[Finished]Pseudo-God Card Challenge [WINNERS ANNOUNCED]

KoolGoldfinch

2uidbwl.png

Time to make some awesome cards!

THEMING / CARD REQUIREMENTS:

Your challenge here is to create 3 new Pseudo-God Cards.  They cannot be Ritual, Fusion, Synchro, Xyz, or Pendulum cards and MUST be balanced.  When you make them, keep in mind that OCG is important, and try to create them so that they might actually be used in the card game.  Read the rules below for more info.

RULES:

1. All general YCM rules apply

2. Deadline for your entry will be on March 20th @ 9:00 PM (EST)

3. I will be the only judge (criteria listed below)

4. Please post all your entries below as a reply in this thread (do not PM them to me)

5. No copying cards or using old creations.  Cards submitted MUST be your own creations never posted before

6. Post your cards' lores beneath the cards so that they can be easily read

7. You may post written cards, but no generating them with a blank image

8. The DIVINE Attributes / Divine-Beast card types are NOT ALLOWED.  I get that I am asking you to make Pseudo-Gods here, however only the real God Cards have the DIVINE status, so let's keep it that way

9. There has to be a backstory / reason for these cards being Pseudo-Gods.  For example, the Wicked God Cards (Wicked Dreadroot, Wicked Eraser, & Wicked Avatar; Yu-Gi-Oh! R) were created to be evil versions of the original God Cards and the Sacred Beasts (Uria, Hamon, & Raviel; Yu-Gi-Oh! GX) were mimicking the original God Cards but were actually based off of high angels and demons from Biblical text.  See what I mean?  Just make sure there is a reason your cards can be called Pseudo-Gods, not just because you made them that way

10. You must also submit design notes with your entry.  Basically, tell me the backstory to your cards and why you decided to make them and why they do what they do.  It will be helpful in understanding why you made the cards

11. Remember to be creative and to have fun with it!

This contest is free to enter.  You just have to post below saying that you're interested.

CONTESTANTS: (YOUR ENTRIES WILL BE ADDED HERE AS YOU SUBMIT THEM) 

1. Sir Yamiegg

2. Dramatic Crossroad

3. Tinkerer [spoiler='Show Entry']TINKERER'S ENTRY:

hbVVYaB.jpg

LORE:
This card may only be Tribute Summoned by offering three monsters on your side of the field as tribute. This card's summon cannot be negated and all set spell and trap cards are returned to the hand. If this card destroys a monster in battle, you may destroy up to 2 cards on the field. This card cannot be destroyed during the battle phase.

iwzOp9k.jpg
LORE:
This card may only be Tribute Summoned by offering three monsters on your side of the field as tribute. This card's Summon cannot be negated. Send all monsters on the field to the Graveyard and summon "Omnipresent Tokens" (Wind/Spellcaster-type/Lvl 1/ATK 0/DEF 0) to all empty monster card zones in defense position. These tokens may not be used as materials for the summoning of an Extra Deck monster.

QWQ7RFO.jpg
LORE:
This card may only be Tribute Summoned by offering three monsters on your side of the field as tribute. This card's Summon cannot be negated. As long as this card is on the field, your opponent plays with their hand revealed. During each player's standby phase, you may select 1 card in your opponent's hand, field or graveyard. Until the End Phase, This card cannot be removed from the field by the selected card.[/spoiler]

4. CrownedKing

[spoiler='Show Entry']CROWNEDKING'S ENTRY:

NT6ELMk.jpg
LORE:
There can only be one Energized Blind-Summon Dragon on your side of the field. This card cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. This monster can only be Special Summoned by it's own effect. You can banish the top 3 cards from your deck, summon this monster and Energized Cyber-Bone Dragon. Once per turn, you can activate one of these effects:
• Target one face-up Normal or Effect monster, banish from your hand as many cards as was used to summon that monster, then destroy that monster.
• Banish one monster from your graveyard, deal the monster's level x100 as damage to your opponent.
• Banish one Spell/Trap card from your hand, move one Spell/Trap card in your graveyard to your Spell/Trap zone facedown.

gEIL3sH.jpg
LORE:
There can only be one Energized Cyber-Bone Dragon on your side of the field. This card cannot be Special Summoned except by the effect of Energized Blind-Incantation Dragon. You must banish the tributes in order to Tribute Summon this monster. If this is the only monster on your side of the field, it gains 1000 ATK and DEF. This monster gains 100 ATK and DEF for each card besides Energized Cyber-Bone Dragon. This monster gains 2000 ATK if there are two other Energized monsters on your side of the field.

