Duel Portal Glitches Thread

seattleite

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So I keep getting a series of glitches as I attempt to play. Like if my opponent draws or plays cards. An example of one of these:

[ArgumentOutOfRange_Index]
Arguments: 
Debugging resource strings are unavailable. Often the key and arguments provide sufficient information to diagnose the problem. See http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=106663&Version=5.1.40728.00&File=mscorlib.dll&Key=ArgumentOutOfRange_Index
Parameter name: index

at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException()
   at System.Collections.Generic.List`1.RemoveAt(Int32 index)
   at DuelPortalCS.Views.DuelFieldNew.ParceDataJabber(String data, Boolean WatcherFromMySide)
   at DuelPortalCS.Views.DuelFieldNew.DataArrivalJabber(String data, String FromWhom)
   at DuelPortalCS.Views.DuelFieldNew.DuelMessageReceived(ChatMessage message)
   at DuelPortalCS.WCFServiceClient.<>c__DisplayClass3.<HandleEventRaising>b__2()

And yes, I did clear cache previously

While watching a duel I keep getting several errors.

Error 1: Oops! Forgot rmHand

at DuelPortalCS.Views.DuelFieldNew.ParceDataJabber(String data, Boolean WatcherFromMySide)
   at DuelPortalCS.Views.DuelFieldNew.DataArrivalJabber(String data, String FromWhom)

Error 2: [Arg_NullReferenceException]
Arguments:
Debugging resource strings are unavailable. Often the key and arguments provide sufficient information to diagnose the problem. See http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=106663&Version=5.1.40728.00&File=mscorlib.dll&Key=Arg_NullReferenceException

at DuelPortalCS.Views.frmView.genericShowStats(CardDetails stats, Boolean showIfFacedown)
   at DuelPortalCS.Views.frmView.<>c__DisplayClass5.<CreateAndAddImage>b__2(Object s, MouseEventArgs e)
   at MS.Internal.CoreInvokeHandler.InvokeEventHandler(UInt32 typeIndex, Delegate handlerDelegate, Object sender, Object args)
   at MS.Internal.JoltHelper.FireEvent(IntPtr unmanagedObj, IntPtr unmanagedObjArgs, Int32 argsTypeIndex, Int32 actualArgsTypeIndex, String eventName, UInt32 flags)

I hope you can fix this cause its sorta annoying.

So I keep getting a series of glitches as I attempt to play. Like if my opponent draws or plays cards. An example of one of these:

Arguments: 
Debugging resource strings are unavailable. Often the key and arguments provide sufficient information to diagnose the problem. See http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=106663&Version=5.1.40728.00&File=mscorlib.dll&Key=ArgumentOutOfRange_Index

And yes, I did clear cache previously

Did you notice this start to happen after a specific duel action?

While watching a duel I keep getting several errors.

Error 1: Oops! Forgot rmHand

Error 2: [Arg_NullReferenceException]

Arguments:

Debugging resource strings are unavailable. Often the key and arguments provide sufficient information to diagnose the problem. See http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=106663&Version=5.1.40728.00&File=mscorlib.dll&Key=Arg_NullReferenceException

at DuelPortalCS.Views.frmView.genericShowStats(CardDetails stats, Boolean showIfFacedown)

at DuelPortalCS.Views.frmView.<>c__DisplayClass5.<CreateAndAddImage>b__2(Object s, MouseEventArgs e)

at MS.Internal.CoreInvokeHandler.InvokeEventHandler(UInt32 typeIndex, Delegate handlerDelegate, Object sender, Object args)

at MS.Internal.JoltHelper.FireEvent(IntPtr unmanagedObj, IntPtr unmanagedObjArgs, Int32 argsTypeIndex, Int32 actualArgsTypeIndex, String eventName, UInt32 flags)

I hope you can fix this cause its sorta annoying.

By the first error I strongly believe you are using a cached version. That might also be causing the second.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm starting in the uploading of cards and i think i am already having glitches, i've uploaded 3 cards up to now, two of them appears only the image of the card, and when i check them in the deck editor i put the cursor over them and the card appear normal, with my third card however, i upload it as it's supposed to be and when i put the cursor over it in the deck editor it only appear the image, nor the effects, non the type of the spell and it even show it as a spell. ¿Am i doing something wrong or is a really weird glitch?

EDIT: Forget this, i already solved the problem, i just deleted the card and uploaded again, n case it happens to someone.

My opponents keep getting the following error whenever I move a custom card from anywhere to anywhere.

Arguments: 
Debugging resource strings are unavailable. Often the key and arguments provide sufficient information to diagnose the problem. See http://go.microsoft....utOfRange_Index

at DuelPortalCS.WCFServiceClient.<>c__DisplayClass3. b__2()

• 2 weeks later...

hello,i was using duel portal and wanted to edit some cards,but i noticed that i didn't have any:all my cards disappeared!

except from my deck,i still have them in there and i can find them if i use the search function "All",but not if i try searching by "private" or "public",so i'm wondering if there is some way to restore or protect them,because it would be bad if i were to remake them and then they disappear again...

by the way,i think that i read about another guy with the same problem,but at the time it didn't draw my attention...

now,for some details:

name of most cards:Ancient demon-"insert words here"

i'm muraxmax on duel portal

i'm not sure,but one or two days prior to this event,i had my antivirus do a clean-up,so maybe the files have been erased from my computer...

hello,i was using duel portal and wanted to edit some cards,but i noticed that i didn't have any:all my cards disappeared!

except from my deck,i still have them in there and i can find them if i use the search function "All",but not if i try searching by "private" or "public",so i'm wondering if there is some way to restore or protect them,because it would be bad if i were to remake them and then they disappear again...

by the way,i think that i read about another guy with the same problem,but at the time it didn't draw my attention...

now,for some details:

name of most cards:Ancient demon-"insert words here"

i'm muraxmax on duel portal

i'm not sure,but one or two days prior to this event,i had my antivirus do a clean-up,so maybe the files have been erased from my computer...

