God Bless The King [OOC/PG-16/Started/Accepting]

Techi☺

Forgive the wait, We will begin the RP after Blaze's Application is done, If that is alright with the rest of you, I will contact everyone in the PM, and Anbu over Skype when the projected date is set again (And hopefully kept this time ^_^)

I check here and the group pm somewhat daily in spare time when my internet isn't absolutely horrid (from brother putting it over cap and into shaped connection which is almost as bad as dial-up, worse sometimes), with not really much to input on my progress which had been a bit sluggish, sat down and pumped out a Bio though that should be good so you can just lump me with everyone in being informed on here if you want [also mondays and tuesdays (and i think 3/4 sundays now due to guinea pig shows) I won't be home till around 7pm AEST, think i might've mentioned this, just making sure i actually give a time period so i can be semi-organized with when we do boot up maybe]

I have to make an Application for the King of the Shadow Walkers, who will have a combination of Incantation/magics canceling and gravity magic, and be absurd as he'll likely be the final boss of the RP. Funfunfun. 

the above being said though I can probably help with the absurdity part considering my other plot device character i was working on that you know of [and probably semi-balance both the end boss and the plot device character over a couple convos :3]

also done my bio finally, 5 paragraphs seems good right? anyone mind reading it to make sure i didn't mess up somewhere and not notice (like as in someway that would effect some world stuff or something that's already in place, not so much grammar errors) Sword of Ailfried's effect is somewhat shown in bio being used as a bio plot device that he lost the power of immediately after using, some input on what that seems to be and if that sort of thing would work out wouldn't go astray aswell, might need to tone it down a bit or leave it till further in story to unlock to balance it more possibly?

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[spoiler=Fayyad Nejem]

Race: Human

[spoiler=Appearance]

Fayyad is brown-sinned and has jet black hair with a funny little goatee. His eyes are hazel like fresh wild nuts of the Gnorfiend forests. He has long, wild, sexy hair tied up in a white, solemn garment. He is quite skinny, a result of contsantly helping others in need as well as the fact that he cooks his own traditional meals for his patients. Fayyad wears a comfy tunic of dark orange colour, as well as yellow trousers which grow down to brown and humble sandals made from leather. You will often see the guy with a sealed jug or bottle, or vial. He doesn't really intend to grab too much attention, which is why his appearance is pretty regular, much like anybody you could see roaming the streets of Kingdom Gnorfiend, except for the fact that he's foreign and has fairly odd-looking clothes.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler= Personality]

Fayyad is kind, and he tends to treat people like they are a part of his family. However, he isn't an idiot. He is stern as well, and he knows to deal with mischief. He learnt how to be strict from countless months of torture from his son, Ahmed. This also would teach one to be extremely hard to fool! However, he can prove to be arrogant at times and as a result, you and me can be easily annoyed by the bloke. He is patient, but not with his loved ones. Ever since his son left to start his combat magic studies, he has always been worrying about him. Combat magic studies is incredibly exhausting, and can possibly disable you for life. Apart from that, he is a fun guy, and does enjoy having parties. Come to one of his parties, and your idea of parties will forever change!

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Biography]

The story starts in an entirely different kingdom. There was a small town in this village. The town lived in great poverty, for almost all of the minerals, gems and metals were mined by foreigners . As a result of this this mining, the once rich soil was reduced to a nutrient poor mass of dust and stone. The reaction of course, was famine and drought upon the people of this town. Of these victims, were many children. Of those children, was a clever pre-teen named Fayyad Nejem. Alas, the hunger brought his young mind to a pause. The only idea was to scavenge.

The only option was to be a slave. Luckily, a slaver visited the damned town. The boy begged and begged for the slaver to take him, but he was too weak. But did he have to be a slave? No! And soon he was adopted by a rich, caring merchant. Fayyad was able to have a decent education, and he made a great choice. He decided to become a doctor and a chemist. His life was to revolve around healing the wounded and caring for the sick.

But all hope was lost for his hometown. The people of the innocent town died like they were nothing. In order to redeem the guild of that sad happening, he chose to adopt a child of his own...