3zDeGgP.jpg
LORE:
There can only be one Energized Transparent-Guardian Dragon on your side of the field. This monster cannot be Special Summoned except by it's own effect. This monster cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. When there are 3 or more Level 3 or below monsters in your graveyard, you can Special Summon this monster in defense mode. While this card is face-up in defense mode, other monsters cannot be targeted for a card effect or attacked. This monster's ATK and DEF are equal to the amount of monsters in your graveyard x100. This monster can attack your opponent directly. When this monster is in attack mode, your opponent can attack you directly.[/spoiler]

5. yugiohcreator876

[spoiler='Show Entry']YUGIOHCREATOR876'S ENTRY:

BuwgjQk.jpg
LORE:
This card can only be Normal Summoned by tributing "Forest God- Xochipilli", "Water God- Chalchiuhtlicue", and "Fire God- Xiuhtecuhtli" . This card's Normal Summon cannot be negated. Once per turn, you can activate one of the following effects:
- Send 1 card from your hand to the Graveyard to inflict 500 points of damage.
- Send 1 card from your hand to the Graveyard to add 1 card from your Deck to your hand.
- Return 1 card from your opponent's side of the field to the owner's hand.

7OxfkR0.jpg
LORE:
Requires 3 Tributes to Normal Summon (cannot be Normal/Set). This card's Normal Summon cannot be negated. During each of your Standby Phase, for each card in your opponent's hand, deal 500 points of damage to your opponent. Once per turn, destroy one card on your opponent's side of the field. This card cannot be destroyed in battle or by card effects.

qP4ardD.jpg
LORE:
Requires 3 Tributes to Normal Summon (cannot be Normal/Set). This card's Normal Summon cannot be negated. All monsters on your opponent's side of the field are returned to their hand. This card cannot be destroyed by Spell or Trap Cards.

DTiUKvb.jpg
LORE:
Requires 3 Tributes to Normal Summon (cannot be Normal/Set). This card's Normal Summon cannot be negated. This card gains ATK and DEF points equal to the ATK and DEF points of all the Tributed monsters. This card cannot be destroyed by card effects.[/spoiler]

SCORING:

I will be using the same grading scale as a staff member here, Sakura Haruno, as it makes a lot of sense.  Try to keep these things in minds while you create your cards.

• Balance (40) - Are your cards broken?  How well did you work backstory into creating suitable card effects?
  • Usability (20) - Can we use these cards properly without any questionable situations (infinite loops, vague effects, etc.)?
  • Creativity (20) - How did you portray your cards? Is it something that other cards have already done or something new?  Are these based on old card designs or did you think of something very original?
  • OCG (15) - How well did you write grammar in accordance with PSCT? Did you check any standard grammar/spelling mistakes that are looked at in standard English? *
  • Theme/Realism (5) - Did you follow the theme, and obey standard card making principles? (Don't break the BEWD clause, use realistic stats and other things)

* You will be mostly graded on comprehension of the effect and general spelling/grammatical errors. I will deduct points for spelling/grammatical errors for standard English, so please spellcheck your work before the deadline.

I understand that English isn't the primary language of many users here, but just try your best. You may seek help from other members with any spelling issues, or check it against an online dictionary.

Points will not be deducted for using an older OCG style (though I encourage use of PSCT, because it solves ruling issues that were present in the older versions), along with any conflicting wording Konami may have regarding certain mechanics.

- (Quote from Sakura's latest contest; edited to fit this contest)

PRIZES:

1st Place: 200 points + Special Award (Example Below)

2nd Place: 75 points + Runner-Up Award (Example Below)

3rd Place: 25 points

[spoiler='Award Example']20kyemd.png[/spoiler]

I wish everyone good luck, and I really hope to be blown away by your designs!

GET YOUR GAME ON!

~KGF

WARNING:  THIS WILL BE MY LAST BUMP.  THIS IS LAST CALL / WARNING FOR ALL WHO WANT TO JOIN.

The contest is up in exactly one week.  If you have not submitted an entry by 11:59 PM on Friday the 20th, you will not be counted.  Just as well, if we do not have at least three entries into this tournament, IT WILL BE CANCELLED.  You don't have to post the cards when you join; you may post here saying you will join then make the cards and post them at a later date.  Again, this is the last call for anyone who is interested.  I am sorry there are not many points up for grabs, but as you can see, I do not have a lot to give out.

