[Finished]Dartz10's Card Making tournament round 1: Red-Eyes Support

dartz10

Your probably wondering what this is. well to answer your question, it is a card making tournament. There will be 8 rounds, after the first 8 rounds the winner from each round will be invited to participate in the final round, where the winner will be declared (unofficially) the Card Making Guru of YCM. Each round will be a different challenge. If you think have what it takes then read on.

Rules:

- discuss nothing except card making while on this topic or any other topics posted for later rounds

- please no crude or inappropriate language (there are children on here!)

- only create card based off the guidelines, any cards that are not original, are inappropriate, or are not within the acceptable ranges of the guidelines for the round will result in your IMMEDIATE disqualification (from the current and all later rounds!).

- all other YCM basic rules apply

- you are not allowed to post your cards on any other forum to be reviewed or to ask for help from any user. this will result in disqualification from the tournament( maybe the moderators or staff can help with this? they can access private messaging right?)

How to participate:

Simply write your agreement to the rules and ask nicely to join the contest.

You may participate in more than 1 round, however you can only win 1 round of the tournament. in any rounds you should enter after you have won a round before, any cards you should enter in the round will not be judged.

If you have any questions please pm me or post on this topic

For this round I want to see who can make a set of cards to boost red-eyes decks. You can do this any way you want, as long as at least 2 of your cards have Red-eyes in it's card title. Make sure that your set includes at the very least: 2 spell cards, 1 trap card, and 3 monster cards.(you will earn 1 bonus point for every 5 extra cards above the minimum number) Again if you have any questions please let me know. good luck to all who enter. (remember to ask nicely to join this round an include in your post post your agreement to the rules on this topic.

The card sets you enter will be judged on creativity, realism, how well your cards work together, and whether or not they are overpowered.

your set can earn 20 total possible points

5 possible points for creativity

5 possible points for realism

5 possible points for balance

5 possible points for how well your cards follow the guidelines, and work together with existing Red-Eyes cards

written cards are acceptable

Once you are accepted you can submit and then modify your set any number of times until April 15th then judging will begin.

I agree to the rules, but before I join, I would like to know:

Are we making realistic cards?

How many cards should we make for the set?

On what criteria are we being judged?

How will we be scored?

Are written cards accepted, or do we need to provide art?

Also, on these cards, is having "The Forbidden One" in cards' names or text acceptable in lieu of "Exodia?"

Some words of advice:

Most people aren't going to be inclined to design 15 cards for a contest; for separate contests, yes, but certainly not a whole Archetype with particular restrictions.

Red-Eyes support is fine; it's the amount that you're asking for.

Go look at Voltex's latest contest, if you want an idea of how to run things.

Also, you should not be deducting points due to cards being in Written format; there is NOTHING wrong with them and keep in mind finding appropriate images may prove difficult; especially in this sort of quantity.

IMHO, this contest looks very fun, but the card quantity is still a bit high. Why not just make 3-4 cards? I understand if you do want to keep the quantity the same, and I would still like to enter, but lowering the # of cards might attract others. Also, when does the contest end? I ask because I do not see it in the OP.

IMHO, this contest looks very fun, but the card quantity is still a bit high. Why not just make 3-4 cards? I understand if you do want to keep the quantity the same, and I would still like to enter, but lowering the # of cards might attract others. Also, when does the contest end? I ask because I do not see it in the OP.

I don't yet know when i will end the contest, as I have not yet gained many people for this round. i may lower the number of cards.

Spell Cards
[spoiler="Dark Breathing from Beyond "]
2rObsxU.jpg

You can only activate this card by Tributing 1 face-up "Red-Eyes Black Dragon" on your side of the field. Special Summon 1 "Red-Eyes Darkness Metal Dragon" from your hand, Deck or Graveyard. It cannot attack this turn.
[/spoiler]
[spoiler="The Dark Dragon Approaches"]
KmkBKkx.jpg

Special Summon 1 monster with "Red-Eyes" in its name from your Deck in face-up Attack Position, then equip it with this card. The equipped monster cannot be destroyed by card effects that target it. When this card leaves the field, destroy the equipped monster. If this card is destroyed by a Spell/Trap card controlled by your opponent and sent to your Graveyard: Add 1 "Red-Eyes Black Dragon" from your Graveyard to your hand.
[/spoiler]

