God Bless The King [OOC/PG-16/Started/Accepting]

Techi☺

Thanks, GM. Indeed, even in other RPs that I was doing beforehand, I was getting tired of the whole "magic this, magic that" schtick. So I decided to make a completely brawny character as opposed to one who relies on magic in a world overrun with magic. It'll definitely be an interesting experience.

Alright, I'll go change the application~

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Once you've made that one change, you're free to post whenever. That said, though, making a post now. Will anyone want to squeeze in some conversation before doppelganger-stuff starts? (Especially looking at Elly, since Maia's wanted to chat with Daphne for a while, but that goes for anyone in the shop.) I'll post some time in the evening, so if anyone wants anything to happen, they should say so. Otherwise I'll transition the shop people into the doppelganger fight.

Suffocated Gravekeeper is... Yes, Kane's nickname and there's also a replica based on his nickname. So yeah, try not to get confused here.

EDIT: If anyone's wandering, replicas are basically clones. Yeah, I may have mentioned that in my RP, but that's not the point here. I'll think of a post to help get the foreigner out of Gnorfiend.

Thanks for taking the time to write such a descriptive review and check out my handle, I really appreciate that. I went ahead and modified the spells to fit her theme, which as an allomancer, seems to be earth. Her spells are currently earth moving and gold summoning, both earth derivatives. I also left shield there, as it's a pretty general spell in my opinion, a staple as you termed it. Her last spell is a truth enchantment, as it's non combat and I didn't think it added to her physicality. Is that acceptable?

I have a theory I came up with: carbon manipulation. Carbon, a naturally occurring element, is also one of the most abundant materials in the human body. Perhaps by manipulating those molecules in the brain of another person, she can influence certain aspects of a person from the inside out, ie the inability to lie? It seems less absolute than a command in the ancient language, but in reality, Katrina could be using the same words, with that aforementioned process being the method of what the spell is actually acting on.

Ok. Not to be rude, but Yami I just need to get a few things about your post straight

• Luke goes about his business normally while 1) Kane basically gouges out his own eye (at least that's what it would look like to the people of Gnorfield who have absolutely no concept as to what contacts are). 2) His coworker (Daphne, she's a royal mage so he should know her, or at least be familiar with who she is) shrieks in terror 3)a clone shows up with a knife, and even if he left before that happened the other two things still should have at least caught his attention
  • What's the point of the new spell if it literally gives what seems to be 2nd/3rd degree burns?
  • How does Luke know Kane's a dimension hopper? Yes he's well known for his portal stunt, but I'm pretty sure the kingdom's mages are still trying to puzzle out what exactly the portal was so I'm not sure that the concept of 'dimensions' is exactly familiar to the people of Gnorfield
  • So Luke runs off into the woods without barely a word fights, kills, skins, and sews together a coat and shoes (in the middle of the woods I might add) of the bears he killed, and Kane's still there? Right where Luke left him? 
  • Also while you say savage, bears are not naturally aggressive animals, they're actually quite shy, just saying...

G4, in your most recent post, you knocked on someone's door. Is that the door to the Grandmaster's house? I just want some clarification is all. He is, technically, an NPC, so you can take control of him however you like~

Katrina definitely knocked on the door lol. Are you sure? I assumed the character had some kind of history, that I personally wouldn't know, but if you're sure, I might just go to town with it... Also, do we post reactions and dialogue for all npc type characters?

Ok. Not to be rude, but Yami I just need to get a few things about your post straight

• Luke goes about his business normally while 1) Kane basically gouges out his own eye (at least that's what it would look like to the people of Gnorfield who have absolutely no concept as to what contacts are). 2) His coworker (Daphne, she's a royal mage so he should know her, or at least be familiar with who she is) shrieks in terror 3)a clone shows up with a knife, and even if he left before that happened the other two things still should have at least caught his attention
  • What's the point of the new spell if it literally gives what seems to be 2nd/3rd degree burns?
  • How does Luke know Kane's a dimension hopper? Yes he's well known for his portal stunt, but I'm pretty sure the kingdom's mages are still trying to puzzle out what exactly the portal was so I'm not sure that the concept of 'dimensions' is exactly familiar to the people of Gnorfield
  • So Luke runs off into the woods without barely a word fights, kills, skins, and sews together a coat and shoes (in the middle of the woods I might add) of the bears he killed, and Kane's still there? Right where Luke left him? 
  • Also while you say savage, bears are not naturally aggressive animals, they're actually quite shy, just saying...

One good post deserves another. I'm about to respond IC in a manner of speaking.

I think you're allowed to take control of NPCs as long as you don't do anything stupid with them. Besides, it's pretty much pointless to RP a "character" that is probably going to die in the next few rounds, lol. If you want Katrina to fight the Grandmaster, or just want to kill him off outright, I have no objections. As for reactions and dialogue, that's something I'm not really familiar with. I've had other people on other boards take control of NPCs and do just fine in terms of dialogue, but that certain scenario actually didn't really happen to me (except for a combat situation). I'll wait for an official response from the GMs of the RP, though, if it means that much~

They'll probably agree with me, but NPCs, throughout my RP history, can be controlled by anyone as long as they aren't immediately talking/interacting with someone else, which, the Grandmaster most definitely is not.

EDIT: After looking around, only one person can take control of an NPC, and you must give permission first. So, if you want to take the Grandmaster and do whatever with him, then I have no objections.