Here are my cards:

hbVVYaB.jpg

This card may only be Tribute Summoned by offering three monsters on your side of the field as tribute. This card's summon cannot be negated and all set spell and trap cards are returned to the hand. If this card destroys a monster in battle, you may destroy up to 2 cards on the field. This card cannot be destroyed during the battle phase.

iwzOp9k.jpg

This card may only be Tribute Summoned by offering three monsters on your side of the field as tribute. This card's Summon cannot be negated. Send all monsters on the field to the Graveyard and summon "Omnipresent Tokens" (Wind/Spellcaster-type/Lvl 1/ATK 0/DEF 0) to all empty monster card zones in defense position. These tokens may not be used as materials for the summoning of an Extra Deck monster.

QWQ7RFO.jpg

This card may only be Tribute Summoned by offering three monsters on your side of the field as tribute. This card's Summon cannot be negated. As long as this card is on the field, your opponent plays with their hand revealed. During each player's standby phase, you may select 1 card in your opponent's hand, field or graveyard. Until the End Phase, This card cannot be removed from the field by the selected card.

These "Pseudo-Gods" are all level 10 monsters of different attributes and the same stats of 4000/0.

Essentially, they are not considered gods in of themselves, but aspects of gods, specifically the aspects that they are beings that are all-knowing, all-powerful, and always there.  Each of their effects reflect the aspect that they represent.

Omnipotos represents the all-powerful aspect of the gods.  Its effect reflects that by clearing the path in front of it and upon destroying a monster, Omnipotos shows his true strength, wiping the field even more.

Omnipresados represents the gods being everywhere.  That said, its effect summons itself everywhere.  Its primary effect, though is creating a ton of fodder for another Divine Aspect card to be summoned soon afterward.

Omniscie represents the all knowing aspect of the gods.  This card's effect gives a huge amount of knowledge to the player and this knowledge gives a way of protection, which leads to its secondary effect, anticipation and a representation of foreknowledge.

NT6ELMk.jpg

There can only be one Energized Blind-Summon Dragon on your side of the field. This card cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. This monster can only be Special Summoned by it's own effect. You can banish the top 3 cards from your deck, summon this monster and Energized Cyber-Bone Dragon. Once per turn, you can activate one of these effects:
· Target one face-up Normal or Effect monster, banish from your hand as many cards as was used to summon that monster, then destroy that monster.
· Banish one monster from your graveyard, deal the monster's level x100 as damage to your opponent.
· Banish one Spell/Trap card from your hand, move one Spell/Trap card in your graveyard to your Spell/Trap zone facedown.

gEIL3sH.jpg

There can only be one Energized Cyber-Bone Dragon on your side of the field. This card cannot be Special Summoned except by the effect of Energized Blind-Incantation Dragon. You must banish the tributes in order to Tribute Summon this monster. If this is the only monster on your side of the field, it gains 1000 ATK and DEF. This monster gains 100 ATK and DEF for each card besides Energized Cyber-Bone Dragon. This monster gains 2000 ATK if there are two other Energized monsters on your side of the field.

3zDeGgP.jpg

There can only be one Energized Transparent-Guardian Dragon on your side of the field. This monster cannot be Special Summoned except by it's own effect. This monster cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. When there are 3 or more Level 3 or below monsters in your graveyard, you can Special Summon this monster in defense mode. While this card is face-up in defense mode, other monsters cannot be targeted for a card effect or attacked. This monster's ATK and DEF are equal to the amount of monsters in your graveyard x100. This monster can attack your opponent directly. When this monster is in attack mode, your opponent can attack you directly.

Story: The battle between Dark Magician and Blue-Eyes White Dragon caused a powerful wave of energy, causing three ancient dragon fossils to awaken with strange new powers.

I'm in! Here are my cards!

[spoiler='My God Cards']BuwgjQk.jpg

This card can only be Normal Summoned by tributing "Forest God- Xochipilli", "Water God- Chalchiuhtlicue", and "Fire God- Xiuhtecuhtli" . This card's Normal Summon cannot be negated. Once per turn, you can activate one of the following effects:
- Send 1 card from your hand to the Graveyard to inflict 500 points of damage.
- Send 1 card from your hand to the Graveyard to add 1 card from your Deck to your hand.
- Return 1 card from your opponent's side of the field to the owner's hand.

