MTG CCG 2: Electric Boogaloo [Working on Kamigawa 2.0!]

CLG Klavier

That's an idea though, similiar to what I meant for NPH/MRP - different spectrums of the same colors.

Hypothetically speaking from a flavour standpoint, what type of plane would this type of thing exist on? I was thinking a plane in constant flux, with unstable mana bending into different forms, type of thing. 

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

mmm fun like:

Kamigawa --> Spirit World --> Color Spectrum/Mana Bending --> Nations/factions opposing themselves --> Internal Conflicts

An of course it mean that there will be 1 main character trying to unite all "Nations"

Does this sounds like something you know?...XD

Too much like Ravnica :P

Well, let's assume Kamigawa and Arthurian lore for the first 2 halves, shall we?

Too much like Ravnica :P

Well, let's assume Kamigawa and Arthurian lore for the first 2 halves, shall we?

The only problem I can see with that is if it is two 127 card sets, unless I'm missing something, the two sets we create won't meld well unless we are creating two big sets of 254 comprised of 4 127 card sets.

Flavorwise that doesn't seem so right to me...BUT, the point is to have them represented strongly in some place so that one o both of the sides to try to use the spirits as a mean to try to destroy the other side, messing with the natural order as a result.

But we are talking just of general guidelines...there could be Ninjas or Samurai that somehow get to be green, so as they could be spirits in other colors.

If we do Kamigawa, some of the mechanics need a rework. Splice and soulshift are parasitic mechanics that don't work well with anything outside of block. Epic is just bad, offering was cool but underused. Channel and sweep were pretty bad too.

Yeah, only mechanics I could see getting ported is Ninjutus and Bushido. Although...Epic could make a cycle. It's hilarious.

As the biggest Samurai fanboy ever, I think Bushido is a good mechanic to bring back. While not exactly a mechanic, are we going with a tribal theme for the Samurai? Rather than making them all feel disconnected from each other, I think it would be more fitting of a Samurai theme if they functioned together and acted like a Tribe. Plus, Samurai Tribal would be the coolest deck ever. Then again, there are plenty of aggressive W/R tribes already.

Archived