Unpopular Opinions

Fusion X. Denver

Another one.

GamerGate is a bunch of adults arguing like children on the internet.  Both sides. 

Edit: I will add one more thing, the most disgusting thing I've seen from it has been GG donating to charities and people harassing the charities about "taking money from a hate group."

Shows where peoples' priorities really lie.  I don't believe either side really cares about the harassment of women. 

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think all Let's Plays are stupid and have no value regardless of who's playing. 

I don't believe in 85% of depression cases. 

I don't believe in ADHD or ADD or OCD in people under the age 8 in every case unless caused by trauma. 

Am I doing this, right? 

I just realized I had the ultimate unpopular opinion this entire time.
When I was asked which I would choose, I chose Bulbasaur.
And I'd do it again.

Actually that's my decision for the Gen 1 Starters.

I dislike Blastoise and Charizard was always overrated.

Watch the spam, guys. Applies mostly to Polaris' deadpan observations (which are pretty good though). hue

Soundtrack and story should take priority in video games over who can stuff the most guns, gore, and senseless explosions into their game.  Not the contrary.

Flat chests are superior.

The best weapon in any shooting game is a well-executed melee strike.

I'd argue that that first one isn't even an unpopular one. You only have to look at where all the praise goes to, both in a critical basis and consumer basis.

Too many to count. But off the top of my head?

1. I liked Battlefield Earth, both the movie and the book.
  2. I think identifying yourself as something besides your name unless asked for clarity or conversational purposes is a bit silly.
  3. I didnt like Kill la Kill.
  4. If I had the option to wear a single outfit every day, clean etc, I would.
  5. I like country music and boyband songs.
  6. I think most games are better played muted, with no external sounds of your own besides conversation.
  7. I think we should increase the penalties incurred for a drug related crime, regardless of the source of the substance.

... just off the top of my head.

1. Certain Pokémon are terrible, either by design, battle merits or both.

2. Konami's design sucks at times; I'm looking at you, BAs/Qlis and other stuff.

3. People need to shut the hell up about trying to get Naruto banned in the USA, just because NaruSaku never happened. Grow up and move on; I'm a Naruto fan also, but I'm not complaining about the pairing; either one would've been fine.

4. Universities need to stop hiking tuitions for the sake of stuffing their own pockets, or their failure to adequately keep track of whatever money they do have.

5. ShoPro and whatever TV networks in Japan need to stop flagging videos.

6. FCC should stop censoring/"localizing" shows, just because some parents thinks it's not "Western" enough or some other BS.

7. Newbies should actually read the rules before posting in CC (or anywhere on YCM).

---

Yeah, #5 is already understandable; so said companies don't lose profits from illegal hosting.

1. Certain Pokémon are terrible, either by design, battle merits or both.

2. Konami's design sucks at times; I'm looking at you, BAs/Qlis and other stuff.

3. People need to shut the hell up about trying to get Naruto banned in the USA, just because NaruSaku never happened. Grow up and move on; I'm a Naruto fan also, but I'm not complaining about the pairing; either one would've been fine.

4. Universities need to stop hiking tuitions for the sake of stuffing their own pockets, or their failure to adequately keep track of whatever money they do have.

5. ShoPro and whatever TV networks in Japan need to stop flagging videos.

6. FCC should stop censoring/"localizing" shows, just because some parents thinks it's not "Western" enough or some other BS.

7. Newbies should actually read the rules before posting in CC (or anywhere on YCM).

---

Yeah, #5 is already understandable; so said companies don't lose profits from illegal hosting.

Literally all popular opinions. Some are either misguided or personal venting (like the localizing thing). But from what I gather literally everyone I know would agree with every one of these sentiments without question.

2) Humans are, as a race, very hypocritical.

And you base this upon? Humans are the choices they make, simply. You have been provided with an inventive brain, if the larger group decides to become hypocritical then that is the choice they made, not a trend fixed in your DNA. Lets not forget whom is influencing these humans to take such "hypocritical" actions. I personally don't believe in generalisation simply because it "prophesies" what a person's next choice will be. 

And you base this upon? Humans are the choices they make, simply. You have been provided with an inventive brain, if the larger group decides to become hypocritical then that is the choice they made, not a trend fixed in your DNA. Lets not forget whom is influencing these humans to take such "hypocritical" actions. I personally don't believe in generalisation simply because it "prophesies" what a person's next choice will be. 

and whom exactly influences to take hypocritical actions? let me guess. the devil. well let me tell you this: I do not subscribe to the fantasy of a god or a devil. I do not subscribe to the fantasy of a religion. All humans have done and will do the hypocritical. It's what I've seen. There is proof for this and that proof is the human condition. Name one person in the world who you know without a shadow of doubt is non -hypocritical and prove me wrong. You don't count because our minds change our history to favor ourselves (that's how the brain works. we want to see ourselves in a good light, so we omit from our memory that which does not show us in a good light; sure we remember some of our mistakes, but most of the time not as clearly as our victories an such).  

and whom exactly influences to take hypocritical actions? let me guess. the devil. well let me tell you this: I do not subscribe to the fantasy of a god or a devil. I do not subscribe to the fantasy of a religion. All humans have done and will do the hypocritical. It's what I've seen. There is proof for this and that proof is the human condition. Name one person in the world who you know without a shadow of doubt is non -hypocritical and prove me wrong. You don't count because our minds change our history to favor ourselves (that's how the brain works. we want to see ourselves in a good light, so we omit from our memory that which does not show us in a good light; sure we remember some of our mistakes, but most of the time not as clearly as our victories an such).  

