoping to start with. It was nice to finally get the alcohol off his fur. Before it was too close to evening Caleb went back and gathered his things and walked around the property to close his shift that the party had mostly occupied. He had returned to his room to clean himself up and rest until he saw the bonfires starting on the coast.

"Hope this party's a little more under control." he muttered to himself. He began on his way to the beach again at a light jog. People had gathered around three large fires relatively close by each other. There was food cooking and people chatting. Nothing crazy happening. It seemed really nice. Caleb began looking around for people he knew but wasn't shy about saying hi to others. It felt like it was going to be a good night.

---

Even after all the mess happening on the beach, situation slowly recovered for the better after Lexi passed out, and Elsa, getting sober enough already, headed a group of penguins to clean up the beach and help anyone that got the short end of the stick during the chaotic beach party, while everyone else moved not far away to continue with a normal beach party.

After she's done with the beach restoration project, Elsa grabbed Artemisia away from the party and started to scold her about the mess she created, but Artemisia as always ignored her words. Sighing, Elsa decided to just let her alone and try finding Ouroboros, who was missing since the start of the chaos, hoping that she'd be able to drill the words better to the young heiress. As she couldn't find the old serpent, Elsa decided to return to the beach party, and enjoyed the festivities with the others.

---

Elizabeth was still very shaken after what happened that morning. Ouroboros being angry at her for no reasons, and how she was now forbidden to be close to any of the Leviathan sisters. Though, the time she spent inside the room felt like it passed rapidly for her, and when she looked outside, it was already sunset, with everyone preparing for a bonfire. Not seeing any signs of Ouroboros around, she ran away from her room, straight into the people there.

---

Cherezia, passed out after they was hit by a giant water fist, decided to return to the beach party after they had gotten over their ruined suit. Though, they're still too lazy to return to their room to get something to cover their body, and thus, there's no single thread on their body now, though they didn't care in the slightest, even though the other guests did care.

When the bonfire started, Cher sat around a big bonfire with the other peoples from the beach party who hadn't left to their rooms. After several minutes of awkward silence, Cher finally had enough, and opened their mouth.

"Not really in the position of saying anything here, but just sitting around a bonfire and cooking things are not exactly something exciting. Let's start a story session, just like I usually do back then when I'm not here."

Cher was just bored, and hearing stories wouldn't be really bad, especially compared to everyone not doing anything.

Camille was lucky enough to get out of the way of the giant...kraken beastie. He was prepared to have to rush in for whatever madness came next...but everything seemed to have calmed down. Letting out a sigh of relief Camille set out to cleaning up the mess that was made. It seemed that miraculously no one was badly injured, which couldn't be said for the inanimate objects that were broken and scattered around.

Forgetting for the time the unsettling sight of his father speaking to Renai, Cam entered work-mode, feeling for once today totally at ease.

some time later

Somehow they had managed to get bonfires started without catching the beach on fire, and things seemed to have settled into a much more relaxed and friendly atmosphere. People were chatting and joking and cooking. A few guests seemed to be good with music and were playing songs.

Camille smiled as he watched everyone. There was the child he helped, waving happily at him. Cam waved back. He noticed the troll who had nearly stepped on the child going over and apologizing.

Things were looking wonderful but the relative quiet gave Camille time to think. He thought of his father, there was only one reason he'd come to this place, and his interest in Renai only served to solidify Cam's worries. Shane Issacs was not a man you wanted interested in you. Things were going to get more stressful around here, and Camille was the only one who knew the extent of the danger that was his dad's presence. He considered talking to the Leviathans about it but he knew that if his father was in any trouble Grandpa would get involved.

And as Cam had noticed earlier that Cherezia Ranmayu Kariya  was a guest here, that would only bring much more trouble to the Leviathan family than they needed.

Camille took a deep breath. This was supposed to be a fun time, he shouldn't dwell too much on that stuff. He felt guilty suddenly, as his thoughts turned to Lizzie. She hadn't been allowed to come, while Cam was forced to. "Maybe I should check to see how she's doing...Everyone seems to be pretty busy I'm sure I could slip away." Cam nodded to himself, and set off to find Lizzie.

Shane was annoyed. He was making progress with the young dragon when the AI decided to interfere. And just before he could test his newly upgraded universal remote a kraken of all things fell on him.

Shane was annoyed. He wasn't able to get any good data before things decided to settle down, and now he had to actually interact with people.

Shane was annoyed. Cherezia was here. He knew the...thing's reputation quite well and he knew it could easily be a thorn in Shane's side.

Shane was annoyed. His son seems to not want to help him in any way. Shane expected Camille to come to him, but it looks like the boy would make Shane go to Camille instead.

Shane was annoyed. He couldn't find any sweets in his pocket.

Shane decided that the best course of action was to find something sweet to eat before he went mad. He turned to the nearest staff member. "You there, is there anything sweet around here?"

Thank Gates the storm of madness from earlier had passed away for the time being, allowing the darkness of night to fall as the bonfire became set ablaze. She felt a pull toward the front desk as someone entered the front of the building, but someone caught her attention before she could disappear out of view.