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Weapon]

Details

He wields an iron sabre enchanted and drenched with 'fire control' spirit elixirs. Over time, the sabre rusted entirely and transformed into a solid embodiment of fire. This only happened recently, but it is quite a crazy sight. Wielding the blade is difficult and it requires heat resistance enchantments as well as some blade-wielding practice. It's potential has yet to be truly unleashed... 

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Magic]

Fayyad only really uses magic in order to prepare special liquids for brewing to make special potions and medicines. He also uses herbal oils. His magic is shown below:

- Fire Enchantment: The ability to control and manipulate a fire source with pure magic. Fayyad has almost mastered this ability.

Fire Enchantment is required for the first step of creating a base of alchemy called creamwater. Creamwater is required to create certain herbal and tannin mediciness, as most potential remedies require magic to actually have an effect on wounds, illness and other problems like headaches, drug rehabilitation, constipation etc. The steps for creating creamwater is as follows:

- Prepare an oven with plenty of logs and and light it. You might want to carefully use a bellows to make the fire stronger. Now, chant a the following spell.

''Lu cae faarune arke an husae''

- Chant until the fire echoes the chant to you. Leave the fire to burn away the fuel. Once the fire is about to die, replace the logs with magical waste. This will enchant the fire and change the colour to a thick black colour.

- Carefully bring an iron pot almost filled with water. If you pour even one drop onto the enchanted fire, it will die, and you will have to start all over again. 

- Carefully place the pot onto the fire and leave it to boil. 

- As the water boils, the fuel will burn away, obvoiusly. Once the fire is dead, and the water is cool, leave the water to brew for a day.

- You can easily check if the water has fully brewed if the colour of the water is a yellowish white. If it is a pure white colour, you don't have creamwater, you have a pot full of magical waste, magical waste that you might want to leave for a hundred years or so, in order to create blank orbs.

- Ferment the creamwater for a month or so, and you should have a transparent oil. You must now be educated, rich and you should own a big book on herbalism, in order to know which potion does which.

He owns a vast variety of creamwater-based potions. He owns too many to count. They can cure headaches, measles, chicken pox, and some potions are added in baths, in order to treat injuries across the body. There are a few potions which can even cure cursed injuries, but they aren't too effective and only work on the first day or so if it is a basic spell. However, most of the potions are mainly

focused around illnesses, poisons and injuries. 

- Spirit Brewery: The ability to dissolve magical orbs in liquids to create exceedingly powerful buffing elixirs and strong tranquillizing poisons for warriors to use at times. However, this method of creating potions is heavily expensive, since the chance of coming across elemental orbs is the same chance as winning the European lottery. Luckily, you can trade some 10,000 barrels of herbal oils for some dozen genuine elemental orbs or you can trade the same amount for a djinn. Nope, just kidding. You would have to kill them bastard merchants for that.

Directly enchanted liquids are called elixirs. In order to make a working elixir, you need one orb, and a 'pool' of salt-water the size of a swimming pool in a special, locked room. You then carefully drop the orb inside, leave and lock the room. After a minute or so, you will have a pool coloured depending on the colour of your orb. So far Fayyad only has the following elixirs in his possession.

- Elixir of Spirit (Blank Orb, Obsidian, Elixir) This elixir can enhance one's magical potential, but directly consuming the potion will result in death.

- Elixir of Fira ( Blank Orb, Tannin, Fosfaerra Elixir) This elixir can be used to increase resistance to fire and increase the potency of pyromancy

- Elixir of Purity (Blank Orb, Creamwater, Blank Elixir) This elixir is required to utterly remove all arcane remedies from the body.

