MTG CCG 2: Electric Boogaloo [Working on Kamigawa 2.0!]

CLG Klavier

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Even if Equipment were a theme (which I don't actually mind, fits thematically even if the original Kamigawa didn't really delve into it mechanically), it certainly wouldn't have a keyword dedicated to it. The only reason for it to have a whole keyword is if the majority of the set was based on the theme (which I don't think is good for draft mechanics: even Zendikar and Mirrodin didn't bother keywording their Equipment themes once). At most, a cool implicit draft subtheme.

We need a better way to communicate and organize ideas than this thread...

Starting to schedule our things shall work too.

Regarding equipment, we could have a keyword that swaps an equip already on a creature with an equip in hand or another creature by paying the difference in cost.

Sort of like an equipment Take on Aura Swap but better that sounds cool.

I'll sort out Skype and be regular when I get off my arse, I promise!

Equipment keyword that swaps equipment is really, really parasitic. I maintain that there is no need for a keyword relating to such a specific theme. Just a nice generic new keyword.

For the equipment matters set, which happen to also be Arthurian Theme, I say we could have any of these

- Attachable Equipments ala Cranial Plating.
- Fortify (Yay Building Castles FTW)
- A legends Cycle
- Your Typical Creatures that Get better while holding a Weapon.
- DRAGONS, TREEFOLKS, FAERIES.

Rai, I heard that...way too many times from you now. Making a Skype account is a matter of 2 minutes and you keep putting it away indefinitely :P

Yeah, for the Arthurian side, I think it's all pretty generic stuff you can think of. Albeit I wanna have a keyword for "blessed" weapons, think something like this:

CARDNAME [2]

Artifact - Equipment

Bless [2W] (You may cast this card for its bless cost. If you do, it enters the battlefield blessed.)

Equipped creature gets +2/+1. If ~ is blessed, it gains lifelink.

Equip [2]

Of course just a mockup example, but you get my idea.

Archived