"You there, is there anything sweet around here?"

She and the stranger turned to face each other, with Tesability recognizing this guy as the one who was nuts enough to approach one of the vi Leviathan family during one of their 'episodes'. She spun in all directions after raising up into the air a bit, spotting a table that some of the Pengies were putting out various sweets...or at least she recognized some of the foods on the buffet-like table as being referred to as 'sweets'. Since she didn't eat, she had no idea why something was called either 'sweet' or 'sour' or 'bitter', she just accepted what they were referred to for future guests' sakes and moved on.

"There's a table over there with quite a few sweets, among other things over there," Tesability remarked as she pointed with a paw toward the table. "Looks like most of them are freshly-made, too. Now, if you will excuse me, I have business elsewhere." And without another word did she disappear from view...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Cursed delays...

Some formless magical entity small enought to travel through the crystalline wirings had managed to try to stop her mid-flight, though a well-placed  took care of that easily enough. She made a mental note to see if there was more of the strange creatures in the wirings after she took care of the new guest...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The holographic projector at the front desk came to life as Tesability appeared behind the counter, paws on it to appear as if she's slightly leaning upon it. A practiced smile was on her closed-eyed face, trying to appear welcoming.

"Welcome to Hotel Atlantica," the holographic black dragon began with her practiced greeting, stretching out her wings slightly as she did. "How may we...help...you...?" Tesability had opened her pitch-black eyes in time to see the chicken/snake hybrid in front of her, with the chicken looking in one way completely-uninterested and the snake looking the other way at the moment. She couldn't help but tilt her head slightly to the left at the sight, confusion and curiosity wishing to be dealt with and yet not doing so now.

"WOOOAAH! CAMPFIRE TIME!" Once more descending from the sky, because no other entrance was acceptable, the cheery second youngest Leviathan barely managed to stop before falling into the flames. "Where are the s'mores?! Story time? Story time is boring! I've heard these sorta stories a thousand times already! Let's do something fun!"

She jumped around, going to each of the people gathered there. Artemisia, Camille who suddenly left, Elsa... She seemed tempted to jump on Caleb again, but miraculously decided against it.

"Baldr sent me to get you guys, we have the perfect event for the evening... well, Baldr does." Lexi, put on a malicious smile. "A TEST OF COURAGE! C'mon, c'mon!" she grabbed onto the nearest people, who happened to be Cher and Sirenai, and pulled them along. "Guys, let's go!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Where'd you go, Baldr?"

A holographic screen popped up before her. "I'm right here." And an arrow directed towards the elf.

"WAAAHHHH!"

They stood at the dark entrance to a forest path, and Baldr seemed to have materialized out of nowhere for Lexi, despite standing against a tree the entire time. Standing himself straight, Baldr walked up to any who had gathered.

Quickly tapping things onto his phone, another holographic screen appeared before them. "Pair yourselves up. You're in for a wild ride."

"Welcome to Hotel Atlantica."

Casper started at the voice and craned his head around before staring straight at the black dragon that had suddenly appeared in front of him. It looked relatively normal enough, though the bright gold membranes of its wings stood out and gave the whole thing a strangely...electrical feel. And the sclera...normally white or some other pale color, were a pitch black to match its scales. How...odd. And interesting. Cashew especially was always up to meeting new and different creatures. He straightened at the next words.

"How may we...help...you...?"

Hmm...how could they help him? Well, they could give him some food, though for some reason, Cashew had a feeling that wasn't exactly what the nice dragon meant. Speaking of the nice dragon, he should probably respond. "Peep!" He waved his wing. For some reason, others always liked it when he did that as a greeting, so he had gotten used to it. Maybe the nice dragon would like it too? And maybe, if the dragon liked it, it (Cashew couldn't tell what gender it was, though the voice had sounded really pretty and feminine so maybe a she-dragon?) would give him food. Yeah. That was a good plan. Food was always good.

Percy swiveled around from behind to give a regal nod, the sunglasses giving him the aura of a superstar rather than the dignified gentlemanly vibe he was going for. He really needed to find some other way to block the effects of his eyes. Perhaps a monocle? But no, that wouldn't work. "Hello there, pleasure to make your acquaintance." He ignored the skeptical look his lesser half shot him. "I believe we have a reservation at this hotel...under the name of Casper." He admired the surroundings for one second longer before turning the entirety of his attention on the dragon. "If you could find somebody to show us to our rooms, that would be greatly appreciated." So far, the dragon had seemed fairly professional and prompt (they hadn't even had to enter to be greeted!), so he would be so in kind. No insults. Yet. He wondered if this hotel would have a bellhop. Also if they would have to show some sign of proof of their identity. Though this planet seemed fairly technologically advanced compared to some other planets he'd been to on his journeys (their home planet included), so perhaps some form of electronic ID was required?

"Peep!"

Percy sighed. "Of course..." He muttered to himself, before raising his voice to address the dragon. "And I would also be obliged if you could point us to any eateries in the vicinity. My...other half is hungry. Again." He rolled his eyes behind his sunglasses.

Archived