Unpopular Opinions

Fusion X. Denver

aww Robin that's so sweet. 

unrelated: may or may not be unpopular, but f*** it: black people shouldn't be a allowed to use the word n****r if white people aren't. just because their ancestors suffered an injustice doesn't mean they should be treated differently or given different rights. 

i think i just killed myself

Actually, we use the word "nigga," which is used it as affection like dude or (ugh) Haas, though it can be used as an insult (ex: bitch-ass nigga).

Why the former? I don't know. Mocking the original slur? I don't get it. Personally, I don't use it unironically.

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm saying that it's more socially acceptable for a black person to say nigger than for a white person to. Only I was to tired to phrase it right. 
Racism has existed, will exist and does exist. my point is really that it shouldn't be more socially acceptable for a black person to say nigger than for a white person. But it is. Racism shouldn't exist, but it does.

I know exactly what your point is. And "I WANT TO USE THE N WORD BECAUSE THEY CAN" still sounds like a dumb argument.

I know exactly what your point is. And "I WANT TO USE THE N WORD BECAUSE THEY CAN" still sounds like a dumb argument.

it seems like you are actively trying to make me seem more childish than i already might. 

I'm saying that it's more socially acceptable for a black person to say n****r than for a white person to. Only I was to tired to phrase it right. 
Racism has existed, will exist and does exist. my point is really that it shouldn't be more socially acceptable for a black person to say n****r than for a white person. But it is. Racism shouldn't exist, but it does.

what i'd like is for racism to not exist, and i hope that that sorta thing can happen, but, being realistic it probably won't. i'd also kinda like the word nigger to not exist in our societies vocabulary. i'm not how you're going to make this sound childish, but so far you've been finding ways to quite well and i assume you'll have no trouble with this either.

Actually, we use the word "n***a," which is used it as affection like dude or (ugh) Haas, though it can be used as an insult (ex: b****-ass n***a).

Why the former? I don't know. Mocking the original slur? I don't get it. Personally, I don't use it unironically.

we being.... either way 

what i'd like is for racism to not exist, and i hope that that sorta thing can happen, but, being realistic it probably won't. i'd also kinda like the word nigger to not exist in our societies vocabulary.

But your argument hasn't "Black people shouldn't use the n word."

Your argument from the beginning has been "Black people shouldn't use the n word because white people shouldn't use the n word."

Which are two completely different arguments, the latter of which makes you look childish even without me pointing it out to you

Agros right though. just replace childish w/ ignorant, and the argument is pretty clear.

Ignorant and childish are two different things though.  Besides, calling someone either by itself means nothing.  It's just an ad hominem.  

You could say, "I think that argument seems childish/ignorant," and it would muddy the discussion far less. 

Ignorant and childish are two different things though.  Besides, calling someone either by itself means nothing.  It's just an ad hominem.  

You could say, "I think that argument seems childish/ignorant," and it would muddy the discussion far less. 

ignorant

lacking knowledge or awareness in general; uneducated or unsophisticated.

If you dont know why white people shouldnt use the n-word, then straight up, you are ignorant. Im not going to spell it out, because i shouldnt have to.

Also like the argument itself sounding like something a 12 year old emo kid would say because he hates control or something stupid meams "childish" is a perfectly acceptable word in this instance.

I disagree that putting ignorant/childish together does anything more for the argument than using either individually. The difference in this case is virtually meaningless. It doesn't make anything less or more muddled.

I don't like Coca-Cola/Pepsi at all. I know they're not the same thing, but they're similar enough for me to group them together and say they taste horrible and I really don't get why Coke in particular is so damn popular.

While I'm neutral to pepsi, have to agree on Coke. Can't stand the stuff.

People can use whatever word they want as long as its derogatory definition isn't used in the wrong company. I mean sure it might sound wrong, but that is more often than not your own little stereotype. Hell I use the polite, derogatory, literal and neutral definitions of the Hawaiian word "haole". None of my non-local friends can say that word right even if they get the pronunciation correct, some local ones can't say it right either. However to be absent minded of the way people react to particular words and their history would make you foolish... it's not that you can't say it, go ahead. Just be prepared for the social stigma.

People can use whatever word they want as long as its derogatory definition isn't used in the wrong company. I mean sure it might sound wrong, but that is more often than not your own little stereotype. Hell I use the polite, derogatory, literal and neutral definitions of the Hawaiian word "haole". None of my non-local friends can say that word right even if they get the pronunciation correct, some local ones can't say it right either. However to be absent minded of the way people react to particular words and their history would make you foolish... it's not that you can't say it, go ahead. Just be prepared for the social stigma.

I agree.  The reason to not use derogatory words should be to not upset people, because who wants to purposely offend people.

I mean, I guess a lot of people do, but I digress. 

Okay so saying "This argument is childish" is a pretty big cop-out argument. Since it ignores any possible discussion and only serves to insult the person. Even if they come off as childish doesn't mean they don't have a reason for their ideas and you shouldn't just ignore that to mock them. If you have nothing else to say about it, don't say anything.

Okay so saying "This argument is childish" is a pretty big cop-out argument. Since it ignores any possible discussion and only serves to insult the person. Even if they come off as childish doesn't mean they don't have a reason for their ideas and you shouldn't just ignore that to mock them. If you have nothing else to say about it, don't say anything.

What a childish viewpoint. Mods pls don't ban me for my banter

- 90% of Feminists are just angry women on their periods wanting something to rage at for the sake of raging at something. The 10% legitimate ones don't talk about it and actually do something.

- Most anime is shit.

- "Otaku" are killing anime.

- Most manga is shit.

- Kate Upton is the most beautiful woman on the planet.

- Guilty Gear is far superior to BlazBlue. (Chipp Zanuff for pres)

- Casual Gaming is killing gaming.

- Complexity creep is not to be feared but invited.

- Magic, WarCraft 3 and Warhammer 40k are the best games ever.

- I'm a Social Darwinist in general.

Holy cow, besides liking Magic I disagree with everything Shard thinks.

Oh, another unpopular opinion. (At least where I live, as in my city) Obama is not a horrible president.

-_-

Why would anyone take that post seriously I just give up.

To be fair he's sorta right, you did make a "seemingly obnoxious comment to attract attention." XD

Archived