7OxfkR0.jpg

Requires 3 Tributes to Normal Summon (cannot be Normal/Set). This card's Normal Summon cannot be negated. During each of your Standby Phase, for each card in your opponent's hand, deal 500 points of damage to your opponent. Once per turn, destroy one card on your opponent's side of the field. This card cannot be destroyed in battle or by card effects.

qP4ardD.jpg

Requires 3 Tributes to Normal Summon (cannot be Normal/Set). This card's Normal Summon cannot be negated. All monsters on your opponent's side of the field are returned to their hand. This card cannot be destroyed by Spell or Trap Cards.

DTiUKvb.jpg

Requires 3 Tributes to Normal Summon (cannot be Normal/Set). This card's Normal Summon cannot be negated. This card gains ATK and DEF points equal to the ATK and DEF points of all the Tributed monsters. This card cannot be destroyed by card effects.[/spoiler]

Story: The Aztec Gods are rising, but due to a curse during the battle against the Mayans, they got sealed into Yugioh cards.

This is the last notice to those in the Pseudo-God Card contest.  You have only 2 days left to get your cards in before you are disqualified.  You can submit your cards on the thread in the Card Contests sub-forum and you must do so by 11:59 PM ET on Friday, March 20.

There is also still room for more people to join the contest!  You have 2 days left to enter!

I would love to join this contest but probably don't have enough mental capacity to do so by the end of today. However, I will donate the points for the prizes as appreciation for you running this contest.

I might edit this post later today to submit but don't count on it :v

I would love to join this contest but probably don't have enough mental capacity to do so by the end of today. However, I will donate the points for the prizes as appreciation for you running this contest.

I might edit this post later today to submit but don't count on it :v

Thank you!  This is really unexpected.  I have changed the prize amounts again because I have hit 1K points and I honestly don't mind giving up 300 points to the winners.

I hope you can submit your cards today, but either way, thank you for the donation! :)

I am sorry, but you posted your entries too late.  You will not be entered into the contest.

This means hat congratulations to the three contestants who did enter; you all will be winning something as there are up to 3rd place prizes!  I will post the results within 2 days.  Be sure to check back to see what place you got.

Just so you know, you actually have to post the grade breakdown of all the participants.

You know that scale that you borrowed? What did each participant get in those areas?

(Look at other contests if you need an idea)

---

Needless to say, be ready to explain why you gave them that score if requested.

Sorry.  Didn't know that I was supposed to make the results public.  Here are the final scores (it was really close!):

[spoiler='yugiohcreator876']BALANCE: 30/40 - The cards are very strong, but they are also balanced for being God Cards, such as each of them needing 3 Tributes (And the ultra-God Card needing you to Tribute the other 3).
USABILITY: 20/20 - There are really no confusing effects in this set. There are a few grammar issues here and there, but this does not hinder how the cards are played.
CREATIVITY: 20/20 - This set has a really neat backstory and I really like the thought put into this set.
OCG: 14/15 - Even though I have no problems with an older OCG, there are a few mistakes here and there.
THEME: 4/5 - The only card I would think needs some re-working would be the fire one because of its amazing effect giving it high guaranteed damage and immunity to everything. However, these cards never broke from the theme and I really like these cards.
OVERALL GRADE: 88/100[/spoiler]

[spoiler='Tinkerer']BALANCE: 35/40 - These are strong cards and can be Special Summoned, but they can also be easily destroyed with Mirror Force or Sakuretsu Armor.
USABILITY: 15/20 - There are a few problems like with the Omnipotence card (are the cards removed when he's summoned or is it a passive effect?)
CREATIVITY: 20/20 - I LOVE these cards' designs. It's a really out-of-the-box idea and I really enjoyed it.
OCG: 12/15 - It would be better if the effects were more specific.
THEME / REALISM: 5/5 - These are great cards and are at the point of realistically being usable.
OVERALL GRADE: 87/100[/spoiler]

[spoiler='CrownedKing']BALANCE: 10/40 - For God Cards, they are VERY easy to summon and one even allows you to special summon another one at the same time, plus they only require 2 tributes. Their effects are also very over powered.
USABILITY: 15/20 - There are some effects you can argue over, but nothing major, again.
CREATIVITY: 10/20 - Interesting backstory, but it seems as if it was an afterthought.
OCG: 12/15 - There are some mistakes here, but there isn't anything too terrible.
THEME: 3/5 - Creative idea, but I still feel like there could have been something more done with it.
OVERALL GRADE: 50/100[/spoiler]

Archived