Trap Cards
[spoiler="Brute Force Tactics "]
7QG2Riy.jpg

When your opponent declares a direct attack while you control no monsters: Special Summon 1 "Red-Eyes Black Dragon" from your hand or Deck and if do, increase its ATK by 300, then change the attack to that monster.
[/spoiler]

Monster Cards
[spoiler="Red-Eyes Serpent Dragon "]
NI5nKqt.jpg

This card is treated as a Normal Monster while face-up on the field or in the Graveyard. While this card is face-up on the field, you can Normal Summon it to have it be treated as an Effect Monster with this effect:
- This card gains 100 ATK and DEF for each DARK Dragon-Type monster in your Graveyard. You can Tribute this card: Special Summon 1 monster with "Red-Eyes" in its name from your Graveyard.
[/spoiler]
[spoiler="Silver Wing Black Dragon "]
xg9aAsc.jpg

1 Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner DARK Dragon-Type monsters
When this card is Synchro Summoned, you can switch the ATK and DEF of monster your opponent controls. Face-up "Red-Eyes Black Dragon" monsters you control cannot be destroyed by card effects that target them. Once per turn, you can send 1 Dragon-Type monster from your hand to your Graveyard: Special Summon 1 "Red-Eyes Black Dragon" from your Graveyard. It returns to your hand during the End Phase. You cannot Special Summon other monsters from your Graveyard the turn you activate this effect.
[/spoiler]
[spoiler="Red-Eyes Black Statue Dragon "]
XWbFTtP.jpg

If this is the only card in your hand, you can Normal Summon it without Tributing. If this card battles, increase its ATK by 300 during the Damage Step only. This card can be treated as 2 Tributes for the Tribute Summon of "Red-Eyes Black Dragon".
[/spoiler]

[Spoiler="Red-Eyes Weeping"]
w6JDVbx.jpg
Counter Trap
Activate only when a "Red-Eyes" monster is sent to the Graveyard; Special Summon 1 "Red-Eyes" monster from your Hand or Deck.

Red-Eyes is based on his more advanced form. This allows you to start/maintain a field prescence despite the tricky nature of most R-E cards.[/spoiler]

[Spoiler="Red-Eyed Stare"]
kdgNWjj.jpg
Normal Spell
Add 1 "Red-Eyes" monster from your Deck or Graveyard to your Hand.

Adds some much needed search for Red-Eyes, with the option for recycling the trickier cards.[/spoiler]

[Spoiler="Red-Eyes Evolution"]
bUnDzMu.jpg
Quickplay Spell
Tribute 1 "Red-Eyes B. Dragon"; Special Summon 1 "Red-Eyes" monster from your Deck, ignoring Summoning conditions.[/spoiler]

[Spoiler="Black Dragon, Red-Eyes"]
y2nEF4N.jpg(*) (*) (*) (*) (*) (*) (*)
Dark/Dragon/Effect
This card's name is always treated as "Red-Eyes B. Dragon" for the purpose of effects and costs. This effect cannot be negated.
2400/2000

The core to a Red-Eyes B. Dragon deck, Red-Eyes B. Dragon. Now you can (effectively) run him at 6.[/spoiler]

[Spoiler="Black Egg, Red Spots"]
(*)
Dark/Dragon/Tuner/Effect
If you control a face-up "Red-Eyes" monster; You can Special Summon this card from your Graveyard. If you do, banish this card when it leaves the field.
200/300

A tuner for Red-Eyes. Searchable by One For One and can SS self ala Plaguespreader.[/spoiler]

[Spoiler="Red-Eyes Tyrant Dragon"]
5CIbLwW.jpg
(*) (*) (*) (*) (*) (*) (*) (*)
Dark/Dragon/Synchro/Effect
1 Tuner + 1 "Red-Eyes B. Dragon"
When an effect would activate in either player's Graveyard; You can negate that effect and, if you do, banish that card.
2700/2400

Meet the Sorcerer of Dark Magic and Horus Dragon Lvl 8 of the Graveyard.[/spoiler]

Archived