Never said anything about the devil, so I'm not sure where you got that from. Influences come from anywhere. Whoever has the upper hand in a situation, will influence another. If you're friends with a hypocrite, and you start mimicking that hypocrisy, then the influence came from your friend. Influence also comes from the mass media. You choice of clothes, thoughts, etc. are influenced in one way or another, it doesn't make them fixed in you, it only makes them a choice.

And lets just make something clear, the devil doesn't influence you. He plays mind games and that is all, YOU make the final choice, not him. You have a brain, you can think. If you don't stop to wander "Is this wrong?" then you've declared that choice, the devil didn't choose it for you. 

And you don't need to believe in god to have good morals and ethics. Hypocrisy isn't good, so I'm unsure why you're trying to bring God and the devil into this.

I like Luigi more too, also the Blue shell

Here's one:

YGO is better than MtG.

A lot of people probably agree with this.

And seeing as I'll need my own to go in here, I prefer Traditional to Advanced format play. Or the No Banlist play on YGO Pro Dawn of a New Era, then I can use anime cards.

GamerGate is not worth paying attention to.

Smogon is stupid; the only "tierlist" worth using goes like this:

Legendaries -> Not legendaries

And even that can be pretty hazy sometimes since some legendaries (lookin' at you, Moltres) are utter crap.

ZWEI has one of the best - if not the best - styles in Soul Calibur V.

SCV's story was good yeah, no, I can't even joke about that

I...I liked the story...

Oh hey another unpopular opinion I guess.

(Though I preferred individualized stories still.)

The only thing I really found of Value in SCV was the customization. III is my favorite and I actually liked IV quite a bit

Never said anything about the devil, so I'm not sure where you got that from. Influences come from anywhere. Whoever has the upper hand in a situation, will influence another. If you're friends with a hypocrite, and you start mimicking that hypocrisy, then the influence came from your friend. Influence also comes from the mass media. You choice of clothes, thoughts, etc. are influenced in one way or another, it doesn't make them fixed in you, it only makes them a choice.

And lets just make something clear, the devil doesn't influence you. He plays mind games and that is all, YOU make the final choice, not him. You have a brain, you can think. If you don't stop to wander "Is this wrong?" then you've declared that choice, the devil didn't choose it for you. 

And you don't need to believe in god to have good morals and ethics. Hypocrisy isn't good, so I'm unsure why you're trying to bring God and the devil into this.

I'm sorry. I assumed you would be like some other Christians I know.  You haven't proven wrong though, Hypocrisy can exist simultaneously with good morals and ethics. Just look at America. Good Morals: freedom and all that. Questionable Ethics (at best): do you really need an example of this? And Hypocrisy all mix together fairly well. 

I'm sorry. I assumed you would be like some other Christians I know. 

Don't worry about it, and I'm a Muslim.

You haven't proven wrong though, Hypocrisy can exist simultaneously with good morals and ethics. Just look at America. Good Morals: freedom and all that. Questionable Ethics (at best): do you really need an example of this? And Hypocrisy all mix together fairly well. 

I don't think freedom ever existed in America... For starters, the whole population has been monitored for years and years and people JUST knew about it. People who got on stands to talk the population out of ignorance were shot dead. And there are so many other examples. So I'm really unsure of what you mean by freedom. Last I checked nowhere in the world has freedom.

I don't think freedom ever existed in America... For starters, the whole population has been monitored for years and years and people JUST knew about it. People who got on stands to talk the population out of ignorance were shot dead. And there are so many other examples. So I'm really unsure of what you mean by freedom. Last I checked nowhere in the world has freedom.

Different meanings, different intent... word is arbitrary. And anyone who hasnt realized that someone somewhere in a shady government building covered with white walls and chrome desks knows what time they fap or whatever in the US is clearly living in denial. I knew this at age 5, living in a tropical climate with no television and a basic understanding of my ABC's.

Redundancies aside, I think what Ali is trying to say is thus: Humans by nature cannot be hypocritical if they believe themselves to be true. And that he disagrees with your choice of "unpopular opinion" being less of an opinion and more a fallacy that goes beyond preference. His "opinion" on your "unpopular opinion". I'm inclined to believe him but its understandable if you encounter true hypocrites around you on a regular basis.

Corrected as per below. Too... blargh to read completely. Apologies.

I kinda meant freedom as in quote on quote freedom. I believe I have voiced my opinion on america's so called freedom before and it's basically this: 

word is arbitrary. And anyone who hasnt realized that someone somewhere in a shady government building covered with white walls and chrome desks knows what time they fap or whatever in the US is clearly living in denial. I knew this at age 5, living in a tropical climate with no television and a basic understanding of my ABC's.

Redundancies aside, I think what Ali is trying to say is thus: Humans by nature cannot be hypocritical if they believe themselves to be true. And that he disagrees with your choice of "unpopular opinion" being less of an opinion and more a fallacy that goes beyond preference. His "opinion" on your "unpopular opinion". I'm inclined to believe him but its understandable if you encounter true hypocrites around you on a regular basis.

To respond to that second paragraph there: 

How can you not believe yourself to be true? o.O  Like in a literal sense or a metaphorical sense or what? 

It wasn't really an unpopular opinion, just me commenting on something, like I am now. 

Archived