@Yami Zero: I do like the idea of Luke being the one who's like "Cool! This guy looks weird! :V" and tracking him down while the others stay back at the shop and go "o____x;;". But, er... what Elly said, honestly. I have no idea how to follow that post up, except by kind of ignoring it and moving on until it's edited... ^^;;

@Arin: I'm (one of) the host(s) of this RP and even I have no idea what those NPC rules mean. I thought we were just doing the normal thing like you said, where everyone can control NPCs within reason. Did someone say otherwise? ^^;;

@Arin: I'm (one of) the host(s) of this RP and even I have no idea what those NPC rules mean. I thought we were just doing the normal thing like you said, where everyone can control NPCs within reason. Did someone say otherwise? ^^;;

http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/196225-roleplay-forum-rules-both-ic-and-ooc/

2nd post, Section 5 talks about NPCs. I did a little bit of research after I made that post and quickly edited. Though, it IS a bit outdated. It falls to you to make the final call, though. ^-^

Huh. Weird. There's also one in there that says they're controlled "by the GM." (Actually I remember one time Umbra ran a game with that philosophy but forgot to let the players know. He abandoned it in a rage before the first page was up and everyone else continued it by themselves :v)

Well, NPCs shouldn't be too important in this one way or another, so we can probably just afford to be vague about it. Do what you guys think is best :) (Except for the really big NPCs like the King or something, which should probably be left in Techi's hands. If Techi ever logs on again u_u)

Okay, so Kane has the ability to make clones of himself? I think I missed that one. Shadow Clone Jutsu!

In all the RPs I've been in, the creator of the NPC plays the NPC, except in a few select circumstances. I only figured the grandmaster had a bigger part to play than a one off mentor. That's my bad lol. But I digress, situation has been remedied. I don't think Katrina would randomly kill an old man, but I guess it would have been funny. :p

Okay, so Kane has the ability to make clones of himself? I think I missed that one. Shadow Clone Jutsu!

No, I think an evil clone of him that came through the portal from the other dimension or whatever had just died from like his Guardian attack or something. Why Kane wanted to revive him and turn him evil, though, I don't know.

No, I think an evil clone of him that came through the portal from the other dimension or whatever had just died from like his Guardian attack or something. Why Kane wanted to revive him and turn him evil, though, I don't know.

I got you, so Kane can revive the dead. That's an improvement, I think. Thanks for clarifying. Also, I edited my post to be more accommodating to the events. So I'm not mistaken, this shop seems to be relatively close to the woods, no? I mean, bears don't just come out of nowhere.

And bears on an island? This place is awesome!

Name- Ian

Age-Unknown

Race-Nature spirt

Gender-Male

Birth-unknown

Personaliy-Ian is a neutral type person in most makers however he is willing to kill or destroy any darkness that may arise. His is wise yet youthful at the same time, he has the maturity of a teenager or young adult. Ian is always willing to help others, however he would rather mend the earth of its wounds, and the sounds cause by mama. Ian is hopeful that he can restore the once great forest of the world and make it whole again.

Apperance- Although Ian is a nature spirit, he takes the appearance of an elf. He has green eyes, black hair and pale skin. He towers over most humans. He wears a baggy white shirt with a leather vest. He has a sense of life that surrounds him. He is well groomed, and his hair is grown out to his shoulders. Ian has a young look to his face although he is almost as old as nature its self.

Bio-Ian is a character who's first memories are of wandering a giant forest which he mended and care for. He is a child of nature and takes the appearances of an elf. Ian is wise and appears young. Although he is wise, he is childish and can fall deeply in love. He depises all darkness, for a terrible darkness destroyed he ancient home. Ian has bright green eyes, pitch black hair, pale skin, and he towers over most.

Magic-Ian doesn't control or influence mama in any way however he does bend nature to his will. Unwillingly plants grow quickly around him and plants grow out of no where.

That's not a bad concept - basically Tom Bombadil, only having a point. Unfortunately, this application falls short in many ways:

1. No "unknowns" allowed. I want a full name before we start. (Except for Kane Underwood, but I have no authority over him. Believe me, if I had my way, there'd be no "unknowns" allowed, period.)
  2. Did you... actually read the application? You left some fields blank, you added fields that weren't there, and you didn't exposit nearly enough about your magic.
  3. The personality is a pile of contradictions. He's supposedly neutral, but kills and destroys all darkness - that doesn't sound very neutral to me. He's wise, but has the maturity of a teenager? As a teenager (albeit a late teenager): that is definitely a contradiction. Not only does that not approach the length requirement, it doesn't give me any clear picture of what he's supposed to act like.
  4. There are length requirements on this app; you're nowhere near them. I'm not anal-retentive about these things, but honestly, you're not even close. u_u
  5. The bio doesn't explain anything. It has maybe two bits of information - first memories of a giant forest and a terrible darkness destroying his ancient home - but beyond that it's just repeating appearance and personality info we already know. This is an application, not a blurb - you can't leave us in suspense; you have to actually explain the events in question.
  6. Everyone in this world interacts with mana in some way quote: "Your character has more than likely grownup [sic] with mana all around them in the air they breathe." Even the giants have it; they just didn't have a developed system of magic, a "failure to manipulate mana." So not having any influence on mana whatsoever seems... odd to me. And while I'd be willing to blink it away if you were trying to play the equivalent of a Force void or something, where it was a big part of the concept, here, you're trying to have your cake and eat it too. You're like, "My character doesn't have magic... except he does, because he's a druid and brings plants to life." That sounds a lot like magic to me. :P
  7. Unless he doesn't control or influence "mama" in any way, in which case... I'm glad he doesn't have any hold on his mother.

You can check out some of the other accepted apps to see what we're looking for. As it is, I'm afraid I simply can't accept this. Try again whenever you'd like, though - if you fill out the application properly, we're all ears. (Eyes? Idioms on the Internet are hard.)

Archived