[/spoiler]

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Fayyad Nejem]

[spoiler=Appearance]

Fayyad is brown-sinned and has jet black hair with a funny little goatee. His eyes are hazel like fresh wild nuts of the Gnorfiend forests. He has long, wild, sexy hair tied up in a white, solemn garment. He is quite skinny, a result of contsantly helping others in need as well as the fact that he cooks his own traditional meals for his patients. Fayyad wears a comfy tunic of dark orange colour, as well as yellow trousers which grow down to brown and humble sandals made from leather. You will often see the guy with a sealed jug or bottle, or vial. He doesn't really intend to grab too much attention, which is why his appearance is pretty regular, much like anybody you could see roaming the streets of Kingdom Gnorfiend, except for the fact that he's foreign and has fairly odd-looking clothes.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler= Personality]

Fayyad is kind, and he tends to treat people like they are a part of his family. However, he isn't an idiot. He is stern as well, and he knows to deal with mischief. He learnt how to be strict from countless months of torture from his son, Ahmed. This also would teach one to be extremely hard to fool! However, he can prove to be arrogant at times and as a result, you and me can be easily annoyed by the bloke. He is patient, but not with his loved ones. Ever since his son left to start his combat magic studies, he has always been worrying about him. Combat magic studies is incredibly exhausting, and can possibly disable you for life. Apart from that, he is a fun guy, and does enjoy having parties. Come to one of his parties, and your idea of parties will forever change!

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Biography]

The story starts in an entirely different kingdom. There was a small town in this village. The town lived in great poverty, for almost all of the minerals, gems and metals were mined by foreigners . As a result of this this mining, the once rich soil was reduced to a nutrient poor mass of dust and stone. The reaction of course, was famine and drought upon the people of this town. Of these victims, were many children. Of those children, was a clever pre-teen named Fayyad Nejem. Alas, the hunger brought his young mind to a pause. The only idea was to scavenge.

The only option was to be a slave. Luckily, a slaver visited the damned town. The boy begged and begged for the slaver to take him, but he was too weak. But did he have to be a slave? No! And soon he was adopted by a rich, caring merchant. Fayyad was able to have a decent education, and he made a great choice. He decided to become a doctor and a chemist. His life was to revolve around healing the wounded and caring for the sick.

But all hope was lost for his hometown. The people of the innocent town died like they were nothing. In order to redeem the guild of that sad happening, he chose to adopt a child of his own...

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Weapon]

Details

It is an iron sabre. Nothing much about it.

History

He bought it from the shop one day.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Magic]

Fayyad only really uses magic in order to prepare special liquids for brewing to make special potions and medicines. He also uses herbal oils.

[/spoiler]

[/spoiler]

Two things: Given that the sabre is roughly insignificant, I don't mind you moving it into the appearance section on the premise that it is relatively useless in combat with all of the other characters and really only kept for practical stabby-jabby, slicey-wicey sword play with NPCs of the such. Unless Fayyad is meant to have some sort decent swordsman, small amount of practice, and you would like to have the sword present in his arsenal for when possible rock giants of the like are in the frey and his alchemy just might not be enough. In which case, I'd advice adding swordplay training somewhere in his bio, adding a great deal more information to the weapons section of it's appearance, any kind of enchantment it might have, and a new back story on how he obtained this decent-cool sword and where it's possible enchantments or special features come from. Name it if you have to. Theres two options on the Sabre, no need to remove it completely by any shape or form.

As far as the Alchemy goes, the suggestion in the PM was fairly accurate and a good one. Simply do as the other Magic sections do, but rename it Alchemy and list the kinds of attacks/effects he can have through his Alchemy as individual skills/techniques/or names for the formulas that enable these attacks/effects and what he has to go through to activate/make/perform them.

Simply put: This application isn't far from acceptable. In fact, after the above two conditions are settled, Fayyad is a welcomed character of the GBTK rp cast and he'll be ready for the first day of the RP. What an application is supposed to do is really two things: Display the writer's talent/capability with RP to ensure to the rest of the players that they are indeed ready to RP and can post regularly. which you have proven already, and to accurately document the character for future use should one of us forget details of your character we can refer to your application to add detail to our posts regarding how our characters perceive Fayyad. You know? This last part included your Alchemy section to provide intimate detail on how it used, what it is effective for and what Fayyad can currently make of it. (It's more or less a check to ensure your character isn't overpowered, or isn't underpowered and thus relevant to the party in combat or after combat roles.)  

