MTG CCG 2: Electric Boogaloo [Working on Kamigawa 2.0!]

CLG Klavier

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

no one who insults makoto will be allowed in

Ok fine, so. While we work on the core thingy on the side, we should get to finally making something. Any theme ideas from you guys? IMO a slight Kamigawa revisit could be fun, or we could go with something original.

OMG I LOVE KAMIGAWA
YES PLS.

I had an idea of something wedge based some time ago, but Alara and Khans of Tarkir already did that. I also like Time Spiral Block (Specifically Planar Chaos and the way it messes with the colour pie), idk, a revisit would be easier to do as the flavour is already basically in place but I think doing something original would be more fun.

I'd also like the revisit of Kamigawa. I'm pretty sure we can make it work better :3

Real talk, Kamigawa is one of my favourite blocks. I love a lot of it's ideas (Splice into Arcane, the Spirit Dragons, etc), but yeah a lot of the cards did blow chunks. It did have a good number of decent/good cards, though.

EDIT: We could do something like an Arthurian lore set. That fits the "Fantasy setting" Rai was describing as well as giving us room to be creative with the cards. As far as I'm aware it hasn't been done before, having a heavy focus on equipment and stuff. It's just an idea, so feel free to agree/disagree.

guesswork ain't shit our kamigawa will be better

Anyways, if I recall correctly, Rai has a Arthurian lore set thing going on at the moment, no?

Oh. I wasn't aware.

Tbh I think it would be easier to design cards with a mythos to reference from, which is why I mentioned it, but I suppose we don't have to. Also I think it would be easier to design an original plane (if we're going that route) if we have some idea of what flavour we want each colour to have. Any ideas?

If anything I'd like to see Fateseal make a return, but that's just my fanboyism for Time Spiral block. Considering Klavier said we could do "Mirrored" sets, I had an idea of two opposing mechanics on each colour, one representing the nature of each colour. (Like a desire for knowledge on one side of blue, and then on the other side using that knowledge to manipulate. Upholding justice on one side of white, oppression on the other, etc.)

I apologize for throwing all these ideas out there but I have a lot of them and I felt just putting them here is more useful than keeping them to myself.

No, it's fine, that's the point to throw ideas.

I meant that Rai could give us some work material, we can do it differently than him.

ew Fateseal. That's not a mechanic to return, seriously. It should never exist in the first place.

That's an idea though, similiar to what I meant for NPH/MRP - different spectrums of the same colors.

Archived