I don't think your cards are gone, I count 26 ancient demon cards in the database as of now. Your cards are private, so you're ok.

Also the cards aren't stored on your computer, so you can do whatever you like.

I tried uploading some cards of mine, but it was telling me that there were too many characters for the type. I tried reducing the number of words in the text, but no go.

The way you phrase it sounds like you're talking about the lore. Was the type too long? (Dinosaur/Tuner/Synchro/Ritual/Fusion/Xyz/Spirit/Effect monster)

My opponents keep getting the following error whenever I move a custom card from anywhere to anywhere.

Arguments: 

Debugging resource strings are unavailable. Often the key and arguments provide sufficient information to diagnose the problem. See http://go.microsoft....utOfRange_Index

at DuelPortalCS.WCFServiceClient.<>c__DisplayClass3. b__2()

I think I might've fixed this in the latest update. Let me know if it continues.

Also, it's possible your opponent has a cached version and you don't.

sorry,but if i try to edit an existing "Ancient demon" card,i can't find them in the search engine using the "Public" and "Private" option,but i can find them with the "All" option...

in the deck editor,i still have them in my current deck,but i can't find them within the search engine,so i'm at a loss as to what to do...

UPDATE:so,i think that i understand what happened.i was messing with the login data,and at some point i noticed that my name was written with a lower case (muraxmax instead of Muraxmax),so i logged with another account or something like that...

i created a card "unequal confrontation",and it looks like i couldn't access it if i was logged with the other account,same for the ancient demon archetype.Anyway,i transferred the card on the "Muraxmax" account,so it should be fixed.I'm not sure why i have another account or if it even is another account(because i had the same deck with both accounts),but as far as i'm concerned i don't mind if it is erased(not Muraxmax!erase muraxmax,if you want)or something...

well,thanks for the help...

Hi! Your Duel Portal program is awesome, but every time I enter a duel with someone and it says "Connect with Opponent: OK" in the chatbox, Firefox and the Silverlight plugin crashes. Is there anything that I can do to fix it?

Is it possible you have a small RAM and/or running multiple tabs in firefox? Around that time is when you store your opponent's deck info, which could be large. Don't think it's happened to anyone else recently, but there's a possibility that is it.

Is it possible you have a small RAM and/or running multiple tabs in firefox? Around that time is when you store your opponent's deck info, which could be large. Don't think it's happened to anyone else recently, but there's a possibility that is it.

I think it might be the multiple tabs problem. I was running Google Chrome for YCM and Firefox for DuelPortal. I'll try shutting down Chrome when running it. Thanks for the solution! :D

Yesterday, I started getting a problem similar in description to EpicBoss99's.

Duel Portal works fine, until I enter a duel. It says that connection to the opponent is OK in the chatbox. But, as soon as I click anywhere on Duel Portal, the browser becomes 'not responding'.

This first occurred to me yesterday on Internet Explorer, and I have never experienced it before that. Previously that day I had been duelling on Duel Portal and this had not happened. Today, I tried to duel again and it happened. I decided to download Firefox to see if it was a problem with Internet Explorer, however the same problem occurred. Except this time I get a "plugin-container.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close" message right after I close Firefox.

I am pretty certain it is not to do with having multiple tabs/windows open, as I have tested it with only Duel Portal open and it still crashes like this.

Any solutions?

I decided to download Firefox to see if it was a problem with Internet Explorer, however the same problem occurred. Except this time I get a "plugin-container.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close" message right after I close Firefox.

This is exactly what happened to me. I haven't tried the solution that seattleite gave to me yet, but I'd love another way to fix it too! :D

No one can see any cards that I play, I tried everything, and that includes re-uploading, but it doesn't work...

A note to you and everyone who has frequent glitches on DP. DO NOT use the Generate for YCM feature for the time being. In addition, if you use DeviantArt links for uploading your cards, it is best not to use those and re upload said images to some place like imgur. These two things tend to be the main ties thus far for the cause of most glitches, so that will help a lot. Seattlelite, do take note of this and perhaps investigate

• 3 weeks later...

I've found that sometimes I can't see my opponent's cards, wether they are in the hand, field, or grave.  They just are invisible, which has led me to ask "how many cards are on your field" when my opponent ends their turn.  Also, sometimes cards show as just white.

I've found that sometimes I can't see my opponent's cards, wether they are in the hand, field, or grave.  They just are invisible, which has led me to ask "how many cards are on your field" when my opponent ends their turn.  Also, sometimes cards show as just white.

Yeah its happening to me alot, the only way I could somewhat solve it is by moving cards around zones or re summoning them. Any one know why this is happening and how to solve it?

So.  I have CLASH deck, which finally works fine, no glitches when playing unless opponent deck is glitched.  I uploaded a new deck last night, and when I tested it this morning, game was glitched, neither player could see opponent's field.  So we retried twice, same glitch.  I switched back to my working deck, no glitches.

Archived