I like the application. =P 

Two things: Given that the sabre is roughly insignificant, I don't mind you moving it into the appearance section on the premise that it is relatively useless in combat with all of the other characters and really only kept for practical stabby-jabby, slicey-wicey sword play with NPCs of the such. Unless Fayyad is meant to have some sort decent swordsman, small amount of practice, and you would like to have the sword present in his arsenal for when possible rock giants of the like are in the frey and his alchemy just might not be enough. In which case, I'd advice adding swordplay training somewhere in his bio, adding a great deal more information to the weapons section of it's appearance, any kind of enchantment it might have, and a new back story on how he obtained this decent-cool sword and where it's possible enchantments or special features come from. Name it if you have to. Theres two options on the Sabre, no need to remove it completely by any shape or form.

As far as the Alchemy goes, the suggestion in the PM was fairly accurate and a good one. Simply do as the other Magic sections do, but rename it Alchemy and list the kinds of attacks/effects he can have through his Alchemy as individual skills/techniques/or names for the formulas that enable these attacks/effects and what he has to go through to activate/make/perform them.

Simply put: This application isn't far from acceptable. In fact, after the above two conditions are settled, Fayyad is a welcomed character of the GBTK rp cast and he'll be ready for the first day of the RP. What an application is supposed to do is really two things: Display the writer's talent/capability with RP to ensure to the rest of the players that they are indeed ready to RP and can post regularly. which you have proven already, and to accurately document the character for future use should one of us forget details of your character we can refer to your application to add detail to our posts regarding how our characters perceive Fayyad. You know? This last part included your Alchemy section to provide intimate detail on how it used, what it is effective for and what Fayyad can currently make of it. (It's more or less a check to ensure your character isn't overpowered, or isn't underpowered and thus relevant to the party in combat or after combat roles.)  

I like the application. =P 

I'll do the alchemy stuff now.

[spoiler=Fayyad Nejem]

[spoiler=Appearance]

[/spoiler]

[spoiler= Personality]

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Biography]

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Weapon]

Details

He wields an iron sabre enchanted and drenched with 'fira control' spirit elixirs. Over time, the sabre rusted entirely and transformed into a solid embodiment of fire. This only happened recently.

History

He bought it from the shop one day.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Magic]

Fayyad only really uses magic in order to prepare special liquids for brewing to make special potions and medicines. He also uses herbal oils. His magic is shown below:

- Fire Enchantment: The ability to control and manipulate a fire source with pure magic. Fayyad has almost mastered this ability.

- Spirit Brewery: The ability to dissolve magical orbs in liquids to create exceedingly powerful elixirs and strong tranquilizing poisons for warriors to use at times. 

[/spoiler]

[/spoiler]

You still have to move the weapon, and you havn't added any alchemy effects or attacks or uses yet. There's still that little bit to go, and I believe we're also looking for Elly to complete her app?

We're definitely not at all far from the start of the IC. Which is just a touch nerve-wracking. 

You still have to move the weapon, and you havn't added any alchemy effects or attacks or uses yet. There's still that little bit to go, and I believe we're also looking for Elly to complete her app?

We're definitely not at all far from the start of the IC. Which is just a touch nerve-wracking. 

I added detail about the sabre. I just need to make moar spells.

That Sabre is going to need a little bit more if you're looking to have it be a neat weapon ;D Actually giving it power like that compounded your Sabre's problem in your app. lol.

And a them alchemy spells bro, We needs them.

And when Elly finishes her App, we'll be free to start this whenever. 

That Sabre is going to need a little bit more if you're looking to have it be a neat weapon ;D Actually giving it power like that compounded your Sabre's problem in your app. lol.

And a them alchemy spells bro, We needs them.

And when Elly finishes her App, we'll be free to start this whenever. 

Ooh, I'm not sure how magic would work with alchemy in any more ways. The sabre is also dangerous to the wielder, so yeah.

