Unpopular Opinions

Fusion X. Denver

- 90% of Feminists are just angry women on their periods wanting something to rage at for the sake of raging at something. The 10% legitimate ones don't talk about it and actually do something.

I feel like I was the only one who kept up with the media this year. Uninformed opinions are unhelpful: you only have to look towards pretty much every single major industry to see healthy feminism seeping in. Music, film, TV, politics. Case studies include the fact that Beyoncé was unavoidable (well, this is YCM, pop music is less of a thing apparently) and Emma Watson and the UN (and that was essentially entirely unavoidable this year). Malala? Chimamanda Adichie? Even the fact that Miley Cyrus provoked discussions on feminism is in itself interesting.

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I feel like I was the only one who kept up with the media this year. Uninformed opinions are unhelpful: you only have to look towards pretty much every single major industry to see healthy feminism seeping in. Music, film, TV, politics. Case studies include the fact that Beyoncé was unavoidable (well, this is YCM, pop music is less of a thing apparently) and Emma Watson and the UN (and that was essentially entirely unavoidable this year). Malala? Chimamanda Adichie? Even the fact that Miley Cyrus provoked discussions on feminism is in itself interesting.

You know how it can be; you only end up hearing the stupid side of things.
I have been linked to nothing but the utter stupidity of feminists in the game industry like they know shit when they really are shit.

Yeah, haven't been into anything music. 
So, when I do hear something, it's about feminists talking about video games. So, never anything good.

You know how it can be; you only end up hearing the stupid side of things.
I have been linked to nothing but the utter stupidity of feminists in the game industry like they know shit when they really are shit.
Yeah, haven't been into anything music. 
So, when I do hear something, it's about feminists talking about video games. So, never anything good.

The Internet's a negative place! And besides, the horrible stuff tends to be more sensationalist anyway: as expected. I don't blame people for focusing on the negative stuff, pretty natural.

Although, feminism has been decent in video games too. Games like The Last of Us' DLC and Transistor finally gave good female protagonists, Felicia Day's activism. GamerGate puts a shadow over it, but I don't think GamerGate's important. Or useful.

Yeah the media loves to focus on the negative sides of things. But that's only because it's what people look for.

Whenever a story about a good thing somebody does is showed people are like "Oh that's nice, finally a good thing." And yet many good things are overlooked. Or worse they are picked apart until they seem bad.

Just look at celebrity news. All the time I hear about how this celebrity cheated, is an alcoholic or druggie, etc. etc. But there are plenty of stories of the good things they do that are simply ignored.

And this is because people crave the negatives, despite how much they complain about it and act like it's a relief when something good is reported.

This is all in general of course, not everyone feels this way. But many do.

Anyway...in my opinion, tapping into people's phonecalls and internet usage or anything is something that the government must do.

I can agree to a point. I mean honestly I wouldn't really do something the government would have reason to be concerned over anyway. Though the big issue is how much manpower would be taken to determine what's a real threat or not. (Can't do the keywords thing, seeing as "bomb" would be a word and there are plenty of phrases such as "Well that bombed".)

People complain about the government not doing enough and yet complain when they try to give themselves the power to do so. (This is of course a generalization again but hopefully my point got across.)

GamerGate puts a shadow over it, but I don't think GamerGate's important. Or useful.

I definitely agree with that, but, and this is probably an unpopular opinion, a lot of people vocally opposing GamerGate are equally responsible.  The shit won't die if you keep threatening the lives of people who have the audacity to be neutral about it.  Also, a lot of people have pretty much proven to me that they don't really care about women being harassed.  You can't when you go around calling women whores for supporting the "movement."

Basically, IMHO, it's not about ethics or harassment, it's just a battle of ideals, a political argument, at least among the vocal people.  I mean, don't get me wrong, a lot of harassment did occur, and game journalists have no sense of ethics, but I don't think either of those things really drove it to happen. 

As for focusing on the negative things, people will tend to focus on negative things or even positive things if it supports their existing viewpoints.  It's similar to how people will talk about priests molesting kids but ignore religious organizations doing charity work in third world countries.  (Or religious people doing the opposite.)

Although I do think focusing on the positive is, as a whole, a better strategy.  It is hard too though. 

The Internet's a negative place! And besides, the horrible stuff tends to be more sensationalist anyway: as expected. I don't blame people for focusing on the negative stuff, pretty natural.

Although, feminism has been decent in video games too. Games like The Last of Us' DLC and Transistor finally gave good female protagonists, Felicia Day's activism. GamerGate puts a shadow over it, but I don't think GamerGate's important. Or useful.

RAI

WILL

YOU

BE

MY

BEST

FRIEND?

thisisntspambecauseimemphasizingagreement

Ms. Fortune is easy to learn (inversely, Filia is hard to learn)

The best soda is in fact Mountain Dew

Flat or minimal chests are superior to their bouncy gravity-defying cousins

1) You're crazy.

2) Tried it again recently, too... mountain dewy for my tastes.

3) I used to believe that and then my girlfriend found out she could use hers as a cup holder.

The best soda is in fact Mountain Dew

Flat or minimal chests are superior to their bouncy gravity-defying cousins

Monster<Pespi=Coke<Dr.Pepper. Never had Mountain Dew. Probably would would have to have diet depending on the carbs.

All breast sizes can be appreciated, but natural breasts are the best. 

1. 90% of western feminism are male virgins who want them gals appreshiatonz

2. 9% of western feminism 'are just angry women on their periods wanting something to rage at for the sake of raging at something'.

3. Feminism is one of those cheap tools that you shouldn't even need.

4. Most anime is shit.

5. Most manga is shit.

6. COD haters can drown in there own stupidity. Do worry, there is plenty to go around.

7. Feminists who whine about the football age gap can drown in there own stupidity. Do worry, there is plenty to go around.

1. 90% of western feminism are male virgins who want them gals appreshiatonz

2. 9% of western feminism 'are just angry women on their periods wanting something to rage at for the sake of raging at something'.

3. Feminism is one of those cheap tools that you shouldn't even need.

4. Most anime is s***.

5. Most manga is s***.

6. COD haters can drown in there own stupidity. Do worry, there is plenty to go around.

7. Feminists who whine about the football age gap can drown in there own stupidity. Do worry, there is plenty to go around.

3edgy5me

i can honestly not tell if this is bait

More than that, I thought Skyward Sword was a great game and a vital part of the Zelda franchise. That's an unpopular opinion, right?

Yes, though I agree with you.

It was a bit repetitive, linear, and mundane at certain points, but I still felt it had some of the most interesting puzzles, dungeons, and areas in years. Also the aesthetics were just amazing.

Super Smash Brothers as a whole isn't that fun.

PC gaming is not master race. 

CoD is s***. Cod of Duty is the best.

Youtubing and Streaming is overdone as hell and is almost becoming cancerous. Especially Minecraft and GTAV.
For all this screaming of "gender equality", people still saying "men shouldn't hit women" and things of that nature (guys shouldn't do ___ to a woman) kinda pisses me off.
Equality, justice, and freedom are the world's three best jokes. 

Archived