Well, your second ability is very general, so you could honestly fill out the rest just by elaborating on it. Just try listing out what elixirs and potions he can make. What are some of the ingredients? What do they look, smell, taste, feel like? What are their effects? You already have the tranquilizing potion idea, so just make that its own entry and elaborate on it and you've already got one down. Presumably you can expand the list as the plot demands, so go nuts :)

(wherpderp, my game hasn't started yet, so I decided to check in on this)

Well, your second ability is very general, so you could honestly fill out the rest just by elaborating on it. Just try listing out what elixirs and potions he can make. What are some of the ingredients? What do they look, smell, taste, feel like? What are their effects? You already have the tranquilizing potion idea, so just make that its own entry and elaborate on it and you've already got one down. Presumably you can expand the list as the plot demands, so go nuts :)

(wherpderp, my game hasn't started yet, so I decided to check in on this)

Thanks for the help!

soon... soon... >:3

Oh, what will people be doing on their first posts? I figure we should coordinate so people actually start interacting with each other and we aren't just flailing our limbs aimlessly. (Plus, I notice first posts tend to be about five times as long as regular posts, so it'd be cool to start writing 'em early and get to the good stuff fast.)

soon... soon... >:3

Oh, what will people be doing on their first posts? I figure we should coordinate so people actually start interacting with each other and we aren't just flailing our limbs aimlessly. (Plus, I notice first posts tend to be about five times as long as regular posts, so it'd be cool to start writing 'em early and get to the good stuff fast.)

We could just regard the first post as an outline of a normal day in the world of Techi-land.

Well, yes, but what does that entail? :P Hopefully our characters would run into each other doing their rounds.

Maia will probably be running around doing errands, fetching obscure magical ingredients. Seems like an easy way to run into Daphne and Fayyad, at least. Actually, what does Fayyad do for a living - does he run a store of some kind? If so, Maia could always stop in looking for something to make a remedy or the like with. (Maia is a professional cleric, so she goes around, like, healing the sick, feeding the hungry, etc. when not studying. Again, presumably she's trying to make some kind of medicine.)

Well, yes, but what does that entail? :P Hopefully our characters would run into each other doing their rounds.

Maia will probably be running around doing errands, fetching obscure magical ingredients. Seems like an easy way to run into Daphne and Fayyad, at least. Actually, what does Fayyad do for a living - does he run a store of some kind? If so, Maia could always stop in looking for something to make a remedy or the like with. (Maia is a professional cleric, so she goes around, like, healing the sick, feeding the hungry, etc. when not studying. Again, presumably she's trying to make some kind of medicine.)

He is kinda like a doctor who focuses in arcane chemistry and herbalism. He runs a clinic and a chemist's shop. Most of his prices are cheap, and clinic service is usually free, unless he is dealing with that of the deadlier kind. You should be able to see his shop down the corner of the road your temple is by. You should help him out some time. All his hard work often means he doesn't get to rest or have a proper meal.

This is basically the idea.

Day before the invasion.

Everyone is coming together in the Kingdom of Gnorfiend. Be it because they have lived there all along or some tragic twist of fate has spirited us away into a world unknown(Caugh, Angel, Caugh) This is just a look at how their normal day would go, to keep this short, we should look into making their interactions quick, but interesting, leaving much to be explored later as the incoming invasion casts them from either their landing point or home into an uncomfortable journey to either redeem the Kingdom from the despair of the Shadows. In short, they'll wake up, and you'll explore their casual day, got classes? They're going to classes. Do they work some sort of job? They're at that job, probably groggy, if they're busy-worker types. If they're from another area all together and this is their first day in the kingdom, explore some, look for shelter as you would, food etc. Whatever your character would do, just give it a brief look. An understanding of what they may be losing the next day... what they may be missing throughout their journey.

It is understandable that a good Rp has a Co-host. And to make up for the fact I may be missing out on Rp-time for about two full days a week at my dad's house on occasion, this RP is going to need more than just the love of one Co-host. I will elect Angel and Supreme Gamesmaster. if they accept the extra responsibility.

I have a post to iron out for Angel in his RP. and I have to finally give the two ready application the attention they deserve, but the thread will finally be ready to start posting in very very shortly. With much to discuss plot-wise, npc-wise, everything-else-wise, Hopefully one of the two I have elected to be Co-host accepts, and if they do, they are welcomed to start a Pm concerning the previous details with me so we can really throw our ideas into a mixing pot to provide the best experience we can with this RP . Thank you for your patience. 

Archived